PDA

View Full Version : Reading Comprehension 101?

The Voice
09-20-2015, 08:29 PM
Anyone who claims saying someone is wrong and calling them a liar is the same thing, obviously doesn't really have a high level of reading comprehension.

But I guess that's what a grade 10 education gets you.

Barry Morris
09-20-2015, 08:54 PM
You only have grade 10??

Anapeg
09-21-2015, 08:45 AM
We went through this specific thing a while back.It is all about peoples perceptions, command of the language and it's nuances. We permanently lost some posters over that. There are some that will deliberately twist a word to give them the moral high ground. Just know which you are dealing with. Feelings are a fragile thing.

IMHO
09-21-2015, 09:22 AM
We went through this specific thing a while back.It is all about peoples perceptions, command of the language and it's nuances. We permanently lost some posters over that. There are some that will deliberately twist a word to give them the moral high ground. Just know which you are dealing with. Feelings are a fragile thing.

methinks we lost a ton of posters...for may reasons. This is the only local site where you can freely start topics without going through Facebook. Am I the only one who does not belong to Facebook?

BFLPE
09-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Anyone who claims saying someone is wrong and calling them a liar is the same thing, obviously doesn't really have a high level of reading comprehension.

But I guess that's what a grade 10 education gets you.I don't think you're completely accurate in that statement.

Liar.

Anapeg
09-21-2015, 12:25 PM
methinks we lost a ton of posters...for may reasons. This is the only local site where you can freely start topics without going through Facebook. Am I the only one who does not belong to Facebook?

I know of a couple who still refuse to partake in Facebook. I do as our family is spreading out across the land and Facebook offers free video chat.

RWGR
09-21-2015, 06:01 PM

Just ask Morris Albert

RWGR
09-21-2015, 06:04 PM
I know of a couple who still refuse to partake in Facebook. I do as our family is spreading out across the land and Facebook offers free video chat.

Skype is a better option.

My daughter lives 3,000 miles away, and, by golly, I know what's going on with her; talk to her at least twice per week. All without the miracle of Facebook.

Barry Morris
09-21-2015, 06:32 PM
Sure you do.

RWGR
09-21-2015, 06:32 PM
Oh, I don't talk to her twice per week?

To have a wonderful adult relationship with your children is an experience beyond words. My wish is that someday you'll experience as much, too.

Barry Morris
09-21-2015, 08:57 PM
Oh, I don't talk to her twice per week?

To have a wonderful adult relationship with your children is an experience beyond words. My wish is that someday you'll experience as much, too.

Really. How kind.

Anapeg
09-22-2015, 10:26 AM
Skype is a better option.

My daughter lives 3,000 miles away, and, by golly, I know what's going on with her; talk to her at least twice per week. All without the miracle of Facebook.

We used to use Skype then my daughter started having problems with the camera syncing up so she dropped it rather than fix it. Kids... As for Facebook, I have learned much since joining. People I never thought complained have proven to be constant whiners. Freedom of speech is a fallacy. Freedom of speech lasts as long as someone does not take offence. Others have the right to voice your opinion but I must keep my opinion to myself. Oh, and the pictures of someones supper just sets my senses into hyper-drive. Really, you ought try it, it is just the bees knees. Obviously I have no clue as to why I waste my time.

Barry Morris
09-22-2015, 10:44 AM
We used to use Skype then my daughter started having problems with the camera syncing up so she dropped it rather than fix it. Kids... As for Facebook, I have learned much since joining. People I never thought complained have proven to be constant whiners. Freedom of speech is a fallacy. Freedom of speech lasts as long as someone does not take offence. Others have the right to voice your opinion but I must keep my opinion to myself. Oh, and the pictures of someones supper just sets my senses into hyper-drive. Really, you ought try it, it is just the bees knees. Obviously I have no clue as to why I waste my time.

Facebook is only for those with nothing to hide.

RWGR
09-22-2015, 11:57 AM

When did you delete your account?

Anapeg
09-22-2015, 02:25 PM

Me saying I love you to a pretty 37 year old woman and her kids is about as racy as it gets.

dancingqueen
09-23-2015, 01:11 PM
Am I the only one who does not belong to Facebook?

I'm so unique and special, look how cool I am by not conforming to 5he conformist. It's a hard life, but I do it for the people *hair swish*

Bluesky
09-25-2015, 09:06 AM
Me saying I love you to a pretty 37 year old woman and her kids is about as racy as it gets.

Yeah, I say that to my daughters a lot. :)

RWGR
09-25-2015, 11:50 AM
Kudos, gentlemen, for telling your daughters you love them