PDA

View Full Version : Loosing my faith in Canadians..

dancingqueen
09-11-2015, 11:40 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/poll-tracker/2015/index.html

Seriously?????
The blues should not be this close after the many farces Harper is responsible for.... Like what does he stand for that is good?????
Muzzling scientists.... Cause we don't wanna hear it unless we agree with it said every conservative ever.
Creating imagined fear over terrorism and bulldozing over our basic rights
Randomly declaring places "occupied by terrorists" and not allowing Canadians to go there....
Some very terrifying similarities with him and Hitler.... and I don't like it, and the Liberals support this.... Liberal my rosy red keister....
Like do we think for ourselves, or do we just blindly follow our part like cows to the slaughter....
I swear, if This bag of male reproductive organs gets into office for another term, I'm seriously looking at my options of getting the hell outta Dodge.

dancingqueen
09-11-2015, 11:41 PM
And I'm not even drunk yet....

The Chronic Liar
09-12-2015, 12:14 AM
I think you better start packing now then.

Barry Morris
09-12-2015, 01:12 AM
There is nowhere else to go.

RWGR
09-12-2015, 08:07 AM
There is nowhere else to go.

That's a great defense for Canada

Anapeg
09-12-2015, 09:17 AM
That's a great defense for Canada

Not at all, it is a sad admonition of politics world wide.

Barry Morris
09-12-2015, 09:37 AM
Not at all, it is a sad admonition of politics world wide.

Precisely.

I sure would move to a country where I'm afraid to go into towns and cities while travelling.

No such fear in Canada.

RWGR
09-12-2015, 01:10 PM
As long as you don't mind being the main course...

Luka Magnotta admits killing and dismembering lover Jun Lin in Montreal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2816267/Accused-Canada-dismemberment-trial-troubled-childhood-father-says.html#ixzz3lXrdGtQi

A Chinese immigrant who beheaded and cannibalized a fellow passenger on a Greyhound bus in western Canada four years ago thought he was attacking an alien, according to a mental health advocate who interviewed him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/man-beheaded-ate-fellow-passenger-greyhound-bus-thought-attacking-alien-mental-health-advocate-article-1.1083031

Anapeg
09-12-2015, 02:52 PM
As long as you don't mind being the main course...

Luka Magnotta admits killing and dismembering lover Jun Lin in Montreal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2816267/Accused-Canada-dismemberment-trial-troubled-childhood-father-says.html#ixzz3lXrdGtQi

A Chinese immigrant who beheaded and cannibalized a fellow passenger on a Greyhound bus in western Canada four years ago thought he was attacking an alien, according to a mental health advocate who interviewed him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/man-beheaded-ate-fellow-passenger-greyhound-bus-thought-attacking-alien-mental-health-advocate-article-1.1083031

2012 and 2014, yup, Canada is going to Hell in a hand basket. That would make for a quiet afternoon in say, New York, Las Angeles, or in the back woods of Georgia for that matter. You will have to do better than this if you wish to draw comparisons between the U.S. and Canada.

RWGR
09-12-2015, 06:18 PM
2012 and 2014, yup, Canada is going to Hell in a hand basket. That would make for a quiet afternoon in say, New York, Las Angeles, or in the back woods of Georgia for that matter. You will have to do better than this if you wish to draw comparisons between the U.S. and Canada.

Your anger is understandable.

You mention two cities with a combined population of 12.5 million, within a country of 317 million. You'll have to do much, much better than that.

But again, do not be embarrassed of your anger. While palpable, it is warranted.

Anapeg
09-12-2015, 07:09 PM

You mention two cities with a combined population of 12.5 million, within a country of 317 million. You'll have to do much, much better than that.

But again, do not be embarrassed of your anger. While palpable, it is warranted.

Stuck for an substantive answer yet again I see. Now, will you try to maintain an adult level or want to stick with the school yard stuff? I refuse to waste time with your puerile dodging I left that behind as an emerging teen.

Barry Morris
09-12-2015, 07:35 PM

You do realize how childish your anger comments are???

All have to do, Anapeg is mention "per capita".

BFLPE
09-12-2015, 11:12 PM
https://www.wordans.ca/wvc-1417648751/wordansfiles/images/2014/12/3/283444/283444_340.jpg

RWGR
09-13-2015, 09:05 AM
So you can't defend the fact you tried to use 4% of the population to make a sweeping generalization about the entire country.

I will accept your emotional response to say we can now move on, you've been bested.

RWGR
09-13-2015, 09:09 AM
You do realize how childish your anger comments are???

But turning DQ's thread about Canada immediately into another anti-American tirade is mature?

RWGR
09-13-2015, 09:10 AM
All have to do, Anapeg is mention "per capita".

Please do! You'll play right into my hands

BFLPE
09-13-2015, 01:13 PM
Precisely.

I sure would move to a country where I'm afraid to go into towns and cities while travelling.

No such fear in Canada.Whether you have the fear or not there are places within our Country such fear would be justified.

How did we go from DQ equating Harper to Hitler to this?

Barry Morris
09-13-2015, 01:28 PM
But turning DQ's thread about Canada immediately into another anti-American tirade is mature?

I didn't say which country in post 7. Your assumptions are an admission of the truth.

BFLPE
09-13-2015, 01:42 PM
I didn't say which country in post 7.So which Country were you referring to when you stated you would move there?

Barry Morris
09-13-2015, 01:59 PM
So which Country were you referring to when you stated you would move there?

