PDA

View Full Version : Cops buying drugs

ctf
08-27-2015, 11:31 AM
http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/details.asp?c=96951

Who does the math for the police?

Cop buys 1/4 ounce of cannabis resin for $80.

They seize 1/4 pound and value it at $2500.

1/4 ounce x 4 = 1 ounce and 1 ounce would cost $320
4 ounces = 1/4 pound and therefore 1 pound would cost $1280

This is not whether one is for or against drugs, but is more a statement of the ineptitude of calculating. Have we come so far in our education (math) system that simple math is beyond us.

This is not the first time we have seen the inflation of value on simple drug busts in this area for sensationalism. Maybe those that are the spokespeople for these incidents should proofread their statements before posting.

This is all true unless of course the first deal was just that - sell the product for less in an attempt to garner further sales.

In any event......

Anapeg
08-27-2015, 12:42 PM
The only math that counts is the amount of drugs off the street, times the number of druggies in jail which equals the number of neighbourhoods made safe and welcoming to the people who thrive on reality. It would be nice to go to Macs and not have to wade through hookers and pushers.

The Chronic Liar
08-27-2015, 12:50 PM
It would be nice to go to Macs and not have to wade through hookers and pushers.

I vehemently disagree.

riggs
08-27-2015, 01:07 PM
The only math that counts is the amount of drugs off the street, times the number of druggies in jail which equals the number of neighbourhoods made safe and welcoming to the people who thrive on reality. It would be nice to go to Macs and not have to wade through hookers and pushers.

Hookers and pushers have very little to do with this type of controlled substance. If nothing else they'll used it to ease the withdrawal symptoms from pharmaceutical based drugs or sell it as a source of revenue to acquire their drug of choice.

Anapeg
08-27-2015, 04:06 PM
Hookers and pushers have very little to do with this type of controlled substance. If nothing else they'll used it to ease the withdrawal symptoms from pharmaceutical based drugs or sell it as a source of revenue to acquire their drug of choice.

I am sure I wouldn't know.

ctf
08-28-2015, 10:46 AM

There are more potent and dangerous LEGAL Prescribed drugs out there. Possession of a few ounces of Maryjane is mild in comparison to Oxy, Fentanyl, and other so called legal opiates. There are more manufactured chemical drugs being produced that are a far greater risk than the odd joint or 2. The only reason that these people are arrested is because our society has yet to decide to LEGALIZE or DECRIMINALIZE possession of Marijuana. Such was the situation during prohibition in the 30's. Once the government found the cash cow of taxation on alcohol, it suddenly became legal. I am in no way advocating one way or the other, but let's be honest. Should it suddenly become the governments need to increase tax revenue, and simple possession is seen in a less negative way, it will happen. Once governments look at the revenue generated in those states out west (Colorado, Washington etc) raking in Millions in tax revenues, it will happen here.
As for those so called druggies blocking your way at Mac's; it would be my humble opinion that their drugs of choice are those that can be legally obtained (Oxy, hydromorphone, Fentanyl etc) by those in need. They may not get them legally, but...

Lance1
08-28-2015, 11:04 AM
It was weed (A plant) not drugs and yes the math sucks. Never send a cop to get weed ,he will get ripped off and laughed at.

Weed is illegal but crazy whisky is not. Weed is illegal in some states but not in others, the state governments do not even have the reasoning straight.

I seen that thread on Sootoday. There was 25 comments with most all thinking it was a waste of time and money over that small amount of weed.
Now the comment section was removed.

riggs
08-28-2015, 12:02 PM
There are more potent and dangerous LEGAL Prescribed drugs out there. Possession of a few ounces of Maryjane is mild in comparison to Oxy, Fentanyl, and other so called legal opiates. There are more manufactured chemical drugs being produced that are a far greater risk than the odd joint or 2. The only reason that these people are arrested is because our society has yet to decide to LEGALIZE or DECRIMINALIZE possession of Marijuana. Such was the situation during prohibition in the 30's. Once the government found the cash cow of taxation on alcohol, it suddenly became legal. I am in no way advocating one way or the other, but let's be honest. Should it suddenly become the governments need to increase tax revenue, and simple possession is seen in a less negative way, it will happen. Once governments look at the revenue generated in those states out west (Colorado, Washington etc) raking in Millions in tax revenues, it will happen here.
As for those so called druggies blocking your way at Mac's; it would be my humble opinion that their drugs of choice are those that can be legally obtained (Oxy, hydromorphone, Fentanyl etc) by those in need. They may not get them legally, but...

On top of the many stumbling blocks to decriminalizing/legalizing marijuana, they would have to development an accurate roadside device to deal with the impairment.

Anapeg
08-28-2015, 01:02 PM
On top of the many stumbling blocks to decriminalizing/legalizing marijuana, they would have to development an accurate roadside device to deal with the impairment.

On the spot blood tests would work.

Anapeg
08-28-2015, 01:08 PM
It was weed (A plant) not drugs and yes the math sucks. Never send a cop to get weed ,he will get ripped off and laughed at.

Weed is illegal but crazy whisky is not. Weed is illegal in some states but not in others, the state governments do not even have the reasoning straight.

