PDA

View Full Version : Not quite sure...

Barry Morris
09-20-2015, 11:14 PM
...what to make of this.

“Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Jehovah, Allah. These are all names employed to describe an entity that is distinctly the same across the world. For centuries, blood has been needlessly shed because of the desire to segregate our faiths. This, however, should be the very concept which unites us as people, as nations, and as a world bound by faith. Together, we can bring about an unprecedented age of peace, all we need to achieve such a state is respect each others beliefs, for we are all children of God regardless of the name we choose to address him by. We can accomplish miraculous things in the world by merging our faiths, and the time for such a movement is now. No longer shall we slaughter our neighbors over differences in reference to their God.”

I read somewhere that one of those guys said, "No one comes to the Father but by me!"

No wonder many Christians equate Revelation's Babylon with Rome.

RWGR
09-21-2015, 05:45 PM
Listen, you Protestants in here have had a rough go of it the last few days. Even Blue is striking out in emotionalism and anger.

Sorry, boys, but the truth is the truth, and this Catholic lay person wiped the floor with certain Protestants the last few days!

and let's not forget, the Pope is coming here, amid much fanfare and adulation. He is THE rock star of Christianity, no Protestant even comes close.

That has to hurt, too.

:) :) :)

RWGR
09-21-2015, 06:16 PM
Since when is the pontiff, the head of the Roman Catholic Church, a tourist attraction?

Since now, since Pope Francis, whose appearance on the world stage since his election in 2013 has electrified the world in a way that is unmatched by any of his predecessors.

A recent study by Pew Research Center gave Pope Francis a 90 percent approval rating among Catholics and an impressive 70 percent approval rating among non-Catholics.

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/tour-operators/pope-francis-popularity-is-generating-new-tours-and-travel.html

Sorry boys, but Truth attracts people.

Barry Morris
09-21-2015, 06:22 PM
Interesting deflection.

RWGR
09-21-2015, 06:24 PM
Not deflecting at all, just not going to pretend your overt emotional outburst and seething anger equate to anything worth debating.

you're lashing out for now. And, truth be told, you probably should.

Barry Morris
09-21-2015, 06:28 PM
Yup, he's given up. Not a single response to the topics in four different threads, except attacks.

I think the anger you feel in nearer than you think. Check your mirror.

RWGR
09-21-2015, 06:29 PM
Looking forward to a less-emotional engagement soon.

Barry Morris
09-21-2015, 07:21 PM
...what to make of this.

“Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Jehovah, Allah. These are all names employed to describe an entity that is distinctly the same across the world. For centuries, blood has been needlessly shed because of the desire to segregate our faiths. This, however, should be the very concept which unites us as people, as nations, and as a world bound by faith. Together, we can bring about an unprecedented age of peace, all we need to achieve such a state is respect each others beliefs, for we are all children of God regardless of the name we choose to address him by. We can accomplish miraculous things in the world by merging our faiths, and the time for such a movement is now. No longer shall we slaughter our neighbors over differences in reference to their God.”

I read somewhere that one of those guys said, "No one comes to the Father but by me!"

No answer?? Your Pope is leading you astray!!!

RWGR
09-21-2015, 07:23 PM
Wanting peace is going astray? Saying all humans are children of God is offensive?

What preacher told you that?

The good news is your next preacher will probably contradict your current one, and all will be good again!

Barry Morris
09-21-2015, 07:25 PM
What you ignore is very telling.

TTFN.

RWGR
09-21-2015, 07:28 PM
And you totally ignore my question

And don't you mean TTUBCTSM?

RWGR
09-21-2015, 07:34 PM
LOL, Barry falls for another one again!!

Drudge Report Falls For Fake Story About 'Antichrist' Pope Merging Islam And Christianity - See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/drudge-report-falls-fake-story-about-antichrist-pope-merging-islam-and-christianity#sthash.jKbdXON0.dpuf

Matt Drudge linked to a post on the matter by Jennifer LeClaire, the Charisma news editor who issues “prophetic” warnings about how gays are possessed by demons and will work with Satan to ban straight marriage.