I'm pretty sure it's clear that I would NOT be moving to such a country.

As to which one, that can be our little secret!! :) :) :)

BFLPE
09-13-2015, 02:49 PM
... that can be our little secret!! :) :) :)I find that statement to be oddly disturbing.

RWGR
09-13-2015, 03:05 PM
Ewwwww...

dancingqueen
09-14-2015, 02:16 PM
Barry, please leave your thinly veiled anti American rhetoric to yourself, or create your own thread. America can at least impeach their ruler for blatantly not doing 5heir job... all we can do in Canada is make "a shucks, let's make another joke about how all politicians lie" we are far to passive and need to make changes to our political processes our passivness in all things political will be our downfall.

RWGR, I'm not familiar with impeachment process, I understand it is not an easy task, but I am curious

Anapeg
09-14-2015, 03:59 PM
Barry, please leave your thinly veiled anti American rhetoric to yourself, or create your own thread. America can at least impeach their ruler for blatantly not doing 5heir job... all we can do in Canada is make "a shucks, let's make another joke about how all politicians lie" we are far to passive and need to make changes to our political processes our passivness in all things political will be our downfall.

RWGR, I'm not familiar with impeachment process, I understand it is not an easy task, but I am curious

Technically Prime Ministers can be fired but not in practice. As long as the house has faith in the sitting PM he has work. Failing that, his whole government is turfed. In 1926 the King had Prime Minister Mackenzie King (1874-1950) fired but he was nuts as I recall. The King called for the Governor General to have him vacate the position. So, there you have it, typically Canadian, clear as mud and up in the air.

RWGR
09-14-2015, 04:45 PM

Yeah, it was made to be a difficult process, lest we try to impeach every president with whom we disagree.

Basically Congress has to get the ball rolling. The people can't just rise up and start impeachment, at least directly. They can do so through their elected representatives, in both the House and Senate. The House brings up the charges, and then if they fly the impeachment process takes place in the Senate.

2/3 of the senate must find a president (or any elected official or Supreme Court Justice) guilty. That number is not easy to get in a Congress that is usually divided down the middle. But that's a good thing, because that way you can be sure it will be a very serious crime that throws one out of office, not just petty political squabbles, which may happen if it was just a bare majority that could vote to impeach.

Barry Morris
09-14-2015, 08:33 PM
Barry, please leave your thinly veiled anti American rhetoric to yourself, or create your own thread.....

I could have been referring to many countries, especially in Central America. Also Europe.

But your vitriol confirms the worst. Thanks, DQ! :) :) :)

RWGR
09-15-2015, 05:26 PM
Don't worry about Barry, guys. He's trying to stir up the 'us v them' shtick, because he feels it's the only way he can get you guys against me, and with him.

But it won't ever happen.

He's made his Soonet bed, now he needs to lie in it, no matter how uncomfortable it is.

Barry Morris
09-15-2015, 05:39 PM
Don't worry about Barry, guys. He's trying to stir up the 'us v them' shtick, because he feels it's the only way he can get you guys against me, and with him.

But it won't ever happen.

He's made his Soonet bed, now he needs to lie in it, no matter how uncomfortable it is.

Sure, sure.

dancingqueen
09-15-2015, 06:10 PM
Technically Prime Ministers can be fired but not in practice. As long as the house has faith in the sitting PM he has work. Failing that, his whole government is turfed. In 1926 the King had Prime Minister Mackenzie King (1874-1950) fired but he was nuts as I recall. The King called for the Governor General to have him vacate the position. So, there you have it, typically Canadian, clear as mud and up in the air.

So is it our queen this authority would fall upon? I wonder what the requirements would be... I have always felt there should be safeguards for abuse of power.

Anapeg
09-15-2015, 06:41 PM
So is it our queen this authority would fall upon? I wonder what the requirements would be... I have always felt there should be safeguards for abuse of power.

Technically there is, a vote of non confidence. There has been six- Arthur Meighen (1926) - loss of supply, John George Diefenbaker (1963) - loss of supply as a result of cabinet revolt, Pierre Elliott Trudeau (1974) - loss of supply, Joe Clark (1979) - loss of supply, Paul Martin (2005) - opposition triggered motion, Stephen Harper (2011) - opposition triggered motion as a result of contempt of Parliament finding. I have no clue what "loss of supply" refers to, sorry. Speaking to the Queens authority, she still has her chosen representative here in the form of the Governor General who, I would assume can at the behest of the Queen, fire the PM. Mackenzie King was nuts and therefore displaced.

dancingqueen
09-16-2015, 05:48 PM
So to remove a PM from office via "vote of no confidence" I assume would be virtually impossible with a majority gov't?
If so, doesn't that sound like a self defeating motion?

Barry Morris
09-16-2015, 06:34 PM
So to remove a PM from office via "vote of no confidence" I assume would be virtually impossible with a majority gov't?
If so, doesn't that sound like a self defeating motion?

The PM is the leader of that majority government, NOT a separate power.

dancingqueen
09-16-2015, 08:13 PM
Considering that the Party leader leads the party I would assume my question is still valid.
Please explain if I am incorrect.

Anapeg
09-16-2015, 09:03 PM
Considering that the Party leader leads the party I would assume my question is still valid.
Please explain if I am incorrect.

Non confidence is non confidence in the whole of whosoever governs, not just the leader. To fire the leader one needs fire the whole party thus dissolving parliament, a task almost solely the provenience of the Queen (see dissolving Parliament pre election).