PDA

View Full Version : Children reported massacred

Hans
05-25-2015, 08:08 PM
Just when it seems the horror can grow no deeper, ISIS shows that man's capacity for cruelty knows no bounds.

The terrorist group, famous for posting online videos of beheadings of innocent victims, now takes depravity to new depths: Children have been executed.

More than 90 people -- including at least 11 children -- have been executed by ISIS fighters in the central Syrian city of Palmyra in the last seven days, the head of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights told CNN on Sunday.

ISIS has taken control of the city, and it is feared that the group may now destroy Palmyra's ancient treasures.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/25/middleeast/isis-things-to-know/index.html

Say what you want, this is worse than Saddam or Assad.
Those who still believe that the US "freed" Iraq need to open up their eyes.
Best bet these days is Iran cleaning up the area. Does not seem anyone else is interested in stopping Isis.

Barry Morris
05-25-2015, 08:16 PM
I'll bet they're smart enough not to threaten oil supplies.

Nihilistic Heathen
05-25-2015, 10:14 PM
I'll bet they're smart enough not to threaten oil supplies.

Actually they aren't smart enough to keep them up and running. Everywhere Isis goes they basically plunder, they lack the know how to maintain and manage infrastructure.

BFLPE
05-25-2015, 10:24 PM
I don't know why people get so worked up over ISIS. They're just a JV team.

Barry Morris
05-25-2015, 11:03 PM
That's actually where the vast majority of ISIS' finances are coming from. They've taken over 2/3rds of Syria's oil fields.

I wonder who is buying??

Barry Morris
05-25-2015, 11:04 PM
Actually they aren't smart enough to keep them up and running. Everywhere Isis goes they basically plunder, they lack the know how to maintain and manage infrastructure.

If that is true, then Blunt is mistaken.

The Voice
05-25-2015, 11:11 PM
I don't know why people get so worked up over ISIS. They're just a JV team.

You wanna see just how JV, just give them a clear path to Israel.

Ask Nasser how it worked out for him when he said he would wipe Israel off the map.

BFLPE
05-25-2015, 11:14 PM
You worry too much. Obama has a strategy and says it's working. Surely some air strikes and the odd Special Forces mission is more than enough to deal with the JV.

The Voice
05-25-2015, 11:25 PM
I would be willing to bet that real push from the Western Coalition will come from Kurdish Territory. I don't think they trust the Iraqi's.

Barry Morris
05-26-2015, 12:28 AM
I would be willing to bet that real push from the Western Coalition will come from Kurdish Territory. I don't think they trust the Iraqi's.

Weren't the Kurds left behind by the Western Coalition???

The Voice
05-26-2015, 09:00 AM
Weren't the Kurds left behind by the Western Coalition??

Okay I'll bite what does 2 ?'s indicate?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/kurdish-leader-barzani-says-iraqs-sectarian-army-blame-isis-losses-n364191

Think you could expound on that thought because I am not sure what you are getting at?

Barry Morris
05-26-2015, 10:23 AM
Okay I'll bite what does 2 ?'s indicate?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/kurdish-leader-barzani-says-iraqs-sectarian-army-blame-isis-losses-n364191

Think you could expound on that thought because I am not sure what you are getting at?

I thought the Kurds were basically abandoned after the first Gulf war and subsequently harrassed by the government left in place. If they are fighting ISIS now, that's good.

BFLPE
05-26-2015, 10:48 AM
If they are fighting ISIS now...Is Soonet your primary news source?

RWGR
05-26-2015, 11:32 AM
I believe the Kurds were abandoned after the Gulf War in 1991. The same mistake was not repeated after the Iraq War of 2003, if for no other reason than the fact their number one oppressor, Saddam, was out of power.