PDA

View Full Version : Canada's Warriors...

Barry Morris
11-15-2015, 08:50 AM
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/11/14/after-paris-now-is-not-the-time-to-cut-and-run-dimanno.html

Welcome to the real world, Justin!! "Real Change" is out the window, just like that!!!

The Chronic Liar
11-15-2015, 10:56 AM
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/11/14/after-paris-now-is-not-the-time-to-cut-and-run-dimanno.html

Welcome to the real world, Justin!! "Real Change" is out the window, just like that!!!

Actually now is the time for real change. A military response. There is no other way to deal with radicals.

Barry Morris
11-15-2015, 05:27 PM
Check out the "Okay" thread.

The Chronic Liar
11-15-2015, 06:31 PM
Looks like France is taking it seriously.

Barry Morris
11-15-2015, 06:42 PM
Looks like France is taking it seriously.

I noticed.

Any reports of the effectiveness??

Hans
11-15-2015, 07:45 PM
It will only be effective if Syria and several other countries are put under allied command.
Anything else will not work.
Unless something extreme happened,I highly doubt it will happen, It would violate international law.

riggs
11-15-2015, 09:16 PM
I noticed.

Any reports of the effectiveness??

I'm not sure how effective France can be in 2 days. What would you recommend in the time frame since the attacks?

Barry Morris
11-15-2015, 09:56 PM
I'm not sure how effective France can be in 2 days. What would you recommend in the time frame since the attacks?

Simple. How many bad guys were killed??

First time I've agreed with Trump: “When you look at Paris, the toughest gun laws in the world, nobody had guns but the bad guys,” he said at a campaign event in Beaumont, Texas."

riggs
11-15-2015, 10:58 PM
Simple. How many bad guys were killed??

First time I've agreed with Trump: “When you look at Paris, the toughest gun laws in the world, nobody had guns but the bad guys,” he said at a campaign event in Beaumont, Texas."

So your answer is???

Barry Morris
11-15-2015, 11:18 PM
So your answer is???

Talk to them. Why exactly ARE they fighting?? Is it REALLY religion??? I don't think so, not entirely.

Can we get other Muslims to stop them?? That would be the best solution, because their culture will forever go after the infidel who attacked them.

I firmly believe that all this terror plays into the hands of those who want to control the whole world. Call me a conspiracist if you want, but one world government makes perfect sense from a logical point of view. So does the total security potentially afforded by modern technology.

The only effective alternative is genocide.

The Chronic Liar
11-15-2015, 11:24 PM
Yup, they will all stand in line for you to shoot them!!!

By the time you've got the 300 thousand lined up, the bad guys have buried their guns, and gone back to live with their families.

How will you identify them then??

Talk to them? 300,000 of them or do you think there is a guy who says I talked to the some people and we can call this all off?

Talk to them. Why exactly ARE they fighting?? Is it REALLY religion??? I don't think so, not entirely.

Can we get other Muslims to stop them?? That would be the best solution, because their culture will forever go after the infidel who attacked them.

I firmly believe that all this terror plays into the hands of those who want to control the whole world. Call me a conspiracist if you want, but one world government makes perfect sense from a logical point of view. So does the total security potentially afforded by modern technology.

riggs
11-16-2015, 12:07 AM

Open dialogue will have little effect on those who have been raised in an environment of prejudice and hatred. I can't see it being any different in their culture than it is in ours. Prejudice is taught and it becomes a belief in some so strong they can never overcome it. Then you have the disillusioned or lost soul who becomes the target for their radical teachings. Again it happens in our culture but for different purposes.

As for getting their brothers to speak to them.....I'm not so sure years of teaching and manipulation can be undone so easy. Hatred combined with religion is extremely powerful and all consuming much like a disease that can't be cured.

RWGR
11-16-2015, 08:12 AM

It's not genocide if the people you are killing attacked you first.

RWGR
11-16-2015, 08:14 AM
Talk to them. Why exactly ARE they fighting?? Is it REALLY religion??? I don't think so, not

Well, let's check their statement to see...

“In a blessed battle whose causes of success were enabled by Allah, a group of believers from the soldiers of the Caliphate (may Allah strengthen and support it) set out targeting the capital of prostitution and vice, the lead carrier of the cross in Europe – Paris.”

I'd say religion is a big part.

