View Full Version : Why Did 50 Leave

Barry Morris
08-14-2015, 05:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjTVv5rXCgA

By a former RCC priest.

RWGR
08-14-2015, 06:03 PM
Fifty??

A minuscule number compared to the number of Protestant evangelists who have crossed to Tiber to Rome.

Being a priest isn't for just anybody. in fact, it's a calling very few receive, because it's an inordinate amount of decimation and devotion. It truly is amazing more priests do not leave. It's not like being a Protestant pastor, where you can just pack up and move to the other denomination down the road if things get too uncomfortable in your current church. Or, better yet, just start your own denomination.

Just like Jesus wanted, when he asked that we stay one...

...wait ...

Bluesky
08-14-2015, 06:32 PM
Oh brother.. you keep taking the bait.. both of you.

Barry Morris
08-14-2015, 11:29 PM
"Just over two decades ago, when I began the process to enter the Roman Catholic Church as an adult convert, I chose to receive instruction at a university parish, figuring that the quality of teaching would be more rigorous. After three months of guided meditations and endless God is love lectures, I dropped out."

http://ideas.time.com/2013/09/29/im-still-not-going-back-to-the-catholic-church/

In all the masses I sat in doing my job, I NEVER heard a message as convicting as even the WORST Baptist, Pentecostal or Bretheren preacher.

Bluesky
08-15-2015, 01:22 PM
Christians in various denominations are being slaughtered for the name of Christ, and you are both trolling the internet for ammunition to verbally best each other?

http://www.christianpost.com/news/kidnapped-priest-killed-chopped-up-by-isis-as-christians-become-a-form-of-currency-in-mid-east-war-says-aid-to-the-church-in-need-142658/

Barney Rubble
08-27-2015, 12:41 AM
I'm pretty sure that non-believers, when viewing these boards, would be turned off by anything to do with Christianity due to the one upsmanship portrayed by a few on here.

What does this edify? What does this profit for Christianity this bickering by so-called Christians? Should be ashamed if you ask me.

You're NOT supposed to be dragging each other in the dirt!! This is NOT true Christianity!!

RWGR
08-28-2015, 08:06 PM
He lies about Catholicism, I'll respond. EVERYTIME.

Anapeg
08-28-2015, 11:09 PM
They both bow to the same deity and resent the other to distraction for the way they do it. Makes me proud of the choices I have made regarding religion.

Barry Morris
08-29-2015, 12:07 AM
They both bow to the same deity and resent the other to distraction for the way they do it. Makes me proud of the choices I have made regarding religion.

Uh, that would be wrong. I have many Roman Catholic friends, and I believe that the real members of the Body of Christ among them are those who don't take their denomination too seriously, what with all their rules and theology.

And the same thing applies to members of the Body of Christ in every other Christian denomination.

Anapeg
08-29-2015, 01:04 AM
Uh, that would be wrong. I have many Roman Catholic friends, and I believe that the real members of the Body of Christ among them are those who don't take their denomination too seriously, what with all their rules and theology.

And the same thing applies to members of the Body of Christ in every other Christian denomination.

Don't see a whole lot of that sort of thing here. If this is not common place among Christians, are you two special? Why do you two pick at one another like a leper picks at scabs? To the casual observer with a little knowledge of Christianity who can recall the Inquisition, the Holy Wars, Ireland and the IRA, the goings on in the Middle East, then reading the bile that passes between the two of you Christianity is all about hate and fighting.

RWGR
08-30-2015, 11:11 AM

See, Cafeteria Christian, he epitomizes it.

RWGR
08-30-2015, 11:11 AM
reading the bile that passes between the two of you Christianity is all about hate and fighting.

If it was "bile" you wouldn't read it. Or, you don't read it, and you lied.

Either way, grow up.

Anapeg
08-30-2015, 12:43 PM
If it was "bile" you wouldn't read it. Or, you don't read it, and you lied.

Either way, grow up.

Always taking the high road RW, nice. Can't refute the post attack the poster. You two spew bile at one another on an almost daily basis. Failing that you nit pick until the other takes the bait. You both are guilty of sidetracking the majority of posts on here for your silly bickering. Of this you are the most notable.

RWGR
08-30-2015, 01:55 PM
Always taking the high road RW, nice. Can't refute the post attack the poster. You two spew bile at one another on an almost daily basis. Failing that you nit pick until the other takes the bait. You both are guilty of sidetracking the majority of posts on here for your silly bickering. Of this you are the most notable.

You recoil at the taste of your own medicine. Not surprising, but amazingly enjoyable to behold!

Barry Morris
08-30-2015, 02:36 PM

I recall posting about a denomination. But you might check on the other.