PDA

View Full Version : S. Korea lawmaker: North Korea leader executes about 15 officials in 2015

Hans
04-29-2015, 10:41 PM
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is continuing to rule with an iron fist, having ordered the execution of about 15 senior officials so far this year, according to an assessment by South Korean intelligence agents, a lawmaker who attended a closed briefing said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/29/world/north-korea-executions/index.html

You have to give it to him, he has things under control.

RWGR
04-30-2015, 05:59 PM
You have to give it to him, he has things under control.

Here's the scary part: I am not convinced in any way that you are being sarcastic here.

Hans
04-30-2015, 06:34 PM
I was not trying to be sarcastic at all. I think he is doing a good job of ensuring there is no political corruption.
These might be the first and only politicians you can actually trust.
As opposed to all the politicians who use strong language prior to elections, only to turn around and not honoring their promises ever.
With these guys you know what you have in front of you.

RWGR
04-30-2015, 07:45 PM
I was not trying to be sarcastic at all.

I didn't think so, seeing you've posted in the past your affection for Saddam's ways.

Official Cat of Soonet
04-30-2015, 07:55 PM
I was not trying to be sarcastic at all. I think he is doing a good job of ensuring there is no political corruption.
These might be the first and only politicians you can actually trust.
As opposed to all the politicians who use strong language prior to elections, only to turn around and not honoring their promises ever.
With these guys you know what you have in front of you.

Well that's creepy

Hans
04-30-2015, 08:56 PM
I didn't think so, seeing you've posted in the past your affection for Saddam's ways.

You have to admit, there was less violence in the middle East than we currently have.

Hans
04-30-2015, 08:57 PM
Well that's creepy

But true.

The Voice
04-30-2015, 09:14 PM
You have to admit, there was less violence in the middle East than we currently have.

No you don't not at all. Sadam Killed MORE of his People than anyone else and you can't PROVE otherwise.

Hans
04-30-2015, 09:24 PM
I am not talking about killing people. I am talking about violence in the Middle East region.

We now have ISIS, and we have Iraq in total shambles.
Then we have Syria in a state of civil war, and Iran getting bold.
And we have air strikes in Yemen.

All of that is the result from factions rising to power, trying to get a piece of the slice.
Saddam would never have let that happen and would have stomped it into the ground long before it ever had a chance of taken off.

The Middle East needs leaders that are violent. It is the only way to keep the factions under control.

BFLPE
04-30-2015, 09:49 PM
Hans makes a good point. I'd like to blame Obama for cutting and running but I don't think it would matter who was in the White House. Unfortunately the US doesn't have the electoral support to finish the job started. Stir up the hornets nest and get out. Sad.

Barry Morris
04-30-2015, 10:55 PM
Hans makes a good point. I'd like to blame Obama for cutting and running but I don't think it would matter who was in the White House. Unfortunately the US doesn't have the electoral support to finish the job started. Stir up the hornets nest and get out. Sad.

We like to think, in the West, that democracy is the "only' way.

It isn't, and the people in that area have no idea what it really is.

BFLPE
05-02-2015, 02:29 PM
It may not be the only way but it is the best way.

Thinking you can impose the change from dictator to democracy in a short time and expect lasting results is scientifically crazy though. :)

Hans
05-02-2015, 04:39 PM
We have to understand and accept in the West that some areas of the world have never been democratically ruled.
Trying to force democracy on them is a defining treat of dictatorship.

BFLPE
05-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Trying to force democracy on them is a defining treat of dictatorship.No comprende seņor.

The Voice
05-02-2015, 06:13 PM
How many years has did Germany have a democracy before it was ultimately forced upon them?

(See: Settlement of WWII.)

Barry Morris
05-02-2015, 06:16 PM
How many years has did Germany have a democracy before it was ultimately forced upon them?

(See: Settlement of WWII.)

I thought Hitler was voted in???

The Voice
05-02-2015, 06:18 PM

Hitler wasn't a Dictator??

Barry Morris
05-02-2015, 06:22 PM
Hitler wasn't a Dictator??

