PDA

View Full Version : Christian Love

Nihilistic Heathen
06-03-2015, 05:44 PM
I didn't know it was this bad....

Pastors On The Prowl A Wake-Up Call To Christian Families (http://www.awkwardmomentsbible.com/pedophile-pastors-2015/)

What is that christian saying, oh yeah love the sinner hate the sin.

Barry Morris
06-03-2015, 06:53 PM
I didn't know it was this bad....

Pastors On The Prowl A Wake-Up Call To Christian Families (http://www.awkwardmomentsbible.com/pedophile-pastors-2015/)

What is that christian saying, oh yeah love the sinner hate the sin.

Here you go.

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."

God is not blind.

KDawg
06-03-2015, 07:35 PM
The title of this thread is a misnomer.

The title should be "Evil Rotten Criminal Posers."

Barry Morris
06-03-2015, 07:39 PM
The title of this thread is a misnomer.

The title should be "Evil Rotten Criminal Posers."

Or, " Sinners just like me".

Nihilistic Heathen
06-03-2015, 08:22 PM
Here you go.

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."

God is not blind.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Believer%27s%20Corner/Doctrines/little_ones.htm

No but some of his followers are.

Barry Morris
06-03-2015, 11:23 PM
Like the pastors, you also rape children?

Not to minimize their actions (and I suggest you consider the verse I quoted), before a holy and perfect God ANY sin is worthy of eternal condemnation.

Barry Morris
06-03-2015, 11:25 PM
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Believer%27s%20Corner/Doctrines/little_ones.htm

No but some of his followers are.

"Anyone who lifts a finger against a child of God is messing with God."

That's right.

Nihilistic Heathen
06-04-2015, 09:09 AM
"Anyone who lifts a finger against a child of God is messing with God."

That's right.

I'm quite positive your first post was in reference to the children being molested not jesus' followers, whom the verse was really referring to.

Do you not see the problem with the line of argument you are taking?

A child of god? Isn't a pastor a child of god, and can repent for their sins? It's well established what is required to enter heaven as a christian. One has to ask themselves, how strong is the faith of a preteen human being sodomized/raped by a pastor or a priest. If they lost their faith they aren't protected by god yet the pedophile pastors and priests are if they are true believers. All they need to do is repent and the real child that was victimized is again victimized according to christianity by losing their faith thus being condemned.

Barry Morris
06-04-2015, 11:58 AM
I'm quite positive your first post was in reference to the children being molested not jesus' followers, whom the verse was really referring to.

Do you not see the problem with the line of argument you are taking?

A child of god? Isn't a pastor a child of god, and can repent for their sins? It's well established what is required to enter heaven as a christian. One has to ask themselves, how strong is the faith of a preteen human being sodomized/raped by a pastor or a priest. If they lost their faith they aren't protected by god yet the pedophile pastors and priests are if they are true believers. All they need to do is repent and the real child that was victimized is again victimized according to christianity by losing their faith thus being condemned.

I understand that this is a problem to anyone who does not trust an all-knowing God to deal with the sin, and the hearts, of sinful men.

Some of these things are hard to understand, but I trust the infinite, all wise and forgiving Father to sort them out.

Nihilistic Heathen
06-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Yes, remain blind to the issue under the guise that god will sort it out. I hate to say it Barry, but that is the problem, your faith that god will sort it out and you ignore the real issue. The influence the church has on it's community, and how it handles issues like this. You are a part of the problem, attempting to minimize the seriousness by referring erroneously to scripture. Then claiming we are all sinners and god will sort it out.

Let me put this way Barry, imagine yourself as a child being sodomized by your pastor in a church and you pray to god for it stop and it doesn't? How do you think that is going influence your opinion of god and your faith? What if you lose your faith, where do you end up as a non-believer? Or in your twisted little world does getting molested by a pastor or a priest grant you automatic entrance to heaven?

Barry Morris
06-04-2015, 08:39 PM
Yes, remain blind to the issue under the guise that god will sort it out. I hate to say it Barry, but that is the problem, your faith that god will sort it out and you ignore the real issue. The influence the church has on it's community, and how it handles issues like this. You are a part of the problem, attempting to minimize the seriousness by referring erroneously to scripture. Then claiming we are all sinners and god will sort it out.

Let me put this way Barry, imagine yourself as a child being sodomized by your pastor in a church and you pray to god for it stop and it doesn't? How do you think that is going influence your opinion of god and your faith? What if you lose your faith, where do you end up as a non-believer? Or in your twisted little world does getting molested by a pastor or a priest grant you automatic entrance to heaven?