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 09:52 AM
It's not genocide if the people you are killing attacked you first.

It is if you have to kill all of them to get the bad guys.

Maybe God had it right in the Old Testament??

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 09:52 AM
Well, let's check their statement to see...

“In a blessed battle whose causes of success were enabled by Allah, a group of believers from the soldiers of the Caliphate (may Allah strengthen and support it) set out targeting the capital of prostitution and vice, the lead carrier of the cross in Europe – Paris.”

I'd say religion is a big part.

And I'd say that was just words.

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 09:54 AM
Open dialogue will have little effect on those who have been raised in an environment of prejudice and hatred. I can't see it being any different in their culture than it is in ours. Prejudice is taught and it becomes a belief in some so strong they can never overcome it. Then you have the disillusioned or lost soul who becomes the target for their radical teachings. Again it happens in our culture but for different purposes.

As for getting their brothers to speak to them.....I'm not so sure years of teaching and manipulation can be undone so easy. Hatred combined with religion is extremely powerful and all consuming much like a disease that can't be cured.

The irony is that most of these ideas actually come from western media.

BTW, you can speak to people. But violence may be needed.

RWGR
11-16-2015, 10:04 AM
And I'd say that was just words.

They want an Islamic state, a caliphate.

A caliphate (Arabic: خِلافة khilāfa) is a form of Islamic government led by a caliph (Arabic: خَليفة khalīfah pronunciation (help. · info))—a person considered a political and religious successor to the Islamic prophet, Muhammad (Muḥammad ibn ʿAbdullāh), and a leader of the entire Muslim community.

Your comment has little basis to support it. ISIS seems quite clear religion is the motivating factor in their actions.

RWGR
11-16-2015, 10:05 AM
The irony is that most of these ideas actually come from western media.

Do you have examples of this?

RWGR
11-16-2015, 10:12 AM
It is if you have to kill all of them to get the bad guys.

Maybe God had it right in the Old Testament??

I'm sure God did have it right in the OT, but seeing we humans can't turn bad people to salt, or part seas, we're limited in our options.

Bluesky
11-16-2015, 11:02 AM
The crux of the problem - ISIS folks believe they are under direct orders from God. "Their saviour" will not show up unless they fight, kill and destroy everything non-Muslim. And in the West, we do not believe that God will give us orders to pick up the sword to go to war. It is most certainly a religious ideology that is the force and motive behind ISIS, and until the West recognizes this, and understands what they truly believe, we will continue to mollycoddle ourselves with Political Correct doctrine. They believe we (the USA, but they include the entire Western world with the USA) are the Great Satan, and they will not stop until one of us is defeated. They will never negotiate.

In part, I agree with Barry, that these ongoing attacks will create the need for a fighting force and a governing body that has universal clout. A one-world govt is not too far off.

RWGR
11-16-2015, 11:07 AM
Pretty much sums it up.

I read somewhere online this weekend that this is the first time humanity has been held in the grips of a war of religion since the 1600s.

Interesting.

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 11:17 AM
I'm sure God did have it right in the OT, but seeing we humans can't turn bad people to salt, or part seas, we're limited in our options.

Too bad you don't know your bible well enough to know what I'm talking about.

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 11:19 AM
They want an Islamic state, a caliphate.

A caliphate (Arabic: خِلافة khilāfa) is a form of Islamic government led by a caliph (Arabic: خَليفة khalīfah pronunciation (help. · info))—a person considered a political and religious successor to the Islamic prophet, Muhammad (Muḥammad ibn ʿAbdullāh), and a leader of the entire Muslim community.

Your comment has little basis to support it. ISIS seems quite clear religion is the motivating factor in their actions.

Not only is western media your only source for this, I would not expect them to say anything else, regardless of the truth!!!

I'll bet you can't clearly define the reason for war.

BFLPE
11-16-2015, 11:25 AM
The crux of the problem - ISIS folks believe they are under direct orders from God...I wonder how many really believe that. Probably a very small percentage of the fighters. Cut the funds, take out the leadership and isis falls apart. Sounds easy but of course it's not that easy. And if we could do that what would emerge to fill the vacuum this time?

Muhammed Jamal can understand why many want to join ISIS.

