PDA

View Full Version : "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage."

RWGR
06-30-2015, 07:30 PM
-Barack Obama, 2008

"I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God's in the mix."

He later added: "I am not somebody who promotes same-sex marriage, but I do believe in civil unions."

RWGR
06-30-2015, 07:50 PM
So God is "in the mix" for Obama when it is politically expedient to do so, but once that expediency has run its course, buh-bye God.

KDawg
06-30-2015, 08:19 PM
So God is "in the mix" for Obama when it is politically expedient to do so, but once that expediency has run its course, buh-bye God.
Are you saying Obama is a liar and a fake? Say it ain't so!

Barry Morris
06-30-2015, 09:02 PM
Are you saying Obama is a liar and a fake? Say it ain't so!

Did Bush stop abortion??

Can any President??

Not a chance.

BFLPE
06-30-2015, 09:50 PM
Obama's nearing the end of his 2nd term and you just realized he's a politician?

RWGR
07-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Did Bush stop abortion??

Can any President??

Not a chance.

Nice defense of Obama.

Barry, I've explained this a thousand times...a president can't "stop" abortion, it's a Constitutional right...it can only be stopped by an amendment, which takes a super-majority of STATES to overturn.

Seriously, why you spout off about stuff you know so little about is truly a mystery. It makes valid discussion impossible because you lack basic knowledge of the issue.

RWGR
07-01-2015, 10:34 AM
Obama's nearing the end of his 2nd term and you just realized he's a politician?

I always knew he was, but his lackeys are still recovering from the fact.

Remember, he's the 'Hope 'n change' guy, the one who was different than those before him.

Barry Morris
07-01-2015, 11:11 AM
For the best.

50 million murders.

Barry Morris
07-03-2015, 06:35 PM
Nope.

My apologies, you are quite correct.

http://www.numberofabortions.com/ shows 58 million plus since Roe v Wade, the usual starting point. And of course, those are just the USA figures.

I suppose SOME may have happened for reasons other than convenience, oh, a dozen or so.

58 million never to exist again, unique human beings. At least half of which were females who will never have a "choice".

Barry Morris
07-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Glad we agree. Abortion isn't murder. Miscarriages aren't manslaughter.

Oh, really, seems you aren't reading quite far enough.

Miscarriages have nothing to do with 58 million abortions.

If a person willfully destroys a unique creation, a human being, it's murder, pure and simple.

If 58 million lives snuffed cause somebody is inconvenienced, doesn't indicate the soon coming end of our civilization, I don't know what does!!!

Barry Morris
07-04-2015, 12:37 PM
Here it comes!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/polygamous-montana-trio-applies-for-wedding-license/

"We're not even asking for acceptance, we're just asking for tolerance. Let us live our lives together without fear," said Nathan Collier.

Barry Morris
07-04-2015, 03:04 PM
If i destroy a stained glass window, it's murder? No I think what you mean is if someone kills another person, it's murder. If someone accidentally kills another person, it's manslaughter. Thankfully, a fetus isn't a person, and women having miscarriages aren't guilty of manslaughter.

A stain glass window can be re-created exactly.

A fetus is totally unique, having a DNA pattern, that CANNOT be re-created.

Accidental death is manslaughter. Miscarriage is an accident.

Abortion is murder.

Of course, if you don't believe a fetus is a person, then birthing a baby breech, up to it's neck, then using a vacuum probe to suck out its brain is no issue.

BFLPE
07-04-2015, 08:20 PM
I always knew he was, but his lackeys are still recovering from the fact.

Remember, he's the 'Hope 'n change' guy, the one who was different than those before him.If the red line in Syria and "If you like your Doctor you can keep your Doctor PERIOD" didn't wake them up nothing will.

KDawg
07-04-2015, 08:28 PM
If the red line in Syria and "If you like your Doctor you can keep your Doctor PERIOD" didn't wake them up nothing will.
Or even worse...

A new book (http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/review-double-down-on-the-2012-election-by-mark-halperin-and-john-heilemann/2013/11/01/8bf4f050-3fdd-11e3-a751-f032898f2dbc_story.html) on the 2012 presidential campaign claims that President Barack Obama told aides that he is "really good at killing people." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/03/obama-drones-double-down_n_4208815.html

BFLPE
07-04-2015, 08:33 PM
What did he receive a Nobel Prize for again?

KDawg
07-04-2015, 08:35 PM
Peace I think. Yeah, peace.

BFLPE
07-04-2015, 08:42 PM
http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/thumbnail/400/img/photos/2014/02/07/d6/d9/New_Picture_5.jpg

Barry Morris
07-04-2015, 08:43 PM
"President Barack Obama told aides that he is "really good at killing people."

