PDA

View Full Version : Losing My Religion

RWGR
02-24-2015, 05:12 PM
So, we have a few people here who are quite dismissive of religion, of any sort, it would seem.

What if the religion is global warming?

https://nofrakkingconsensus.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/pachauri_my_religion12801.png

http://www.climatedepot.com/2015/02/24/un-ipcc-chief-admits-global-warming-is-religious-issue-it-is-my-religion-and-my-dharma/

Barry Morris
02-24-2015, 07:11 PM
Makes me think that the religion of the other side is money.

Of course, that does go both ways!!

Anapeg
02-24-2015, 07:35 PM
The talk is endless and the physical expenditures to repair are nil. As we speak, somewhere there is a raft of debris circling slowly and growing rapidly. Fish and birds are dying as a result. There are as well, huge factory ships sitting idle due to fishing moratoriums. Have a single factory ship make a dozen or more passes through the debris field with a fine sine net to collect and deliver to a port to be sorted and recycled as the vast majority is plastics. Out of work sailors make a few bob and the kaka is removed. Start with the very worst country for causing pollution of air, sea and land and force them with embargoes, whatever it takes to come up say 50% over their present 'score'. Then move to the next and so on. This would come to each in turn through rotation. Shut down the truly "bad" mills. This would shift work to the more echo friendly mills. Constant moaning does nothing and serves to have people plug their ears. Do something, somewhere and say this is the first of many steps and those not yet targeted need be proactive or suffer the consequences.

The Left Sock
02-25-2015, 10:41 PM
Nothing new here. There have been 'naturalists' around since the dawn of time. Of course, lots of them were rounded up and slaughtered when certain organized religions came around, but they persist in every corner of the world, to this day.

Worship of the earth is nothing new.

RWGR
02-26-2015, 11:16 AM
Worshipping of the earth is nothing new, having those very same earth worshippers in positions of great power and influence is.

The Left Sock
02-26-2015, 03:20 PM
It really sucks when those tables get turned, huh?

For hundreds of years, Pagans have had to live in fear of persecution because they studied herbs and liked to get married under a tree. Today, religious bananas are being shamed into understanding that mankind can indeed destroy the earth.

It's really difficult to have sympathy for your plight, considering the history involved.

RWGR
02-26-2015, 03:39 PM
Wrong thread? Because more than usual, your comment makes NO sense

RWGR
02-26-2015, 03:42 PM
yikes...just stopped over at Soapbox...I see now why Socky is borderline insane with anger the last few posts: he had his lunch fed to him, and then some!

The Left Sock
02-26-2015, 04:30 PM
It's so sad when someone gets properly flogged in one thread, and goes scurrying around looking for breadcrumbs in other threads, in a futile effort to shore up defenses!

RWGR
02-26-2015, 05:16 PM
It's so sad when someone gets properly flogged in one thread, and goes scurrying around looking for breadcrumbs in other threads, in a futile effort to shore up defenses!

yet you continue on...

:)

The Left Sock
02-26-2015, 05:20 PM
"A rose, by any other name...."

Still uses the same old lame tactics.

RWGR
02-26-2015, 05:21 PM
...yet you continue on ...