PDA

View Full Version : If it was ISIS, what will Obama do?

Hans
11-05-2015, 08:33 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/05/politics/russian-jet-sinai-isis-obama/index.html

Well, that will be a simple answer: talk and do nothing Something the current administration is extremely good at.

Barry Morris
11-05-2015, 09:57 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/05/politics/russian-jet-sinai-isis-obama/index.html

Well, that will be a simple answer: talk and do nothing Something the current administration is extremely good at.

I suppose Obama could carpet A-bomb the entire area ISIS is fighting in.

Would that make you happy??

RWGR
11-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Obama will ask to meet with ISIS leaders, so he can ask them what it was we did to make them want to do such a heinous act.

"How can we make up for what we forced you to do? How can we change?"

Barry Morris
11-06-2015, 12:36 PM
Obama will ask to meet with ISIS leaders, so he can ask them what it was we did to make them want to do such a heinous act.

"How can we make up for what we forced you to do? How can we change?"

Understanding your enemy??? Holy smoke, what a novel idea!!!

RWGR
11-06-2015, 12:50 PM
It's called appeasement.

I would expect some people not to see that.

Anapeg
11-06-2015, 02:01 PM
Remember Vietnam, or the Middle East? Fighting against people who wear no uniform and maintains no one site from which to operate is all but impossible. Short of infiltration and murdering them one at a time, what would you suggest be done? They simply melt into the landscape and shoot from cover.

RWGR
11-06-2015, 02:18 PM
guerrilla warfare

you don't negotiate with guerrillas.

feed them a banana here and there, but don't negotiate.

Barry Morris
11-06-2015, 08:23 PM
guerrilla warfare

you don't negotiate with guerrillas.

feed them a banana here and there, but don't negotiate.

We already KNOW that is the American way.

Cause a problem, then wonder why people get angry!!!

How's it working out for you??? Kill an Arab, and now his whole family is after you!!

Smooth move, Exlax!!!

Hans
11-06-2015, 09:05 PM
So what you are suggesting is to let ISIS continue on it's current path, murdering and pillaging cities, blowing up monuments and kidnap people? All because you cannot cause them a problem?

No, what you do is use your military power and intel power. No matter how they fight, if you cut off all the heads of the snake the snake will be death.

Barry Morris
11-06-2015, 10:40 PM
It's called appeasement.

I would expect some people not to see that.

That's not appeasment. You have to communicate with people to do that.

Refusing to talk to your enemy is no more than grandstanding, to make your people this you're a hard nosed warrior!!! Usually to get votes.

Barry Morris
11-06-2015, 10:41 PM
So what you are suggesting is to let ISIS continue on it's current path, murdering and pillaging cities, blowing up monuments and kidnap people? All because you cannot cause them a problem?

No, what you do is use your military power and intel power. No matter how they fight, if you cut off all the heads of the snake the snake will be death.

The only way to win a war like this is genocide.

Anapeg
11-07-2015, 12:51 AM

Intel? An awful lot of good people are dead because of poor or deliberately skewed intel. The U.S. has a couple of shining examples. Hans, given the fact one cannot identify the enemy over there, do you think a scorched earth policy ought to be adopted?

Bluesky
11-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Although I would never want to be the one to pull the trigger (push the button, etc), I am afraid that there will be no peace until ISIS is gone. ISIS is driven by a religious ideology that basically requires the elimination of the "big Satan" and the "little Satan", which is respectively, America and Israel. They believe that the destruction of those two will coincide with the 2nd coming of their messiah, the 12th IMAM. The leadership of Iran is of this persuasion as well. That is why Russia is not serious about destroying ISIS. What Russia really wants is to fill the vacuum that the USA leadership has created by its non-action, and to gain credibility in the eyes of the world by sticking it to the USA, and ultimately they (along with Iran) establish a beachhead in Syria and the Golan Hieghts. Watch and see.

Do a search of the twelfth Imam or the Mahdi and read up on it.

Anapeg
11-07-2015, 07:26 PM
So go in, kill them all Man, woman, children, goats and puppy dogs and Let God/Allah/the 12th IMAM sort it out.

Hans
11-08-2015, 12:23 AM
Intel? An awful lot of good people are dead because of poor or deliberately skewed intel. The U.S. has a couple of shining examples. Hans, given the fact one cannot identify the enemy over there, do you think a scorched earth policy ought to be adopted?

No, I am thinking about the head of the snake.
An organization like ISIS needs fund, US $$$. to keep it's war machine running.
Find where the money is coming from, deal with those sources.
That includes whoever gave ISIS all the Toyota vehicles they parade around in.

Once they are out of money we can deal a decisive blow to them.

Barry Morris
11-08-2015, 09:44 AM

Just as if you were fighting a real army!!!

Anapeg
11-08-2015, 12:13 PM

Won't work. You over simplify the problem and disregard the fanaticism these people have instilled in them. Money does not fund the emotion behind the whole fight. It may well make the fight easier but without funds they would still make war. Just being more subversive about it.

Hans
11-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Without funds they will have a lot less resistance during an armed conflict and will be much easier to defeat.
Fanaticism does not stop bullets.

Barry Morris
11-08-2015, 03:55 PM
Without funds they will have a lot less resistance during an armed conflict and will be much easier to defeat.

Once again, you address them as though they were a real army.

With the communications readily available today, a guerrilla army can hide in plain sight much more easily than in years past. And you will have no idea who they are in the population.

RWGR
11-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Do a search of the twelfth Imam or the Mahdi and read up on it.

Ushering in the 12th Imam has been the basis for Iranian foreign policy for years.

RWGR
11-08-2015, 05:05 PM
I did a little compare / contrast lesson dealing with this issue: Iranian policy and desired US policy by certain Evangelical circles

Iran: foreign policy dictated by ushering in the 12th Imam (foreign policy directed by eschatological reasoning)

USA: some people believe the most important function the USA has is to support and protect Israel, because Israel must be intact in order for Christ's Seconds Coming to occur (foreign policy directed by eschatological reasoning)

Anapeg
11-08-2015, 06:17 PM

Fanaticism certainly does stop bullets when the fanatic cannot be identified.

Hans
11-08-2015, 09:33 PM
Fanaticism certainly does stop bullets when the fanatic cannot be identified.

Have you ever seen an ISIS militant travel alone?

Anapeg
11-09-2015, 12:16 AM
I have not. Then again I have not seen them in groups of two or more. I suppose this is were you tell us that you've met some of these people and have learned how to identify them?

Barry Morris
11-09-2015, 12:21 AM
I did a little compare / contrast lesson dealing with this issue: Iranian policy and desired US policy by certain Evangelical circles

Iran: foreign policy dictated by ushering in the 12th Imam (foreign policy directed by eschatological reasoning)

USA: some people believe the most important function the USA has is to support and protect Israel, because Israel must be intact in order for Christ's Seconds Coming to occur (foreign policy directed by eschatological reasoning)

Perhaps you would like to tell us your beliefs in this matter.

RWGR
11-09-2015, 09:38 AM
Perhaps.

Barry Morris
11-09-2015, 11:53 AM
Perhaps.

We will wait patiently.

RWGR
11-09-2015, 12:24 PM
"we"?

You make the mistake of thinking anyone else cares.

Plus, the lesson was one based on higher-order thinking. I'm not sure that is appropriate here.

Barry Morris
11-09-2015, 12:33 PM
"we"?

You make the mistake of thinking anyone else cares.

Plus, the lesson was one based on higher-order thinking. I'm not sure that is appropriate here.

Indeed, always ready with an insult.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Even though your responses have been minimal, I have certainly learned much about your denomination.

RWGR
11-09-2015, 12:39 PM
I'm sorry, you seem to be rambling now. What does my denomination have to do with this? I'm pretty sure 1 Peter 3:15 doesn't refer to questions asked of teachers....but, hey, thanks for quoting the first Pope! :) :) :)

You have a lot of pent up anger and hate. Again, all one can do is pray for you.

