PDA

View Full Version : Mark of the Beast!! Perfect!!

Barry Morris
01-19-2015, 12:17 PM
http://www.wired.com/2014/10/wearable-gadget-implanted-hand-isnt-freaky-youd-think/

The Left Sock
01-19-2015, 06:11 PM
Some tribes in the Amazon will still try to chop your head off if you show them a Bic lighter.

The reaction from certain religious folks to new technology is no different.

Same concept, different context.

Barry Morris
01-19-2015, 11:40 PM
Some tribes in the Amazon will still try to chop your head off if you show them a Bic lighter.

The reaction from certain religious folks to new technology is no different.

Same concept, different context.

Don't think I'd use an Android if I was afraid of technology!! :) :) :)

Let's look at what the bible says in Revelations.

16And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. 18Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.

Chips are nothing new, it's true. But think about what it means not to be able to "buy or to sell," without the mark: Perfect security!!!!

No terrorist could buy or sell or travel. Without the chip, doors would not open, you couldn't buy food, no entry to arenas or airports or anywhere a bad guy might be excluded.

Combine all the existing technologies that allow the mere existence of a chip to confirm identification, or allow entry or pay bills, and everyone will feel perfectly safe!!!

Makes absolute sense!!!

Hans
01-20-2015, 06:23 AM
I think we outlawed slavery in most countries by now. Not to mention this is written in a way that can apply to many events, similar to Nostradamus' quatrains.

How do you calculate a number equalling 666 with the variables this text gives you?
Here is proof Bill Gates is satan: https://www2.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~wenzel/billgat.htm

The Left Sock
01-20-2015, 07:34 AM
"Makes absolute sense!!!"

Well, you left out the really juicy bits, where Christians think this new technology will mean the coming of the Anti-Christ, and the end of the world, and all that. Oh, and anyone who participates by wearing the 'mark' will be in league with old Beelzebub.

But other than that, They're all encouraging developments!

Bluesky
01-20-2015, 10:18 AM
The spirit of the antichrist has been very active right here.

Barry Morris
01-20-2015, 10:54 AM
"Makes absolute sense!!!"

Well, you left out the really juicy bits, where Christians think this new technology will mean the coming of the Anti-Christ, and the end of the world, and all that. Oh, and anyone who participates by wearing the 'mark' will be in league with old Beelzebub.

But other than that, They're all encouraging developments!

"Encouraging developments". OK, I'll go along with that.

Of course, and a nominal Buddhist, you will have no problem with religious freedom going out the window.

The Left Sock
01-20-2015, 05:11 PM
You have the freedom to secretly cheer on the end of the world, and I have the freedom to think you're all nuts.

Religious hysteria is one of the most dangerous things mankind can face. Even scarier than the cooked up boogeyman you think you're opposing.

Myths don't kill people. People who believe myths kill people.

Barry Morris
01-20-2015, 10:28 PM
You have the freedom to secretly cheer on the end of the world, and I have the freedom to think you're all nuts.

Religious hysteria is one of the most dangerous things mankind can face. Even scarier than the cooked up boogeyman you think you're opposing.

Myths don't kill people. People who believe myths kill people.

I find I must agree. But please remember that the "religious hysteria", if based on truth, will also condemn those who act improperly "in God's Name".

Barry Morris
02-05-2015, 10:17 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31042477

"We already interact with technology all the time," he told me. "Today it's a bit messy - we need pin codes and passwords. Wouldn't it be easy to just touch with your hand? That's really intuitive."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3697940.stm

"The night club offers its VIP clients the opportunity to have a syringe-injected microchip implanted in their upper arms that not only gives them special access to VIP lounges, but also acts as a debit account from which they can pay for drinks."

RWGR
02-05-2015, 05:59 PM
There is no "mark of the Beast" as Barry portrays it. That is a made up fable of mid-19th Century Protestantism.

"The Last Days" began the second Jesus ascended to the right-hand of the Father. The world could end in an hour, or in ten million years, we don't know, and you can be sure the Bible did not leave behind a Hollywood-like script into how it will all go down. The key is this: be prepared to meet your Maker at any time.

