PDA

View Full Version : North Korea did it: FBI not budging on Sony hack culprit

Hans
01-02-2015, 07:34 PM
Despite seeing evidence from data scientists pointing to individuals who may have been behind the hacking of Sony last month, the FBI isn't wavering on its original assessment that North Korea is the culprit, an FBI source tells CNN.

During the three-hour briefing, which was requested by Norse, representatives of the cybersecurity firm shared information they say links several people, including a former Sony employee, to the hack, Stammberger told CNN.

However, the FBI source said, the bureau continues to hold to its original assessment, based on information "from the FBI, the U.S. intelligence community, the Department of Homeland Security, foreign partners and the private sector."

The FBI source said the agency didn't share any of its information with Norse due to "sensitivity of sources/techniques."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/30/justice/fbi-sony-hack/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Yes, keep holding on to information from your various intelligence gathering agencies.
They have proven in the past to be very good with making up, I mean, "finding" information.

Anapeg
01-02-2015, 07:51 PM
The FBI are relatively sure if they repeat it often enough and seem inscrutable enough some will eventually have to listen. Those who do not will simply aquiesse and forget.

Hans
01-02-2015, 07:55 PM
It is easy to make a painting if you are a good painter.

Lance1
01-03-2015, 10:51 AM
I hope the war between North Korea and Sony does not escalate and involve the U.S, Canada or worst yet ,Nato.

I think they should just have a one on one with a game of WarCraft and winner takes all.

Barry Morris
01-03-2015, 10:28 PM
It is easy to make a painting if you are a good painter.

Well said, a quote to remember!!!