LeClaire cited a report about the Pope trying to merge Islam and Christianity from a site, washingtonpost.com.co — not the Washington Post’s actual website — that she admits seems untrustworthy:

And no, Francis did not make the remarks, as that story comes from the National Report, which like washingtonpost.com.co is a fake news outlet. Other Religious Right websites like the Christian Post and BarbWire also fell for the fake story.

There it is: LeClaire cites a fake story, admits that it came from “Internet rags that tend to publish misleading information,” but uses it since “the fact that so many Christians took it as truth without a second blink is telling,” and the Drudge Report announces to its readers that Pope Francis may be the Antichrist.

- See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/drudge-report-falls-fake-story-about-antichrist-pope-merging-islam-and-christianity#sthash.jKbdXON0.dpuf

http://media.giphy.com/media/oIR6xeOffCEBa/giphy.gif

RWGR
09-21-2015, 07:38 PM
You wonder why Barry's original post contained no link?

Because he knew it was a lie. But he wanted you to believe it.

How Christian.

Like many, I too thought washingtonpost.com.co is the website of The Washington Post newspaper. But I increasingly became perplexed because:

The article is undated and has no author.

The article contains an obvious gross mistake — that “St. John Paul II has courted several controversies since being elected as Pope Benedicto XVI’s replacement in 2013.” It was Bergoglio who succeeded Pope Benedict XVI; the latter had succeeded Pope (and now Saint) John Paul II.

Still thinking the website was The Washington Post, I attempted to leave a comment, but saw that one must first “log in.” But the site provides no way for a reader to log in.

The website also provides no way for a reader to contact them.

That was when I realized washingtonpost.com.co is a fake news site, like The Onion and its imitators — lesser-known but equally fraudulent and downright evil websites, such as World News Daily Report and Washington Weekly News.

http://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2015/08/03/did-pope-francis-really-say-the-koran-and-bible-are-the-same/

credibility, it's gone, long gone

RWGR
09-21-2015, 07:39 PM
There's a report circulating that Pope Francis said some shocking things to "followers" Monday. According to "National Report," the Pope told an audience that, "Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Jehovah, Allah... are all names for an entity that is distinctly the same across the world." He went on to place the Bible on the same level as the Koran, and spoke of "merging our faiths."

Never happened, but that hasn't stopped message boards on the lunatic fringe from railing against Francis as "the antichrist."

http://corbiniansbear.blogspot.com/2015/01/pope-hoax.html

So there it is, a certain poster, in his emotional rage and frighteningly insatiable desire to slam the RCC and the pope, tried to drag his fellow Protestants into 'the lunatic fringe'.

RWGR
09-21-2015, 08:12 PM

Because they have preconceived notions they want to be true, truth be damned.

Sad, isn't it??

Barry Morris
09-21-2015, 08:15 PM
....So there it is, a certain poster, in his emotional rage and frighteningly insatiable desire to slam the RCC and the pope, tried to drag his fellow Protestants into 'the lunatic fringe'.

Interesting.

Thank you for the clarification, and correction. I apologize for posting it without checking.

RWGR
09-21-2015, 08:21 PM
I wish it was an apology that was easy to take.

But your original post carried no link, no source. Of course that was on purpose; it wasn't an oversight, or mistake.

You flung dung, hoping it would stick.

Is that what this place has become now?

Count me out.

Barry Morris
09-21-2015, 08:50 PM
I wish it was an apology that was easy to take.

But your original post carried no link, no source. Of course that was on purpose; it wasn't an oversight, or mistake.

You flung dung, hoping it would stick.

Is that what this place has become now?

Count me out.

No, it was not on purpose. It was an error. I could give you a link, but sisnce it was a fake, there would be no point.