I seen that thread on Sootoday. There was 25 comments with most all thinking it was a waste of time and money over that small amount of weed.
Now the comment section was removed.

I care not if it be legalized or not. I am not against marijuana but I am against breaking the law. As to drugs prescribed by a doctor, you are arguing apples against oranges. Drugs meant to assist people being obtained illegally is, as before, against the law.

ctf
08-28-2015, 02:22 PM
I care not if it be legalized or not. I am not against marijuana but I am against breaking the law. As to drugs prescribed by a doctor, you are arguing apples against oranges. Drugs meant to assist people being obtained illegally is, as before, against the law.

We have not as a populace had the opportunity to decide if Marijuana is legal. It is the slim minority of our elected officials who make that decision. As a populace we should have the right to vote on the issue at hand. At present, this law as others - either deemed good or not - is made by less than 300 people. Those being the elected representatives of the people who follow their leader at the time. The personal morals of one or 2 individuals should not determine what is good for our country. While there may be reasons for the present law, the decision to change or not is OURS.
Backroom politics to have certain chemical drugs made legal have made our personal wishes irrelevant. It was my understanding that we elect people to do our bidding for us. It is unfortunate that they listen not once elected.
In this particular case, people were arrested for obtaining and personal use of less than $500 worth of so called illicit drugs. Yet thousands of Doctors prescribe more damaging and addictive chemicals. Whether these benefit any better than natural medications is not considered. There is no major chemical company politicking for marijuana.

IMHO
08-28-2015, 02:26 PM
IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING (never used drugs ever) that marijuana impairs ones ability just as alcohol does. If that is the case marijuana users should not be getting behind the wheel of a car...but....how do we know when a marijuana user has reached that level?

Anapeg
08-28-2015, 02:28 PM
We have not as a populace had the opportunity to decide if Marijuana is legal. It is the slim minority of our elected officials who make that decision. As a populace we should have the right to vote on the issue at hand. At present, this law as others - either deemed good or not - is made by less than 300 people. Those being the elected representatives of the people who follow their leader at the time. The personal morals of one or 2 individuals should not determine what is good for our country. While there may be reasons for the present law, the decision to change or not is OURS.
Backroom politics to have certain chemical drugs made legal have made our personal wishes irrelevant. It was my understanding that we elect people to do our bidding for us. It is unfortunate that they listen not once elected.
In this particular case, people were arrested for obtaining and personal use of less than $500 worth of so called illicit drugs. Yet thousands of Doctors prescribe more damaging and addictive chemicals. Whether these benefit any better than natural medications is not considered. There is no major chemical company politicking for marijuana.

Sounds as though your problem is with the government and neither me or my post. It would seem the pot smokers ought get together and make a concerted run at changing policy. Assuming they remember to attend... Sorry, I couldn't resist.

ctf
08-28-2015, 03:25 PM
I have no problem with the government, you or your post. I was simply making a statement in response to your using the word Illegal. I was simply stating that it is only illegal based on the voices of a very, very small portion of our populace who may or may not be influenced by back room lobbyists. Those elected by us to be our voice.This is but one of many rules that are made in what is evidently becoming a nanny state. It is not just pot smokers as you call them that need to make efforts at changing policy. The ability to remember to attend, although cute and tongue in cheek, is not only associated with marijuana use. There are a myriad of so called legal prescription drugs that impair reasoning and recollection. The interactions of several are also linked to dementia. For us to remain as sheeple is a slippery slope.
This thread has really morphed; it was actually started to point out the sensationalism of such a so called drug bust - a whopping $2500- ; so much so that they inflated the price of the drugs involved in an effort to try to make some sort of justification. Our police force would be better utilized in other areas. The efforts put in to arrest here is more costly than the offence. Many new rules are being made simply in reaction to the amount of revenue that can be obtained and really little interest in anything else. Should those in power finally do the math and determine that decriminalization and a small set fine would generate more revenue, the law would change in an instant: followed by some BS story that they were changing due to our change in social morals etc.

riggs
08-28-2015, 04:48 PM

To the best of my knowledge, it would have to be in a controlled environment such as lab/clinic/hospital to avoid a myriad of legal challenges.

Anapeg
08-28-2015, 06:57 PM
To the best of my knowledge, it would have to be in a controlled environment such as lab/clinic/hospital to avoid a myriad of legal challenges.

I would think in this day and age they ought be able to make something portable and accurate, not unlike a diabetes test kit.

Upper Decker
08-28-2015, 07:37 PM
IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING (never used drugs ever) that marijuana impairs ones ability just as alcohol does. If that is the case marijuana users should not be getting behind the wheel of a car...but....how do we know when a marijuana user has reached that level?

Where does one get pot that impairs ones ability as much as alcohol? That would be some fine cheeba.

KDawg
08-28-2015, 07:56 PM
You want to live in a society where cops can draw blood on the roadside?

No thanks. I don't buy into the BS of "safety" at any cost.

Lance1
08-28-2015, 09:44 PM
It was against the law for women to vote at one time. Try to think for yourself.

