PDA

View Full Version : All those LIBERAL promises

IMHO
09-13-2015, 10:22 AM
Almost daily...you can count on Terry to promise just about everything except the moon. Does he and his party really believe they will do all they promise? I give voters a little more credit...they are becoming more politically savvy and will not fall for the rhetoric. If past experiences count then The Liberal party...IF elected...will simply say THE MESS LEFT BEHIND BY THE CONSERVATIVES was worse than they thought...so...they cannot keep all the promises made.

Barry Morris
09-13-2015, 01:30 PM
Yup, that's a correct assessment, historically.

Anapeg
09-13-2015, 03:28 PM
Yup, that's a correct assessment, historically.

They all three, lie, cheat and take care of themselves and their cronies, voters be damned. It has come to a point where they are not even taking the time to hide what they do. There is not one worthy of respect never mind our vote.

IMHO
09-13-2015, 03:41 PM
They all three, lie, cheat and take care of themselves and their cronies, voters be damned. It has come to a point where they are not even taking the time to hide what they do. There is not one worthy of respect never mind our vote.

So....will you bother to vote Anapeg? I agree...they are all out for themselves. I cannot get excited about any of the local candidates. Hayes....gotta go

Sheehan...represents my ward, lives in another ward...only hear from him just before every election when he drops a pamphlet in my mailbox.....Morrison...unknown quantity to me.

Anapeg
09-13-2015, 07:34 PM
So....will you bother to vote Anapeg? I agree...they are all out for themselves. I cannot get excited about any of the local candidates. Hayes....gotta go

Sheehan...represents my ward, lives in another ward...only hear from him just before every election when he drops a pamphlet in my mailbox.....Morrison...unknown quantity to me.

I have never not voted since 1970 I am serious when I say I will not know until I put pencil to paper on election day. I have a good idea now, but things change.

IMHO
09-13-2015, 07:43 PM
I have never not voted since 1970 I am serious when I say I will not know until I put pencil to paper on election day. I have a good idea now, but things change.

I think there are many undecided voters this time out. It is a sad commentary when one cannot find anyone on the list that they trust enough to vote for. I do however believe it is my duty to pick one and vote...albeit I will be holding my nose as I do it.

IMHO
09-14-2015, 02:20 PM
Once again....today.....Terry is promising the moon. I think most people do not even care anymore. They have been had by the 2 major parties and are poised to be had by the NDP. I guess we need a CANADIAN DONALD TRUMP.

Reckidecky
09-14-2015, 06:36 PM
Politics has become an absolute farce! Disgraceful! Impossible to pick one over the other if you ask me. Way to many levels of government and has just become a bunch of self serving narcissists. Just thinking about the corruption, failed policies, constantly expanding nanny state and how this country has been destroyed from its former glory is extremely disheartening...God help us.

Barry Morris
09-15-2015, 02:16 PM
Poor Justin.

Today's laugh.

http://blogs.canoe.com/davidakin/politics/when-a-war-room-fails-a-leader-trudeau-truthiness-and-the-economy/

Barry Morris
09-15-2015, 02:20 PM
Or an alternative??

Nope.

http://www.liberal.ca/leaked-ndp-platform-documents-confirm-mulcair-cant-pay-for-promises/

"CTV reported that despite Mulcair’s pledge to invest $1.3 billion annually in new transit, the leaked documents show the full amount would not flow until 2020 – five years from now."

Anapeg
09-15-2015, 02:44 PM
Or an alternative??

Nope.

http://www.liberal.ca/leaked-ndp-platform-documents-confirm-mulcair-cant-pay-for-promises/

"CTV reported that despite Mulcair’s pledge to invest $1.3 billion annually in new transit, the leaked documents show the full amount would not flow until 2020 – five years from now."

Information on a need to know basis and he figured the voters would not be interested in boring details.

Barry Morris
09-15-2015, 04:57 PM
Information on a need to know basis and he figured the voters would not be interested in boring details.

Maybe he figured wrong.

Not that it make a difference to me.

Bluesky
09-16-2015, 10:21 AM
Poor Justin.

Today's laugh.

http://blogs.canoe.com/davidakin/politics/when-a-war-room-fails-a-leader-trudeau-truthiness-and-the-economy/

That had to hurt.

Barry Morris
09-17-2015, 10:48 AM
That had to hurt.

It makes me wonder who is controlling that pretty face.

Anapeg
09-17-2015, 03:26 PM
It makes me wonder who is controlling that pretty face.

That right there, that is the problem. The person you "vote" for is only a front man, a puppet if you will. They all have to follow party lines. They are the good looking person on the desk who forwards the information back to the boss, or "party". "The Party" then tells him what to say and do. The further they are from party headquarters the less influence they wield. The day of civil servant being anything more than catch words is long dead.

IMHO
09-17-2015, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=Anapeg;769469]That right there, that is the problem. The person you "vote" for is only a front man, a puppet if you will. They all have to follow party lines. They are the good looking person on the desk who forwards the information back to the boss, or "party". "The Party" then tells him what to say and do. The further they are from party headquarters the less influence they wield.AA The day of civil servant being anything more than catch words is long dead.[/QU

All these press releases come from party headquarters...they are too polished to be local...lol

Magneto
09-26-2015, 01:39 PM
Both the Liberals and NDPs are shooting themselves in the foot in a serious way.... and we get to watch the carnage.

The Liberals - "We will not be purchasing the F35 fighter jets."
The NDP - "We're going to do some feasibility studies and go back to the table and negotiate the purchase of new fighter jets."

A deal's already been made. Other countries are involved in what can be compared to as a tactically sound "Group Buy" -- if we all have the same fighter jets....sourcing replacement parts and performing maintenance and upgrades on the fleet will be exponentially easier as all countries involved are working with the same equipment.

Gotta love how the Liberals and NDP are more than happy to screw us over, and screw other countries over at the same time.

We're using a decommissioned cruise liner as a frigging supply ship for the Canadian military for crying out loud!

IMHO
09-26-2015, 03:56 PM
Both the Liberals and NDPs are shooting themselves in the foot in a serious way.... and we get to watch the carnage.

The Liberals - "We will not be purchasing the F35 fighter jets."
The NDP - "We're going to do some feasibility studies and go back to the table and negotiate the purchase of new fighter jets."

A deal's already been made. Other countries are involved in what can be compared to as a tactically sound "Group Buy" -- if we all have the same fighter jets....sourcing replacement parts and performing maintenance and upgrades on the fleet will be exponentially easier as all countries involved are working with the same equipment.

Gotta love how the Liberals and NDP are more than happy to screw us over, and screw other countries over at the same time.

We're using a decommissioned cruise liner as a frigging supply ship for the Canadian military for crying out loud!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....who should I vote for? They are all pretty much the same.

Barry Morris
09-26-2015, 09:45 PM
"Better the devil you know...."

RW hates that I vote for this guy.

Magneto
09-27-2015, 02:25 PM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....who should I vote for? They are all pretty much the same.

That's tricky.... and strictly speaking with the military funding....
The PCs don't want to change the deal we have set in motion...
The Liberals want to scrap the whole military upgrade.
The NDPs.... want to scrap the current negotiation and want to spend more money on doing research so they can come up with the same answer......of purchasing F35 fighter jets.

So... its:

Liberals don't want to spend money on the military at all....

The NDP.... want to spend more of our money on a feasibility study... to tell them how to spend the money that was already ear-marked for military funding.

The PCs plan to spend the pre-discussed amount to purchase new jets...which have been in the talks for a while.

Not expressing any political views here.... but in this matter... the PCs are the ones who are ahead of the curve.