PDA

View Full Version : Going In The Right Direction

RWGR
10-29-2015, 11:56 AM
Friday, columnist Kirsten Powers announced on Fox News that she was joining the Catholic Church. Not many years ago she moved from non-belief to Evangelical Christianity, and she has been attending an Anglican church with friends of mine.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/kirsten-powers-protestants-catholics-147468/

Barry Morris
10-29-2015, 01:55 PM
She might be a real believer, but a baby in Christ. She never knew any better.

Real believers already are a part of the Body of Christ, the real church, which has some Roman Catholics in it.

Judging by the article, her reasons for change are pretty worldly.

RWGR
10-29-2015, 04:04 PM
As usual, your theology is a mish-mash of ideas with little, if any, biblical foundation.

I give her credit. She found out quickly that Protestantism is only the half-way point.

She doesn't have an ego so large she couldn't see that.

Imagine that...people who don't let ego come before soul.

Barry Morris
10-29-2015, 06:06 PM
As usual, your theology is a mish-mash of ideas with little, if any, biblical foundation.

I give her credit. She found out quickly that Protestantism is only the half-way point.

She doesn't have an ego so large she couldn't see that.

Imagine that...people who don't let ego come before soul.

Oh??

I don't have to win.

So she has to be a Roman Catholic to be at the finish line?? I recall three Popes said that, but Vatican II said different.

Mind you, Augustine said once save, always saved, so if she ever DOES get saved, she'll be OK. So long as she realizes that being a member of one particular denomination won't do it.

RWGR
10-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Poor, angry, mis-guided man. Throwing lies around, hoping they stick. It's so obvious, even his Protestant friends have abandoned him.

Correcting another of Barry's Lies, part 17,966:

"It is clear for Augustine, based on his understanding of the Pauline texts in Romans, that God's elect will certainly persevere to the end and attain eternal salvation....[but] Augustine does not believe that the Christian can in this life know with infallible certitude that he is in fact among the elect and that he will finally persevere....Augustine's understanding of perseverance, then, reflects his understanding of the eternal predestination of God, the warning passages addressed to believers in the NT, and his sacramental theology of grace and baptismal regeneration...and that in fact one's justification and baptismal regeneration could be rejected and lost through sin and unbelief. Augustine's understanding set the parameters for Aquinas, for the Council of Trent, and for the Roman Catholic tradition generally down to the present day."

http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/a133.htm

Barry Morris
10-29-2015, 07:33 PM
Poor, angry, mis-guided man. Throwing lies around, hoping they stick. It's so obvious, even his Protestant friends have abandoned him.

Correcting another of Barry's Lies, part 17,966:

"It is clear for Augustine, based on his understanding of the Pauline texts in Romans, that God's elect will certainly persevere to the end and attain eternal salvation....[but] Augustine does not believe that the Christian can in this life know with infallible certitude that he is in fact among the elect and that he will finally persevere....Augustine's understanding of perseverance, then, reflects his understanding of the eternal predestination of God, the warning passages addressed to believers in the NT, and his sacramental theology of grace and baptismal regeneration...and that in fact one's justification and baptismal regeneration could be rejected and lost through sin and unbelief. Augustine's understanding set the parameters for Aquinas, for the Council of Trent, and for the Roman Catholic tradition generally down to the present day."

There, was that so hard. Must have been, it took long enough.

OK, I'll continue looking into that, my only reference was a short line on one site.

Tell me though, to rephrase some of your words, why can you be so certain that the RCC is correct, that one MUST be a part of the RCC to be saved, submitted to her, and yet you still believe that (even though when born again, we become his children) we CANNOT know we are saved???

And by the way, I'm sure you've noticed my lack of response in the same manner, an opinion, based on various sources, is not a lie. It may be incorrect, which I challenged you to show, but a falsehood it is not.

You can be more polite. Thank you.

Barry Morris
10-29-2015, 07:35 PM

By the way, this doesn't seem to go anywhere precise, can you please check.

Barry Morris
10-31-2015, 02:23 PM
Here's a quote:

"If only one instance could be given in which the Church ceased to teach a doctrine of faith which had been previously held, that single instance would be the death blow of her claim to infallibility." (Cardinal Gibbons, The Faith of Our Fathers, p85) (http://www.gutenberg.org/files/27435/27435-pdf.pdf)
"if it be not identical in belief, in government etc., with the primitive Church, then it is not the Church of Christ." (Catholic Facts, 27)

http://www.bible.ca/catholic-flip-flops.htm

Whose flip flops?? "Her" would seem to be the church, not some once-in-a-while statements by the Pope. Interesting.

Barry Morris
11-03-2015, 07:33 PM
It's easier to insult than to debate.

Barry Morris
11-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Re Augustine and once saved, always saved:

Real Christianity is a relationship, wherein people become born again, true children of God, brothers and sisters of God Himself, Jesus Christ.

Not even God can change a relationship.

RWGR
11-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Not even God can change a relationship.

I'm going to let this one stay on its own for a while

Barry Morris
11-06-2015, 12:38 PM
I'm going to let this one stay on its own for a while

You can let it stay forever!! I could have membership in every denomination in the world, but without that relationship I'm doomed to a Godless eternity along with the worst sinner!!!

RWGR
11-06-2015, 12:50 PM
...which has nothing to do with your comment.

Barry Morris
11-06-2015, 08:20 PM
...which has nothing to do with your comment.

Oh, you're confused.

MY comments here talk to topic.

It's YOUR comments that talk to "nothing"!!

You win!!! :) :) :)

RWGR
11-09-2015, 10:23 AM
Sad to see emotional outbursts take the place of substantive discussion.

Barry Morris
11-09-2015, 11:28 AM
Sad to see emotional outbursts take the place of substantive discussion.

It is sad. Why don't you stop??