“You get paid the most, you have the most weapons, you are with the most powerful group,” said Jamal, who as a Sunni Iraqi would have little trouble joining up with the group. ISIS has openly welcomed Sunni Muslims into its self-declared “Islamic State,” stretching 12,000 square miles through Syria and Iraq. “I’m not a fighter, but if I was that is who I’d join.”

Jamal fled Mosul, Iraq’s second biggest city, when ISIS militants captured it in early June. “I left Mosul when ISIS came because I thought it would be bombings and war there and I wanted to protect my family,” said Jamal, 31, who is now sheltering with several other Sunni families near the Kurdish city of Irbil. “But now I do think about going back. I don’t agree with their position on religion, but if they have money and can give us jobs … that would be more than anyone else has given us in years.”

At nearly $400 a month, ISIS pays its fighters nearly double what other groups in the region pay — from the moderate Free Syrian Army, to militant group Hezbollah, to even the Iraqi army — according to intelligence groups.

http://www.weaselzippers.us/197941-isis-pays-its-fighters-double-what-the-iraqi-army-hezbollah-other-sunni-jihadists-groups-pay-their-men/

RWGR
11-16-2015, 11:30 AM
Too bad you don't know your bible well enough to know what I'm talking about.

Sad to see you so angry, and always wanting to attack.

I know my Bible quite well, thanks. Just pointing out the silliness of your comment.

RWGR
11-16-2015, 11:32 AM
Not only is western media your only source for this, I would not expect them to say anything else, regardless of the truth!!!

Source? Link?

I'll bet you can't clearly define the reason for war

Funny you say that. We just spent a couple weeks going over "Just War Theory" in one of my classes.

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 12:50 PM
Sad to see you so angry, and always wanting to attack.

I know my Bible quite well, thanks. Just pointing out the silliness of your comment.

And that accounts for your off the mark comment!!

Thank you.

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 12:51 PM

Source? Link?

I'll bet you can't clearly define the reason for war

Funny you say that. We just spent a couple weeks going over "Just War Theory" in one of my classes.

So answer the question.

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 12:51 PM
I just occured to me to wonder why we have never seen an interview with a member of ISIS.

BFLPE
11-16-2015, 01:02 PM
I just occured to me to wonder why we have never seen an interview with a member of ISIS.Not sure the 'we' you refer to but the that we hasn't made the effort to seek out the interview(s) that can be easily found.

It occurred to me long ago to wonder why so many use the word 'we' when they clearly speak for only some.

RWGR
11-16-2015, 01:03 PM
So answer the question.

There was a question?

All I saw was some desperate attack.

RWGR
11-16-2015, 01:04 PM
Not sure the 'we' you refer to but the that we hasn't made the effort to seek out the interview(s) that can be easily found.

It occurred to me long ago to wonder why so many use the word 'we' when they clearly speak for only some.

Strange, isn't it?

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 01:29 PM

I was talking about genocide, and you come up with this.

Desparate?? Indeed you are, desparately avoiding answering questions you have no answers to!!!

Anapeg
11-16-2015, 01:30 PM
The crux of the problem - ISIS folks believe they are under direct orders from God. "Their saviour" will not show up unless they fight, kill and destroy everything non-Muslim. And in the West, we do not believe that God will give us orders to pick up the sword to go to war. It is most certainly a religious ideology that is the force and motive behind ISIS, and until the West recognizes this, and understands what they truly believe, we will continue to mollycoddle ourselves with Political Correct doctrine. They believe we (the USA, but they include the entire Western world with the USA) are the Great Satan, and they will not stop until one of us is defeated. They will never negotiate.

In part, I agree with Barry, that these ongoing attacks will create the need for a fighting force and a governing body that has universal clout. A one-world govt is not too far off.

With this being said, we in the west lack the intestinal fortitude to do the job as it needs be done. The West is the land of the infidel and as such we are (to certain sects) an abomination that requires elimination to sanctify their lands in/with our blood.

RWGR
11-16-2015, 01:30 PM
I was talking about genocide, and you come up with this.

Desparate?? Indeed you are, desparately avoiding answering questions you have no answers to!!!

If you tell me what the question is i will answer it for you

RWGR
11-16-2015, 01:31 PM
With this being said, we in the west lack the intestinal fortitude to do the job as it needs be done. The West is the land of the infidel and as such we are (to certain sects) an abomination that requires elimination to sanctify their lands in/with our blood.

