PDA

View Full Version : I think I said that

Barry Morris
03-23-2015, 09:45 AM
I think I said that.

http://www.liftable.com/andreadcombs/she-was-raised-by-2-lesbians-causes-controversy/

"In her stunning letter, she says she missed out on having her father around while growing up."

RWGR
03-23-2015, 11:39 AM
25 years already for that book. I remember the controversy when it came out like it was yesterday.

The homosexual community will not like to hear what she has to say now. Sad they had to use a child to make a political point. God for her, on opening up on the issue.

dancingqueen
03-24-2015, 04:03 PM
One author verses thousands of research studies.... interesting view, Maybe if we as a society stopped creating an imaginary gap between men and women we could see where the problem really is. It does make me furious, but not for the reasons you may think.

RWGR
03-24-2015, 05:07 PM
thousands of research studies....

Do tell!

dancingqueen
03-24-2015, 05:40 PM
Do tell!

Sorry I had just gotten out of bed, I meant research study participants...
:confused2:

Barry Morris
03-24-2015, 06:42 PM
One author verses thousands of research studies.... interesting view, Maybe if we as a society stopped creating an imaginary gap between men and women we could see where the problem really is. It does make me furious, but not for the reasons you may think.

I see the problem as an imaginary belief that women and men are exactly the same. There are issues in the gay agenda that demand such a mistaken belief.

Barry Morris
03-24-2015, 06:43 PM
Sorry I had just gotten out of bed, I meant research study participants...
:confused2:

And he meant you never post any that anyone might consider unbiased.

dancingqueen
03-24-2015, 06:48 PM
And he meant you never post any that anyone might consider unbiased.

Or just ones that don't perpetuate your agenda...

dancingqueen
03-24-2015, 06:49 PM
I see the problem as an imaginary belief that women and men are exactly the same. There are issues in the gay agenda that demand such a mistaken belief.

Anyone with half a brain knows that is not true, and that is not at all what I'm saying.
You are putting words in my mouth to make a strawman.

KDawg
03-24-2015, 09:45 PM
Which research studies?

Barry Morris
03-24-2015, 10:01 PM
Anyone with half a brain knows that is not true, and that is not at all what I'm saying.
You are putting words in my mouth to make a strawman.

Fine, take out the word exactly, and we'll continue.

IMO, A man and a woman are two halves of a whole.

Yes they can live alone, yes they can live together as two halves the same, but no, the relationships are lacking.

dancingqueen
03-25-2015, 01:56 AM
Which research studies?

Please see post #5
all rational escapes once presented with information that makes one uncomfortable.

dancingqueen
03-25-2015, 01:58 AM
Fine, take out the word exactly, and we'll continue.

IMO, A man and a woman are two halves of a whole.

Yes they can live alone, yes they can live together as two halves the same, but no, the relationships are lacking.

two halves of a whole what?
how are the relationships lacking?
Please elaborate on the differences, taking into consideration that society itself perpetuates most social differences you see.

Barry Morris
03-25-2015, 08:48 AM
Please see post #5
all rational escapes once presented with information that makes one uncomfortable.

Possibly.

But I really don't see any actual information in post #5.

Barry Morris
03-25-2015, 08:58 AM
two halves of a whole what?
how are the relationships lacking?
Please elaborate on the differences, taking into consideration that society itself perpetuates most social differences you see.

Two halves of mankind.

Ever heard the term "fraternal instinct"??? Nope, and you never will, because it's called maternal instinct. NOT social!!

Men and women are different in many ways. Women are not as visual, don't do as well with spatial relationships, and have a harder time with mathematical concepts. They appreciate security MUCH more, and tend to seek it even in situations where a man would have left long ago.

Men are more aggressive, physically stronger, and much more visual.

When the two halves come together, they form a whole that children can look at , and learn how the other gender thinks, and how to treat them.

dancingqueen
03-25-2015, 11:55 AM
Possibly.

But I really don't see any actual information in post #5.

Of course you don't, because you don't want to...

dancingqueen
03-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Two halves of mankind.

Ever heard the term "fraternal instinct"??? Nope, and you never will, because it's called maternal instinct. NOT social!!