Is that like 4000 plus dead AFTER "Mission Accomplished"??? :) :) :)

Barry Morris
07-04-2015, 08:44 PM
http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/thumbnail/400/img/photos/2014/02/07/d6/d9/New_Picture_5.jpg

I do think that was a stupid prize to Obama, especially since the winner was determined so far in advance.

KDawg
07-04-2015, 08:56 PM

Is that like 4000 plus dead AFTER "Mission Accomplished"??? :) :) :)
No. It's like he's a sociopath.

BFLPE
07-04-2015, 09:04 PM

Is that like 4000 plus dead AFTER "Mission Accomplished"??? :) :) :)Mission Accomplished? Is that when Obama pulled out of Iraq?

Barry Morris
07-05-2015, 12:03 AM
"Accidental death is manslaughter. Miscarriage is an accident."

Sorry, I said that wrong.

I think accidental death is manslaughter when the actions leading up to that death, though not intended to cause it, do indeed have that conclusion.

I have always thought that an atheist should be so much more caring about life, since he believes that each of us only gets one shot at it.

BFLPE
07-05-2015, 02:12 PM
Did Bush stop abortion?It's amazing that Obama lovers still look to change the subject to Bush when they can't defend their Hero.

Nonetheless, to make a valid comparison I would think you would need to show something Bush opposed that became legal during his tenure.

Abortion was legal long before Bush took office.

Though he was unable to put an end to it he did sign "The Unborn Victims of Violence Act" which is a step in the right direction.

You and I may consider abortion to be murder but it is legal and that isn't going to change any time soon.

Barry Morris
07-05-2015, 05:05 PM
It's amazing that Obama lovers still look to change the subject to Bush when they can't defend their Hero.

Nonetheless, to make a valid comparison I would think you would need to show something Bush opposed that became legal during his tenure.

Abortion was legal long before Bush took office.

Though he was unable to put an end to it he did sign "The Unborn Victims of Violence Act" which is a step in the right direction.

You and I may consider abortion to be murder but it is legal and that isn't going to change any time soon.

Your last line is exactly my point.

Don't blame Obama for things that NO ONE could change!!!

RWGR
07-06-2015, 01:16 PM
Don't blame Obama for things that NO ONE could change!!!

Yet one of your favorite criticisms of Dubya is he did not stop abortion.

How convenient.

RWGR
07-06-2015, 01:18 PM

Is that like 4000 plus dead AFTER "Mission Accomplished"???

Getting harder and harder for you Obamaniacs to support the guy :) :) :)

Westender 3
07-06-2015, 06:32 PM
Getting harder and harder for you Obamaniacs to support the guy :) :) :)

Not when you look at the occupants of the GOP clown car. LMAO.

RWGR
07-06-2015, 07:55 PM
Not when you look at the occupants of the GOP clown car. LMAO.

My point made, thanks!! :) :) :)

dancingqueen
07-09-2015, 04:49 PM
-Barack Obama, 2008

"I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God's in the mix."

He later added: "I am not somebody who promotes same-sex marriage, but I do believe in civil unions."

Weird... a political leader supporting the people like setting aside their own beliefs and doing their job.... I don't understand this world anymore....

The Voice
07-09-2015, 11:40 PM
Weird... a political leader supporting the people like setting aside their own beliefs and doing their job.... I don't understand this world anymore....

By doing there job of course you mean catering to less than 2% of the population. I too don't understand this world anymore. People are no longer free to have their own opinions they must be reprogramed if they do not conform.

Welcome to 1984 George.

Bluesky
07-10-2015, 02:06 PM
I like listening to this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XULEzTUua8U

Barry Morris
07-11-2015, 12:28 AM
"You cannot talk about evil without assuming a moral framework.
You cannot cry for justice unless you know the justifiable source for all law.
You cannot say the answer is love unless you ask the question of life's intrinsic worth.
You cannot speak of forgiveness unless you ask the question of alienation."

Ravi Zacharias

RWGR
07-13-2015, 03:01 PM

Alienating 98.5% of the population to placate 1.5% of the population.

You're right, weird.

Westender 3
07-13-2015, 07:52 PM

You're right, weird.

How so?

Record-High 60% of Americans Support Same-Sex Marriage

http://www.gallup.com/poll/183272/record-high-americans-support-sex-marriage.aspx?utm_source=gay%20marriage&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=tiles

The only people alienated are the bigots like yourself.

Barry Morris
07-14-2015, 01:25 PM
Some probably believe that, some probably don't. Different strokes for different folks.

Can't really paint everyone with a single brush.

Here you go!! What a business opportunity!!!

https://www.lifesitenews.com/static/undercover-video-planned-parenthood-uses-illegal-partial-birth-abortions-to2.html

Barry Morris
07-14-2015, 01:28 PM
How so?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/183272/record-high-americans-support-sex-marriage.aspx?utm_source=gay%20marriage&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=tiles

Not judging, are you??

