PDA

View Full Version : Canada #1

Hans
10-20-2015, 11:19 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/20/opinions/kennedy-canada-election-bad-news-for-us-conservatives/index.html

According to the Reputation Institute, it is the "most admired" nation on earth. Immigrants flock there from all over the world -- for the most part politely standing in line for the opportunity.

Taxes seem to get lower every year and the government runs a surplus. Burdensome regulations have been slashed and the tax code's been rewritten to encourage business investment and pro-family policies. Abroad, it's taking the fight to ISIS with a reinvigorated military, standing side by side with Israel and against aggression from the mullahs of Iran and Vladimir Putin's Russia.

Barry Morris
10-21-2015, 12:11 AM
Yeah, it was that way.

Monday may have changed it all.

Anapeg
10-21-2015, 02:27 AM
Yeah, it was that way.

Monday may have changed it all.

You and your PC cronies are really sour and poor losers. You all lay on the doom and gloom, with some looking for a mass exodus of wealthy people and large corporations. Those with healthy bank accounts may have to finally pay their fair share but beyond that, the sun will continue to rise, people will continue with their routines and your God is in His Heaven and all is as it was before we po' folks foolishly elected the Liberals.

Barry Morris
10-21-2015, 10:19 AM
You and your PC cronies are really sour and poor losers. You all lay on the doom and gloom, with some looking for a mass exodus of wealthy people and large corporations. Those with healthy bank accounts may have to finally pay their fair share but beyond that, the sun will continue to rise, people will continue with their routines and your God is in His Heaven and all is as it was before we po' folks foolishly elected the Liberals.

Sure.

Dante said, "If the devil took God's job, he would have to take on the characteristics of God".

That tells me that when political parties get into power, they act very much like the others. The only ones who REALLY try to be different are the NDP, but alas they really have no clue, so they don't last long.

Those with healthy bank accounts WON'T pay much more, if any at all. Corporations WON'T have to pay more either.

"Real Change"??? That's a laugh!!

Bluesky
10-21-2015, 12:15 PM
Hans, why did you post this in the religion forum?

RWGR
10-21-2015, 06:04 PM
Like watching the little brother who has always been envious of the bigger brother who gets all the chicks, it's nice to see little brother have someone flirt with him from time to time :) :) :)

RWGR
10-21-2015, 06:25 PM
So there was a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth not too long ago when Jeb Bush entered the race for the GOP nomination. 'America might as well be a monarchy, only certain families rule there' was the cry of Soonet's political watchdogs.

There have been two father-son tandems in 227 years (John Adam - John Quincy Adams; George H Bush - George W Bush)

In Canada's 145-years of existence there has been one father-son tandem (P.E. Trudeau - Whatever-his-name-is Trudeau).

Let me guess, it's just different.

Hans
10-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Hans, why did you post this in the religion forum?

I thought I was in the politics forum. I don't have moderator rights in this forum, otherwise I would have moved it.

Bluesky
10-23-2015, 02:17 PM
Ahh, that explains it.
Hey Hans, can you answer my question in the COmputer section?

Hans
10-23-2015, 09:08 PM
Your question has been answered.