Men and women are different in many ways. Women are not as visual, don't do as well with spatial relationships, and have a harder time with mathematical concepts. They appreciate security MUCH more, and tend to seek it even in situations where a man would have left long ago.

Men are more aggressive, physically stronger, and much more visual.

When the two halves come together, they form a whole that children can look at , and learn how the other gender thinks, and how to treat them.

So a man and a woman are two halves of all of mankind? That's a rather broad brush.
The appreciation of security can very easily be attributed to generations of social conditioning, same can be said about men being more aggressive. As far as the rest of the attributes that distinguish differences between genders, can you tell me how that relates to a more meaningful relationship? Or raising children?
Your "two halves analogy still makes little to no sense, people are all different, and to create an entire persona of a gender based off of one person (mother or father) is insufficient information to base an entire gender.

Official Cat of Soonet
03-25-2015, 12:07 PM
The ideal family is a mom and a dad. That's not to say it's the only way as many people have one parent for many reasons and have great lives. While I think same sex parents are as unnatural as it gets, I would never take away anyone's right to do as they please and I won't let this politically correct world tell me I am wrong.

dancingqueen
03-25-2015, 12:09 PM
The ideal family is a mom and a dad. That's not to say it's the only way as many people have one parent for many reasons and have great lives. While I think same sex parents are as unnatural as it gets, I would never take away anyone's right to do as they please and I won't let this politically correct world tell me I am wrong.

Lots of things we do today is "unnatural" it's called progress....

Official Cat of Soonet
03-25-2015, 12:43 PM

Tell that to the poor donkey.

Chachinga
03-25-2015, 12:47 PM
Tell that to the poor donkey.

What of poor old Eeyore :confused:

Barry Morris
03-25-2015, 01:29 PM

And then we have stories like the OP. Is it progress?? I doubt it.

Barry Morris
03-25-2015, 01:34 PM

I'm not interested in removing or restricting rights.

But gays can call their unions marriage all day long, but it is still not a marriage.

The best family structure has a male and a female. A child raised in an environment where an intimate familiarity of both genders AND the observation of their proper interaction is missing will be at a disadvantage in life, and it's own male/female relationships.

lynys
03-25-2015, 02:43 PM
Wait, what?

A marriage is a marriage.

If one gets MARRIED to another, that means they are MARRIED.

Gay people have just as much right to call their MARRIAGE a MARRIAGE as straight people do.

Barry Morris
03-25-2015, 03:06 PM
Wait, what?

A marriage is a marriage.

If one gets MARRIED to another, that means they are MARRIED.

Gay people have just as much right to call their MARRIAGE a MARRIAGE as straight people do.

And I have as much right to call my pet skunk Rose.

Official Cat of Soonet
03-25-2015, 03:49 PM

Its illegal to have pet skunks in Ontario so naming it Rose is the least of your worries.

lynys
03-25-2015, 04:04 PM

Which has to do with marriage, how?

Barry Morris
03-25-2015, 04:50 PM
Which has to do with marriage, how?

Two men can get together and call it a marriage if they want, but that doesn't make it so.

Bluesky
03-25-2015, 07:25 PM
BY the laws of the land, it is so, Barry. You are arguing on the basis of biblical law, while everyone else is not. Don't you see that using this approach, there will never be an end to the discussion?
I don't agree with it, but it is law, and it is their constitutional right.

On another note,
I couldn't help noticing how DQ argued insistently that gender differences between male and female were socially conditioned. (nurture), not nature. Yet he has argued long and loud that gender identification is not conditioned but rather nature. Now, I could argue either way, but I am curious, did you notice that wee contradiction, Dancing Queen?

lynys
03-25-2015, 09:46 PM
Two men can get together and call it a marriage if they want, but that doesn't make it so.

It does make it so. It's the law.

Time to join us in the 21st century Barry.

dancingqueen
03-26-2015, 01:09 PM
On another note,
I couldn't help noticing how DQ argued insistently that gender differences between male and female were socially conditioned. (nurture), not nature. Yet he has argued long and loud that gender identification is not conditioned but rather nature. Now, I could argue either way, but I am curious, did you notice that wee contradiction, Dancing Queen?

