PDA

View Full Version : Odd that.....

Barry Morris
09-06-2015, 04:46 PM
"The unemployment rate is now lower than it was at any time during Ronald Reagan's presidency"

http://www.vox.com/2015/9/5/9262673/unemployment-rate-obama-reagan

"That said, the labor-force participation rate has fallen since Reagan's day. That's mostly about population aging there are a lot more retired people now than their used to be and a little bit about more people being in college, but that doesn't fully explain it. The labor-force participation rate of "prime aged" men between the ages of 25 and 55 has been steadily declining for decades, and in the past 10 years the participation rate for prime aged women has fallen slightly as well."

The Chronic Liar
09-06-2015, 05:17 PM
As of this month, the unemployment rate is now lower than it was at any point during Ronald Reagan's administration:

As of this month, the unemployment rate is now lower than it was at any point during Ronald Reagan's administration:
That said, the labor-force participation rate has fallen since Reagan's day. That's mostly about population aging — there are a lot more retired people now than their used to be — and a little bit about more people being in college, but that doesn't fully explain it. The labor-force participation rate of "prime aged" men between the ages of 25 and 55 has been steadily declining for decades, and in the past 10 years the participation rate for prime aged women has fallen slightly as well.

LOL this is the entire article. Thanks VOX.com. I 've seen classified ads longer than this.

Barry Morris
09-06-2015, 05:27 PM

That said, the labor-force participation rate has fallen since Reagan's day. That's mostly about population aging — there are a lot more retired people now than their used to be — and a little bit about more people being in college, but that doesn't fully explain it. The labor-force participation rate of "prime aged" men between the ages of 25 and 55 has been steadily declining for decades, and in the past 10 years the participation rate for prime aged women has fallen slightly as well.

LOL this is the entire article. Thanks VOX.com. I 've seen classified ads longer than this.

Yeah. So?

The Chronic Liar
09-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Yeah. So?

Does this include people used up unemployment benefits and who switched to welfare? If you are going to make a statement like this with a couple of short paragraphs ,how can you show context when we are dealing with 2 different eras.

Barry Morris
09-06-2015, 05:32 PM
Does this include people used up unemployment benefits and who switched to welfare?

Don't know. Find out.

The Chronic Liar
09-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Don't know. Find out.

Ya because the article is stupid.

The Chronic Liar
09-06-2015, 05:36 PM
The Reagan years had far less online bullying and suicides than the Obama years.

RWGR
09-06-2015, 06:27 PM
"That said, the labor-force participation rate has fallen since Reagan's day"

the End. :) :) :)

RWGR
09-06-2015, 06:28 PM
You know what's not odd? A Barry thread imploding on itself within an hour of its creation.

The Chronic Liar
09-06-2015, 06:37 PM
He only reads headlines. That's his problem. There is no way that any sane person looks at that article and says "oh ya, this one deserves it's own thread"

BFLPE
09-06-2015, 09:43 PM
LOL this is the entire article. Thanks VOX.com.Yep, and it's followed by "Was this article helpful?"

BFLPE
09-06-2015, 09:45 PM
"The unemployment rate is now lower than it was at any time during Ronald Reagan's presidency"

http://www.vox.com/2015/9/5/9262673/unemployment-rate-obama-reagan

"That said, the labor-force participation rate has fallen since Reagan's day. That's mostly about population aging — there are a lot more retired people now than their used to be — and a little bit about more people being in college, but that doesn't fully explain it. The labor-force participation rate of "prime aged" men between the ages of 25 and 55 has been steadily declining for decades, and in the past 10 years the participation rate for prime aged women has fallen slightly as well."What is it you find odd Barry? And what, if anything, does this article tell you?

The Chronic Liar
09-06-2015, 09:45 PM
Yep, and it's followed by "Was this article helpful?"

Haha ya I thought that was funny. In a perfect world 'yes' wouldn't even be an option.

Barry Morris
09-06-2015, 11:36 PM
What is it you find odd Barry? And what, if anything, does this article tell you?

Thank you for your polite request for clarification.

There is so much nastiness going around about how bad Obama runs things, that it's odd that the unemployment rate is lower. You'd think from the vitriol that there's no way anything could be better under Obama.

The Chronic Liar
09-06-2015, 11:42 PM

There is so much nastiness going around about how bad Obama runs things, that it's odd that the unemployment rate is lower. You'd think from the vitriol that there's no way anything could be better under Obama.

All presidents get it. The beating Bush took from the media is not even on the same scale as Obama. If Obama could run again he would get elected again.

BFLPE
09-06-2015, 11:50 PM

There is so much nastiness going around about how bad Obama runs things, that it's odd that the unemployment rate is lower. You'd think from the vitriol that there's no way anything could be better under Obama.um, that article doesn't say anything is better. It say the unemployment rate is lower but it also says the participation rate has been falling. So one number is better, one number is worse. Without more information you can't say anything is better.

Barry Morris
09-07-2015, 12:07 AM
um, that article doesn't say anything is better. It say the unemployment rate is lower but it also says the participation rate has been falling. So one number is better, one number is worse. Without more information you can't say anything is better.

Yet you just did. Hmmmm.

BFLPE
09-07-2015, 12:20 AM
lol, I figured you'd jump at that.

It's too bad you seemingly don't understand that a 'better', or lower, unemployment number doesn't necessarily mean anything is better.

I wonder what the trend has been in the number of those who have given up looking for work and are therefore no longer included in the unemployment rate.

RWGR
09-07-2015, 04:41 PM
Look who thinks the Obama Economy sucks:

Sounding very much like a candidate for president, today Vice President Joe Biden spoke at an AFL-CIO Labor Day event in Pittsburgh, Pa. "I'm mad, I'm angry," Biden thundered, attacking the U.S. economy as "devastating for workers."

https://grabien.com/story.php?id=36279

Odd that ...

The Chronic Liar
09-07-2015, 06:43 PM
The economy sucks so you should vote for me. If he chooses to run that would be one weird campaign poster.

Barry Morris
09-07-2015, 06:46 PM
The economy sucks so you should vote for me. If he chooses to run that would be one weird campaign poster.

Considering the possible candidates, it might work.

The Chronic Liar
09-07-2015, 07:40 PM
Considering the possible candidates, it might work.

My money is still on Bush winning. It will be another close one. We'll see what Trump does