I guess, but he perverted democracy, as far as I know.

RWGR
05-03-2015, 10:24 AM

Just because there is a vote does not mean a system is automatically a democracy.

Hitler created a fascist government based on Nationalism. The state is primary in such an environment, and it is set above all else.

In a democracy individual freedom and rights are primary.

No person in history ever accused Nazi Germany of being a democracy.

Until now, of course.

The Voice
05-03-2015, 08:01 PM

Actually the Question was for Hans not you.

Point was Germany was Ruled By the Prussian Royal family until the end of WWI.

There was a short lived, fractured parliamentary system in the period between the wars. After the war they had a western style Democracy forced on them in the west and a soviet style dictatorship in the East.

How did these 2 systems compare Hans?

We all know the East killed more people and crushed any dissention. Did that make life better in East Germany?

Barry Morris
05-03-2015, 08:02 PM
..Until now, of course.

Until now, what??

RWGR
05-03-2015, 08:30 PM
No person in history ever accused Nazi Germany of being a democracy.

Until now, of course.

Barry Morris
05-03-2015, 08:42 PM
Oh.

Well, that didn't happen, so we're cool.

Hans
05-03-2015, 10:13 PM
Actually the Question was for Hans not you.

Point was Germany was Ruled By the Prussian Royal family until the end of WWI.

There was a short lived, fractured parliamentary system in the period between the wars. After the war they had a western style Democracy forced on them in the west and a soviet style dictatorship in the East.

How did these 2 systems compare Hans?

We all know the East killed more people and crushed any dissention. Did that make life better in East Germany?

Does this answer your question? ISIS slaughters hundreds more Yazidis, officials say
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/03/middleeast/iraq-yazidi-massacre/index.html

RWGR
05-04-2015, 08:13 AM
Oh.

Really??

To pervert something means that something had to, ummm, exist.

You insinuated Hitler perverted democracy, thus Nazi Germany was a democracy

Barry Morris
05-04-2015, 08:39 AM
Really??

To pervert something means that something had to, ummm, exist.

You insinuated Hitler perverted democracy, thus Nazi Germany was a democracy

Let's see now, if you pervert something, that means it is changed. Got that??

Now, BEFORE he perverted it, it wasn't "NAZI". Got that??

So it follows, that Nazi Germany was not a democracy.

Thanks for the opportunity to clear that up.

RWGR
05-04-2015, 09:16 AM
Let's see now, if you pervert something, that means it is changed. Got that??

Now, BEFORE he perverted it, it wasn't "NAZI". Got that??

So it follows, that Nazi Germany was not a democracy.

Thanks for the opportunity to clear that up.

How can you pervert something that doesn't exist?

He didn't pervert democracy, he instituted fascism.

Barry Morris
05-04-2015, 02:07 PM
..He didn't pervert democracy, he instituted fascism.

To replace what??

RWGR
05-04-2015, 02:52 PM
To replace what??

democracy

Barry Morris
05-04-2015, 06:06 PM
democracy

Thank you.

RWGR
05-04-2015, 06:51 PM
Thank you.

But how can someone pervert something that doesn't exist?

How could Hitler "pervert democracy" unless he lived under a democracy in which to pervert?

Barry Morris
05-04-2015, 08:09 PM
But how can someone pervert something that doesn't exist?

How could Hitler "pervert democracy" unless he lived under a democracy in which to pervert?

How ironic.

1918. The Weimar Republic. There was a President.

They had elections. They had a constitution

These are marks of a democracy.

Which Hitler perverted.

Bluesky
05-05-2015, 07:59 AM
Yeah. It was a democracy. But Hitler was devious and deceptive and used every opportunity to acquire more power along the way. For instance, after the Reichstag Fire (the cause of which is disputable - some say Hitler's party set the fire) they passed an act similar to a War Measures Act, which gave Hitler the power to manipulate the next elections.
The Act gave Hitler's cabinet full legislative powers for four years and (with certain exceptions) allowed deviations from the constitution.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler#Beer_Hall_Putsch

From that point on, he used his power to ban competing parties and to intimidate people. Soon, it was a one party system, and no dissent was allowed. he had become a dictator.