Anapeg
08-28-2015, 11:03 PM
It was against the law for women to vote at one time. Try to think for yourself.

Read slowly. I intimated that should you disagree with any law, work toward changing it. Women joined forces, rallied and forced a change in legislation. Quite the opposite of pot heads who smoke, get arrested and b-itch.

riggs
08-28-2015, 11:21 PM
I would think in this day and age they ought be able to make something portable and accurate, not unlike a diabetes test kit.

Perhaps it has already been developed awaiting production if the need occurs. The diabetes test kit idea makes sense for a roadside device.

The Voice
08-29-2015, 10:12 AM
I care not if it be legalized or not. I am not against marijuana but I am against breaking the law.

I am sure you mean't to say you are against breaking the law as long as you are in agreement with the law.

The Chronic Liar
08-29-2015, 10:35 AM

So women just voted anyway? Please don't tell people to think for themselves in the same paragraph as your stupid analogy.

Lance1
08-29-2015, 11:10 AM
It's against the law to cheat on your taxes and everyone does that including the Senate.
Anyone who has the desire to smoke weed ,is already smoking weed. I do not think there is one single person saying to themselves.
" I really want to smoke weed but the law is preventing me" . LOL

Kind of like the prohibition in the states from 1920 to 1933 it took awhile but they did realize it was a lost cause.

I am not against marijuana but I am against breaking the law.

It was the law for all German Jew to report to the train stations also. To bad so many thought like you , the law breakers got the heck out of town and the country.

The Voice
08-29-2015, 11:16 AM
Some of the most upstanding law abiding citizens on this board have admitted to breaking the law. But if it is a law they don't agree with they have no problem with that.

The Voice
08-29-2015, 11:20 AM
I wonder how many business men in this town purchase their gas in soo michigan then turn around and claim those fuel costs on their Canadian tax return?

I know it's just a slight indiscretion and it's really not hurting anyone.

Little white lies can't keep you out of heaven can they?

The Chronic Liar
08-29-2015, 11:20 AM
Some of the most upstanding law abiding citizens on this board have admitted to breaking the law. But if it is a law they don't agree with they have no problem with that.

If you're prepared to deal with the consequences then have at it. It's pretty annoying though on Sootoday when people complain about police wasting their time on marijauna busts. It's illegal so why the shock?

Barry Morris
08-29-2015, 11:24 AM
I wonder how many business men in this town purchase their gas in soo michigan then turn around and claim those fuel costs on their Canadian tax return?

And telling the truth every time can't get you in!!!

American gas??? Yeah, I take a couple of hours to empty out my stuffed service truck to go across!! NOT!!

The wife's truck?? Sometimes, but rarely just for the sake of cheap gas.

The Chronic Liar
08-29-2015, 11:26 AM

It's still an expense.

IMHO
08-29-2015, 01:04 PM
hence THE EXPRESSION.......LIAR LIAR YOUR PANTS ARE ON FIRE.....Hillary must have a lot of burned skin.

Lance1
08-29-2015, 01:15 PM
If you're prepared to deal with the consequences then have at it. It's pretty annoying though on Sootoday when people complain about police wasting their time on marijauna busts. It's illegal so why the shock?

They were complaining about the a police using their time ensuring some pot head is not smoking weed while watching a movie and eating Toridos rather then patrolling for break and entries of homes,garages and cars.

The Chronic Liar
08-29-2015, 01:41 PM
They were complaining about the a police using their time ensuring some pot head is not smoking weed while watching a movie and eating Toridos rather then patrolling for break and entries of homes,garages and cars.

The break and enters people commit because they are addicted to drugs and have no ambition to get a job?

Lance1
08-29-2015, 02:07 PM
The break and enters people commit because they are addicted to drugs and have no ambition to get a job?

When you smoke weed you do not feel like breaking into someone's property. Your taking about hard drugs like meth, cocaine or Oxycontins . Sure enforce those drugs since they will turn a person into a maniac .
Weed turns them into a movie and chip critic.
Your comparing Coors light to Kentucky moonshine.

Are Alcoholics breaking into houses because they need a drink?

The Chronic Liar
08-29-2015, 03:56 PM
When you smoke weed you do not feel like breaking into someone's property. Your taking about hard drugs like meth, cocaine or Oxycontins . Sure enforce those drugs since they will turn a person into a maniac .
Weed turns them into a movie and chip critic.
Your comparing Coors light to Kentucky moonshine.

Are Alcoholics breaking into houses because they need a drink?

Funny most marijuana charges that you see on sootoday are when they are committing other crimes and just happen to be in possession of it. Odd considering they are simply at home wondering how many thumbs to put up after watching the South Park movie.

BFLPE
08-29-2015, 05:01 PM
When you smoke weed you do not feel like breaking into someone's property...
Weed turns them into a movie and chip critic...Gotta have money to pay for the movies, chips and weed. Of course some steal to pay for that stuff.

The more addictive harder drugs surely result in more crime but that doesn't negate crime committed to pay for weed and it doesn't change the fact that weed is not legal.

When I was younger and didn't care for the rules we would find backyard grow ops and steal the weed. Not the brightest thing I ever did. :)