PDA

View Full Version : Computer Help

ctf
03-02-2015, 12:48 PM
I am not sure if this is the right spot to post, but I will anyway. I am having issues with the Sootoday site. It seems that it is constantly putting unwanted data on my system. There are googleads.g.doubleclick, pubads etc that I constantly need to run Malware to get rid of. I use the Great suspender with Chrome when not on the computer. Is there anything else - other than change homepage and stay away from Sootoday? This is just more annoying than anything else.

hobo
03-02-2015, 03:17 PM
Was this just recently? I had a few issues develop yesterday but not sure of the source. I gave up with Google chrome and switched to firefox and have far less problems.

ctf
03-02-2015, 04:30 PM
Not just Chrome. Use chrome more then Explorer and happens with both. Find that all kinds of Adware is on the Sootoday site and it invariably infiltrates and slows your system down.

hobo
03-02-2015, 05:02 PM
You mean the regular ads that bedazzle the eye and slows the loading of the page. Never bothers me that much but I just downloaded Ad block Plus on Firefox and boom - no more ads. Kinda sad not to see the ads though.

ctf
03-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Thanks. I added it to Chrome as well and it sure speeds up page load and removes those unwanted ads.