PDA

View Full Version : China sneezes, world catches pneumonia

Hans
08-24-2015, 11:30 PM
Stock markets in the U.S. and around the world swooned Monday, responding to losses posted in Asia overnight. The Dow Jones traded off more than 1,000 points Monday morning before retracing about half that decline. The U.S. markets are now in correction territory, down more than 10% from recent highs. The swift collapse, after months of unusual serenity, shocked investors here and overseas. It shouldn’t have; the trigger – a slowdown in China -- has been visible (but largely ignored) for months.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/08/24/china-sneezes-world-catches-pneumonia.html

I thought that title was extremely fitting.

Barry Morris
08-25-2015, 08:08 AM
A quote from somebody we know, "We sneeze, you catch cold ...". Who knew it would be translated from Mandarin!!!

What a revolting development. :) :) :)

Anapeg
08-25-2015, 12:18 PM
A quote from somebody we know, "We sneeze, you catch cold ...". Who knew it would be translated from Mandarin!!!

What a revolting development. :) :) :)

We sneeze, you catch a cold... { 我們打噴嚏和你感冒了。 } Mandarin.

RWGR
08-25-2015, 01:48 PM
The world seems perfectly fine today! Not much of a cold.

Not like the cold the world would get should the World's Number One Economy" go down :) :) :)

I realize you're embarrassed, being so spectacularly wrong about the Chinese economy. But never fear; I am here to teach, so you can learn.

And I do it all for free!!