Barry Morris
11-09-2015, 12:57 PM
I'm sorry, you seem to be rambling now. What does my denomination have to do with this? I'm pretty sure 1 Peter 3:15 doesn't refer to questions asked of teachers....but, hey, thanks for quoting the first Pope! :) :) :)

You have a lot of pent up anger and hate. Again, all one can do is pray for you.

You're projecting again!!

Ah well, I really didn't expect any answers from you. On religion, or anything else!!

Say, isn't that Peter, who was married, Jewish, and denied Christ three times??

RWGR
11-09-2015, 01:55 PM

Sure is, yup, that's him: Peter, the very person whose biblical books you believe are the word of God. :) :) :)

And don't Protestants look to Paul as their spiritual forefather? The same Paul that killed people for believing in Christ??

Barry Morris
11-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Sure is, yup, that's him: Peter, the very person whose biblical books you believe are the word of God. :) :) :)

And you don't.

RWGR
11-09-2015, 04:51 PM
LOL, turned your theory right back on you, and you're speechless

RWGR
11-09-2015, 05:02 PM

So basically Barry is accusing Peter of being born a Jew and not a Catholic, even though the Catholic Church was not created until the mid-life point of Peter's existence.

And, he is accusing Peter of being married, which was perfectly acceptable for Jews, though not for a Catholic priest...which did not yet exist when Peter was married.

That is some irrefutable evidence.

Barry Morris
11-09-2015, 06:41 PM
Most scholars believe the denomination of Roman Catholicism began some 300 years later. The Church, the Body of Christ, began of course, after the resurrection of Jesus.

And Peter was indeed married, as was Paul at one point, because it wasn't for almost a thousand years that celibacy became a rule in the RCC.

RWGR
11-09-2015, 07:01 PM
Most scholars believe the denomination of Roman Catholicism began some 300 years later.

Source? Link?

The Church, the Body of Christ, began of course, after the resurrection of Jesus.

Source? Link?

And Peter was indeed married, as was Paul at one point, because it wasn't for almost a thousand years that celibacy became a rule in the RCC.

and who believed celibacy was a great calling, and wished others could follow its path? None other than...Paul! :) :) :)

It is only because of this "temptation to immorality" (7:2) that Paul gives the teaching about each man and woman having a spouse and giving each other their "conjugal rights" (7:3); he specifically clarifies, "I say this by way of concession, not of command. I wish that all were as I myself am. But each has his own special gift from God, one of one kind and one of another" (7:6-7)

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/celibacy-and-the-priesthood

Hans
11-09-2015, 08:52 PM
I have not. Then again I have not seen them in groups of two or more. I suppose this is were you tell us that you've met some of these people and have learned how to identify them?

No, this is where I point out that they do not travel alone, or act alone. They also do not keep animals, or work the land.
They are in fairly large groups in a desert country.
I am sure they are not that hard to spot and tell apart from the local population.

Barry Morris
11-09-2015, 08:59 PM
No, this is where I point out that they do not travel alone, or act alone. They also do not keep animals, or work the land.
They are in fairly large groups in a desert country.
I am sure they are not that hard to spot and tell apart from the local population.

I have to wonder how you know this.

Keep in mind that, when not training, or if their fight was going badly, they just go home, and blend in.

These guys are not British redcoats!!!

Anapeg
11-09-2015, 09:20 PM
The point being Hans, unless they are holding a weapon how does one identify an ISIS fighter or supporter for that matter? As Barry has pointed out, once at home they do not differ from their neighbour in any way shape of form.

Hans
11-09-2015, 09:48 PM
Google pictures of ISIS. You can spot them a mile away.

Hans
11-09-2015, 09:48 PM
I have to wonder how you know this.

Keep in mind that, when not training, or if their fight was going badly, they just go home, and blend in.

These guys are not British redcoats!!!

They do not have a home. They wander around in makeshift camps.

Barry Morris
11-10-2015, 12:48 AM
The point being Hans, unless they are holding a weapon how does one identify an ISIS fighter or supporter for that matter? As Barry has pointed out, once at home they do not differ from their neighbour in any way shape of form.

When people respond like that, you get to the point where nothing they say seems real.

Anapeg
11-10-2015, 11:44 AM
When people respond like that, you get to the point where nothing they say seems real.

I am with you there.

Hans
11-10-2015, 03:55 PM
Really? How do you think border agents spot terrorists? After all, they look just like any other traveler, right?

Barry Morris
11-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Really? How do you think border agents spot terrorists? After all, they look just like any other traveler, right?

Thanks for making the point.

To hide, they just go home, and resume normal activities. They aren't travelling.

That's what guerillas do.

Anapeg
11-10-2015, 07:02 PM

One more time then I am done. While carrying on as insurgents, they are rather easy to spot and deal with carrying heavy weaponry and all. On the other hand, when the heat is turned up and they look to save their collective asses, they blend right in with the general populace. It can't be made any clearer Hans, especially when some one is deliberately misunderstanding a very simple concept. They all dress alike wearing the thawb as they do.

BFLPE
11-11-2015, 05:59 PM
How do you think border agents spot terrorists?Considering 9/11 I'd say not very well.

Hans
11-11-2015, 06:55 PM
One more time then I am done. While carrying on as insurgents, they are rather easy to spot and deal with carrying heavy weaponry and all. On the other hand, when the heat is turned up and they look to save their collective asses, they blend right in with the general populace. It can't be made any clearer Hans, especially when some one is deliberately misunderstanding a very simple concept. They all dress alike wearing the thawb as they do.

And this is the time when we need the picture of sticking a head in the sand.
Someone used to be famous for posting that once in a while.
I think it fits your thoughts on this subject rather well.

Barry Morris
11-11-2015, 09:27 PM
And this is the time when we need the picture of sticking a head in the sand.
Someone used to be famous for posting that once in a while.
I think it fits your thoughts on this subject rather well.

His thoughts are correct.

Yours are wrong.

It's that simple.

Hans
11-12-2015, 03:13 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/11/middleeast/iraq-free-sinjar-isis/index.html

"CNN senior international correspondent Nick Paton Walsh is with one of the three fronts of fighters who launched their liberation operation early Thursday morning against a backdrop of airstrikes."

That is odd. I wonder how they recognized them from the local population.
Apparently you cannot distinguish an ISIS militant from a non ISIS militant.

Barry Morris
11-12-2015, 07:27 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/11/middleeast/iraq-free-sinjar-isis/index.html

"CNN senior international correspondent Nick Paton Walsh is with one of the three fronts of fighters who launched their liberation operation early Thursday morning against a backdrop of airstrikes."

That is odd. I wonder how they recognized them from the local population.
Apparently you cannot distinguish an ISIS militant from a non ISIS militant.

Or they don't care??

You actually trust western media reports??

If there is collateral damage (ie dead non-combatants) on the other side, do you honestly think it will be reported on CNN and their ilk??

RWGR
11-12-2015, 07:31 PM
Don't be ridiculous. The Western media reports collateral damage all the time, because the Western media is by and large anti-military. Reporting collateral damage plays right into their hands.

Barry Morris
11-12-2015, 08:12 PM
Don't be ridiculous. The Western media reports collateral damage all the time, because the Western media is by and large anti-military. Reporting collateral damage plays right into their hands.

Something tells me that this can't be true of all North American media sources, or you would have nothing to quote.

Hans
11-13-2015, 12:06 AM
U.S. airstrike targets 'Jihadi John' in Syria

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/12/politics/u-s-airstrike-targets-jihadi-john-in-syria/index.html

I bet you know how he looks without requiring a picture.

RWGR
11-14-2015, 03:32 PM
The US is semi-serious about radical Islam now...anyone else want to join?

Hans
11-14-2015, 03:36 PM
I have been saying for years we need to dismantle the middle east with force and eradicate all the fanatics.