Other than that, how's your Monday going? :)

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 01:31 PM
There was a question?

All I saw was some desperate attack.

You must be a hell of a teacher!!!

RWGR
11-16-2015, 01:32 PM
You must be a hell of a teacher!!!

Thank you!! :) :) :)

RWGR
11-16-2015, 02:19 PM
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/waleed-aly-hits-out-at-isis-over-paris-attacks-calls-them-weak/story-fn948wjf-1227611388541

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 03:10 PM
If you tell me what the question is i will answer it for you

Define the reason for war.

RWGR
11-16-2015, 03:16 PM
Define the reason for war.

That's quite a loaded question.

Do you mean war in general, or our current 'war' with ISIS?

War can be defensive. War can be offensive.

So, if you care to clarify I will then be able to offer a better answer.

The Chronic Liar
11-16-2015, 03:57 PM

He is the type that thinks these things can be answered in a couple sentences. When he says we should talk to 'them' he actually believes there is a person he can sit down with at Starbucks and hash out our problems in the middle east.

RWGR
11-16-2015, 04:16 PM
I believe you're right.

Eventually, the child-like innocence must give way to the realities of the day.

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 05:36 PM

War in general.

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 05:42 PM
He is the type that thinks these things can be answered in a couple sentences. When he says we should talk to 'them' he actually believes there is a person he can sit down with at Starbucks and hash out our problems in the middle east.

I believe you're right.
Eventually, the child-like innocence must give way to the realities of the day.

Chronic Liar believes these people have no leaders. The west trys to kill those leaders, but does not want to find out why they took up arms.

RWGR always goes for the insult. I doubt you can understand, but the the entire context of this world as it is, being called child-like is not an insult.

RWGR
11-16-2015, 06:18 PM
the entire context of this world as it is, being called child-like is not an insult.

But that's not a way to go through life.

The Bible says a child-like innocence is the best way to try and understand who and what God is. It never says the best way to go through life is to look at things as a child does. That would be a shocking refusal to act like an adult when adult-like actions are needed.

The answer to ISIS will come from the people who think and act like adults; not adults who see the reality of today and regress into a child-like state of mind.

RWGR
11-16-2015, 06:20 PM
War in general.

We go to war...

to take territory
to redress grievances
to use offense as the best defensive option
to help others who cannot help themselves
to take what is not ours
to take what once was ours
to take revenge

Lots of reasons we go to war.

Anapeg
11-16-2015, 07:37 PM
Other than that, how's your Monday going? :)

Just friggin' ducky. Yours?

Anapeg
11-16-2015, 07:55 PM
The Middle East rests on the shoulders of those who supposedly won the first and last world wars. Britain and The United States have individually and on their own placed people in power only to depose them later on, created countries where there were none and then have the audacity to look about when the whole damn thing explodes in their lying faces. You need not ask me for proof as there are enough among you educated much better than myself who knows intimately of what I speak. I use the collective "we" here but we all know of the lies the English told at the wars ends to appease those in the Middle East who chose to sell out their brethren for political backing and future guarantee's. I give you Iraq, The Shaw of Iran, Gaddafi and his boys, Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein, the list goes on ad nauseam. Please, feel free to prove me wrong. When the dictators stop behaving as we payed them to we do away with them.

RWGR
11-16-2015, 08:13 PM
The Middle East rests on the shoulders of those who supposedly won the first and last world wars. Britain and The United States have individually and on their own placed people in power only to depose them later on, created countries where there were none and then have the audacity to look about when the whole damn thing explodes in their lying faces. You need not ask me for proof as there are enough among you educated much better than myself who knows intimately of what I speak. I use the collective "we" here but we all know of the lies the English told at the wars ends to appease those in the Middle East who chose to sell out their brethren for political backing and future guarantee's. I give you Iraq, The Shaw of Iran, Gaddafi and his boys, Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein, the list goes on ad nauseam. Please, feel free to prove me wrong. When the dictators stop behaving as we payed them to we do away with them.

Nice piece of fiction. Wouldn't pass a third grade history test, however.

The Middle East was carved into untenable geopolitical entities after WWI by the European powers.

As for the leaders you cite above, every person you mentioned is now dead. What did they have to do with the current ISIS issue? Nothing, because they were basically secular leaders. Sure, Bin Laden played the religious card, but he didn't have a thing on how ISIS uses the issue to justify what they do.