I actually wouldn't deny gays the right.

But you can call it a marriage all day long, and it never really will be.

I'm sure that you could get 60 percent approval, for something that affects 2 percent of the population, on just about anything, because most people simply don't give a damn.

RWGR
07-14-2015, 02:26 PM
How so?

I'll assume from your anger-fueled post I am winning this argument.

dancingqueen
07-16-2015, 03:10 PM

You're right, weird.

Where are you getting these numbers from?

RWGR
07-16-2015, 04:20 PM
Where are you getting these numbers from?

To the best of my knowledge it's an amalgamation of Mesopotamian and Arabic systems in which...

...oh, hold on ...

Health Survey: About 2 Percent Of Americans Are Gay Or Lesbian

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/15/health-survey-americans-gay_n_5587696.html

dancingqueen
07-16-2015, 05:48 PM
To the best of my knowledge it's an amalgamation of Mesopotamian and Arabic systems in which...

...oh, hold on ...

Health Survey: About 2 Percent Of Americans Are Gay Or Lesbian

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/15/health-survey-americans-gay_n_5587696.html

And how does that support your claim that legalizing gay marriage alienates anyone?
That would only hold true if every straight person did not support the idea, the two are not the same thing.

Barry Morris
07-16-2015, 07:15 PM
And how does that support your claim that legalizing gay marriage alienates anyone?
That would only hold true if every straight person did not support the idea, the two are not the same thing.

Imagine a scenario where a religious group, comprising 2 percent of the population, wanted to change a law affecting a deeply held belief of many of the rest of the people. Even considering a 60 percent acceptance, (more like, a "live and let live attitude, IMO), I really doubt it would happen.

And of course, if the 2 percent group screamed "bigotry", "phobia" and bias, I wonder if it would help?

Just a thought.

dancingqueen
07-16-2015, 07:30 PM
Imagine a scenario where a religious group, comprising 2 percent of the population, wanted to change a law affecting a deeply held belief of many of the rest of the people. Even considering a 60 percent acceptance, (more like, a "live and let live attitude, IMO), I really doubt it would happen.

And of course, if the 2 percent group screamed "bigotry", "phobia" and bias, I wonder if it would help?

Just a thought.

Yes, imagine that.
You done yet?
no? okay, I'll wait here....

K, you done now?
Welcome back to the real world, cause we don't live in the world you just described.

Barry Morris
07-16-2015, 11:09 PM
Yes, imagine that.
You done yet?
no? okay, I'll wait here....

K, you done now?
Welcome back to the real world, cause we don't live in the world you just described.

I know other gays who won't engage in any meaningful discussion.

dancingqueen
07-16-2015, 11:25 PM
I know other gays who won't engage in any meaningful discussion.

Just because my response was patronizing does not take the meaning from it.

RWGR
07-17-2015, 09:45 AM

Hoe does it not alienate a culture?

Marriage was always between a man and a woman. No one had a problem with that until a very small percentage of the population wanted to change that meaning, a group that pretty much got all it wanted through "civil unions".

dancingqueen
07-17-2015, 02:21 PM
Hoe does it not alienate a culture?

Marriage was always between a man and a woman. No one had a problem with that until a very small percentage of the population wanted to change that meaning, a group that pretty much got all it wanted through "civil unions".

Straight people can still get married, thus it is not alienating anyone, However, you made the claim that it is alienating the vast majority, so can you explain how that is?

RWGR
07-17-2015, 04:10 PM
Straight people can still get married, thus it is not alienating anyone, However, you made the claim that it is alienating the vast majority, so can you explain how that is?

Anytime you dismantle a long-held cultural norm, a norm that crosses political, geographic, socioeconomic, and racial boundaries, you alienate people, especially when it is for such a small percentage of the population.

dancingqueen
07-17-2015, 11:25 PM
Anytime you dismantle a long-held cultural norm, a norm that crosses political, geographic, socioeconomic, and racial boundaries, you alienate people, especially when it is for such a small percentage of the population.

No, whenever you dismiss the wishes of others are you alienating them.
It doesn't matter how long a cultural norm has been observed, if the majority of people want it changed then you are not alienating them, you are listening to them.

Barry Morris
07-17-2015, 11:47 PM
No, whenever you dismiss the wishes of others are you alienating them.
It doesn't matter how long a cultural norm has been observed, if the majority of people want it changed then you are not alienating them, you are listening to them.

And there's the truth. Do they WANT the change?? I doubt it. They just don't give a damn anymore.

dancingqueen
07-18-2015, 06:57 AM
And there's the truth. Do they WANT the change?? I doubt it. They just don't give a damn anymore.

It is not outside the realms of possibility, but one cannot empirically state that as fact.

