PDA

View Full Version : City Council Spending

IMHO
11-23-2015, 09:54 AM
I had a lot of hope that our new mayor and council would ensure that taxpayers get the most for those precious tax dollars. I am somewhat disillusioned in recent council proposals and /or considerations.
The two most recent possible wastes of money are as follows:

1.making Bay Street 3 lanes at a projected cost of 3 million.
2.spending 90 thousand dollars to upgrade glass at the Essar Centre to bring it up to NHL standards.

Bay Street is one of the few streets downtown that has a decent flow of traffic. Why SPEND money to UNDO something that is working fine?

Unless we are anticipating an NHL franchise...why waste 90 grand when the league standards are now being met. IF we were to get an NHL franchise we can look after that little problem THEN....not now.

Again this year the city did not seem prepared for the first snowfall. The monies they are "considering" spending on the projects I outlined could be better used in the snow removal budget.

Anapeg
11-23-2015, 10:03 AM
The city in their infinite wisdom, instead of stockpiling the winter sand at a regular price, choose to pay penalties throughout the winter and buy sand as they need it. This was from a city employee.

ctf
11-25-2015, 10:54 AM
We can see how they are using our tax dollars. Stated in council that it was a must. Then why this?

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/details.asp?c=101461

rez
05-04-2016, 01:12 PM
Ya lets waste money on stupid crap instead of fixing roads that are badly in need of resurfacing. I can understand some side streets being neglected by why is Wallace Terrace in front of Tenaris in such horrible shape? I am 37 and I have never once seen them do anything to that stretch of road except throw loose asphalt down and expect us to drive over it to flatten it out.

Our local government is extremely bloated with friends of family and nephews getting all the jobs too..

Hans
05-04-2016, 06:06 PM
Wallace Terrace is not that bad. I go 160 on that road on occasion. I call it the Wallace Terrace run. Is fun.