Rogue groups are allowed to run free in the Middle East, and it has nothing to do with the leaders you cited, some who haven't been with us for decades. And why did ISIS target France? Because the US and England mucked up the region?

Yeah,that makes sense.

It's nice you remember news snippets from the 1980s; but I'm afraid they're not doing much for you at all at this point.

Hans
11-16-2015, 08:17 PM

I don't full believe it is exactly like that. They always have leaders who ensure certain doctrines are followed.
To me, we can beat anything as long as we are willing to put ourselves behind it and do what is necessary to succeed.

Think about it for a second.
During WWII we defeated the Nazi's, who believed they were the superior race on earth and considered it their mission to rule mankind and wipe out any opposition.
We also defeated Japan, a country that believed the Emperor is God on Earth. They would follow their Emperor without question.

It is just a question of reaching the tipping point. In WWII that was Pearl Harbor.

RWGR
11-16-2015, 08:19 PM
Interesting way to look at it, Hans.

We fear ISIS because of the religious zealotry they portray. But, really, are they more dangerous than an entire society who had a militaristic government and believed their leader was in fact God on earth?

Hans
11-16-2015, 08:26 PM
The other interesting part is that no intelligence agency on the planet was able to get crucial information ahead of time.
It leads me to believe they have mastered methods to stay under the intelligence radar.

Anapeg
11-16-2015, 08:41 PM
Nice piece of fiction. Wouldn't pass a third grade history test, however.

The Middle East was carved into untenable geopolitical entities after WWI by the European powers.

As for the leaders you cite above, every person you mentioned is now dead. What did they have to do with the current ISIS issue? Nothing, because they were basically secular leaders. Sure, Bin Laden played the religious card, but he didn't have a thing on how ISIS uses the issue to justify what they do.

Rogue groups are allowed to run free in the Middle East, and it has nothing to do with the leaders you cited, some who haven't been with us for decades. And why did ISIS target France? Because the US and England mucked up the region?

Yeah,that makes sense.

It's nice you remember news snippets from the 1980s; but I'm afraid they're not doing much for you at all at this point.

Wrong on all counts and my intimation is, watch the news/net in years to come and see if the parties mentioned had anything to do with the goings on today. [France began airstrikes against the Islamic State in Iraq in September of 2014; as the Financial Times noted, it marked the first time France had launched a direct military intervention in the Middle East since helping to patrol a no-fly zone over Iraq prior to the American invasion in 2003, which France pointedly refused to join.] ISIS simply responded. We are, as the saying goes, the authors of our own fate.

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 08:45 PM
But that's not a way to go through life.

The Bible says a child-like innocence is the best way to try and understand who and what God is. It never says the best way to go through life is to look at things as a child does. That would be a shocking refusal to act like an adult when adult-like actions are needed.

The answer to ISIS will come from the people who think and act like adults; not adults who see the reality of today and regress into a child-like state of mind.

The reality, the adult acts you think to be correct, are mostly selfish, sometimes on a national level.

And once again, I say good luck with it.

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 08:46 PM
Wrong on all counts and my intimation is, watch the news/net in years to come and see if the parties mentioned had anything to do with the goings on today. [France began airstrikes against the Islamic State in Iraq in September of 2014; as the Financial Times noted, it marked the first time France had launched a direct military intervention in the Middle East since helping to patrol a no-fly zone over Iraq prior to the American invasion in 2003, which France pointedly refused to join.] ISIS simply responded. We are, as the saying goes, the authors of our own fate.

Why are they attacking France?? Because it's close.

Hans
11-16-2015, 08:46 PM
Exactly what are you suggesting Barry? We sit down with whom, and discuss what?

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 08:50 PM
....We fear ISIS because of the religious zealotry they portray. But, really, are they more dangerous than an entire society who had a militaristic government and believed their leader was in fact God on earth?

They don't wear uniforms, they look just like every other innocent member of their society. They don't attack strong points.

In other words, totally unlike the Japanese. The USA beat them, but ISIS is more like Viet Cong. And we know how that turned out.

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 08:53 PM
Exactly what are you suggesting Barry? We sit down with whom, and discuss what?