Barry Morris
11-14-2015, 03:37 PM
The US is semi-serious about radical Islam now...anyone else want to join?

There are so many holes in US security, the only thing keeping you relatively safe is distance.

Barry Morris
11-14-2015, 03:38 PM
I have been saying for years we need to dismantle the middle east with force and eradicate all the fanatics.

Genocide.

Hans
11-14-2015, 03:41 PM
eradication: the complete destruction of something.
genocide: the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

Anapeg
11-14-2015, 04:29 PM
eradication: the complete destruction of something.
genocide: the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

How is one accomplished without the other? White wash it, make it as savory as you can but as long as a single individual wearing a thawb lives you can never be sure you got all the lunatics. This being the case then you do, for all intents and purposes condone genocide.

Hans
11-14-2015, 04:44 PM
So when we eradicate a disease like polio, we are committing genocide?

Barry Morris
11-14-2015, 06:23 PM

You think man is on the same level as a disease??

Hans
11-14-2015, 07:15 PM
We are debating the meaning of the words eradication and genocide. Not man versus disease.
The fact that these 2 different words exist implies they do not mean the same.

Anapeg
11-14-2015, 09:52 PM

How is one accomplished without the other? White wash it, make it as savory as you can but as long as a single individual wearing a thawb lives you can never be sure you got all the lunatics. This being the case then you do, for all intents and purposes condone genocide.

Nihilistic Heathen
11-15-2015, 03:28 PM
We are debating the meaning of the words eradication and genocide. Not man versus disease.
The fact that these 2 different words exist implies they do not mean the same.

No, but one requires the eradication or attempted eradication of a group of people.

Barry Morris
11-15-2015, 07:20 PM
Our terrorism double standard:

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/14/our_terrorism_double_standard_after_paris_lets_sto p_blaming_muslims_and_take_a_hard_look_at_ourselve s/

"Actual evidence, on the other hand, shows that less than two percent of terrorist attacks from 2009 to 2013 in the E.U. were religiously motivated. In 2013, just one percent of the 152 terrorist attacks were religious in nature; in 2012, less than three percent of the 219 terrorist attacks were inspired by religion."

Barry Morris
11-15-2015, 07:23 PM
Another thought provoker:

https://newmatilda.com/2015/11/14/paris-attacks-highlight-western-vulnerability-and-our-selective-grief-and-outrage/

Bluesky
11-16-2015, 11:53 AM
This criticism of our "selective outrage" happens a lot. But is it not natural that countries and nations that are more directly related to us would elicit more concern? And secondly, there is such a thing as crisis fatigue. We almost expect terrorist actions in countries in the mid-east, because it is an ongoing volcano that is constantly rumbling and burping out destruction, whereas western countries, not so much.

RWGR
11-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Make no mistake, ISIS and other radical groups are waiting to see what the western response will be. If it is a few airstrikes for a day or two, then that's about it, they will be quite happy to take a few hits on the chin in order to keep terrorizing the West.

Our people in the West now aren't sure they are safe when they go out at night. I'd say that fact gives us enough leeway to launch a prolonged and substantial attacks, not only at ISIS hot-spots, but at governments who fail to control the radicalism within their borders.

Take out Assad first, then go from there.

No more *****-footing around. The time to 'talk' is over. This is a scourge that only knows one language: violence.

So, let's 'talk' to them on their terms.

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 12:22 PM
Make no mistake, ISIS and other radical groups are waiting to see what the western response will be. If it is a few airstrikes for a day or two, then that's about it, they will be quite happy to take a few hits on the chin in order to keep terrorizing the West.

Our people in the West now aren't sure they are safe when they go out at night. I'd say that fact gives us enough leeway to launch a prolonged and substantial attacks, not only at ISIS hot-spots, but at governments who fail to control the radicalism within their borders.

Take out Assad first, then go from there.

No more *****-footing around. The time to 'talk' is over. This is a scourge that only knows one language: violence.

So, let's 'talk' to them on their terms.

Oh, NOW you want more government interaction??

ISIS claims to have sleeper cells in 15 states. What do you wanna bet not one of those states allows open or concelaed carry of weapons??

RWGR
11-16-2015, 12:28 PM
Oh, NOW you want more government interaction??

Ummmm, I think you missed my point. "Talk" to them on their terms means fighting fire with fire.

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 02:34 PM
Ummmm, I think you missed my point. "Talk" to them on their terms means fighting fire with fire.

I know. As in "Kill 'em all and let God sort them out!!"

RWGR
11-16-2015, 02:35 PM
Missed again, champ!! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 02:41 PM
Missed again, champ!!

Sure. :) :) :)

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 02:49 PM
http://globalnews.ca/news/2341439/anonymous-declares-war-on-islamic-state-after-paris-attacks/

How cool is that!!!

RWGR
11-16-2015, 02:53 PM
This proves...what?

BFLPE
11-16-2015, 03:03 PM
This proves...what?Anonymous doesn't support ISIS perhaps?

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 04:03 PM
Anonymous doesn't support ISIS perhaps?

It shows that they are smarter fighters than the West.

Communication is ISIS lifeline.

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 04:04 PM
This proves...what?

Keep coming back, you'll get it eventually!!

RWGR
11-16-2015, 04:13 PM

errrr....

what??

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 06:55 PM
errrr....

what??

And here I thought you knew something about computers.

So THAT'S why you don't like Facebook.

Can't understand how to use it!!

RWGR
11-16-2015, 07:17 PM
More personal attacks, no substance to the replies.

You're consistent, if nothing else.

Hans
11-16-2015, 09:07 PM

"President Francois Hollande on Monday proposed sweeping new laws and more spending on public safety in response to Friday's terror attacks in Paris -- promising to eradicate terrorism, but not at the expense of France's freedom."
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/world/paris-attacks/index.html

So, what you are stating is that the President of France is openly promising to commit genocide?

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 09:54 PM
More personal attacks, no substance to the replies.

You're consistent, if nothing else.

I have to admire your consistency, too. Never a straight answer.

BFLPE
11-17-2015, 05:54 PM

So you figure anonymous is the first to think of that?

Barry Morris
11-17-2015, 10:14 PM
So you figure anonymous is the first to think of that?

Judging by the progress of the fight, maybe!!

See post 81. RW has no idea what I'm talking about, and neither, I suspect do his countrymen!!

Bluesky
11-18-2015, 11:24 AM
If you want to understand what is going on, you must listen to this guy. It is worth the 40 minutes..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whj0gmLLgOY

Barry Morris
11-18-2015, 12:33 PM
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/interactive/2015/05/syria-country-divided-150529144229467.html

A look at realities.

This was an interesting comment there:

"It is not fair that ISIL uses latest issue modern American weapons while the Syria opposition has old weapons"

Really??

The Voice
11-18-2015, 02:22 PM

See post 81. RW has no idea what I'm talking about, and neither, I suspect do his countrymen!!

I guarantee you that there are one hell of a lot of Americans not just smarter but MUCH smarter than you.

Answer me this smart guy how is ISIS controlling large swaths of middle eastern territory without making their presence known???

You compared Vietnam to the middle east so tell me where are the jungles in the middle east.

You make comments like that and it just shows you don't really know the first thing about the Vietnam War.

Anapeg
11-18-2015, 03:10 PM
I guarantee you that there are one hell of a lot of Americans not just smarter but MUCH smarter than you.

Answer me this smart guy how is ISIS controlling large swaths of middle eastern territory without making their presence known???

You compared Vietnam to the middle east so tell me where are the jungles in the middle east.

You make comments like that and it just shows you don't really know the first thing about the Vietnam War.

