PDA

View Full Version : More wonderful Essar news

Chachinga
11-13-2015, 07:56 AM
Why would any of these places give Essar so much credit and not cut them off long before now??
Surely they are on COD with everyone at this point.
Super brutal.

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/details.asp?c=100776

Peety
11-13-2015, 08:13 AM
Insane.

IMHO
11-13-2015, 08:45 AM
They are proving to be POOR corporate citizens. It is an embarrassment that our beautiful Sault memorial Gardens carries the ESSAR name. How on earth are they ever going to pay their debts to the locals? Why do they think they are above paying bills like everyone else? Are they here in our city to simply siphon off profits and "mail" them overseas?

I also wonder what is included in the 14 million they owe the city. Is it all back taxes...or...?

Chachinga
11-13-2015, 08:59 AM
They are proving to be POOR corporate citizens. It is an embarrassment that our beautiful Sault memorial Gardens carries the ESSAR name. How on earth are they ever going to pay their debts to the locals? Why do they think they are above paying bills like everyone else? Are they here in our city to simply siphon off profits and "mail" them overseas?

I also wonder what is included in the 14 million they owe the city. Is it all back taxes...or...?

How could anyone think otherwise?
They are the worst corporate citizens this city has ever seen.
Their owners could pay off these debts with their pocket change if they wanted to.
They have shipped out record amounts of product in the last few years.
Where did all the money go?
A forensic accounting team needs to show us exactly where it went.
This will not have a happy ending.

ctf
11-13-2015, 02:46 PM
$38,920,338.00

Amount owed to local economy.

Great Corporate Citizens - Not.

Hans
11-13-2015, 04:24 PM

Makes you wonder how some of those local companies are managed, to continue providing services when you can clearly see you are not getting paid.
You don't accumulate bills > $1 million in a few weeks.

That's not the fault of Essar.

pyper39
11-13-2015, 06:10 PM
Essar has been playing this game with local economy for years. What is a company that depends on the steel mill to do? Its easy to criticize but they keep paying their employees and keep going and hope things get better. And just for the record these numbers posted are BS. I work for one of these companies on the list and Essar owes us twice the amount listed and we aren't alone the majority of the local companies are at list are owed twice the amount stated!!

blueboy
11-16-2015, 08:35 AM
Playing games ??? look at GM Look at Greece This not a game

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 09:55 AM
Why would any of these places give Essar so much credit and not cut them off long before now??
Surely they are on COD with everyone at this point.
Super brutal.

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/details.asp?c=100776

They pay off part of their debt to companies they need more supplies from.

Chachinga
11-16-2015, 12:26 PM
About the only ones who will benefit from this huge mess is as usual, the lawyers.
Although I feel for the creditors, many of them screwed themselves for letting it get as deep as they did, you have to admit some of these amounts are beyond ridiculous.

And then we read this....

"If you did business with Essar Steel Algoma before November 9th, 2015, chances are youíre not going to get paid.

Thatís the word coming from Essar Steel Algoma CEO Kalyan Ghosh to creditors this week as the steelmaker filed for creditor protection."

Someone needs to go and remove their signs from the local arena, they have no right to continue to advertise their name in this city after massively screwing it over as they have.

IMHO
11-16-2015, 12:37 PM
About the only ones who will benefit from this huge mess is as usual, the lawyers.
Although I feel for the creditors, many of them screwed themselves for letting it get as deep as they did, you have to admit some of these amounts are beyond ridiculous.

And then we read this....

"If you did business with Essar Steel Algoma before November 9th, 2015, chances are youíre not going to get paid.

Thatís the word coming from Essar Steel Algoma CEO Kalyan Ghosh to creditors this week as the steelmaker filed for creditor protection."

Someone needs to go and remove their signs from the local arena, they have no right to continue to advertise their name in this city after massively screwing it over as they have.

lets get the name changed to THE SAULT MEMORIAL GARDENS....lets in that way honour the honourable...our veterans.

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 01:33 PM
Maybe all those local companies should get together and buy the place.

Oh, and by the way, turf 2251 at the same time!!

The Chronic Liar
11-16-2015, 02:55 PM
lets get the name changed to THE SAULT MEMORIAL GARDENS....lets in that way honour the honourable...our veterans.

Why in gods name would we do that when we can get companies to pay for their name up there? You sound like those people who wanted Tim Horton's to have a remembrance day cup. There are other ways to honour veterans. How about you donate 20% of your income to the Legion. If you say no to that then you're an awful person.

BFLPE
11-16-2015, 03:01 PM
I know I'm awful, now I know why and how to fix it. Thanks fibber.

The Chronic Liar
11-16-2015, 03:36 PM
I know I'm awful, now I know why and how to fix it. Thanks fibber.

Why are you awful?

BFLPE
11-16-2015, 03:37 PM
I ****d my income and don't support the legion.

The Chronic Liar
11-16-2015, 03:48 PM
I ****d my income and don't support the legion.

That's okay. You don't have to support everyone monetarily.

Chachinga
11-16-2015, 04:27 PM
Maybe all those local companies should get together and buy the place.

Oh, and by the way, turf 2251 at the same time!!

Pretty dumb comment, Barry.

Half of these companies will be lucky not go tits ups themselves after the massive screwing over by the Essar bandits.

Chachinga
11-16-2015, 04:42 PM

Don't know that you'll care for the flavor of this tobacco, but stick a wad of it in your mouth and give it a chew....

http://saultonline.com/2015/11/essar-centre-name-is-paid-in-full/

Peety
11-16-2015, 04:46 PM
What was Essar Center called before?

