PDA

View Full Version : One Upsmanship On These Forums

Barney Rubble
08-27-2015, 12:44 AM
I'm pretty sure that non-believers, when viewing these boards, would be turned off by anything to do with Christianity due to the one upsmanship portrayed by a few on here.

What does this edify? What does this profit for Christianity this bickering by so-called Christians? Should be ashamed if you ask me.

You're NOT supposed to be dragging each other in the dirt!! This is NOT true Christianity!!

The Voice
08-27-2015, 01:06 PM
I prefer to think of myself as a critical thinker rather than a non-believer.

I do notice that referring to non-christians as non-believers helps fortify the christians sense of superiority.

All the bickering just helps to shrink your demographic.

Your God is exclusive and the interaction on this board helps prove it.

Barry Morris
08-27-2015, 02:14 PM
We got our own forum because some didn't like the number of posts those who wanted to discuss religion put up.

Now we are offending the sensibilities of those who post once a month, by posting different points of view.

Sorry about that.

BTW, God IS exclusive. Deal with it.

If you find that arrogant, check your mirror.

Bluesky
08-28-2015, 01:50 PM
umm, the two of you are not just posting your own thoughts and opinions. You seldom do your own thinking. You provide links to articles that support your pov. And the reason I post maybe once a month anymore is because of the very thing us once a month posters complain about - the silly and childish one upmanship.

PS. Love your style -

God IS exclusive. Deal with it.

That'll impress.

Barry Morris
08-28-2015, 03:35 PM
If I posted once a month, I wouldn't be surprised if nobody cares about my offerings.

Not interested in political correctness in either the secular or religious camps. This is a discussion board, not an "oh no, we better not discuss that" board.

RWGR
08-28-2015, 08:01 PM
umm, the two of you are not just posting your own thoughts and opinions. You seldom do your own thinking. You provide links to articles that support your pov. And the reason I post maybe once a month anymore is because of the very thing us once a month posters complain about - the silly and childish one upmanship.

Blue, that's not quite fair. I'll admit we take the back-n-forth too far at times, but to accuse us of simply linking to articles that support our view is a bit hypocritical. Many of your threads have consisted of simply linking to some author or another's POV that YOU subscribe to, then "let's discuss...".

I link to sources because those sources corroborate what I've read. I've read the back n forth between Keating and Svendson; I just finished Patrick Madrid's book on Mary; I am currently reading Kreeft's "Summa of the Summa". Rarely am I not reading some book related to Christian issues, etc. But I can post all I want, it still helps to have sources and links that back up not only what I think but what many others think, too.

So keep the "I'm a martyr / I'm a victim" shtick at bay, it, also, is old.

The Voice
08-29-2015, 10:15 AM
We got our own forum because some didn't like the number of posts those who wanted to discuss religion put up.

Now we are offending the sensibilities of those who post once a month, by posting different points of view.

Sorry about that.

BTW, God IS exclusive. Deal with it.

You got your own religious forum then refused to discuss anything with anyone who does not agree with your opinion.

Then you got yourself appointed moderator so you could SHOUT DOWN and SHUT UP anyone who's opinion you did not agree with.

Barry Morris
08-29-2015, 10:47 AM
You got your own religious forum then refused to discuss anything with anyone who does not agree with your opinion.

Then you got yourself appointed moderator so you could SHOUT DOWN and SHUT UP anyone who's opinion you did not agree with.

Ever heard the word "archive"???

You'd be blind to think that bull****!!!

The Chronic Liar
08-29-2015, 11:10 AM
It's the internet. Complaining about bickering and one upmanship in a forum like this is just as silly.

The Voice
08-29-2015, 11:11 AM
Ever heard the word "archive"???

You'd be blind to think that bull****!!!

The archives would show a lot of former posters who no longer bother to post on here because you are intolerant of others opinions.

Barry Morris
08-29-2015, 11:20 AM
The archives would show a lot of former posters who no longer bother to post on here because you are intolerant of others opinions.

You have of course asked them, and ignored their comments to me. That's fine.

Now, you can respond, doing the old one-up again, and we'll let it go!!!

Have a great day!!!

Barry Morris
08-29-2015, 11:21 AM
It's the internet. Complaining about bickering and one upmanship in a forum like this is just as silly.

Yup!!

The Chronic Liar
08-29-2015, 11:23 AM
Yup!!

Ok I take back what I said.

RWGR
08-30-2015, 11:13 AM
you got your own religious forum then refused to discuss anything with anyone who does not agree with your opinion.

Then you got yourself appointed moderator so you could shout down and shut up anyone who's opinion you did not agree with.

spot on

RWGR
08-30-2015, 11:15 AM
And, of course, Blue doesn't respond to my post, because it hit a bit too close to home. So he'll take his toys and go home. And he'll come back another day, and feel sorry for himself for some reason or another, and move on. Then come back ...