PDA

View Full Version : Another Reason to like Mayor Provenzano

KDawg
09-11-2015, 09:50 PM
Sault Mayor Christian Provenzano wants city staff to look into the possibility of reducing the sewer surcharge. The sewer surcharge that is added to the utility bill of PUC customers has been set at 100 percent of the water usage rate since 2002, a notice of motion from Provenzano to council states.
Provenzano is asking council to approve a resolution Monday to direct the Sault's Commissioner of Finance and Treasurer to report back to council with options regarding a reduction of the surcharge, and what can be done to reduce it as of January 2016.
In his message to council, Provenzano urges a reduction in the surcharge because financing of the east end water treatment plant has been completed and approximately $29 million has been accumulated from the surcharge as of January 1, 2015.
http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/details.asp?c=97713

Finally a Sault mayor that is looking out for the taxpayer. Well done Mayor Provenzano!

IMHO
09-11-2015, 10:15 PM
In his message to council, Provenzano urges a reduction in the surcharge because financing of the east end water treatment plant has been completed and approximately $29 million has been accumulated from the surcharge as of January 1, 2015.
The above is from the SOOTODAY article.

I would like to know why the PUC is allowed to ACCUMULATE 29 million in reserves while the Soo taxyaer is saddled with ever rising PUC bills.

Hans
09-11-2015, 10:30 PM
I never understood why it is a 100% of the water usage rate.
I don't return 100% of my used water as waste water.

The Chronic Liar
09-11-2015, 11:18 PM
I like him so far for the most part. The negative part of me which is probably 90% of my makeup is still wondering what Mayor Deb ever did.

IMHO
09-11-2015, 11:35 PM
I like him so far for the most part. The negative part of me which is probably 90% of my makeup is still wondering what Mayor Deb ever did.

She did whatever Joe told her to.

riggs
09-12-2015, 12:11 AM
She did whatever Joe told her to.

Can't argue that...

b&aMom
09-12-2015, 02:48 PM
I would like to know why the PUC is allowed to ACCUMULATE 29 million in reserves while the Soo taxyaer is saddled with ever rising PUC bills.

PUC only adds the sewer charge on their bill to collect it on behalf of the city. The city is the recipient of all sewer charge fees, and the city sets what the sewer charge rate is. The PUC doesn't keep it.