Funny, even Jesus says He does not know the time nor hour the Father will usher in the Last Day. Yet, our Protestant friends want you to believe the Bible left behind a script we can follow, and will in fact know when it's doomsday for the world as we know it.

I guess they have a special 'in' with God that His Son doesn't have.

Barry Morris
02-05-2015, 11:05 PM
There is no "mark of the Beast" as Barry portrays it. That is a made up fable of mid-19th Century Protestantism.

"The Last Days" began the second Jesus ascended to the right-hand of the Father. The world could end in an hour, or in ten million years, we don't know, and you can be sure the Bible did not leave behind a Hollywood-like script into how it will all go down. The key is this: be prepared to meet your Maker at any time.

Funny, even Jesus says He does not know the time nor hour the Father will usher in the Last Day. Yet, our Protestant friends want you to believe the Bible left behind a script we can follow, and will in fact know when it's doomsday for the world as we know it.

I guess they have a special 'in' with God that His Son doesn't have.

Why don't you quote the verses that this comes from, and tell us how old they are.

Then back up your other claims about 19th century protestantism.

RWGR
02-06-2015, 08:36 AM
For your reading pleasure:

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/library/view.cfm?recnum=5788

Anapeg
02-06-2015, 09:56 AM
Funny, even Jesus says He does not know the time nor hour the Father will usher in the Last Day.

It is things such as this that cause me to pause and wonder. According to the Bible, Jesus is the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. According to the Bible, the Father knows all. If all this be true, how can he not know when the "end" shall come?

RWGR
02-06-2015, 11:25 AM
It is things such as this that cause me to pause and wonder. According to the Bible, Jesus is the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. According to the Bible, the Father knows all. If all this be true, how can he not know when the "end" shall come?

It is a head-scratcher, no question.

I believe what it means is Jesus as the Man-God, the Savior who dwelt on earth, does not know the time nor hour. Jesus, who is God, does know.

In other words, you need to accept the fact they are two distinct entities, yet the same.

I fully understand this flies in the face of our human comprehension and knowledge system. But, I do not expect many things involved with God to fit within our extremely limited knowledge base.

We will understand it all in full someday, just not while we are on our earthly journey.

Anapeg
02-06-2015, 06:32 PM
He is all three, He knows everything, yet He does not know when the end will come. My Christian friends wonder how I might have a belief in the big bang and evolution. One, it seems to me, is no greater stretch than the other.

KDawg
02-06-2015, 07:08 PM
He is all three, He knows everything, yet He does not know when the end will come. My Christian friends wonder how I might have a belief in the big bang and evolution. One, it seems to me, is no greater stretch than the other.
There it is Anapeg, you said it. Everyone has faith in something.

Barry Morris
02-06-2015, 10:43 PM
There it is Anapeg, you said it. Everyone has faith in something.

Or trusts that God will explain someday.

Barry Morris
02-06-2015, 10:44 PM
For your reading pleasure:

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/library/view.cfm?recnum=5788

I asked for verses, not a worldly denominations opinion.

RWGR
02-07-2015, 02:28 PM
I asked for verses, not a worldly denominations opinion.

You asked, I provided. That you choose to ignore is not of my concern

Barry Morris
02-07-2015, 10:56 PM
You asked, I provided. That you choose to ignore is not of my concern

If I wanted a cult's opinion, I'd have asked for it.

RWGR
02-08-2015, 08:08 AM
If I wanted a cult's opinion, I'd have asked for it.

You do... every Sunday :) :) :)

RWGR
02-08-2015, 08:10 AM
So for those keeping score at home...

Barry can use a non-Catholic source to 'prove' the Bible wasn't given to us by the Catholics. But I can't use a Catholic source to prove otherwise.

And... the fact Martin Luther, the bedrock of Protestantism, admitted the Catholic Church gave the world the Bible...well. you know...game over :) :) :)

Barry Morris
02-08-2015, 05:31 PM
And... the fact Martin Luther, the bedrock of Protestantism, admitted the Catholic Church gave the world the Bible...well. you know...game over :) :) :)

I'm missing where Luther said that the RC was the source of the bible.