Just the question you raise over the jungle shows you are grasping at straws to make a point. The reference to Viet Nam was not over terrain, rather the enemies ability to blend in and disappear and you well know this and try to redirect attention. It is somewhat easier to identify a combatant while armed and/or in the process of making war. Once the weapons are buried and otherwise hidden the combatants then blend in and disappear as did the Vietcong and their sympathizers. Soldiers would sweep a suspected Vietcong sympathetic village, finding nothing they would walk away and snipers would open fire from a place they just swept for enemy and guns and finding nothing.
This conflict, should it become a ground war will gestate and morph into the exact same thing having no distinct winner in the end. Difference being, the Vietcong stayed in Viet Nam to fight, ISIS has already proven to be more mobile and able to carry their war to their adversary's soil.

BFLPE
11-18-2015, 04:20 PM

See post 81. RW has no idea what I'm talking about, and neither, I suspect do his countrymen!!Yeah, I'm sure there are guys at the NSA, CIA and FBI right now saying 'why didn't we think of that?'

The Voice
11-18-2015, 05:05 PM
Just the question you raise over the jungle shows you are grasping at straws to make a point. The reference to Viet Nam was not over terrain, rather the enemies ability to blend in and disappear and you well know this and try to redirect attention. It is somewhat easier to identify a combatant while armed and/or in the process of making war. Once the weapons are buried and otherwise hidden the combatants then blend in and disappear as did the Vietcong and their sympathizers. Soldiers would sweep a suspected Vietcong sympathetic village, finding nothing they would walk away and snipers would open fire from a place they just swept for enemy and guns and finding nothing.
This conflict, should it become a ground war will gestate and morph into the exact same thing having no distinct winner in the end. Difference being, the Vietcong stayed in Viet Nam to fight, ISIS has already proven to be more mobile and able to carry their war to their adversary's soil.

Try reading The Summons of the Trumpet then come back and talk to me about the Vietnam war.

The Tet Offensive was an unmitigated disaster for the Viet Cong and they all but ceased to exist when it was over.

The Americans did not lose the Vietnam War they lost the political wherewithal to continue it.

The Americans had all but pulled out of Vietnam when the NVA launched a conventional(NOT A GUERRILLA) Campaign against the South Vietnamese.

ISIS is a conventional Army controlling A large part of Syria and Iraq. Please try to learn the actual facts of the matter before you try to school me on history or current events.

BTW I think it is so CUTE the way you always try to scurry to Barry's defense.

Barry Morris
11-18-2015, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I'm sure there are guys at the NSA, CIA and FBI right now saying 'why didn't we think of that?'

Makes me wonder just what Anonymous is finding, if all these smart boys have done the job.

Barry Morris
11-18-2015, 05:15 PM

We are of a like mind on most things, and politely disagree on occasion.

You could learn something about how to treat others.

The Voice
11-18-2015, 05:49 PM
We are of a like mind on most things, and politely disagree on occasion.

You could learn something about how to treat others.

I need to learn something from you about how to treat others that is almost too funny.

You should learn how to respect other peoples opinions. And try doing a little actual research instead of thinking your anecdotal evidence is actual evidence.

Instead of saying that ISIS is just like the Viet Cong because you say it is how about you provide some evidence to back that statement up???

Barry Morris
11-18-2015, 07:05 PM
I need to learn something from you about how to treat others that is almost too funny.

You should learn how to respect other peoples opinions. And try doing a little actual research instead of thinking your anecdotal evidence is actual evidence.

Instead of saying that ISIS is just like the Viet Cong because you say it is how about you provide some evidence to back that statement up???

A fine piece of irony!!! :) :) :)

I'll respond when I do that!!

Anapeg
11-18-2015, 07:52 PM
Try reading The Summons of the Trumpet then come back and talk to me about the Vietnam war.

The Tet Offensive was an unmitigated disaster for the Viet Cong and they all but ceased to exist when it was over.

The Americans did not lose the Vietnam War they lost the political wherewithal to continue it.

The Americans had all but pulled out of Vietnam when the NVA launched a conventional(NOT A GUERRILLA) Campaign against the South Vietnamese.

ISIS is a conventional Army controlling A large part of Syria and Iraq. Please try to learn the actual facts of the matter before you try to school me on history or current events.

I see I am making you cranky, you answered and addressed nothing I posted then threw in a personal attack. Can't disprove the post, attack the poster, sounds like a familiar tactic. I will leave you to it as I refuse to stoop to your school yard level. TTFN.

The Voice
11-18-2015, 08:06 PM
A fine piece of irony!!! :) :) :)

I'll respond when I do that!!

You don't have to cover up your disdain with little smiley faces, it has little to no effect on me.

How many books have you read about the Vietnam War?

The Voice
11-18-2015, 08:10 PM
I see I am making you cranky, you answered and addressed nothing I posted then threw in a personal attack. Can't disprove the post, attack the poster, sounds like a familiar tactic. I will leave you to it as I refuse to stoop to your school yard level. TTFN.

Really that's your answer I take a moment to try and educate you about the realities of the Vietnam war and this is the best retort you have.

I certainly can show you all kinds of differences between the Viet Cong and Isis. For one thing the Viet Cong never controlled any cities they hid in the Jungles. Isis could hang out in the desert all they wanted and no one would really care.

Hans
11-18-2015, 08:28 PM
I totally do not understand how someone can claim ISIS operates like the Viet Cong.
The Viet Cong was an organization that had it roots in South Vietnam
The Viet Cong did not win the Vietnam war, the NVA did.

And the main reason why they won was the Watergate affair and Nixon resigning. Ford did not have the political will to enforce the peace accords. As soon as Nixon was gone the NVA invaded South Vietnam and took it by force.

The Voice
11-18-2015, 08:31 PM
I totally do not understand how someone can claim ISIS operates like the Viet Cong.

And the main reason why they won was the Watergate affair and Nixon resigning. Ford did not have the political will to enforce the peace accords. As soon as Nixon was gone the NVA invaded South Vietnam and took it by force.

Didn't I already say that?

Barry Morris
11-18-2015, 11:09 PM

I always enjoy how what I say is interpreted.

The Viet Cong wore no uniforms.

If attacked they could blend into the local population.

Those are the two things that they and ISIS could/can do.

Those were my only two points.

Ya follow??

The Voice
11-19-2015, 06:33 AM

To hide, they just go home, and resume normal activities. They aren't travelling.

ISIS is a Conventional Army with Conventional Arms.

How does one blend tanks and artillery into the local population.

Some day you will learn that real men know how to admit when they are wrong

Barry Morris
11-19-2015, 07:09 AM

I believe I mentioned "bury them".

Weapons can be replaced. Men of purpose cannot.

RWGR
11-19-2015, 09:49 AM
Weapons can be replaced. Men of purpose cannot.

Well said. I agree with that 100%.

Barry Morris
11-19-2015, 02:22 PM
Couple of possible thoughts.

All ISIS wants to do is get the non-Islamic nations to fight each other.

Other than the oil fields, there are no tagets of worth in the Middle East.

If they can get the atomic missiles to fly,, the rest of the world will go down, and never bother them again.

Interesting times, we live in.

Revelation 9:18
"A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulfur that came out of their mouths."

BFLPE
11-19-2015, 04:45 PM
I always enjoy how what I say is interpreted.Enjoyment, is that the reason for the unclear messaging?

BFLPE
11-19-2015, 05:27 PM

Having a little trouble matching that up with what happened in Paris.

RWGR
11-19-2015, 05:54 PM
Revelation 9:18
"A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulfur that came out of their mouths."

...and there it is

Nihilistic Heathen
11-19-2015, 06:44 PM

If ISIS troops buried their weapons and to hide among the locals, I doubt they would go back and dig up their guns and continue fighting. They would have to flee for their lives, ISIS executes it's deserters.

Barry Morris
11-19-2015, 07:27 PM
Enjoyment, is that the reason for the unclear messaging?

Hey, I know I'm guilty of that sometimes.

On the the hand, I often go back, re read what I posted and say to myself, "What the heck is unclear about that??"

If I was concerned, I'd ask.