Well lets be clear, I said many differences are socially constructed, I do not recall any time in recent history claiming gender identification to be biologically determined. Now I may have, but my understanding of gender and gender identity is a constantly evolving idea, as I gain more information, ideas do change. To say, however, that things are determined by nature alone, or nurture alone is a false dichotomy.

dancingqueen
03-26-2015, 01:10 PM

Do you believe in separation of church and state?

Bluesky
03-26-2015, 01:48 PM
Well lets be clear, I said many differences are socially constructed, I do not recall any time in recent history claiming gender identification to be biologically determined. Now I may have, but my understanding of gender and gender identity is a constantly evolving idea, as I gain more information, ideas do change. To say, however, that things are determined by nature alone, or nurture alone is a false dichotomy.

That makes more sense. But yes, a few years ago, everyone was saying it was nature, not nurture.

Barry Morris
03-26-2015, 02:00 PM
It does make it so. It's the law.

Time to join us in the 21st century Barry.

You remind me of the law somebody once tried to pass, to make PI be exactly 3.

Laws don't change reality, even if they do give it a different name.

Barry Morris
03-26-2015, 02:02 PM
Do you believe in separation of church and state?

Not the perverse modern version, no.

Barry Morris
03-26-2015, 02:04 PM
BY the laws of the land, it is so, Barry. You are arguing on the basis of biblical law, while everyone else is not. Don't you see that using this approach, there will never be an end to the discussion?
I don't agree with it, but it is law, and it is their constitutional right....

Actually, biblical law was not my point.

Natural law is.

BFLPE
03-26-2015, 02:06 PM
A child raised in an environment where an intimate familiarity of both genders AND the observation of their proper interaction is missing will be at a disadvantage in life, and it's own male/female relationships.If the child is straight. By the same token, a gay child raised by a traditional couple will be at a disadvantage in it's own same sex relationship.

Barry Morris
03-26-2015, 02:08 PM
If the child is straight. By the same token, a gay child raised by a traditional couple will be at a disadvantage in it's own same sex relationship.

Why???

BFLPE
03-26-2015, 02:09 PM
You remind me of the law somebody once tried to pass, to make PI be exactly 3.

Laws don't change reality, even if they do give it a different name.Laws change and realties with them. Marriage is a legal term and the realities of that term have changed. Too bad you can't accept it. You don't have to agree with it or like it but you can't deny it.

BFLPE
03-26-2015, 02:14 PM
Why???Why would a straight child raised by a gay couple be at a disadvantage?

dancingqueen
03-26-2015, 03:03 PM
Not the perverse modern version, no.

Do you care to elaborate?

Barry Morris
03-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Why would a straight child raised by a gay couple be at a disadvantage?

Because he would a poor conception of the true relationship that exists between a man and a woman, and the loving interaction between the two complimentary genders.

Barry Morris
03-26-2015, 05:53 PM
Do you care to elaborate?

The separation of church and state was to ensure that the church could no longer affect the affairs of state, or create or enforce laws.

The modern era is trying to restrict the expression of ANY religion in the public arena, regardless of the general will of the people.

dancingqueen
03-26-2015, 07:17 PM
The separation of church and state was to ensure that the church could no longer affect the affairs of state, or create or enforce laws.

So should one's Marriage have anything to do with legal matters?

The modern era is trying to restrict the expression of ANY religion in the public arena, regardless of the general will of the people.
What you are describing has nothing to do with the separation of church and State, what you are describing sounds like people that just don't like religion....

Official Cat of Soonet
03-26-2015, 07:25 PM

Considering marriage is a legal term, I would say yes.

BFLPE
03-26-2015, 09:13 PM
Because he would a poor conception of the true relationship that exists between a man and a woman, and the loving interaction between the two complimentary genders.I guess you missed the point.

Take a gay man raised in a traditional family. How would he understand the true relationship that exists between two men in a loving and supportive relationship? He just may have a similar disadvantage as a straight kid raised with two mommies or two dads.

Barry Morris
03-26-2015, 09:57 PM

No. So legally call it a union, and leave the word marriage to the religious.

What you are describing has nothing to do with the separation of church and State, what you are describing sounds like people that just don't like religion....

Precisely. Yet the phrase is used all the time, for instance to remove Christmas scenes from public areas.