Pretty much anything I say will be twisted by an antagonistic non-believer such as yourself.

Keeping that in mind, I will tell you that I have been on church boards dealing with a child molesting case, and it is certainly not dealt with frivolously or casually.

Furthermore, when inviting a new pastor, he is checked in in many ways, including police checks, interviews with his references, and often anonymous travel by church members to his existing post.

A church that does not do careful checks like this may indeed have problems. As do those whose pastors are assigned to them by a hierarchy.

I believe what you have done is move the goal posts, from a case outside any purview I would ever have, to my local church. There IS a difference.

RWGR
06-06-2015, 11:25 AM
God is not blind.

Something tells me you don't take that to heart.

RWGR
06-06-2015, 11:26 AM
Pretty much anything I say will be twisted by an antagonistic non-believer such as yourself.

Quit making it so easy for them.

Some people are absolutely awful representatives for Christianity.

Some do a big favor if they just stay silent.

Barry Morris
06-06-2015, 03:01 PM
Something tells me you don't take that to heart.

Do you??

Barry Morris
06-06-2015, 03:02 PM
Quit making it so easy for them.

Some people are absolutely awful representatives for Christianity.

Some do a big favor if they just stay silent.

I certainly understand your silence.

RWGR
06-07-2015, 11:38 AM
Do you??

I don't go around here looking for constant admiration from people because I'm such a devout and good Christian. People who do that usually have an agenda, even if it's just for personal gratification.

RWGR
06-07-2015, 11:40 AM
I certainly understand your silence.

Not much of a defense.

Kudos for not trying to defend the indefensible.

Barry Morris
06-07-2015, 02:27 PM
I don't go around here looking for constant admiration from people because I'm such a devout and good Christian. People who do that usually have an agenda, even if it's just for personal gratification.

As in "I win!"??? :) :) :)

So why do you??

Barry Morris
06-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Not much of a defense.

Kudos for not trying to defend the indefensible.

Defense?? Nope. I just don't care what you think.

RWGR
06-07-2015, 05:04 PM
As in "I win!"??? :) :) :)

So why do you??

"I win" has nothing to do with Christianity. It has everything to do with the fact it drives you bonkers.

Again, glad you're not trying to defend the indefensible.

Barry Morris
06-07-2015, 06:56 PM
"I win" has nothing to do with Christianity. It has everything to do with the fact it drives you bonkers. In other words, troll behaviour. You've been saying it for a very long time. Why would a real self confident, competent person need to keep saying it?? Oh, yes, he wouldn't.

Again, glad you're not trying to defend the indefensible.

Nope, not worth the time.

Bluesky
06-08-2015, 10:23 AM
Mm, Barry, the need to answer every troll post might be evidence of the thing you are pinning him with. Why do you have to always have the last word? I agree that RW is over the top with trolling.. but it's purposely an effort you get you riled. And you rise to the bait everytime.

Barry Morris
06-08-2015, 10:50 AM
Mm, Barry, the need to answer every troll post might be evidence of the thing you are pinning him with. Why do you have to always have the last word? I agree that RW is over the top with trolling.. but it's purposely an effort you get you riled. And you rise to the bait everytime.

Ya think?? Are you thinking I'm angry too?? Think again!! :) :) :) I'm pretty sure you'll find more "last words" and "I win" from our troll buddy than me. And that's because I don't need the ego boost!!!

RWGR
06-08-2015, 11:21 AM
Exhibit number 84 :) :) :)

Barry Morris
06-08-2015, 04:51 PM
Exhibit number 84

Thank you for posting it!!! :) :) :)

Bluesky
06-09-2015, 09:28 AM
I didn't even imply you were angry, Morris. But this is what has been killing the desire for discussion. You are always coming on here, trying to be the final word on everything. And yes, frankly, it is ego need driven.

Barry Morris
06-09-2015, 11:57 AM
I didn't even imply you were angry, Morris. But this is what has been killing the desire for discussion. You are always coming on here, trying to be the final word on everything. And yes, frankly, it is ego need driven.

Sure.

Just check below, and the rest of the forum for the reality.

RWGR
06-10-2015, 08:35 AM
Quite the refutation of what Blue said.

A tsunami of rebuttals and counter-facts.

Well done.

Barry Morris
06-10-2015, 03:11 PM
Quite the refutation of what Blue said.

A tsunami of rebuttals and counter-facts.

Well done.

Thanks.

RWGR
06-10-2015, 03:16 PM
'salright