Don't they have leaders??? They must have, or the USA wouldn't be bragging about killing them.

50 years ago, these religious groups didn't bother the west, yet they had just as easy access. Now they do. Why??

Barney Rubble
11-16-2015, 09:09 PM
Reading up on ISIS, it is noted that their self-proclaimed agenda is to speed up the inevitability of Armageddon so their god will come back and avenge on us infidels.

So..now...who thinks they don't have a religious agenda & talking to them will make sense.

This IS NOT a Muslim issue...it is the extremist crazies that hide within that religion that is the issue.

Anapeg
11-16-2015, 09:23 PM
Why are they attacking France?? Because it's close.

France has been bombing Syria for how long now? As long as we desecrate any Muslims we are a target. Whether or not we are on their land by invitation or not, ISIS sees us as blasphemers, none believers, infidels that MUST be removed. A blight if you will.

Hans
11-16-2015, 11:02 PM
Don't they have leaders??? They must have, or the USA wouldn't be bragging about killing them.

50 years ago, these religious groups didn't bother the west, yet they had just as easy access. Now they do. Why??

You are sometimes hard to follow Barry.
You have been arguing in this thread and several other threads that ISIS militants cannot be spotted because they blend in perfectly with your every day local and you would never know the difference.

If that is the case, how would you know that the person(s) you open talks with is an actual leader? How would you even know they somehow speak on behalf of ISIS? How are you going to find them, how are you going to make contact with them?

Hans
11-16-2015, 11:08 PM
They don't wear uniforms, they look just like every other innocent member of their society. They don't attack strong points.

In other words, totally unlike the Japanese. The USA beat them, but ISIS is more like Viet Cong. And we know how that turned out.

The Viet Cong was a political organization that had it's own army.
You have made that link several times before.
ISIS is totally different from the Viet Cong, with different goals and beliefs.
The Viet Cong were not terrorists. I fail to see why you keep making a link between them and ISIS.

Barry Morris
11-16-2015, 11:46 PM
The Viet Cong was a political organization that had it's own army.
You have made that link several times before.
ISIS is totally different from the Viet Cong, with different goals and beliefs.
The Viet Cong were not terrorists. I fail to see why you keep making a link between them and ISIS.

My reference was to the kind of war they fought.

Genocide would have gotten rid of them.

Nothing else.

RWGR
11-17-2015, 08:34 AM
The reality, the adult acts you think to be correct, are mostly selfish, sometimes on a national level.

More attacks and no substance.

sigh.

RWGR
11-17-2015, 08:40 AM
France has been bombing Syria for how long now? As long as we desecrate any Muslims we are a target. Whether or not we are on their land by invitation or not, ISIS sees us as blasphemers, none believers, infidels that MUST be removed. A blight if you will.

That's a massive mis-reading of ISIS.

look at their statement after the Paris bombings. They pointed out they went after the "leader of the Cross" in Europe. They didn't go after the 'leader of the bombing'.

We are bombing them because they are killing innocent people simply because they are not Muslim. They want to usher in the End of the World, and they believe that happens once they take on the Nations of the Cross in a final battle.

Blaming this on the Middle Eastern policies of other nations is absurd. Yes, that claim could be made when Saddam was in power, or Quaddafi, or Arafat. Even if the claim is misguided, at least it was made within a political environment. ISIS doesn't care about politics; their's is a totally religious offensive.

You guys are looking at today's problems in the Middle East through the lens of the Cold War politics of thirty years ago.

Barry Morris
11-17-2015, 09:15 AM

sigh.

Sure, we know, you just win!!!

Barry Morris
11-17-2015, 01:11 PM

sigh.

Kind of interesting.

I don't see any "adult" ways of dealing with ISIS having any real success so far.

RWGR
11-17-2015, 05:21 PM
Kind of interesting.

I don't see any "adult" ways of dealing with ISIS having any real success so far.

So what are you saying, Barry? It would be in our best interest now to start acting like children?

Because something hasn't worked yet doesn't mean something won't work eventually. These things take time. ISIS wasn't created overnight, they're not going to go away overnight.

I think if you polled world leaders and citizens of many countries the vast majority would say our best bet at this point is to tackle this issue as adults, not as children.

Barry Morris
11-17-2015, 09:17 PM
So what are you saying, Barry? It would be in our best interest now to start acting like children?

