PDA

View Full Version : Chicago convulsed by another violent weekend; top cop blames justice system

Hans
07-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Even in a city frequently beset by head-grabbing violence, seven slayings between Friday morning and Sunday afternoon drew terrible attention.

Since Friday morning, his police officers have recovered one illegal gun per hour across the city, according to McCarthy.

"We need to repair a broken system. Criminals don't feel the repercussions of the justice system," McCarthy said.

A Chicago Police spokesperson said Sunday that along with the seven slayings, there were 33 shootings and 40 nonfatal victims in the wave of incidents.

McCarthy focused on the death of 7-year-old Amari Brown, who McCarthy said was the unintended victim of bullet meant for his father.

McCarthy said the system failed Amari. His father, who has been arrested 45 times and has a lengthy criminal record, should not have been on the streets, he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/05/us/chicago-violent-weekend/index.html

That is what happens when you try to send everyone to jail for every little offence.
It becomes an overburdened justice system that fails at every corner.
Make me President and I will solve this problem within 24 hours.

RWGR
07-06-2015, 12:19 PM
You have a former member of Obama's inner circle running Chicago, did anyone really expect anything else??

Anapeg
07-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Repercussions from the legal systems of either the U.S or Canada are non existent. We have leaned far to the right. So much so we may not be able to recover. Bleeding heart liberals have gutted both systems.

RWGR
07-06-2015, 04:48 PM
Repercussions from the legal systems of either the U.S or Canada are non existent. We have leaned far to the right. So much so we may not be able to recover. Bleeding heart liberals have gutted both systems.

I agree that bleeding hearts have gutted our systems, but I would say that is due to us leaning way too far left.