PDA

View Full Version : Participants at Conservative events must agree to gag order

KDawg
08-09-2015, 05:01 PM
Members of the public who attend Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s campaign events are being required to agree to a gag order before they can walk through the door, iPolitics has learned. While attendance is by invitation only (http://ipolitics.ca/2015/07/31/harpers-campaign-events-to-be-by-invitation-only/), and attendees are vetted by the Conservative Party before receiving a ticket, those who want to attend a campaign event in person are also being asked to agree to a number of conditions including not to transmit any description of the event or any images from it...

Harper’s election campaign is only in its first week but the high level of control the Conservative Party is exercising has already become an issue.
The party is being highly secretive about when and where Harper will campaign, often giving little or no notice to the public or media who have not signed up for his pricey campaign tour.
On Tuesday, veteran Queens Park reporter Susanna Kelley was refused entry to a Harper campaign event (http://ipolitics.ca/2015/08/06/reporter-says-she-was-barred-from-stephen-harper-campaign-event/). While she arrived 20 minutes before the start of the event, she was told she could not enter because RCMP sniffer dogs were not available to check her out.
http://ipolitics.ca/2015/08/08/participants-at-conservative-events-must-agree-to-gag-order/

Secret secret, I've got a secret.

Harper's a conservative in name only.

RWGR
08-09-2015, 05:16 PM
What we would call a "RINO" over here: Republican In Name Only

did everyone see what I did there? The bolding of each starting letter...the way those letters spell RINO...

did everyone get that?

The Chronic Liar
08-09-2015, 08:43 PM

did everyone see what I did there? The bolding of each starting letter...the way those letters spell RINO...

did everyone get that?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/29/1409270466917_wps_19_He_had_to_sneak_it_in_bef.jpg

Tell us the one about Democrats in cheap khaki suits.

BFLPE
08-10-2015, 09:02 PM

did everyone get that?ohhh, that's klever.

KDawg
08-10-2015, 09:30 PM
Conservative Leader Stephen Harper said Sunday if re-elected he would introduce legislation that would make it a criminal offence for Canadians to travel to parts of the world under the control of extremist groups. "A re-elected Conservative government will designate travel to places that are ground zero for terrorist activity a criminal offence," Harper said Sunday during a security-themed campaign stop in the Ottawa riding of West-Nepean.http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/harper-proposes-travel-restrictions-1.3184703

This is not policy for conservatives, never mind a free country. I don't need Stephen Harper telling me to where I can travel. He's not even fiscally conservative anymore either, after passing around a few million in child tax credits.

I want to puke because I'm sure as hell not going to help elect Trudeau or Mulcair.

RWGR
08-11-2015, 05:46 PM
But why would you travel to some country in which there is a good chance the money you will spend will help groups like ISIS?

The Chronic Liar
08-11-2015, 05:57 PM
But why would you travel to some country in which there is a good chance the money you will spend will help groups like ISIS?

Sometimes the local cuisine is worth it.

RWGR
08-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Leg of eight-year-old.

Head-of-journalist

KDawg
08-11-2015, 09:13 PM

Sometimes the local cuisine is worth it.

Maybe the cuisine, maybe I have family in other parts of the world, maybe I like Egyptian cotton. Maybe the clerk at Mac's already sends his paycheque to his family in Iraq, but I don't know that and I don't care. I'm still going to buy my magazines and milk -- it's irrelevant.

Restricting the travel of law-abiding Canadians is unconstitutional and totally arbitrary.

Barry Morris
08-12-2015, 11:32 AM
Maybe the cuisine, maybe I have family in other parts of the world, maybe I like Egyptian cotton. Maybe the clerk at Mac's already sends his paycheque to his family in Iraq, but I don't know that and I don't care. I'm still going to buy my magazines and milk -- it's irrelevant.

Restricting the travel of law-abiding Canadians is unconstitutional and totally arbitrary.

The last thing our governments want is for us to communicate with these people.

BFLPE
08-12-2015, 12:13 PM

Restricting the travel of law-abiding Canadians is unconstitutional and totally arbitrary.:thumbs_up: