PDA

View Full Version : Hundreds at Montreal march urge government to accept more refugees

Hans
09-06-2015, 02:08 AM
Hundreds of people marched through downtown Montreal Saturday to persuade the federal government to swiftly bring more Syrian refugees to Canada.

http://www.local2.ca/news/national-and-world-news/hundreds-at-montreal-march-urge-government-to-accept-more-refugees-12188

Excellent. All those marchers can be sponsors for the Syrian refugees and pay for the proper paperwork, so they can come over legally.

Barry Morris
09-06-2015, 09:59 AM
I'd like to find out exactly why that drowned kid was rejected, and exactly who was responsible.

ctf
09-06-2015, 10:27 AM
Neither he nor his family was rejected. His aunt did not make application for them. She had made application for another of her brothers. she did however send them money to pay for the sea crossing. If you Google or read other news sites, you will see that the previous reference to their application is in fact false.

Barry Morris
09-06-2015, 10:54 AM
Neither he nor his family was rejected. His aunt did not make application for them. She had made application for another of her brothers. she did however send them money to pay for the sea crossing. If you Google or read other news sites, you will see that the previous reference to their application is in fact false.

Thanks for the clarification, ctf.

Lance1
09-06-2015, 11:55 AM
They were aready out of the war zone in Turkey but they made the choice of the dangerous water crossing to Greece anyways.

4000 made it to Austria yet only 10 Applied to stay, the rest wanted to go to Germany . I'm not sure if Germany has a push over immigration policy but it sure sounds like they are moving from "war refugees" to "economic refugees" now.

No nearby rich oil states states like Saudi Arabian are taking in any refugees. http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-09-04/why-don-t-gulf-states-accept-more-refugees-

Israel, Lebanon, Iran, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Dubai etc etc etc "Where are you".

RWGR
09-06-2015, 02:16 PM
Israel, Lebanon, Iran, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Dubai etc etc etc "Where are you".

The Middle East

Hans
09-06-2015, 06:14 PM
They were aready out of the war zone in Turkey but they made the choice of the dangerous water crossing to Greece anyways.

4000 made it to Austria yet only 10 Applied to stay, the rest wanted to go to Germany . I'm not sure if Germany has a push over immigration policy but it sure sounds like they are moving from "war refugees" to "economic refugees" now.

No nearby rich oil states states like Saudi Arabian are taking in any refugees. http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-09-04/why-don-t-gulf-states-accept-more-refugees-

Exactly, a refugee should be more than happy to stay in a country that is better than where he/she came from.
Instead they want to stay in what they consider the best country economically.
What they fail to understand is that they will be on the bottom of the economic ladder, with very little realistic chance to climb up.

ctf
09-06-2015, 06:20 PM

Won't stay in Hungary or Austria cuz they are only being offered 300 Euros per month per person as refugees. Germany is offerring 800 Euros. It is the richest of the EU.

Hans
09-06-2015, 06:21 PM
Wish I was offered 800 Euros when I came to live in Canada. Hey, I would have taken 300 Euros gladly.

Barry Morris
09-06-2015, 06:28 PM
Wish I was offered 800 Euros when I came to live in Canada. Hey, I would have taken 300 Euros gladly.

Why would a professional person need that??

Lance1
09-06-2015, 07:51 PM
This is scary reading http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/immigrants-a-fiscal-burden-fraser-institute-report-suggests-1.1366906

Vote Harper even if you do not want to.

Hans
09-06-2015, 11:48 PM
Why would a professional person need that??

Because they get it, so why not everyone else?

Barry Morris
09-07-2015, 12:39 AM
Because they get it, so why not everyone else?

Did you arrive in Canada with just the clothes on your back??

Or is it that, because some get welfare, you feel you should get it too???

The Chronic Liar
09-07-2015, 12:49 AM
Are we really arguing for equality with refugees?

Barry Morris
09-07-2015, 01:12 AM

Probably not.

We all would like to see people given a fair shake.

IMHO
09-07-2015, 07:11 AM
Immigrants and refugees helped build this country.

Lance1
09-07-2015, 10:56 AM
My ancestors , did it the old stupid way . They applied through the immigration process and waited for a decision and out come. They did not storm or sneak across a border.

IMHO
09-07-2015, 11:06 AM
I have heard a few folks say...CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME...so the government may have a hard time selling the idea of shelling out millions to refugees(who became refugees by choice...they did not have to leave the homeland).I do not personally agree with their philosophy but that's what I have heard a few folks say.

The Chronic Liar
09-07-2015, 11:07 AM
My ancestors , did it the old stupid way . They applied through the immigration process and waited for a decision and out come. They did not storm or sneak across a border.

I think you need to look up what a refugee is.

RWGR
09-07-2015, 11:13 AM
You don't have to live like a refugee. Ain't no real big secret, all the same, somehow we get around it.

It don't make no difference to me, baby, everybody's had to fight to be free.

The Chronic Liar
09-07-2015, 11:17 AM
You don't have to live like a refugee. Ain't no real big secret, all the same, somehow we get around it.

It don't make no difference to me, baby, everybody's had to fight to be free.

You don't know how it feels.

RWGR
09-07-2015, 11:19 AM
People come, people go, some grow young, some grow cold.

The Chronic Liar
09-07-2015, 11:21 AM
Excellent jam session

Hans
09-07-2015, 04:24 PM

Absolutely. You cannot be more equal to some than others.
The proper process will get you entry after you passed all the requirements, not before.

These "refugees" want entry right away, and funds from the government. That is not the way of doing things, and needs to stop.

IMHO
09-07-2015, 04:27 PM
The proper process will get you entry after you passed all the requirements, not before.

These "refugees" want entry right away, and funds from the government. That is not the way of doing things, and needs to stop.

They have no money...they have hungry kids...they have no food....should we just let them starve?

BFLPE
09-07-2015, 04:27 PM
Kind of like at the hospital when some poor sucker with the sniffles keeps getting bumped to the back of the line by those with broken limbs and stuff.

Hans
09-07-2015, 04:32 PM
They have no money...they have hungry kids...they have no food....should we just let them starve?

"Many of the migrants arrive with harrowing tales of crossing the Mediterranean, then walking from Greece through Macedonia, Serbia, Hungary and finally into Austria."

If you can walk those kind of distances, you are not starving.
If you look at a map, there are countries much closer to Syria they could live in.
Why do they insist entering Germany, England, France and walking all that way?

Hans
09-07-2015, 04:33 PM
Kind of like at the hospital when some poor sucker with the sniffles keeps getting bumped to the back of the line by those with broken limbs and stuff.

With propper staffing that would not be a problem.

Hans
09-07-2015, 04:34 PM
"Yet of the thousands who arrived in Austria this weekend, only a dozen or so have opted to apply for asylum there, the country's Interior Ministry said. Many want to go farther, particularly to Germany."

Of course they do, that is where the money is.

IMHO
09-07-2015, 04:36 PM
"Many of the migrants arrive with harrowing tales of crossing the Mediterranean, then walking from Greece through Macedonia, Serbia, Hungary and finally into Austria."

If you can walk those kind of distances, you are not starving.
If you look at a map, there are countries much closer to Syria they could live in.
Why do they insist entering Germany, England, France and walking all that way?

Not every country will accept them. Canada will...its an election year. Mr Hayes will likely welcome a few into his home....if he gets re=elected.

Hans
09-07-2015, 04:40 PM
Can't wait to see how many "refugees" these pro politicians and pro people will pay for out of their own pocket.
I have no problem with such a system.

Hans
09-07-2015, 04:45 PM
"Terry says more needs to be done"

A Liberal government would: Expand Canada’s intake to 25,000 refugees from Syria through immediate, direct sponsorship by the Government of Canada. We will also work with private sponsors to intake even more; Invest at least an additional $100 million this fiscal year to increase – without reducing standards – refugee processing, as well as sponsorship and settlement services capacity in Canada; and Provide an immediate $100 million new contribution to the United Nations High Commission for Refugees to support the critical relief activities in Syria and the surrounding area.

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/details.asp?c=97448

I want to see how much Terry is going to pay out of his own pocket. Why does the government of Canada have to pickup the tab? Why can't his party use their election funds to pay for it?
And what are they going to do once they get here? What kind of employment are they going to find?

IMHO
09-07-2015, 04:48 PM
"Terry says more needs to be done"

A Liberal government would: Expand Canada’s intake to 25,000 refugees from Syria through immediate, direct sponsorship by the Government of Canada. We will also work with private sponsors to intake even more; Invest at least an additional $100 million this fiscal year to increase – without reducing standards – refugee processing, as well as sponsorship and settlement services capacity in Canada; and Provide an immediate $100 million new contribution to the United Nations High Commission for Refugees to support the critical relief activities in Syria and the surrounding area.

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/details.asp?c=97448

I want to see how much Terry is going to pay out of his own pocket. Why does the government of Canada have to pickup the tab? Why can't his party use their election funds to pay for it?
And what are they going to do once they get here? What kind of employment are they going to find?

I feel many Canadians feel we have enough problems here at home to throw money at. the timing is terrible...the world has become a terrible place.

Hans
09-07-2015, 04:54 PM
Fleeing is not a solution. Just imagine the cost of living in Canada, and how difficult it would be to find meaningful employment so you can provide for yourself and your family.
And I am not even talking about the language barrier, the cultural differences, etc...
The obstacles are enormous.

RWGR
09-07-2015, 05:30 PM
the world has become a terrible place.

Not really. Worldwide poverty is down. Wars are down. Violence is down. It's just that we get this stuff thrown in our face 24/7.

What do some of the troubled spots on the globe have in common? Radical Islam is on the march.

But we can't judge them, it's insensitive and intolerant.

We have to keep our eyes and attention on the true threat to all of us: county clerks in Kentucky who refuse to grant marriage licenses to homosexual couples. The mainstream media finds that much more dangerous and offensive than decapitating and burning Christians who won't convert to Islam.

Hans
09-07-2015, 11:30 PM
I have always been a fan of eradicating members of organizations like ISIS and the like.

Lance1
09-08-2015, 12:28 PM
I think you need to look up what a refugee is.

You know how many of these so called "war refugees" passed through non war countries like Turkey, Greece , Hungary and Austria to get to Germany because they have a better welfare system.

As soon as they land in Turkey and move on, they should be classed as "economic illegal immigrants" not "war refugees".

Here is the story you did not hear about the drown kids father. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11509666

While conceding the child's death was a tragedy, he said: "That boy and his family had lived in Turkey for three years. The money for that boy's father to pay the people smugglers was sent from Canada.

"The father sent them on that boat so the father could get dental treatment. They were in no fear, they were in no persecution and they were in no danger in Turkey."

In three years the father could not get lifejackets in Turkey?

Anapeg
09-08-2015, 01:11 PM
With propper staffing that would not be a problem.

Were people not require mollycoddling staffing would not be a problem. Were so many doctors not tied up in the emergency department treating the simple sniffles there would be more doctors to go round. People are more than capable to care for their simple maladies but come round to complain about a service they, personally are overburdening. Go to the pharmacy, any pharmacy and purchase some Kleenex, cough syrup for day time and night time and stay the Hell out of hospitals made to treat serious cases. There is no magic bullet to cure you miraculously on the spot. 7 to 10 days and you will be hale and hearty yet again. It is not the system, it is the people.

riggs
09-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Not really. Worldwide poverty is down. Wars are down. Violence is down. It's just that we get this stuff thrown in our face 24/7.

What do some of the troubled spots on the globe have in common? Radical Islam is on the march.

But we can't judge them, it's insensitive and intolerant.

We have to keep our eyes and attention on the true threat to all of us: county clerks in Kentucky who refuse to grant marriage licenses to homosexual couples. The mainstream media finds that much more dangerous and offensive than decapitating and burning Christians who won't convert to Islam.

Still there are still many who don't recognize the intent of the msm.

RWGR
09-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Nor care.

As long as they can get their news in short soundbites, they're all good.