Barry Morris
05-05-2015, 09:10 AM
Yeah. It was a democracy. But Hitler was devious and deceptive and used every opportunity to acquire more power along the way. For instance, after the Reichstag Fire (the cause of which is disputable - some say Hitler's party set the fire) they passed an act similar to a War Measures Act, which gave Hitler the power to manipulate the next elections.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler#Beer_Hall_Putsch

From that point on, he used his power to ban competing parties and to intimidate people. Soon, it was a one party system, and no dissent was allowed. he had become a dictator.

That's what I thought.

RWGR
05-05-2015, 04:53 PM
How ironic.

1918. The Weimar Republic. There was a President.

They had elections. They had a constitution

These are marks of a democracy.

Which Hitler perverted.

So best I can tell it all depends on what time of day it is as to if you believe Nazi Germany was a democracy.

Now you're saying it was. Earlier when I accused you of saying it was indeed a democracy this was your response:

Oh.

I think I'll step away from this one for a bit. My head hurts!

Barry Morris
05-05-2015, 06:24 PM
So best I can tell it all depends on what time of day it is as to if you believe Nazi Germany was a democracy.

Now you're saying it was. Earlier when I accused you of saying it was indeed a democracy this was your response:

I think I'll step away from this one for a bit. My head hurts!

I'm not surprised, since you also didn't get what i was talking about in that post, you have ignored Blue's post altogether, and apparently lost whatever knowledge you ever had about Germany during the 1920's.

So we'll just leave it for now.

RWGR
05-05-2015, 06:43 PM
I'm not surprised, since you also didn't get what i was talking about in that post, you have ignored Blue's post altogether, and apparently lost whatever knowledge you ever had about Germany during the 1920's.

So we'll just leave it for now.

I teach about Nazi Germany every year, I am quite content with my knowledge of it.

The issue here is whether you consider Nazi Germany democratic or not. Two hours ago you did, so I'm assuming right now you're on the fence...and by eight PM it will be "hell no they were not!!"

:) :) :)

Barry Morris
05-05-2015, 07:08 PM
I teach about Nazi Germany every year, I am quite content with my knowledge of it.

The issue here is whether you consider Nazi Germany democratic or not. Two hours ago you did, so I'm assuming right now you're on the fence...and by eight PM it will be "hell no they were not!!"

When you reduce yourself to telling me what I never said, ignoring what I do say, and blowing off historical fact, then it's time to allow you to "win" again, and just leave you alone.

Tata for now!!! :) :) :)

The Voice
05-05-2015, 08:50 PM

Here's where you go wrong Barry.

Hitler was never elected by popular vote.

He was a compromise candidate for the chancellery.

His party held somewhere around 30% of the seats.

At the time it was thought that Von Hindenburg the President would keep the little corporal in line.

When he died Hitler and the Nazi's used terror and deft political maneuvering to usurp power.

Ergo Hitler did not pervert democracy but did pervert the process.

Barry Morris
05-05-2015, 11:09 PM
Here's where you go wrong Barry.

Hitler was never elected by popular vote.

By this reasoning, neither was Harper.

His party held somewhere around 30% of the seats. Quite right. "The Nazi Party was the largest party in the national elections of 1932. On 31 July 1932 it received 37.3% of the votes, and in the election on 6 November 1932 it received less, but still the largest share, 33.1%, making it the biggest party in the Reichstag." This was a democratic election. Hitler was the leader of the party.

Ergo Hitler did not pervert democracy but did pervert the process.

His party came to power as part of a democratic process. Therefore he perverted it.

RWGR
05-06-2015, 08:18 AM
When you reduce yourself to telling me what I never said, ignoring what I do say, and blowing off historical fact

How does it feel to look in the mirror?? :) :) :)

RWGR
05-06-2015, 08:21 AM
Hitler was appointed Chancellor.