Because something hasn't worked yet doesn't mean something won't work eventually. These things take time. ISIS wasn't created overnight, they're not going to go away overnight.

I think if you polled world leaders and citizens of many countries the vast majority would say our best bet at this point is to tackle this issue as adults, not as children.

Good. Glad to hear it.

Now, let's just wait for that "adult" solution.

Any time now....

Hans
11-18-2015, 06:17 AM
You have lost me Barry. Your posts don't even make sense to me.

The Chronic Liar
11-18-2015, 07:51 AM

You're welcome to join the club but we need to find a bigger meeting room before our next meeting.

Barry Morris
11-18-2015, 09:37 AM
That's OK, boys, I'm here for the edification and entertainment.

Your thoughts on these matters really don't mean much to me.

:) :) :)

RWGR
11-18-2015, 09:39 AM

It's not just you, believe me.

Barry Morris
11-18-2015, 09:43 AM
Saber rattling??

"Good Morning America is talking about the air strikes happening regarding events in Paris. The news stated the U.S. has had 8,000 air strikes so far since they have been attacking ISIS. "

What effect are these having?? Any honest reports??

RWGR
11-18-2015, 09:54 AM
Saber rattling??

"Good Morning America is talking about the air strikes happening regarding events in Paris. The news stated the U.S. has had 8,000 air strikes so far since they have been attacking ISIS. "

What effect are these having?? Any honest reports??

I'm glad military brass around the world don't announce every success story they've experienced. It's kind of important to not let the enemy know what we're doing, and how and why it's working.

Barry Morris
11-18-2015, 10:06 AM
I'm glad military brass around the world don't announce every success story they've experienced. It's kind of important to not let the enemy know what we're doing, and how and why it's working.

Gotta remember that.

No proof is proof.

Right.

I liked this quote:

"Romans before the fall were as certain as we are today that their world would continue for ever substantially unchanged" wrote histroian Byran Ward-Perkins. "They were wrong. We would be wise not to repeat their complacency."

RWGR
11-18-2015, 10:12 AM
Wow, just meandering words now ...

Barry Morris
11-18-2015, 10:59 AM
Wow, just meandering words now ...

Well, you just gotta learn to put more into it.

But you're famous for not reading posts, what do you care!!! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
11-18-2015, 11:37 AM
Yeah, that's what I figured:

"In an interview with Al Jazeera on Tuesday, the reporter - who was held for 10 months and released in 2014 - added that France's recent air strikes following the attacks "are actually helping" the group's propaganda."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/11/isil-hostage-nicolasenin-151117172352361.html

The Voice
11-18-2015, 04:09 PM
Reading up on ISIS, it is noted that their self-proclaimed agenda is to speed up the inevitability of Armageddon so their god will come back and avenge on us infidels.

I got news for you bud their God is the God of Abraham also your God.

Please stop claiming that wars fought over religion are political wars it's all a smokescreen and you don't have a moderator to cover up the truth anymore.

Barry Morris
11-18-2015, 04:12 PM
I got news for you bud their God is the God of Abraham also your God.

Please stop claiming that wars fought over religion are political wars it's all a smokescreen and you don't have a moderator to cover up the truth anymore.

God is the God of everyone, but if you search Allah, and Moon God, you'll find other possibilities.

Bluesky
11-18-2015, 04:28 PM
For those of you who appreciate good writing and can read more than a pull-quote here and there...

http://rzim.org/global-blog/is-paris-burning

The possessor of hate loses the essence of life much more than the victim does. -Ravi Zacharias

RWGR
11-18-2015, 04:56 PM
Yeah, that's what I figured:

"In an interview with Al Jazeera on Tuesday, the reporter - who was held for 10 months and released in 2014 - added that France's recent air strikes following the attacks "are actually helping" the group's propaganda."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/11/isil-hostage-nicolasenin-151117172352361.html

So whatever Al Jazeera posts is the truth, and whatever western media posts is a lie.

Once again, Barry's MO comes back to haunt him

Barry Morris
11-18-2015, 06:08 PM
So whatever Al Jazeera posts is the truth, and whatever western media posts is a lie.

Once again, Barry's MO comes back to haunt him

As do your tactics.

Enjoy!!! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
11-18-2015, 06:08 PM
...The possessor of hate loses the essence of life much more than the victim does. -Ravi Zacharias

Yup.

