PDA

View Full Version : The Root to India's Rape Problem?

The Left Sock
03-06-2015, 07:40 AM
There was a thread, a while back, about the vicious gang rapes in India. Tried the search engine a few times, but couldn't track it down.

Anyway, there is a serious problem with rape in that country, and a real concern over the cultural attitudes of men who immigrate to Canada from countries like India, and what that means within our own society. While scanning the headlines this morning, I stumbled across something I had no idea existed - marital rape in India is legal!

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/05/asia/marital-rape-india/index.html

So, if it is perfectly legal for a man to rape his wife, then it is easy to see how men might carry that attitude out into the street. I think it's a major part of the problem in India and quite frankly, I am shocked that a country so advanced in so many ways, is so out of touch with reality on this issue. 'No' means no in every aspect of civilized culture, unless you happened to be married to that person, and then their right to say no disappears. Unbelievable!

RWGR
03-06-2015, 09:46 AM
That's as enlightened as Sharia Law calling for the execution of women who are raped, because they allowed their bodies to be defiled.