Hitler instituted a dictatorship by claiming massive powers and placing his Nazi lackeys in key postilions. Thus the beginning of Nazi Germany,which in itself was never a democracy, though Germany was on the eve of Hitler's power grab.

Was Germany a democracy? Yes

Was Nazi Germany a democracy? No

Barry Morris
05-06-2015, 08:32 AM
Hitler was appointed Chancellor.

Hitler instituted a dictatorship by claiming massive powers and placing his Nazi lackeys in key postilions. Thus the beginning of Nazi Germany,which in itself was never a democracy, though Germany was on the eve of Hitler's power grab.

Was Nazi Germany a democracy? No

Thank you for finally understanding.

RWGR
05-06-2015, 08:39 AM
Thank you for finally understanding.

So now you are saying it was not a democracy?

Okay, I will be expecting the post saying they were a democracy by, shall we say, noon?

Barry Morris
05-06-2015, 09:33 AM

I never said Nazi Germany was a democracy. Too bad.

Wondering. Did Hitler have a seat in the Reichstag?? How did he get it??

RWGR
05-06-2015, 09:46 AM
I never said Nazi Germany was a democracy. Too bad.

Wondering. Did Hitler have a seat in the Reichstag?? How did he get it??

Hitler was elected. But Nazi Germany did not yet exist.

Hitler is APPOINTED Chancellor...Hitler brings in Nazis...Hitler creates a fascist dictatorship...now Nazi Germany exists.

Hitler did not pervert democracy because he threw out democracy and used another form of government

I provide you with a free education: you win

Barry Morris
05-06-2015, 12:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqvUkmnDVkM

RWGR
05-06-2015, 01:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqvUkmnDVkM

That flag you're holding...the white one...it's accepted :) :) :)

Barry Morris
05-06-2015, 05:12 PM
That flag you're holding...the white one...it's accepted

I'll bet you use a manly deodorant, too!! :) :) :)

Hans
05-06-2015, 07:38 PM
I think there is to much perversion going on for my brain...

RWGR
05-07-2015, 08:42 AM
I'll bet you use a manly deodorant, too!!

"manly deodorant" ...awwwww, that's so 1960s! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
05-07-2015, 10:10 AM
"manly deodorant" ...awwwww, that's so 1960s!

And on the final exam, I'm sure!! :) :) :)

RWGR
05-07-2015, 12:05 PM
And on the final exam, I'm sure!!

Nope, we don't test them on what old guys found manly fifty years ago :) :) :)

Barry Morris
05-07-2015, 02:42 PM
Nope, we don't test them on what old guys found manly fifty years ago :) :) :)

Of course not, nor obviously much history previous to that either!!!

RWGR
05-07-2015, 04:00 PM
Of course not, nor obviously not much history previous to that either!!!

Let's see...the first negative used here negates the second negative used, yet the third negative would negate the original negation...

translation, please

Barry Morris
05-07-2015, 07:59 PM
Let's see...the first negative used here negates the second negative used, yet the third negative would negate the original negation...

translation, please

It's English.

It WAS OK, but there were two ways to make it more understandable to the non-english.

So, maybe my change will help your problem.

RWGR
05-08-2015, 08:17 AM
It's English.

It WAS OK, but there were two ways to make it more understandable to the non-english.

So, maybe my change will help your problem.

Were three negatives in one sentence considered "manly" in the 60s? :) :) :)

The Voice
05-08-2015, 08:24 AM
Of course not, nor obviously much history previous to that either!!!

Say's the guy who never heard of the Glorious Revolution and has no idea how it affects our parliamentary system today.

RWGR
05-08-2015, 08:35 AM
Say's the guy who never heard of the Glorious Revolution and has no idea how it affects our parliamentary system today.

Not knowing about the Glorious Revolution and the connection to the parliamentary system is like not knowing the connection between sexual intercourse and babies

It's kine of important to know

The Voice
05-08-2015, 08:36 AM
By this reasoning, neither was Harper.

