PDA

View Full Version : Saultites tell us what they think of the Queen

Hans
09-08-2015, 07:35 PM
As of Wednesday, Queen Elizabeth II will become the longest-reigning monarch in British history.

In doing so, she will have surpassed the record set by her great-great-grandmother Queen Victoria, who reigned for 63 years, seven months and two days.

Because of our historical and constitutional ties to Britain, Queen Elizabeth is also Queen of Canada (as well as 15 other states in the 53-member Commonwealth of Nations).

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/details.asp?c=97538

You have to admit, that is a lot of dedication. I cannot imagine working that length of time.

Anapeg
09-08-2015, 09:19 PM
She has done well but admittedly she does not have the toughest job going for her. Being a tourist attraction isn't at all difficult. Eating nothing but the best of the best, never worrying about an unpaid bill, all the while living on the taxpayers dime. Ya, it is amazing she made it this long.

RWGR
09-09-2015, 12:52 PM
Yeah, it must be very difficult being pampered for sixty-some years.

dancingqueen
09-09-2015, 01:41 PM
Yeah, it must be very difficult being pampered for sixty-some years.

I feel her pain... it can be so difficult

The Voice
09-09-2015, 11:01 PM
Just Think? If we didn't have a Queen we'd be... Well American I suppose.

Anapeg
09-10-2015, 09:03 AM
Just Think? If we didn't have a Queen we'd be... Well American I suppose.

You seriously feel She to be the only separation between the U.S. and Canada? That we would simply be absorbed should we Turf her expensive bottom? You sell short your countrymen and their resolve.

BFLPE
09-10-2015, 09:54 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't want to live under the lens Royalty has on them no matter the perks.