Hans
09-08-2015, 08:05 PM
Were people not require mollycoddling staffing would not be a problem. Were so many doctors not tied up in the emergency department treating the simple sniffles there would be more doctors to go round. People are more than capable to care for their simple maladies but come round to complain about a service they, personally are overburdening. Go to the pharmacy, any pharmacy and purchase some Kleenex, cough syrup for day time and night time and stay the Hell out of hospitals made to treat serious cases. There is no magic bullet to cure you miraculously on the spot. 7 to 10 days and you will be hale and hearty yet again. It is not the system, it is the people.

I disagree with that. When I lived in Europe I could call a doctor when I had the sniffles, and he would visit me at my house somewhere during that day.
So no, it is the system. If they would have doctors here doing house calls, not only could they make a fortune, but it would keep emerge free for more serious cases.
Instead the system you have here forces everyone to go to emerge, no matter what you have.
That and everyone sits in a packed waiting room for hours. Perfect way to get everyone sick.

Anapeg
09-08-2015, 10:11 PM
I disagree with that. When I lived in Europe I could call a doctor when I had the sniffles, and he would visit me at my house somewhere during that day.
So no, it is the system. If they would have doctors here doing house calls, not only could they make a fortune, but it would keep emerge free for more serious cases.
Instead the system you have here forces everyone to go to emerge, no matter what you have.
That and everyone sits in a packed waiting room for hours. Perfect way to get everyone sick.

We constantly disagree so no surprises there. I have been told Europeans were made of firmer stock what with being out of doors so much that they were rarely ill by comparison with the North American species. One I spoke to two weeks ago at the diabetic clinic said she has lived here since the war years and that was her third trip to a doctor. Her son, older than myself agreed and said he was of similar numbers. I have numerous friends of Polish, Ukrainian, Jewish, German and English who are first or second generation and they seem to bear out what I have heard. Never having been to Europe I most assuredly cannot attest. I have to take you at your word and assume the others to be wrong.

The Voice
09-10-2015, 12:14 AM
Sweet thing was they Left Wingers tried to roast the Cons on this but it turned out the Aunt and Father were not quite truthful about what went down.

Hans
09-10-2015, 09:36 PM
Translation please.

Lance1
09-11-2015, 09:03 AM
Translation please.

I think he,s talking about this.

Here is the story you did not hear about the drown kids father.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11509666

While conceding the child's death was a tragedy, he said: "That boy and his family had lived in Turkey for three years. The money for that boy's father to pay the people smugglers was sent from Canada.

"The father sent them on that boat so the father could get dental treatment. They were in no fear, they were in no persecution and they were in no danger in Turkey."

As soon as they land in Turkey and move on, they should be classed as "economic illegal immigrants" not "war refugees".

Refugees flee for their lives and safety.

Economic illegal immigrants flee for a better life while bypassing a countries legal immigration process.

Lance1
09-11-2015, 11:44 AM
It get worst about the farther http://www.smh.com.au/world/migrant-crisis/aylan-kurdis-father-is-a-people-smuggler-woman-claims-20150911-gjkt2m.html show that being a bleeding heat is not always good.

The grieving father was a people smuggler.

Anapeg
09-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Were one to follow protocols all would be acceptable. Circumventing these protocols is what gets ones back up. Then to have the father and husband blame the deaths of his family members on Canada because he did not follow the dots and made poor choices, then lied about it.

Hans
09-11-2015, 08:33 PM
I think he,s talking about this.

Here is the story you did not hear about the drown kids father.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11509666

Refugees flee for their lives and safety.

Economic illegal immigrants flee for a better life while bypassing a countries legal immigration process.

I still do not understand why all that you just said equates to this: Sweet thing was they Left Wingers tried to roast the Cons on this but it turned out the Aunt and Father were not quite truthful about what went down.

Barry Morris
09-11-2015, 09:40 PM
I still do not understand why all that you just said equates to this: Sweet thing was they Left Wingers tried to roast the Cons on this but it turned out the Aunt and Father were not quite truthful about what went down.

That was The Voice!!

Hans
09-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Yes it was, although I am not sure why you said that.

Barry Morris
09-11-2015, 10:44 PM
Yes it was, although I am not sure why you said that.

I get it now.