The Voice
11-18-2015, 06:13 PM
God is the God of everyone, but if you search Allah, and Moon God, you'll find other possibilities.

Unless you can provide a MUSLIM link to support this claim you should QUIT perpetuating that LIE.

The Jews The Christian's and the Muslim's all worship the SAME Abrahamic God. That my friend is what a scholar might refer to as a well established fact.

If you want to deny that fact I am not sure what that exactly makes you. But I would not put Scholarly high on that list.

Barry Morris
11-18-2015, 06:31 PM
Unless you can provide a MUSLIM link to support this claim you should QUIT perpetuating that LIE.

The Jews The Christian's and the Muslim's all worship the SAME Abrahamic God. That my friend is what a scholar might refer to as a well established fact.

If you want to deny that fact I am not sure what that exactly makes you. But I would not put Scholarly high on that list.

I said possibilities. And I notice a lack of "fact" from you about this, too.

Your first sentence is hilarious. That's what RWGR wants when I post something about the RCC, like differences between what three Popes said, and what Vatican II said - a confirmation from an RCC site!!!

Sorry, what thousands of sites show is nothing to him - or you apparently.

Barry Morris
11-18-2015, 06:34 PM
Here's one for: http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/allah-moon-god.html

Here's one against: http://www.godallah.com/moon_god.php

The Voice
11-18-2015, 07:19 PM
I said possibilities. And I notice a lack of "fact" from you about this, too.

Your first sentence is hilarious. That's what RWGR wants when I post something about the RCC, like differences between what three Popes said, and what Vatican II said - a confirmation from an RCC site!!!

Sorry, what thousands of sites show is nothing to him - or you apparently.

Allah is the GOD of Abraham, Show Me where it says something different than that in the Koran?

I No Longer Except Evidence from Wackjob Websites with an Agenda. Let's try going right to the source.

Funny how you will doubt what is written in the Koran, But will Die to defend the Truth of your Bible. Very telling indeed, of your Christian nature.

I wish I was so open minded.

The Voice
11-18-2015, 07:23 PM
I know the Muslims say he is the God of Abraham but all you Christians know different. Funny how you don't think you are part of the problem. This conflict is all about religion and if we could take religion out of it, this conflict would be over.

It takes one hell of a promise for the afterlife to get someone to blow themselves up.

Hans
11-18-2015, 07:35 PM
That's OK, boys, I'm here for the edification and entertainment.

Your thoughts on these matters really don't mean much to me.

:) :) :)

Seems to me they do, because you keep responding and trying to convince us of something.
I am not exactly sure what it is you are trying to explain. It is becoming more bizarre by the day.

Barry Morris
11-19-2015, 08:11 PM
Thank you.

Hans
11-19-2015, 08:13 PM
For what? You are truly bizarre at times Barry. Unless you were thanking someone else?

The Voice
11-21-2015, 06:54 AM
Thank you.

I like your new Byline. It's like you are trying to rewrite your own history. You created all the animosity yourself, you are the cyberbully who used his authority to stifle all opposing opinion.

You used your position to stifle free speech, you handed out infractions like they were candy to anyone who's opinion you didn't like.

Only those in a position of authority can conduct a witch hunt.

RWGR
11-21-2015, 09:06 AM
I like your new Byline. It's like you are trying to rewrite your own history. You created all the animosity yourself, you are the cyberbully who used his authority to stifle all opposing opinion.

You used your position to stifle free speech, you handed out infractions like they were candy to anyone who's opinion you didn't like.

Only those in a position of authority can conduct a witch hunt.

I nominate this as POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!

Barry Morris
11-21-2015, 10:13 AM
Keep attacking with lies, boys, you only make my day!!! :) :) :)

RWGR
11-22-2015, 06:06 PM
So sad no one believes you.

But then again, you've given them no reason to do so.

Barry Morris
11-22-2015, 08:12 PM
So sad no one believes you.

But then again, you've given them no reason to do so.

What can I say?

If fools swallow lies, it ain't my problem.

Barry Morris
11-22-2015, 11:21 PM
Wait a minute.

Just say a piece on a sniper who killed six bad guys.

Very cool.

So, how do you recognize a bad guy at a thousand yards, but not a refugee who is looking for help??