(edited to clarify)

Barry Morris
11-19-2015, 07:28 PM
If ISIS troops buried their weapons and to hide among the locals, I doubt they would go back and dig up their guns and continue fighting. They would have to flee for their lives, ISIS executes it's deserters.

I'm presuming a plan here, where the leadership tells them to go.

Barry Morris
11-19-2015, 07:29 PM
...and there it is

And there is the official answer to any question about the Second Coming.

RWGR
11-19-2015, 08:01 PM
This is a keeper!

I often go back, re read what I posted and say to myself, "What the heck??"

RWGR
11-19-2015, 08:02 PM
And there is the official answer to any question about the Second Coming.

You've never asked me a question about the Second Coming. Ask me anything you want.

One thing I'll tell you right away: no one believed the stuff you subscribe to until John Darby in the mid-1800s.

You subscribe to the claptrap of a nasty man who believed America was the New Jerusalem...and the irony in that is quite delicious, I must say!

Nihilistic Heathen
11-19-2015, 08:33 PM
I'm presuming a plan here, where the leadership tells them to go.

A caliphate requires a territory and the expansion of that territory, I don't think ceding is part of their plan.

Barry Morris
11-19-2015, 09:00 PM
A caliphate requires a territory and the expansion of that territory, I don't think ceding is part of their plan.

You may be right. I was thinking of a scenario where they were losing, and the leadership told them to disperse, and disappear, and wait for another day.

Barry Morris
11-19-2015, 09:03 PM
You've never asked me a question about the Second Coming. Ask me anything you want.
Sure. What will precede the Second Coming??

One thing I'll tell you right away: no one believed the stuff you subscribe to until John Darby in the mid-1800s.

I subscribe to?? No, I don't. Of course, the Jesuit Francisco Ribera did. And the Pope who directed him. And Cardinal Bellarmine After all, Darby must have got it somewhere.

You subscribe to the claptrap of a nasty man who believed America was the New Jerusalem...and the irony in that is quite delicious, I must say!

Who do you know that subscribed to that?? Must have had quite an effect on you.

Certainly wasn't me.

Barry Morris
11-19-2015, 09:09 PM
.. Ask me anything you want....

How wide is this offer??

RWGR
11-20-2015, 09:17 AM
How wide is this offer??

How much wider can "anything" be?

Barry Morris
11-20-2015, 10:40 AM
How much wider can "anything" be?

You were speaking about the Second Coming, which I haven't seen your response to yet.

I just wondered if it applied to other questions about your beliefs.

RWGR
11-20-2015, 10:41 AM
Barry, what "response" to the Second Coming? You haven't ASKED anything yet!

Barry Morris
11-20-2015, 10:52 AM
Barry, what "response" to the Second Coming? You haven't ASKED anything yet!

See post 119.

RWGR
11-20-2015, 10:55 AM
What will precede the Second Coming??

Wars. Rumors of wars.

A falling away from The Church.

Natural disasters on an unprecedented scale.

I subscribe to?? No, I don't. Of course, the Jesuit Francisco Ribera did. And the Pope who directed him. And Cardinal Bellarmine After all, Darby must have got it somewhere.

totally false information. you can stop now. No one believes you.

Barry Morris
11-20-2015, 11:05 AM
What will precede the Second Coming??

Wars. Rumors of wars.

A falling away from The Church.

Natural disasters on an unprecedented scale.

totally false information. you can stop now. No one believes you.

Totally false, eh?? Interesting.

Tell us where Darby got his ideas then.

RWGR
11-20-2015, 11:16 AM
The fact that John Nelson Darby invented the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine around 1830 AD is unquestionably true. All attempts to find evidence of this wild doctrine before 1830 have failed, with a single exception: Morgan Edwards wrote a short essay as a college paper for Bristol Baptist College in Bristol England in 1744 where he confused the second coming with the first resurrection of Revelation 20 and described a "pre-tribulation" rapture. However Edwards ideas, which he admitted were brand new and never before taught, had no influence in the modern population of the false doctrine. That prize to goes to Darby.

http://www.bible.ca/rapture-origin-john-nelson-darby-1830ad.htm

It may come as a surprise but the doctrine of the Rapture is not mentioned in any Christian writings, of which we have knowledge, until after the year 1830 C.E. Whether the early writers were Greek or Latin, Armenian or Coptic, Syrian or Ethiopian, English or German, orthodox or heretic, no one mentioned it before 1830 (though a sentence in Pseudo-Dionysius in about 500 C.E. could be so interpreted). Of course, those who feel the origin of the teaching is in the Bible would say that it ceased being taught for some unknown reason at the close of the apostolic age only to reappear in 1830. But if the doctrine were so clearly stated in Scripture, it seems incredible that no one should have referred to it before the 19th century.

The lateness of the doctrine does not necessarily mean the teaching is wrong (only the plain statements of the Bible can reveal that). It does show that thousands of eminent scholars over seventeen centuries (including the most astute “Christian Fathers” and those of the Reformation and post-Reformation periods) must be considered prophetic dunces for not having understood so fundamental a teaching. This lapse of seventeen centuries when no one elaborated on the doctrine must be viewed as an obstacle to accepting its reliability.

http://www.askelm.com/essentials/ess025.htm

In this series the term "Dispensationalism" refers to the theological system invented in the 1830's by Plymouth Brethren founder, John Nelson Darby (Nov. 18, 1800 — April 29, 1882). While there may be controversy over whether he was the first person to conceive of the pre-tribulation rapture and two distinct peoples of God doctrines, it is certain he played a huge role in systematizing and promoting dispensational theology. His doctrines are found in C. I. Scofield's Old Scofield Study Bible—copyright 1909 and 1917 and are the foundation for other dispensational works.

http://www.libertytothecaptives.net/darby_version_corrupt_methodically.html

http://libertytothecaptives.net/darby_doctrinal_changes.html

Barry Morris
11-20-2015, 11:55 AM
Good thing I don't fully subscribe to the Rapture theory, isn't it!!!

Now lets check into "Jesuit Futurism", and how it affected Edwards, Darby and Scofield.

RWGR
11-20-2015, 11:57 AM

Now lets check into "Jesuit Futurism", and how it affected Edwards, Darby and Scofield.

have at it!

RWGR
11-20-2015, 11:57 AM

You half-subscribe to it?

Barry Morris
11-20-2015, 12:07 PM
You half-subscribe to it?

In the light of Scripture, the pre-tribulation Rapture theory doesn't seem to make much sense, except for one thing.

In Revelation, before the real troubles begin, scripture says the Holy Spirit is taken away from the world.

How can that be if the Christians are still here???

So I remain 51 percent considering the theory.

RWGR
11-20-2015, 12:09 PM
In the light of Scripture, the pre-tribulation Rapture theory doesn't seem to make much sense, except for one thing.

In Revelation, before the real troubles begin, scripture says the Holy Spirit is taken away from the world.

How can that be if the Christians are still here???

So I remain 51 percent considering the theory.

So the question is: what does it mean that the Holy Spirit is taken from the world?

Does it mean private revelation ceases to exist? That even Christians will fall away, in a relative sense?

After all, the bible says...

For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Mat 24:24

RWGR
11-20-2015, 12:14 PM
...so, if the false messiahs and false prophets will even tempt the elect, then surely the elect must be around to be tempted

Barry Morris
11-20-2015, 12:50 PM
Neither of which is definitive.

I remain at 51 percent.

RWGR
11-20-2015, 12:52 PM
You realize that's 51% of a doctrine that no sizable group of Christians recognized before 1830, right?

Barry Morris
11-20-2015, 12:54 PM
You realize that's 51% of a doctrine that no sizable group of Christians recognized before 1830, right?

Like immaculate conception?? :) :) :)

RWGR
11-20-2015, 12:57 PM
Like immaculate conception?? :) :) :)

Wrong again.

The Pope clarified the teaching of a long-held Catholic position.

It's amazing, you know practically nothing of Catholic history, and not much more of your own history, yet you express credulity when people don't engage you in debate.