Of course, he did not.

Barry Morris
02-08-2015, 05:35 PM
So for those keeping score at home...

Barry can use a non-Catholic source to 'prove' the Bible wasn't given to us by the Catholics. But I can't use a Catholic source to prove otherwise.

Sure. And you used a nonbiblical source to bolster your claims.

I think you're afraid of the bible. That's natural, I guess, in the RC culture, where you are told only the hierarchy can explain it to you.

You are also terrified of the work of the Holy Spirit.

RWGR
02-08-2015, 05:41 PM
“Yes, we ourselves find it difficult to refute it, especially since we concede—as we must—that so much of what they say is true: that the papacy has God’s Word and the office of the apostles, and that we have received Holy Scripture, Baptism, the Sacrament, and the pulpit from them. What would we know of these if it were not for them? Therefore faith, the Christian Church, Christ, and the Holy Spirit must also be found among them"

-Martin Luther

Barry, you do know what he means by "papacy", right?

RWGR
02-08-2015, 05:45 PM

Sola Scriptura is not in the Bible. Why is a non-biblical source even an issue withy you?

I think you're afraid of the bible.

I am not, but I do know this: you *******ize it.

That's natural, I guess, in the RC culture, where you are told only the hierarchy can explain it to you.

you are told what to believe by whomever your preacher is this year. If he differs from the previous preacher, oh well!

You are also terrified of the work of the Holy Spirit

Not at all. I am terrified, however, in what you guys do to the Holy Spirit. You claim He will guide all to understanding (Sola Scriptura). Yet, thousands of Protestant denominations.

Either the Holy Spirit is wrong, or human Protestant interpretation is.

Guess who my money is on?? :) :) :)

Barry Morris
02-08-2015, 05:46 PM
AS I posted elsewhere:

"... (The RCC) didn't create the canon. Rather, it formally identified the canon that already existed."

Simple.

Barry Morris
02-08-2015, 05:47 PM

Sola Scriptura is not in the Bible. Why is a non-biblical source even an issue withy you?

I think you're afraid of the bible.

I am not, but I do know this: you *******ize it.

That's natural, I guess, in the RC culture, where you are told only the hierarchy can explain it to you.

you are told what to believe by whomever your preacher is this year. If he differs from the previous preacher, oh well!

You are also terrified of the work of the Holy Spirit

Not at all. I am terrified, however, in what you guys do to the Holy Spirit. You claim He will guide all to understanding (Sola Scriptura). Yet, thousands of Protestant denominations.

Either the Holy Spirit is wrong, or human Protestant interpretation is.

Guess who my money is on?? :) :) :)

Too many assumptions and errors.

RWGR
02-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Too many assumptions and errors.

If Protestantism has ever been as succinctly summed up as that, I'm not aware of it

Well done!!

Barry Morris
02-09-2015, 12:42 PM
I'm amused at your reluctance to quote scripture.

Considering your source, it's understandable.

RWGR
02-09-2015, 12:55 PM
You want me to quote Scripture to show you succinctly summed up Protestantism?

And, those Scriptures you want quoted...the RCC chose which ones went in the Bible :) :) :)

Anapeg
02-09-2015, 12:58 PM

And, those Scriptures you want quoted...the RCC chose which ones went in the Bible :) :) :)

Or more succinctly put man, fallible, self serving man.

Barry Morris
02-09-2015, 01:00 PM
Or more succinctly put man, fallible, self serving man.

Precisely!!! Love how RW avoids simple requests.

Barry Morris
02-09-2015, 01:01 PM

What would it matter??? The RCC overrides any Scripture that it doesn't like. It's all about power!!!

RWGR
02-09-2015, 01:04 PM
Precisely!!! Love how RW avoids simple requests.

Says the guy who subscribes to Sola Scriptura

RWGR
02-09-2015, 01:05 PM
What would it matter??? The RCC overrides any Scripture that it doesn't like. It's all about power!!!

