PDA

View Full Version : MIDNIGHT MADNESS is madness

IMHO
11-19-2015, 04:21 PM
They have Queen Street blocked off at Church Street(since 3 p.m. ) causing all kinds of traffic tieups. Why do they close it so early when the merchants are opening for midnight madness from 6 to 11:30 ???

RWGR
11-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Trying to stem the wave of shoppers that will flock over to the U.S. for Black Friday next week?

Good luck with that.

ctf
11-19-2015, 06:10 PM
Actually the result of a Police chase

Barry Morris
11-19-2015, 06:30 PM
Trying to stem the wave of shoppers that will flock over to the U.S. for Black Friday next week?

Good luck with that.

Sorry, exchange rate will be putting Sault Mich, businesses OUT of business!!!

IMHO
11-19-2015, 06:36 PM
Actually the result of a Police chase
not true....the street was closed at 3 p.m. in readiness for tonights madness from 6 to 11:30. The POLICE incident happened AFTER 4 oclock

IMHO
11-19-2015, 06:51 PM

One would have to be very rich to consider shopping in the USA....36 cents to buy an American dollar is just too steep. Myers are building a huge store in Soo Michigan...I wonder if they are now sorry.

RWGR
11-19-2015, 07:06 PM
One would have to be very rich to consider shopping in the USA....36 cents to buy an American dollar is just too steep. Myers are building a huge store in Soo Michigan...I wonder if they are now sorry.

Why? Even at that exchange rate you're still going to find better deals on a lot of stuff in Mich Soo.

Your "free" healthcare will make sure of that :) :) :)

RWGR
11-19-2015, 07:10 PM
meltdown in...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/660523/countdown-o.gif

RWGR
11-19-2015, 07:12 PM

Remember, people, this comment, one hoping, desiring, for people to lose jobs and suffer, comes from the man who never tires of telling you what a great Christian he is.

IMHO
11-19-2015, 07:26 PM
Remember, people, this comment, one hoping, desiring, for people to lose jobs and suffer, comes from the man who never tires of telling you what a great Christian he is.

but...he did say he was sorry

Barry Morris
11-19-2015, 07:47 PM

:) :) :)

Official Cat of Soonet
11-19-2015, 08:16 PM

http://m.sootoday.com/content/news/details.aspx?c=100999

Well now you just looks silly

Anapeg
11-19-2015, 09:48 PM

Good luck with that.

Unless there is a significant rally with the Canadian dollar or American stores take a chunk out of the difference twixt the dollars Black Friday may become Bleak Friday for your fair city.

Barry Morris
11-19-2015, 11:15 PM
http://m.sootoday.com/content/news/details.aspx?c=100999

Well now you just looks silly

Really?? Some are making light of the declines, but that's to be expected.

"The International Bridge Administration announced Thursday that one-way traffic crossings of the International Bridge totaled 123,986 for the month of October 2015.

That represents a decrease of 24.4 percent compared to October 2014."

Thanks for the info.

Barry Morris
11-19-2015, 11:17 PM
Why? Even at that exchange rate you're still going to find better deals on a lot of stuff in Mich Soo.

Your "free" healthcare will make sure of that :) :) :)

Are people still losing their homes to medical expenses over there, or did Obama's plan reduce that??

Official Cat of Soonet
11-20-2015, 07:55 AM
Really?? Some are making light of the declines, but that's to be expected.

"The International Bridge Administration announced Thursday that one-way traffic crossings of the International Bridge totaled 123,986 for the month of October 2015.

That represents a decrease of 24.4 percent compared to October 2014."

Thanks for the info.

Yes Barry we all know there is a big decline in bridge crossing. We've had a low dollar before. Your contention that business will die over there is what I was referring to.

RWGR
11-20-2015, 08:19 AM
Unless there is a significant rally with the Canadian dollar or American stores take a chunk out of the difference twixt the dollars Black Friday may become Bleak Friday for your fair city.

We'll be just fine, relax.

RWGR
11-20-2015, 08:20 AM
Are people still losing their homes to medical expenses over there, or did Obama's plan reduce that??

The people that lost homes were deep in debt before any healthcare expenses kicked in.

RWGR
11-20-2015, 08:21 AM
Guys, Barry wants to start an "us v them", "US v Canada" theme here, to try and rally you guys to his side.

Humor the man, he needs it.

Barry Morris
11-20-2015, 09:58 AM
The people that lost homes were deep in debt before any healthcare expenses kicked in.

Oh, I see. Simplistic answer. I suspect they were holding their own, even in an economy that encourages debt.

And then something happened that doesn't happen in Canada. I should know.

Barry Morris
11-20-2015, 09:59 AM
Guys, Barry wants to start an "us v them", "US v Canada" theme here, to try and rally you guys to his side.

Humor the man, he needs it.

That signature keeps on showing what you really think. "We are better than you, nyaah, nyaah!!"

:) :) :)

Barry Morris
11-20-2015, 10:03 AM
Yes Barry we all know there is a big decline in bridge crossing. We've had a low dollar before. Your contention that business will die over there is what I was referring to.

I see. Frankly, I have to wonder about new big box stores opening up over there, in light of the decline.

Walmart sure didn't do any good for small businesses here.

RWGR
11-20-2015, 10:08 AM
I see. Frankly, I have to wonder about new big box stores opening up over there, in light of the decline.

Walmart sure didn't do any good for small businesses here.

Downtown Smalltown America and Downtown Smalltown Canada have all been dealt a heavy blow by big box stores. That's been around for decades now.

Barry, does a low dip in the dollar now mean that's where it will be in a year? Five years? Fifteen?

You don't think Meijers doesn't have people whose specific job is to ascertain the chances of success, or not, in their potential locations? Experts who understand currency volatility in this situation?

They wouldn't be wildly successful if they didn't have those people.

Wal Mart and Meijers. Two of the biggest success stories of the last half-century. That isn't by mistake. Meijers is quite aware the largest Wal Mart east of the Mississippi is right next door to them in Soo, Michigan. Yet they made the move here. And that decision was based on many factors, one of which was: what will both currencies look like in the future?

Barry Morris
11-20-2015, 10:52 AM
Hope you're right.

RWGR
11-20-2015, 10:54 AM
I don't know if I'm right, but I do know I WIN!!

(j/k, trying a little humor for levity's sake)

Anapeg
11-20-2015, 09:15 PM
We'll be just fine, relax.

I was not predicting the demise of businesses rather they may be in need of some belt tightening. There would, I think, still be some cross border shopping regardless the dollar. There are some items on your shelves just not available here.

RWGR
11-21-2015, 09:04 AM
If belt-tightening is needed, then bring it on. Few know the ebb and flow of economic cycles as well as small business owners. This isn't their first rodeo.