Flail away in the wind alone, my friend. At least I still tried to engage you in conversation. But the others were right: you're too far gone.

Adios.

Barry Morris
11-20-2015, 01:36 PM
Adios?? You promise??

RWGR
11-20-2015, 02:04 PM
You need me like an addict needs heroin

RWGR
11-20-2015, 02:04 PM
Why don't you put me on ignore, Barry?

RWGR
11-20-2015, 02:05 PM
because you CAN'T!!!!!!!

:) :) :)

I WIN

The Voice
11-21-2015, 07:41 AM
Having a little trouble matching that up with what happened in Paris.

We are not talking about Paris we are talking about Syria and Iraq.

SB and his sidekick are claiming that ISIS is embroiled in a Guerilla action in The middle East which they are not They are trying to create a Islamic state with an Infrastructure. They are fighting a Conventional War with Conventional Arms. They are making no attempt to blend into general population. SB and his sidekick think that it is easy as pie to hide a tank then just bring it back out when you need it.(Honestly some people just don't seem to think things through)

As far as Paris Goes that is ALSO NOT a Guerilla Action it is a Terrorist Act.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

Anapeg
11-21-2015, 09:13 AM
We are not talking about Paris we are talking about Syria and Iraq.

SB and his sidekick are claiming that ISIS is embroiled in a Guerilla action in The middle East which they are not They are trying to create a Islamic state with an Infrastructure. They are fighting a Conventional War with Conventional Arms. They are making no attempt to blend into general population. SB and his sidekick think that it is easy as pie to hide a tank then just bring it back out when you need it.(Honestly some people just don't seem to think things through)

As far as Paris Goes that is ALSO NOT a Guerilla Action it is a Terrorist Act.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

You are being deliberately obtuse. I am not saying they are embroiled in a guerrilla action. I draw a simple comparison to ISIS' ability to melt into the population at will as did the Vietnamese and you insist on making more of it to obfuscate my point.

Hans
11-21-2015, 04:11 PM
They don't really melt in. They take control of a city and kill anyone who disagrees with them.
That is not exactly blending in.

Barry Morris
11-21-2015, 06:51 PM
They don't really melt in. They take control of a city and kill anyone who disagrees with them.
That is not exactly blending in.

Now who is being bizarre!!! :) :) :)

BFLPE
11-22-2015, 02:47 PM
So much drama. So much overblown hype. ISIS is a minor problem, it's the jayvee team. It's also contained. Nothing to worry about. Sure, there may be a few minor setbacks like Paris but in the greater scheme that's nothing. Doesn't anyone listen to the leader of the free world anymore?

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001795785/179137571_obama_clown_answer_5_xlarge.jpeg

BFLPE
11-22-2015, 03:52 PM
I'm starting to wonder if Obama may be right on this one actually.

ISIS is no real threat to us here in the west. Sure, they will manage to convince some nut cases to blow themselves up in Times Square or shoot up a shopping mall in Chicago but those nut cases would find another reason to do the same if ISIS wasn't around.

What about the Caliphate? If you believe as they do then the Caliphate is inevitable. If you believe otherwise then it's no threat to us. Unless they manage to take control of Russia's nukes that is.

The Middle East is f#$%!* up and this is just another religious power struggle for the region. Every time we try to 'fix it' we just make it worse. Let them fight it out.

RWGR
11-22-2015, 07:12 PM
I love how when Paris is attacked, and 120-some are killed, and France goes into a potential three months of a martial law-like state, that is perfectly fine.

But let the US incorporate the Patriot Act after 3,000 of its people are killed in a terrorist attack and it's the sign of a potential police state.

America Envy creates very, very unique situations.

RWGR
11-23-2015, 09:15 AM
and if this was the US the cries of "police state!" would be deafening

As the work week begins in Brussels, a major European capital, schools, shopping malls and the subway remain closed. Soldiers and heavily armed police are out in force on the streets, and people have been warned to avoid large gatherings.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/23/world/paris-attacks/index.html

Anapeg
11-23-2015, 11:09 AM
In lieu of being able to stop something from happening governments like to overreact to the aftermath. Too little, too late. It shows they are concerned. More often than not it does little good.

The Voice
11-23-2015, 12:53 PM
One more time then I am done. While carrying on as insurgents, they are rather easy to spot and deal with carrying heavy weaponry and all.

Let me guess this is you not claiming that ISIS is carrying on an Guerrilla(Insurgency) Action.

The Voice
11-23-2015, 01:15 PM

How easy is it to just blend in when you are driving a tank or a truck pulling a 155mm Howitzer?

The Voice
11-23-2015, 01:46 PM
Now who is being bizarre!!! :) :) :)

That is EXACTLY what they are doing in the middle East so Just WHO is being BIZARRE now.

Honestly if you do-not know what is going on in Syria and Iraq why do you insist on acting like an expert?

Barry Morris
11-23-2015, 01:57 PM
I always find amusing the careful analysis of what people didn't say.

Let me try one more time. In this particular war, it would be easy for the bad guys to put down , or bury their weapons, and blend into the local populace. Got that so far??

By all means, if he carries a gun, or rides in a weaponized vehicle, shoot him!!!

But if not, you have a problem.

Hope that helps.

The Voice
11-23-2015, 02:14 PM
By all means, if he carries a gun, or rides in a weaponized vehicle, shoot him!!!.

I don't know how many times it has to be explained to you that they are NOT FIGHTING a GUERRILLA ACTION in the Middle East. They are fighting a conventional war with TANKS and HOWITZERS THEY ARE EASY AS PIE TO SPOT.

The Voice
11-23-2015, 02:16 PM
Honestly trying to educate some people is like talking to a wall around this place, especially when they think they are gods appointed expert on EVERYTHING.

Anapeg
11-23-2015, 04:15 PM
I don't know how many times it has to be explained to you that they are NOT FIGHTING a GUERRILLA ACTION in the Middle East. They are fighting a conventional war with TANKS and HOWITZERS THEY ARE EASY AS PIE TO SPOT.

Yet when they walk away from said tanks and Howitzers do they not look just like the family man beside them walking in the street?

Hans
11-23-2015, 05:26 PM
When was the last time ISIS walked away from a fight?

Barry Morris
11-23-2015, 05:30 PM
When was the last time ISIS walked away from a fight?

Nothing says it can't happen. Faced with overwhelming force, they could just disappear.

Do try to remember that the weapon with the greatest potential is the human mind.

Barry Morris
11-23-2015, 05:31 PM
Honestly trying to educate some people is like talking to a wall around this place, especially when they think they are gods appointed expert on EVERYTHING.

Curious why you feel the need to be insulting?

Hans
11-23-2015, 05:33 PM
Disappear and then what? They go back to their old life?
None of their members are interested in disappearing. They want to establish a Caliphate and rule it themselves.

Barry Morris
11-23-2015, 05:34 PM
None of their members are interested in disappearing. They want to establish a Caliphate and rule it themselves.

You're pretty one track, aren't you.

Hans
11-23-2015, 05:36 PM
Barry, what is ISIS according to you? What do they stand for?

BFLPE
11-23-2015, 05:46 PM
None of their members are interested in disappearing. They want to establish a Caliphate and rule it themselves.I don't think many of their members believe whole heartedly in the Caliphate. They just want to be on the winning team and would change alliances in a heart beat. Not many really want martyrdom and are just trying their best to survive.

Barry Morris
11-23-2015, 06:27 PM
Barry, what is ISIS according to you? What do they stand for?

That is not the point of discussion.

Barry Morris
11-23-2015, 06:27 PM
I don't think many of their members believe whole heartedly in the Caliphate. They just want to be on the winning team and would change alliances in a heart beat. Not many really want martyrdom and are just trying their best to survive.

Plus they are getting paid good money, I heard.

Hans
11-23-2015, 06:28 PM
In order to win a conflict you have to understand your opponent.

