PDA

View Full Version : Isolation again??

Barry Morris
08-31-2015, 01:12 PM
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/border-wall-between-canada-u-s-worth-looking-at-says-republican-presidential-hopeful

"Border wall between Canada, U.S. worth ‘looking at,’ says Republican presidential hopeful"

I think the USA is beginning to turn towards an isolationist period again.

Chachinga
08-31-2015, 01:22 PM
http://www.soonet.ca/showthread.php?53192-Donald-Duck-s-wall-idea-is-catching-on!&

Alzheimers setting in, old man? :eek:

The Chronic Liar
08-31-2015, 01:55 PM
It would never work. Building a wall in the lakes would be too difficult. :cat::cat::cat:

Barry Morris
08-31-2015, 05:07 PM
This is about isolationism, not walls.

Barry Morris
08-31-2015, 05:09 PM
http://www.soonet.ca/showthread.php?53192-Donald-Duck-s-wall-idea-is-catching-on!&

Alzheimers setting in, old man? :eek:

You make it so easy.

The Chronic Liar
08-31-2015, 07:04 PM
I don't think Barry even read the article. The article is about how the liberal media is using Canada to poke holes on the conservative views of Mexico. They are trying to say if you have all these ideas about stopping illegal immigrants from Mexico then why not Canada? It's a stupid argument all around. They kept poking him about Mexico so he just said it's worth a look. He quickly went on to the next subject and it didn't even make the air.

Please Barry please tell us what this article has to do with isolation.

RWGR
08-31-2015, 07:18 PM
The U.S. was isolationist until the late-1800s, then tried to be so again after the Great War, with not much success. By WWII isolationism as a foreign policy was a non-starter, and forever will be.

The only people who can be isolationist in our world of Globalization are the Hoookoo Puukuu Tribe in the dark recesses of interior Africa.

Barry Morris
08-31-2015, 07:18 PM
I don't think Barry even read the article. The article is about how the liberal media is using Canada to poke holes on the conservative views of Mexico. They are trying to say if you have all these ideas about stopping illegal immigrants from Mexico then why not Canada? It's a stupid argument all around. They kept poking him about Mexico so he just said it's worth a look. He quickly went on to the next subject and it didn't even make the air.

Please Barry please tell us what this article has to do with isolation.

I think it's possible that the mindset of the USA is changing to one of isolationism.

Two possibilities. They are tired of being the world's policeman

And, more importantly, they are becoming less dependent on foreign oil.

RWGR
08-31-2015, 07:21 PM
I think it's possible that the mindset of the USA is changing to one of isolationism.

Perhaps. But I don't think even that would qualify as "isolationist" in today's world. It just can't happen, we're much too interconnected, in many ways.

If you're a First World country, you're not isolationist;at least not in the classical definition of the word.

The Chronic Liar
08-31-2015, 07:33 PM

Is there a reason that you believe this? The link attached to the original post doesn't really give that impression. To me it looks like the opposite.

Anapeg
08-31-2015, 08:08 PM
Without turning to expansion at all cost to guarantee supplies and adopting Communism wholeheartedly I don't believe isolationism could work today. Our markets are so dependent on a constant supply of materials from round the globe how else could isolationism work.

The Chronic Liar
08-31-2015, 08:37 PM
Maybe a little less in-your-face as before but like Anapeg says it's nearly impossible,especially the U.S.

IMHO
08-31-2015, 08:56 PM
THEY WOULD HAVE TO BRING THE Mexicans IN TO BUILD IT and they don't work that cheap.

RWGR
08-31-2015, 08:57 PM
????

Hans
08-31-2015, 09:04 PM
Hi my fine feathered friend, how is it going?

RWGR
09-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Hi my fine feathered friend, how is it going?

Not bad, just trying to figure out what it is someone posted...which here is a full-time job :)

Chachinga
09-01-2015, 05:50 PM
You make it so easy.

Says Major Tom! :scrazy_pilot: