PDA

View Full Version : The refugee Situation in Canada

IMHO
11-26-2015, 12:26 AM
Should Canada be bringing in refugees 1. when Canada has not yet provided adequate housing and even water supplies for many of our first nation brethren ??

2. when the homeless in Toronto only receive shelter when the temperature drops below a certain degree?

3. when jobs for young people, especially, are hard to come by?

Barry Morris
11-26-2015, 12:37 AM
That's one way to handle hard questions.

blueboy
11-26-2015, 12:42 AM
Have a good Dinner in your warm home

IMHO
11-26-2015, 12:46 AM
That's one way to handle hard questions.

I hAD TO CORRECT A spelling mistake....sorry Barry.

Barry Morris
11-26-2015, 12:47 AM
I hAD TO CORRECT A spelling mistake....sorry Barry.

My apologies for thinking something else.

Wish I could remember what I posted!!!

You can edit your own posts, by using the edit button on the lower right of your post!!

IMHO
11-26-2015, 12:49 AM
My apologies for thinking something else.

Wish I could remember what I posted!!!

You can edit your own posts, by using the edit button on the lower right of your post!!

It would not allow me to edit the TITLE however.

Barry Morris
11-26-2015, 12:56 AM
Ah, yes, that is unfortunately true!! BTDT!!

Hans
11-26-2015, 09:17 AM
Fixing the situation in the country of origin is what should be worked on, not bringing over refugees.
Most of them are not truly refugees. They are economical refugees, they all travel North when it is easier to travel South.

Barry Morris
11-26-2015, 09:46 AM
And travelling south would get them where?? No place helpful!!!

Lance1
11-26-2015, 11:48 AM
The mayor of Toronto said he will not alter the waiting list for low income housing over the refuges. I just hope it's like that everywhere also. 25,000 by Feb and another 10,000 in 2016 is a lot in a short time compared to the states taking 10.000 over 2 years in comparison.

Also the new rule is Refugees get full heath care now with our doctor shortage as it is. Remember this is not like the 200,000 processed immigrates who go through the regular Immigration Canada channels every year who have jobs and a place to live already lined up in advance like my new dentist from Iran.

Justin Bieber did warn us in the election that running a deficit was not a concern to him since "the economy will take care of itself". His Canada Gold Card will take care of everything.

We will know more if his world tour ever ends and he comes back to Canada with our new PM jet.

Hans
11-26-2015, 05:39 PM
And travelling south would get them where?? No place helpful!!!

Well, if I would be fleeing a country because of war, I would gladly go anywhere where there is no war.
Now, if I would flee because I wanted a better future and good employment, I would pick and choose where I go to.

Nihilistic Heathen
11-26-2015, 06:59 PM
Well, if I would be fleeing a country because of war, I would gladly go anywhere where there is no war.
Now, if I would flee because I wanted a better future and good employment, I would pick and choose where I go to.

Looks like we could solve problem two and three in the op's post by sending them to Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan. The economies in those places must be really booming according to Hans' theory.

http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/D3B2/production/_86549145_syrian_refugees_all_09112015.png

Hans
11-26-2015, 10:18 PM
You can go to Africa, lot's of countries to pick from who are not at war.
But they don't hand out money to refugees, or help them get set up, or provide various other assistance.

Nihilistic Heathen
11-26-2015, 11:22 PM
The ones that are coming here aren't making the choice to come here. They are vetted by the UN refuge agency and they choose where the refugee will be sent, then they have to go through our vetting process in order to get asylum here.

KBO
11-27-2015, 07:24 AM
Check this out, http://www.snopes.com/2015/11/25/present-tents/. One of the richest nations on this Earth does not want to help.

Hans
11-27-2015, 09:57 AM
The ones that are coming here aren't making the choice to come here. They are vetted by the UN refuge agency and they choose where the refugee will be sent, then they have to go through our vetting process in order to get asylum here.

That is not completely correct. They are referred by UNHCR in their country of Asylum and it is still Canada who has the final say on admittance or not.
There is nothing wrong with saying no. Saying yes does not fix the situation and leads to unsustainable flows of refugees.
Just ask Sweden how saying yes has worked out for them.

http://www.unhcr.ca/newsroom/faq/

Lance1
11-27-2015, 01:48 PM

The Russian did not do that when the Germans invaded ,they stayed and fought for their country. They did not pack up and look for a new address. The Germans and Japanese rebuilt their country after the war , they did not move to another country.

If isis was taking over Canada I hope we stay , fight back , take it back and not all move to the States and Europe just because they have, as you say "a better future and good employment".

Barry Morris
11-27-2015, 03:25 PM
The germans and japanese rebuilt their countries with millions and millions of dollars help.

PLUS, interestingly, Japan was allowed, without repercussion, to copy patented products for sale in the USA to help Japanese industries.

Nihilistic Heathen
11-27-2015, 03:39 PM
Stalin didn't treat his people much better than what the Germans were doing, he was the lesser of two evils.