Of all the Roman Catholics I know, there's only one I can't get along with, and who has refused all approaches of friendship. That would be you, RW.

RWGR
09-22-2015, 09:22 AM
No, it was not on purpose. It was an error. I could give you a link, but sisnce it was a fake, there would be no point.

Of all the Roman Catholics I know, there's only one I can't get along with, and who has refused all approaches of friendship. That would be you, RW.

Knowingly posting false information about the Pope and the RCC, so as to make people contemplate if Rome truly is the ***** of Babylon, is a gesture of friendship that is unique to you, Barry.

Only you could try to make yourself out as the victim here.

You're upset you got caught, not that you did it.

Barry Morris
09-22-2015, 10:34 AM
Knowingly posting false information about the Pope and the RCC, so as to make people contemplate if Rome truly is the ***** of Babylon, is a gesture of friendship that is unique to you, Barry.

Only you could try to make yourself out as the victim here.

You're upset you got caught, not that you did it.

I have to wonder why you always need people to be upset??

I noted that one link I saw had 68,000 plus shares. Obviously I was not the only one who didn't check.

As to what you believe, I think I recognize your motives, and of course, I don't have to answer to you.

Anapeg
09-22-2015, 10:37 AM
Not deflecting at all, just not going to pretend your overt emotional outburst and seething anger equate to anything worth debating.

you're lashing out for now. And, truth be told, you probably should.

You are behaving in a manner exactly opposite to the post. You chose rather to drive the wedge deeper. Where all worshipers content to worship in their own way and leave others do the same, more may choose to follow. To an outsider watching, you all follow the same guy but fight to the death over who is more right.

RWGR
09-22-2015, 12:00 PM
You are behaving in a manner exactly opposite to the post. You chose rather to drive the wedge deeper. Where all worshipers content to worship in their own way and leave others do the same, more may choose to follow. To an outsider watching, you all follow the same guy but fight to the death over who is more right.

Yes, let's totally overlook his immature and sad attempt to use a lie to try and demean people.

Anapeg
09-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Yes, let's totally overlook his immature and sad attempt to use a lie to try and demean people.

You are both tarred with the same stick. Bull headed and always right. Then you both sniff around always on the lookout for some perceived slight to start an argument over. The pair of you get butt hurt over some of the damnedest things. Many of us enjoy the antics. We all defer to Blue as our go to guy for disseminating truth and sanity.

RWGR
09-22-2015, 05:01 PM
You are both tarred with the same stick. Bull headed and always right. Then you both sniff around always on the lookout for some perceived slight to start an argument over. The pair of you get butt hurt over some of the damnedest things.

Give it a rest. No one purposely posts a false article in order to make a point like he did. Many of us disagree on many things, but no one has knowingly taken it to the depths he just did.

Many of us enjoy the antics.

Of course you do, or else you wouldn't be here all the time. Yet that doesn't stop you from moaning and complaining about it all.

I guess that happens at a certain age. :)

We all defer to Blue as our go to guy for disseminating truth and sanity.

Sanity, maybe..truth, well, at times, but not always.

Barry Morris
09-22-2015, 07:39 PM
I don't really wonder why it took ole Winger so long to pick up on that fake news article.

Probably planning to work his way around it first, before he found out it was fake.

Ya know Anapeg, I'm really not all that concerned about being right. No matter what I believe or defend, I know I have some of it wrong. It's inevitable.

I'm just trusting God, and don't need to condemn my fellow man for making mistakes.

Bluesky
09-23-2015, 09:33 AM

His high school debate tactics turn me off. I enjoy it when we can have a mature discussion though. That doesnt happen very often.

Barry Morris
09-23-2015, 02:05 PM
His high school debate tactics turn me off. I enjoy it when we can have a mature discussion though. That doesn't happen very often.

It was going for a while.

RWGR
09-24-2015, 10:22 AM
Blue is mad, for good reason. And, he needs to be seen as a martyr every so often...helps feed large egos and such.