Reckidecky
07-19-2015, 10:33 PM
I'm sorry but I have to disagree! Marriage is and always will be a law from God between a man and a woman, and to say the majority are in agreement with and are ok with the decision to change this law is untrue. A civil union with the same rights fine, but to rewrite the marriage laws and to force everyone to accept the changes, is wrong, period. The majority do not agree nor accept it, but are merely hamstrung by a left wing liberal ideology, and have no way of convincing the "we cannot offend Anyone" group of spineless leaders we have running our countries to leave the marriage laws the way they are. God's laws supersede man made laws. Not to mention, that more than a few are homosexuals themselves, and are basically pushing their own personal agenda and feel they have to force society to accept them, somehow, someway...even though their ashamed to look at themselves in the mirror. No matter how many times you say it sodomy has no honour or integrity! And to have all of this being forced on the children, on top of it all, is absolutely disgraceful, disgraceful!!! It is not normal and you should all be ashamed of yourselves for pretending to be proud about it!

BFLPE
07-20-2015, 01:44 AM
I'm sorry but I have to disagree! Marriage is and always will be a law from God between a man and a woman, and to say the majority are in agreement with and are ok with the decision to change this law is untrue. A civil union with the same rights fine, but to rewrite the marriage laws and to force everyone to accept the changes, is wrong, period. The majority do not agree nor accept it, but are merely hamstrung by a left wing liberal ideology, and have no way of convincing the "we cannot offend Anyone" group of spineless leaders we have running our countries to leave the marriage laws the way they are. God's laws supersede man made laws. Not to mention, that more than a few are homosexuals themselves, and are basically pushing their own personal agenda and feel they have to force society to accept them, somehow, someway...even though their ashamed to look at themselves in the mirror. No matter how many times you say it sodomy has no honour or integrity! And to have all of this being forced on the children, on top of it all, is absolutely disgraceful, disgraceful!!! It is not normal and you should all be ashamed of yourselves for pretending to be proud about it!lol, that's the best rant I've seen in a while.

I'm with you on the civil union vs. redefining marriage. Like it or not though, marriage has been redefined. I doubt it affects you in any real way. It doesn't me.

God's laws supersede man made laws? There are no 'God's laws'. Sure, many of our customs, beliefs and traditions are rooted in religion. But guess what, religion is a man made thing. Your Holy book is the work of man. Written by man, subject to man's 'spin', to further man's agenda, no matter what inspired it.

Barry Morris
07-20-2015, 01:56 AM
lol, that's the best rant I've seen in a while.

I'm with you on the civil union vs. redefining marriage. Like it or not though, marriage has been redefined. I doubt it affects you in any real way. It doesn't me.

God's laws supersede man made laws? There are no 'God's laws'. Sure, many of our customs, beliefs and traditions are rooted in religion. But guess what, religion is a man made thing. Your Holy book is the work of man. Written by man, subject to man's 'spin', to further man's agenda, no matter what inspired it.

That simple rejection is one of the reasons my arguments include things that I have yet to see answers to. Like survival of the fittest, or in other words, evolution dictates against gay marriage in that the species is not moving ahead.

Also it is obvious (except to those with an agenda) that men and women are two complimentary halves of mankind, with different functions, beyond the child bearing roles, and that two "likes" in a union is incomplete at best.

BFLPE
07-20-2015, 02:03 AM
What do you think was simply rejected?

Barry Morris
07-20-2015, 02:34 AM
What do you think was simply rejected?

The bible.

Reckidecky
07-20-2015, 06:18 AM
lol, that's the best rant I've seen in a while.

Thanks...I needed that! 😉

RWGR
07-20-2015, 08:51 AM
Your Holy book is the work of man. .

One man wrote the Bible??

Do go on!!

BFLPE
07-20-2015, 10:55 AM
The bible.The bible? I didn't realize there was only one.

Barry Morris
07-20-2015, 11:45 AM
The bible? I didn't realize there was only one.

The book used by Christians is commonly called the bible. Other books are usually called by their original names, like Koran. The word itself simply means "book".

Those who reject it often say, "I didn't realize there was only one," but we both know what is being referred to.

I will mention once again that the bible is THE most researched book in history, probably 100 to one. Many ancient books are never questioned, such as Julius Caesars "Gallic Wars" (newest copies 10 centuries after the original) but the bible is scoffed at by those who know nothing of its history.

BFLPE
07-20-2015, 11:50 AM
One man wrote the Bible??

Do go on!!Certainly an educated man like yourself can distinguish the difference between 'of man' and 'of A man'

RWGR
07-20-2015, 01:20 PM
Certainly an educated man like yourself can distinguish the difference between 'of man' and 'of A man'

Darn, was hoping you had some late-breaking news