PDA

View Full Version : From Antichrist to Brother in Christ: How Protestant Pastors View the Pope

RWGR
09-26-2015, 09:11 AM
More than half of evangelical pastors say Pope Francis is their brother in Christ.

More than one-third say they value the pope's view on theology, and 3 in 10 say he has improved their view of the Catholic Church.

Those are among the findings of a new study of 1,000 Protestant senior pastors, released this week from Nashville-based LifeWay Research.

Overall, the survey found that many Protestant pastors have taken a liking to Pope Francis.

Nearly 4 in 10 say the pope, known for his humility and concern for the poor, has had a positive impact on their opinions of the Catholic Church. Almost two-thirds view Pope Francis as a genuine Christian and “brother in Christ.”

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2015/september/antichrist-brother-christ-protestant-pastors-pope-francis.html

Barry Morris
09-26-2015, 11:12 AM
"More than one-third say they value the pope's view on theology"

I believe it - of the third that have little theological education.

Heck, I like Francis. Seems to be sincere, yes, a genuine Christian and “brother in Christ.”

But he is wrong in some things. That's all.

RWGR
09-26-2015, 01:30 PM
"More than one-third say they value the pope's view on theology"

I believe it - of the third that have little theological education.

Heck, I like Francis. Seems to be sincere, yes, a genuine Christian and “brother in Christ.”

But he is wrong in some things. That's all.

He has 2,000 years of tradition behind him.

You, not so much :) ;) :)

RWGR
09-26-2015, 01:35 PM

But just a few days ago you were trying to plant the seed in peoples minds that he may well be the Anti-Christ.

Oh you Protzels...so twisty and turny :) :) :)