It does not, but even if it did it doesn't change the fact the Bible you believe is all we need is a Bible whose books were picked by a RCC council :)

Anapeg
02-09-2015, 01:11 PM
"...a Bible whose books were picked by a RCC council.(made up of men)

RWGR
02-09-2015, 01:25 PM
yes, men wrote the books. A gigantic hand did not come down from heaven and write them

Barry Morris
02-09-2015, 02:12 PM
Says the guy who subscribes to Sola Scriptura

How would you know?? You've never asked what I believe. You only ASSUME all protestants are the same.

If all Catholics aren't the same, why should Protestants be all the same???

RWGR
02-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Barry, if you are a Protestant you subscribe to Sola Scriptura.

If you do not subscribe to Sola Scriptura then you are not a Protestant.

So which is it?

Barry Morris
02-09-2015, 05:10 PM
Barry, if you are a Protestant you subscribe to Sola Scriptura.

If you do not subscribe to Sola Scriptura then you are not a Protestant.

So which is it?

You'd like it to be that way, but it's not.

The "Protest" part is the rejection of the authority of Rome, which include the rejection of their authority to change or add to Scripture, or even create weird doctrines, especially those in direct contradiction to Scripture.

RWGR
02-09-2015, 05:29 PM
You'd like it to be that way, but it's not.

The "Protest" part is the rejection of the authority of Rome, which include the rejection of their authority to change or add to Scripture, or even create weird doctrines, .

Yes, Barry, I know...but, again, we're way beyond that

And what do those who protest Rome's authority believe? That every man and woman can interpret scripture for themselves. That is SS

especially those in direct contradiction to Scripture.

Yet you use SS, which is found nowhere in Scripture.

Again, trying to defend Protestantism simply leads you in circles.

Anapeg
02-09-2015, 06:02 PM
yes, men wrote the books. A gigantic hand did not come down from heaven and write them

Yet you are the first to point out man is fallible, flawed, prone to self-serving ways. We make mistakes, we further our own agendas, etc. yet the Bible is spot on perfect. One of these points needs be wrong.

Barry Morris
02-09-2015, 09:54 PM
Yes, Barry, I know...but, again, we're way beyond that

And what do those who protest Rome's authority believe? That every man and woman can interpret scripture for themselves. That is SS

Yet you use SS, which is found nowhere in Scripture.

Again, trying to defend Protestantism simply leads you in circles.

Sure. Your understanding is lacking, as usual.

By the way, http://grammartips.homestead.com/toetheline.html

Barry Morris
02-09-2015, 09:56 PM
Yet you are the first to point out man is fallible, flawed, prone to self-serving ways. We make mistakes, we further our own agendas, etc. yet the Bible is spot on perfect. One of these points needs be wrong.

Let me quote: "We believe the bible to be inerrant in it's original writing".

That should indicate to you that we know what happens when men get their hands on the bible, and start translating it with their own biases.

RWGR
02-10-2015, 08:10 AM

you forgot hat fallible man was inspired by an infallible God in what o write.

RWGR
02-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Sure. Your understanding is lacking, as usual.

By the way, http://grammartips.homestead.com/toetheline.html

You have no defense. Thank you for admitting as much.

Moving on ...

RWGR
02-10-2015, 08:12 AM
Let me quote: "We believe the bible to be inerrant in it's original writing".

That should indicate to you that we know what happens when men get their hands on the bible, and start translating it with their own biases.

The Bible, in Romans 3:28, states,

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

Martin Luther, in his German translation of the Bible, specifically added the word "allein" (English 'alone') to Romans 3:28-a word that is not in the original Greek. Notice what Protestant scholars have admitted:

...Martin Luther would once again emphasize...that we are "justified by faith alone", apart from the works of the Law" (Rom. 3:28), adding the German word allein ("alone") in his translation of the Greek text. (Brown HOJ. Heresies: Heresy and Orthodoxy in the History of the Church. Hendrickson Publishers, Peabody (MA), 1988, pp. 64-65).