PDA

View Full Version : Sheehan: Harper's early election will cost millions

KDawg
08-02-2015, 08:32 PM
Now we find ourselves at the starting line of an eleven-week election campaign; the longest in over a century and the most expensive ever. “This early election call comes not at the benefit of Canadians, but for the benefit of Stephen Harper and his Conservatives,” said Terry Sheehan, Federal Liberal Candidate for Sault Ste. Marie.
The first thing Terry Sheehan has to say is that Harper's election call is for the benefit of Harper himself? Incumbents always call elections when they feel the time is right.

Newly elected Liberal candidate Sheehan doesn't look forward to the opportunity to unseat Hayes? That's the fighting spirit you want to see in a new party candidate.

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/details.asp?c=95889

The Chronic Liar
08-02-2015, 08:49 PM
I wish I could think of a time Liberals called an early election.

Barry Morris
08-02-2015, 09:56 PM
I wish I could think of a time Liberals called an early election.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_snap_elections_in_Canada

Wouldn't I want to vote for a party smart enough to call an election at a time that is advantageous to them???

Or to use smaller words for those who inevitably don't get it.

Why would I vote for someone stupid enough to call an election when it would hurt them???

Barry Morris
08-02-2015, 10:21 PM
The election date mandated by LAW is the same day???

RWGR
08-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Wouldn't I want to vote for a party smart enough to call an election at a time that is advantageous to them???

Golly gee, that sure doesn't seem very democratic.

dancingqueen
08-04-2015, 05:57 PM
Golly gee, that sure doesn't seem very democratic.

And thus ends your introductory education on Canadian "democracy"
Next we discuss why it doesn't work, how everyone knows it doesn't work and the reasons why we don't care....

RWGR
08-04-2015, 06:21 PM
And thus ends your introductory education on Canadian "democracy"
Next we discuss why it doesn't work, how everyone knows it doesn't work and the reasons why we don't care....

I don't know about the first two points, but the third point seems spot-on. An election is called, voting is less than two months away, and nary a peep is made.

I dare say a Republican primary debate this week will garner more interest north of the border than their own election.