RWGR
11-23-2015, 06:35 PM
That is not the point of discussion.

Well, you said he had a one-track mind, when he made the comment ISIS is only interested in establishing a caliphate.

If they have any other goal, could you let us in on it?

Barry Morris
11-23-2015, 06:38 PM
In order to win a conflict you have to understand your opponent.

The purpose of war is to get your enemy to change his mind.

Always leave room for your enemy to become your friend.

Hans
11-23-2015, 06:39 PM
The purpose of war is to get your enemy to change his mind.

Always leave room for your enemy to become your friend.

I have never heard of that before?

RWGR
11-23-2015, 06:43 PM
He ain't quoting Machiavelli or Sun Tzu, that's for sure.

Anapeg
11-23-2015, 08:32 PM

Of course, you are right Hans. Who would drop their toys and hide so as to fight another day when faced with a failing fight. They would stand pat and die. I should have thought this out prior to our discussion. Sorry for wasting your time.

The Voice
11-23-2015, 10:17 PM
Nothing says it can't happen. Faced with overwhelming force, they could just disappear.

Do try to remember that the weapon with the greatest potential is the human mind.

Really where are they hiding their TANKS???

Barry Morris
11-23-2015, 10:22 PM
Of course, you are right Hans. Who would drop their toys and hide so as to fight another day when faced with a failing fight. They would stand pat and die. I should have thought this out prior to our discussion. Sorry for wasting your time.

Yeah, me too.

Hans
11-24-2015, 07:22 AM

They would stand and die, that is correct. How else do you think they get their members to do suicide missions and blow themselves up if required?

RWGR
11-24-2015, 10:30 AM
Really where are they hiding their TANKS???

This is a tankless generation.

http://cordis.europa.eu/infowin/acts/analysys/products/handbook/groucho-max.gif

Barry Morris
11-24-2015, 12:13 PM
Russian jet shot down, pilots machine gunned??

Interesting!!!

RWGR
11-24-2015, 12:20 PM
Shot down by Turkey

Anapeg
11-24-2015, 02:23 PM
Extraordinary meeting called by the UN at Turkey' request. Is Barry' scenario looking possible to the non-believers now?

RWGR
11-24-2015, 03:15 PM
What scenario? How every news event is probably the start of Armageddon?

Anapeg
11-24-2015, 05:44 PM
What scenario? How every news event is probably the start of Armageddon?

Not at all. Rather how the slightest provocation could, you will notice the qualifier, 'could' set things in motion. An offence at a fighter shot down, retaliation, retribution. A single death has started wars in the past.

Hans
11-24-2015, 08:25 PM
You do realize Russia has shot down an American commercial airliner and killed all 269 passengers including a Representative from Georgia in the United States House of Representatives, for violating Russian air space, correct?
So I would not be concerned when a military plane flying near a war zone is shot down for violating airspace.

RWGR
11-24-2015, 09:24 PM
Putin will raise a fuss, but it will all blow over in days...nay, hours.

BFLPE
11-24-2015, 09:29 PM
Is Barry' scenario looking possible to the non-believers now?On par with soc's assertion that female swims would usher in Sharia Law.

Things are getting interesting in the middle east though. The next 14 months will likely see more than one thing to get the doom and gloomers in a tizzy.

RWGR
11-24-2015, 09:34 PM
On par with soc's assertion that female swims would usher in Sharia Law.

forgot that beauty!

Barry Morris
11-24-2015, 10:07 PM
1 Thessalonians 5:2-4

2 For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. 3 While they are saying, "Peace and safety!" then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief;

Yup, peace and safety, we got it!!! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
11-24-2015, 10:08 PM
You do realize Russia has shot down an American commercial airliner and killed all 269 passengers including a Representative from Georgia in the United States House of Representatives, for violating Russian air space, correct?
So I would not be concerned when a military plane flying near a war zone is shot down for violating airspace.

I don't think the world was in quite such a tizzy at that time.

RWGR
11-25-2015, 09:07 AM
1 Thessalonians 5:2-4

2 For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. 3 While they are saying, "Peace and safety!" then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief;…

Yup, peace and safety, we got it!!! :) :) :)

That is so frightening, it's like the only thing missing from that is "...wheneth the Russian jeteth get shoteth downeth..."

it's practically a slam dunk

Hans
11-25-2015, 08:48 PM
I don't think the world was in quite such a tizzy at that time.

This was in 1983 and was one of the tensest moments of the cold war, especially since in 1983 the cold war tension between the USA and USSR was already at one of it's highest peaks.

Barry Morris
11-29-2015, 12:26 AM
"These are people who want to stick it to the man," says Brynen, and whether it's through a recruiter or online propaganda, an angry individual can fall under the group's sway. "It's not a difficult transition from marginalized, poor, low-life criminal to ISIS volunteer."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/isis-1.3336540

The Voice
01-03-2016, 06:07 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/isis-israel-is-the-only-country-terrorist-group-fears-says-first-western-journalist-to-survive-islamic-state/ar-BBo9ksn?ocid=spartanntp

Hmmm??? I wonder where we heard that before???

Barry Morris
01-03-2016, 08:41 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/isis-israel-is-the-only-country-terrorist-group-fears-says-first-western-journalist-to-survive-islamic-state/ar-BBo9ksn?ocid=spartanntp

Hmmm??? I wonder where we heard that before???

It's not true ISIS fears Israel???

Where are you coming from??

The Voice
01-03-2016, 10:05 AM
It's not true ISIS fears Israel???

Where are you coming from??

Considering you don't really seem to understand the nature of ISIS as a Political Organization. I won't likely defer to you as an expert.

Barry Morris
01-03-2016, 10:10 AM
Considering you don't really seem to understand the nature of ISIS as a Political Organization. I won't likely defer to you as an expert.

No answer?? No surprise.

The Voice
01-03-2016, 10:16 AM
No answer?? No surprise.

Answer What??? You didn't supply anything to Refute the Link I supplied.

I bet you really miss the days when you could go in and edit posts to cover your tracks???

RWGR
01-03-2016, 11:31 AM
LOL, Canada gets its a** kicked at the WJC, the Politics section of Soonet blows up!!

We win!!!!!!!!!!

The Voice
01-05-2016, 07:56 PM
LOL, Canada gets its a** kicked at the WJC, the Politics section of Soonet blows up!!

We win!!!!!!!!!!

This doesn't even make any sense, perhaps you could explain yourself professor?

Anapeg
01-05-2016, 08:11 PM
This doesn't even make any sense, perhaps you could explain yourself, professor?

He fires one round for effect. Now he waits for someone, anyone to take the bait.

Barry Morris
01-05-2016, 08:51 PM
...I bet you really miss the days when you could go in and edit posts to cover your tracks???

That belief would make you a liar too.

And considering the insulting crap I DID leave in, kinda dumb on your part too.

Barry Morris
01-05-2016, 08:52 PM
He fires one round for effect. Now he waits for someone, anyone to take the bait.

Did someone post???

Anapeg
01-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Did someone post???

R Dubya.

Barry Morris
01-05-2016, 08:56 PM
R Dubya.

Good comparison.

The Voice
01-05-2016, 09:21 PM
That belief would make you a liar too.

Be careful who you are calling a liar there berian. It is a pretty shady area between that and a mistake as we all well know.

RWGR
01-06-2016, 11:31 AM

And that's just your own posts

Barry Morris
01-06-2016, 01:40 PM
Be careful who you are calling a liar there berian. It is a pretty shady area between that and a mistake as we all well know.

I'm sure you know, after calling a regular customer a stalker.

I apologize for my mistakes, but I have never felt the need to apologize for what have been called lies.

Barry Morris
01-06-2016, 01:41 PM
And that's just your own posts

Oh?? Do YOU have an imaginary wife??

RWGR
01-06-2016, 02:03 PM
Oh?? Do YOU have an imaginary wife??

No, but I know who does!! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
01-06-2016, 02:34 PM
No, but I know who does!! :) :) :)

My wife is real enough.

