PDA

View Full Version : Soonet Down

ctf
10-15-2015, 04:16 PM
Called Vianet today to ask about inability to access Soonet for last 10 days. Was in Toronto and thought maybe had something to do with the WiFi and my Ipad. The IT guy had no answer and was surprised that they had not heard about anything, Guess this site is not relevant to many anymore.

riggs
10-15-2015, 05:33 PM
I just assumed it just shut down without notice. Like you said, not many people paying attention to this site.

Hans
10-15-2015, 10:09 PM
I was wondering the same thing. but I figured they would at least give a heads up.
Happy it is back online.

Chachinga
10-16-2015, 11:32 AM
Called Vianet today

Why?????????????

ctf
10-16-2015, 02:44 PM
Why?????????????

Curious!!!!

Chachinga
10-16-2015, 03:38 PM
It could have been gone forever, you are responsible!!!! :msnsad_smile:

Barry Morris
10-17-2015, 12:13 AM
I too though they had just blown it away.

It happened to other, similar Vianet sites.

IMHO
10-17-2015, 04:04 PM
I am glad to see it is back. It is the ONLY local site whereby you can start a topic without having to be a member of FACEBOOK...which I dislike immensely. Looking forward to some interesting topics.
I have a question. I had heard that the OLD Honda site up on Great Northern was sold to a steak house chain .I have yet to see a shovel in the ground. Also is there anything going to be built on the other side of the beer store up there?

Hans
10-17-2015, 04:49 PM
Facebook is the evil of the internet and should be removed from it.
It invades almost any site you visit, and totally invades your privacy by having you invade it yourself.
I have to use an app called disconnect in order to block all the Facebook tracking. You would be amazed how often it has to block Facebook trackers.

That is just my opinion.

Hans
10-17-2015, 04:53 PM
I should add that CNN is one of the worst out there.

17 trackers blocked on their main page, and all their videos auto play without giving you the ability to turn the auto play off.
I stopped using them because of that, and I hope everyone else does.