Tell me, how does one debate when you simply turn a blind eye to a fellow Protestant posting known lies to 'win' a point?

Bluesky
09-24-2015, 10:31 AM
Blue is mad, for good reason. ...

Exhibit A.

Oh wait. Soc, is that you?

RWGR
09-24-2015, 10:35 AM
Exhibit A.

Oh wait. Soc, is that you?

Exhibit B, see above

Bluesky
09-24-2015, 02:34 PM
Tell me, how does one debate when you simply turn a blind eye to a fellow Protestant posting known lies to 'win' a point?

Unsubstantiated accusation. The absence of a link does not mean it is an attempt to lie or deceive. You are judging him unjustifiably. You would have to be inside his head to know this for sure. It might be a lie. It might not be. You do not know.

Barry Morris
09-24-2015, 03:31 PM
Nobody "wins" like that.

RWGR
09-24-2015, 04:32 PM
Unsubstantiated accusation. The absence of a link does not mean it is an attempt to lie or deceive. You are judging him unjustifiably. You would have to be inside his head to know this for sure. It might be a lie. It might not be. You do not know.

When you post a quote with no citation at all, you are doing so for a reason. Hell, we didn't even know who the quote was supposedly from.

I know you wished it was true. But, alas, truth must win out.

Barry Morris
09-24-2015, 04:38 PM
When you post a quote with no citation at all, you are doing so for a reason. Hell, we didn't even know who the quote was supposedly from.

I know you wished it was true. But, alas, truth must win out.

Blue accused me of always wanting the last word. "He who laughs last..." and all that.

Guess I should apologize for leaving out the link, too. You got it!!!

Not too hard to find, though!!!

RWGR
09-24-2015, 04:41 PM
Blue accused me of always wanting the last word. "He who laughs last..." and all that.

Guess I should apologize for leaving out the link, too. You got it!!!

Not too hard to find, though!!!

It was easy to find out it was a fake story. Funny, you couldn't seem to find out, though.

Barry Morris
09-24-2015, 04:45 PM
It was easy to find out it was a fake story. Funny, you couldn't seem to find out, though.

Took you a while. You posted six times before even THINKING about checking it out. You were too busy deflecting, and desperately hoping the Pope was wrong or had been misquoted. THEN you found out the scam. Congratulations, you found it first!!!

Those who really care?? 0.

RWGR
09-24-2015, 04:49 PM
Took you a while. You posted six times before even THINKING about checking it out. You were too busy deflecting, and desperately hoping the Pope was wrong or had been misquoted. THEN you found out the scam. Congratulations, you found it first!!!

Those who really care?? 0.

I didn't even read it until a few posts in. And knowing it was from you I knew it would be quite simple to find out what really happened, not what you hoped happened.

But, I'm glad you don't care that you got caught trying to perpetrate a lie, all to score some cheap points. Shows character.

Not to mention, so very, very Christian!! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
09-24-2015, 04:52 PM
I didn't even read it until a few posts in. And knowing it was from you I knew it would be quite simple to find out what really happened, not what you hoped happened.

But, I'm glad you don't care that you got caught trying to perpetrate a lie, all to score some cheap points. Shows character.

Not to mention, so very, very Christian!! :) :) :)

Not worried about your judgement of my motives.

You make it so easy!!!

RWGR
09-24-2015, 04:53 PM
Keep posting, the true character is bubbling to the surface!!! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
09-24-2015, 04:55 PM
Keep posting, the true character is bubbling to the surface!!! :) :) :)

Hey, bud, one of us is out in the open. And not concerned about it.

Gotta Run, supper time!!

RWGR
09-24-2015, 04:56 PM
Hey, bud, one of us is out in the open. And not concerned about it.

But a whole other side of that person 'out in the open' has appeared...and it ain't pretty

Gotta Run, supper time!!

Me, too...pizza!!! :) :) :)