Quite right. "The Nazi Party was the largest party in the national elections of 1932. On 31 July 1932 it received 37.3% of the votes, and in the election on 6 November 1932 it received less, but still the largest share, 33.1%, making it the biggest party in the Reichstag." This was a democratic election. Hitler was the leader of the party.

His party came to power as part of a democratic process. Therefore he perverted it.

Please explain to us laymen how the position of chancellor and prime minister are related?

Barry Morris
05-08-2015, 09:20 AM
Not knowing about the Glorious Revolution and the connection to the parliamentary system is like not knowing the connection between sexual intercourse and babies

It's kine of important to know

I suggest that you prove that the term "Glorious Revolution" dates back more than a few years.

Just because some buzz word doesn't get invented till years later, it doesn't mean one never heard of the events.

But hey, I know, anything for a "win".

Barry Morris
05-08-2015, 09:23 AM
Please explain to us laymen how the position of chancellor and prime minister are related?

No point to that. Whatever the position, Hitler, having been voted in to power by a democratic process, took the position of chancellor and used and perverted its intent to seize power.

Barry Morris
05-08-2015, 09:24 AM
Were three negatives in one sentence considered "manly" in the 60s? :) :) :)

Men understood it, as they do today.

RWGR
05-08-2015, 11:31 AM
I suggest that you prove that the term "Glorious Revolution" dates back more than a few years.

Just because some buzz word doesn't get invented till years later, it doesn't mean one never heard of the events.

But hey, I know, anything for a "win".

I don't care if they called it "The Cheez Wiz Revolution", that's not the point. The point is you didn't know about it

Barry Morris
05-08-2015, 12:55 PM
I don't care if they called it "The Cheez Wiz Revolution", that's not the point. The point is you didn't know about it

Oh really??

I can see American schools not bothering with anything past their borders, but Canadian schools covered it quite well.

It was just never called by that name.

RWGR
05-08-2015, 02:55 PM
Oh really??

I can see American schools not bothering with anything past their borders, but Canadian schools covered it quite well.

A feeble attempt to gin up the America v Canada thing, how sad.

Barry, even your fellow countrymen aren't biting.

But, glad to see you showing your trey colors yet again

The Voice
05-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Oh really??

That is beyond hilarious.

The Glorious Revolution was EXACTLY what it has been called pretty much since it happened.

It has ALWAYS been called by that name.

I am willing to bet you can't even explain what the Glorious Revolution was or who were involved without googles help.

This on rates right up there with splitting hares. lol

The Voice
05-08-2015, 04:25 PM

Parliament and The Crown Coined the term as part of their propaganda campaign to gain acceptance from the English people.

William brought printing presses with him when he invaded England.

The Voice
05-08-2015, 05:11 PM

Really I suggest you PROVE that the term was used no LESS than a few weeks after the Invasion?

The Voice
05-08-2015, 05:15 PM

The best part is that at the time William was also the Regent of the USA, as it were.

There is even an American University named after him.

I am sure he can't even put that in context.

Barry Morris
05-08-2015, 05:17 PM
The best part is that at the time, William was also the Regent of the USA, as it were.

I am sure he can't even put that in context.

Or care!!!

Barry Morris
05-08-2015, 05:18 PM
... splitting hares....

You poor guy, you have no idea why this is so funny!!!

The Voice
05-08-2015, 05:44 PM
Or care!!!

Yet claims to be an expert on Canadian American relations?

Barry Morris
05-08-2015, 09:29 PM
Yet claims to be an expert on Canadian American relations?

I did?? Where was that??

No, never mind.

Barry Morris
05-08-2015, 09:29 PM
Parliament and The Crown Coined the term as part of their propaganda campaign to gain acceptance from the English people.

William brought printing presses with him when he invaded England.

Source?? Link??

RWGR
05-09-2015, 08:20 AM
Just sad to watch this unfold.

No wonder his 'friends' left him in droves.

Barry Morris
05-09-2015, 09:38 AM
Just sad to watch this unfold.

No wonder his 'friends' left him in droves.

:) :) :)