The Chronic Liar
11-16-2015, 05:16 PM
What was Essar Center called before?

Oh Peety. The Steeback Centre

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 05:53 PM
Don't know that you'll care for the flavor of this tobacco, but stick a wad of it in your mouth and give it a chew....

http://saultonline.com/2015/11/essar-centre-name-is-paid-in-full/

So take the name off the thing and apply the bucks to their back taxes!!!

ctf
11-16-2015, 06:00 PM

Are we so sure that they are up to date on their payments?

Anapeg
11-16-2015, 09:26 PM
Are we so sure that they are up to date on their payments?

Said so on the news.

The Chronic Liar
11-16-2015, 10:35 PM

I'm sure that would be legal.

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 11:47 PM
I'm sure that would be legal.

Lots of legal going around.

Not so much moral.

BFLPE
11-17-2015, 04:50 PM
That's okay. You don't have to support everyone monetarily.

OK, thanks.

Chachinga
11-18-2015, 11:28 AM
They sure have kicked the shlt out of a lot ssm businesses, unprecedented I bet.
Some may soon be out of business for good after a massive hit like that.
The Ruia family could easily be cleaning up this mess but they would rather screw over whoever they need to so it doesn't affect their bottom line. Heartless greedy b@stards.

Anapeg
11-18-2015, 12:16 PM
They sure have kicked the shlt out of a lot ssm businesses, unprecedented I bet.
Some may soon be out of business for good after a massive hit like that.
The Ruia family could easily be cleaning up this mess but they would rather screw over whoever they need to so it doesn't affect their bottom line. Heartless greedy b@stards.

One does not become a multi millionaire by handing out money. The tighter they be, the more rapid their financial assent. Have no care for the underlings is from chapter 1 of How to be rich.

Chachinga
11-19-2015, 08:53 AM
One does not become a multi Billionaire by handing out money. The tighter they be, the more rapid their financial assent. Have no care for the underlings is from chapter 1 of How to be rich.

Sad, they need to pull up stakes and leave this country.

ctf
11-19-2015, 10:14 AM
One does not become a multi millionaire by handing out money. The tighter they be, the more rapid their financial assent. Have no care for the underlings is from chapter 1 of How to be rich.

Chpt 2 - Lie, cheat, Steal and don't pay Bills

Anapeg
11-19-2015, 11:09 AM
Chpt 2 - Lie, cheat, Steal and don't pay Bills

Now this chapter is rather easy to follow as it is human nature at it's worst yet somehow acceptable to a point. This is aided by the general public's short attention span and willingness to buy indiscriminately. We see only the finished product before us not what it took to gather assorted widgets, assemble them as inexpensively as possible and get the to a store, this includes more lying, cheating and not paying bills.

Barry Morris
11-19-2015, 11:11 AM
Now this chapter is rather easy to follow as it is human nature at it's worst yet somehow acceptable to a point. This is aided by the general public's short attention span and willingness to buy indiscriminately. We see only the finished product before us not what it took to gather assorted widgets, assemble them as inexpensively as possible and get the to a store, this includes more lying, cheating and not paying bills.

Capitalism is what we wanted.

Now we begin to see the ultimate result.

RWGR
11-19-2015, 11:13 AM
just...wow

RWGR
11-19-2015, 11:18 AM
Want to thank Capitalism for something?

Here you go, the Industrial Revolution at work, thanks to Capitalistic countries ...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/content.washingtonexaminer.biz/web-producers/033015Global-poverty-chart.png

Anapeg
11-19-2015, 02:05 PM
Want to thank Capitalism for something?

Here you go, the Industrial Revolution at work, thanks to Capitalistic countries ...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/content.washingtonexaminer.biz/web-producers/033015Global-poverty-chart.png

I give you Monsanto...

Barry Morris
11-19-2015, 02:36 PM
Where did that chart come from??

RWGR
11-19-2015, 02:44 PM
Where did that chart come from??

That's rich, coming from you :) :) :)

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/amazing-chart-shows-thanks-to-capitalism-global-poverty-is-at-its-lowest-rate-in-history/article/2562224

Barry Morris
11-19-2015, 02:56 PM
That's rich, coming from you :) :) :)

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/amazing-chart-shows-thanks-to-capitalism-global-poverty-is-at-its-lowest-rate-in-history/article/2562224

Naturally, we are expected to accept it because it comes from you??

OK.

What else ya got?

RWGR
11-19-2015, 03:08 PM
Naturally, we are expected to accept it because it comes from you??

OK.

What else ya got?

What else do you need? I provided a chart based on lots of data, from a reputable source. In other words, I did the exact opposite of what you would do :) :) :)

You think the chart is wrong? Then it is up to you to provide proof it is so.

You see, you want everyone else to do your heavy-lifting for you. It don't work that way, champ.

Chachinga
11-25-2015, 11:54 AM
This is turning into a nightmare for several local businesses and contractors.
Some will not survive this screwing over by these corporate bandits.

Hans
11-25-2015, 07:54 PM
They screwed themselves over by providing services without getting actually paid, assuming they would get paid down the road.
That is not a good business strategy, and makes me wonder why the Construction Association does not mention that in their article: http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/details.asp?c=101494

They are more interested in taking the government grant money away from Essar and paying themselves with it.
Maybe they should put up a course for their members on how to properly bill and collect payment.

riggs
11-25-2015, 08:16 PM
This is turning into a nightmare for several local businesses and contractors.
Some will not survive this screwing over by these corporate bandits.

Yet many continue to come in on primary down days.

Hans
11-25-2015, 08:53 PM
Smell of money does many things.