PDA

View Full Version : Process to change doctor at GHC?

b&aMom
11-17-2015, 02:28 PM
Does anyone know how one goes about changing doctors/NPs at GHC? For years my kid has had a NP and is very unhappy with the NP's treatment now as an adult.

IMHO
11-17-2015, 05:16 PM
Does anyone know how one goes about changing doctors/NPs at GHC? For years my kid has had a NP and is very unhappy with the NP's treatment now as an adult.

This may sound obvious....but....why not give GH a call?

Anapeg
11-17-2015, 07:12 PM
I would think you would simply add the name of the person into the list applying for doctors and wait.

b&aMom
11-17-2015, 07:56 PM
This may sound obvious....but....why not give GH a call?

Because at times procedure and reality are not the same. I have been told in the past by a health care professional that docs do do not like to take patients from other health care professionals within the same organization. Almost every GP in the city is with GHC.

b&aMom
11-17-2015, 07:59 PM
I would think you would simply add the name of the person into the list applying for doctors and wait.

I believe that it first requires dropping any HC professional one may have first. It is a bit complicated, I think, because dropping that professional would mean one is no longer a rostered patient with GHC. Considering almost all GPs are at the GHC, there's really no need to additionally unroster, and reroster. One SHOULD be able to change professionals within the GHC.

Anapeg
11-17-2015, 08:43 PM
I believe that it first requires dropping any HC professional one may have first. It is a bit complicated, I think, because dropping that professional would mean one is no longer a rostered patient with GHC. Considering almost all GPs are at the GHC, there's really no need to additionally unroster, and reroster. One SHOULD be able to change professionals within the GHC.

Understood, to my knowledge each GP is, to my understanding operating with full caseloads causing a lengthy waiting list. If it is a matter of loosing faith in the NP then this could be brought forward as a way of lighting a fire under those in charge. This new system aka "My Health" allows you, as a member of your health care team to direct changes, does it not?

dancingqueen
11-18-2015, 10:25 PM
I waited close to 6 years for a new doctor... It was worth it because the doctor I had was treating my diabetes like it was 1874....