Straight people often have them!!

RWGR
01-06-2016, 03:22 PM
My wife is real enough.

Straight people often have them!!

Which makes it even more strange you had to invent one!! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
01-06-2016, 04:02 PM
Which makes it even more strange you had to invent one!!

Now THAT is funny!!! :) :) :)

The Voice
01-08-2016, 05:14 PM
I'm sure you know, after calling a regular customer a stalker.

I apologize for my mistakes, but I have never felt the need to apologize for what have been called lies.

You didn't come as a customer that day and claiming you did only makes you look more shady there Berian.

I wonder how many other persona's you have there Eyegore.

Barry Morris
01-09-2016, 12:30 AM
You didn't come as a customer that day and claiming you did only makes you look more shady there Berian.

I wonder how many other persona's you have there Eyegore.

Interesting analysis there. How DO you tell the difference between a stalker one day and a businessman the next??

RWGR
01-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Interesting analysis there. How DO you tell the difference between a stalker one day and a businessman the next??

By the teenage girls they follow on Facebook

Barry Morris
01-09-2016, 11:07 AM
By the teenage girls they follow on Facebook

Got a few teenage girls who are friends on facebook, and I'm not embarrassed about it at all.

No reason to be.

Only those with one thing on their minds would think so.

The Voice
01-09-2016, 11:29 AM

I was going to let it go but you keep insisting on bringing it up.

Another way to tell is when they take a round about way to get where they are going and stop and look in an office door for no other apparent reason than to make sure the target knows they are headed into his bosses office.

Don't worry I documented everything. I learned a long time ago the best way to protect yourself is by making detailed notes.

Barry Morris
01-09-2016, 11:51 AM
I was going to let it go but you keep insisting on bringing it up.

Another way to tell is when they take a round about way to get where they are going and stop and look in an office door for no other apparent reason than to make sure the target knows they are headed into his bosses office.

Don't worry I documented everything. I learned a long time ago the best way to protect yourself is by making detailed notes.

Indeed, it's always a good idea to make notes, and document everything.

So because a long time customer, who spent hundreds or thousands of dollars in your establishment over the years, took a look around the store, you think he's a stalker. Interesting viewpoint. Curious why you think a person would jeopardize a good business relationship by doing that.

Well, don't be concerned, it won't happen again.

The Voice
01-09-2016, 12:17 PM
I love people who spend hundreds of dollars and think they are big shots.

The Voice
01-09-2016, 12:18 PM
And they think the lowly retail peons should kiss their boots because they spend hundreds of dollars.

The Voice
01-09-2016, 12:22 PM
Indeed, it's always a good idea to make notes, and document everything.

So because a long time customer, who spent hundreds or thousands of dollars in your establishment over the years, took a look around the store, you think he's a stalker. Interesting viewpoint. Curious why you think a person would jeopardize a good business relationship by doing that.

Well, don't be concerned, it won't happen again.

No I think that because he made a point of passing by my office and stopping by the door long enough for me to look up from my work so I knew he was there.

But don't worry I went right in my bosses office after you left to make them aware of the situation.

BFLPE
01-09-2016, 12:29 PM
Hey boss, that guy that was just here is a stalker from Soonet?

You both need to put this silly Soonet stuff into perspective.

I do appreciate the entertainment value though.

The Voice
01-09-2016, 12:43 PM

There is a lot more to it than that, but I agree and I am not the one who keeps bringing it up.

Also I am not going to let someone honest enough to post under different user names get away with calling me a Liar.

The Voice
01-09-2016, 12:51 PM
Just because you claim to be a christian doesn't mean you are above reproach. It's pretty easy to tell what the other Christians on here think of your heavy handed approach.

Oh I remember now, turn the other cheek doesn't apply to you because you are a militant christian.

Barry Morris
01-09-2016, 01:03 PM

So do I, it's hilarious!!!

Barry Morris
01-09-2016, 01:06 PM
There is a lot more to it than that, but I agree and I am not the one who keeps bringing it up.

Also I am not going to let someone honest enough to post under different user names get away with calling me a Liar.

Are you the only one that didn't know that The Berean was used by my daughter, my son and myself on occasion???

As to bringing it up, you keep attacking in different ways. I respond. I might mention that you actually apologized for the 'stalker" comment once, but kept coming back.

Barry Morris
01-09-2016, 01:08 PM
Just because you claim to be a christian doesn't mean you are above reproach. It's pretty easy to tell what the other Christians on here think of your heavy handed approach.

Oh I remember now, turn the other cheek doesn't apply to you because you are a militant christian.

Nope, I have never been above reproach.

But there's no reason to take any crap, from anybody.

Especially other Christians with their own agendas!!

Barry Morris
01-09-2016, 01:13 PM
I love people who spend hundreds of dollars and think they are big shots.

I used to deal at Soo Piano. Remember them?? One of their employees was insulting on a regular basis. That's when I went over to Arnills.

No, the money I spent at your establishment wasn't all that much. But it makes me wonder how many others are turned off the same way.

You have a nice day!!!

The Voice
01-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Are you the only one that didn't know that The Berean was used by my daughter, my son and myself on occasion???

As to bringing it up, you keep attacking in different ways. I respond. I might mention that you actually apologized for the 'stalker" comment once, but kept coming back.

I didn't apologize I let it go. You are the one who keeps bringing it up like you did in this thread and accused me of being a liar.

As far as the Berian Goes You are the one who was using that profile to try and stir the pot while you were the moderator as SB.

You can sugar coat it all you want but it doesn't come off as a very honest move to me.

Barry Morris
01-09-2016, 01:19 PM
I didn't apologize I let it go. You are the one who keeps bringing it up like you did in this thread and accused me of being a liar.

As far as the Berian Goes You are the one who was using that profile to try and stir the pot while you were the moderator as SB.

You can sugar coat it all you want but it doesn't come off as a very honest move to me.

It was suggested to me that I use a different name when posting as an individual when operating as a mod. Didn't work out. But the identity was never really hidden.

As to the rest, the only comment can be :) :) :)

The Voice
01-09-2016, 01:21 PM
But it makes me wonder how many others are turned off the same way.

Most People are polite and if they aren't I don't care where they spend their hundreds of dollars.

Being a retail worker doesn't mean you have to be someones whipping boy. I have asked more than one customer to leave for being rude to my staff.

BFLPE
01-09-2016, 01:22 PM
...when operating as a mod... Didn't work out...Didn't work out is a bit of an understatement. :)

Barry Morris
01-09-2016, 01:26 PM
Most People are polite and if they aren't I don't care where they spend their hundreds of dollars.

Being a retail worker doesn't mean you have to be someones whipping boy. I have asked more than one customer to leave for being rude to my staff.

I love it!!!

Barry Morris
01-09-2016, 01:26 PM
Didn't work out is a bit of an understatement. :)

Yup. Lots of BS out there!!!

The Voice
01-09-2016, 01:37 PM
It was suggested to me that I use a different name when posting as an individual when operating as a mod. Didn't work out. But the identity was never really hidden.

Someone suggested that to you and as the forthright person that you are you said hey I should try some deceitful tactics.

Full on damage control mode.

Barry Morris
01-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Someone suggested that to you and as the forthright person that you are you said hey I should try some deceitful tactics.

Like claiming you have staff??

RWGR
01-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Did he claim he has a staffy?

Barry Morris
01-11-2016, 05:20 PM

BTW, as I recall, it was admin that suggested it.

Barry Morris
01-11-2016, 05:21 PM
Did he claim he has a staffy?

You know what they say about people who don't get something....it's all they can think of!!!

RWGR
01-11-2016, 06:13 PM
You know what they say about people who don't get something....it's all they can think of!!!

That must be why you talk about the Bible all the time! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
01-11-2016, 06:42 PM
That must be why you talk about the Bible all the time! :) :) :)

Smart, very smart.