PDA

View Full Version : The least of the lies, and many more to come

Barry Morris
12-01-2015, 08:30 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin-trudeau-nannies-taxpayers-1.3344533

"Trudeau children's nannies being paid for by taxpayers"

"The disclosure comes after an election campaign where Trudeau repeatedly attacked the Conservatives' enhanced universal child care benefit, or UCCB, and income splitting for families, arguing rich families like his and former prime minister Stephen Harper's didn't need taxpayers' help."

BFLPE
12-01-2015, 09:44 AM
Though not a fan of Mr. Trudeau I don't see this as an issue. I'm not seeing the lie, just an apples to oranges comparison. His job is taxpayer funded, obviously, and has requirements unique to the position.

More disturbing, IMO, is this.

One of the women hired was with the Trudeaus this past week on the prime minister's foreign trip that wrapped up Monday at the UN climate change conference in Paris. She posted photos online of the couple's two children who came on the trip.

There were also shots of her with the Trudeaus' youngest child on Facebook visiting museums and at the hotel where they stayed in Paris.

IMHO
12-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Much a do about nothing...making a mountain out of a mole hill. I AM ALL FOR MAKING HIS CHILD CARE COSTS ONE OF THE "PERKS" OF THE JOB.

Anapeg
12-01-2015, 11:02 AM
Something of a none issue to me. Those that are still bitter at the loss by the Conservatives are grasping at "Reasons to regret electing Justin Trudeau" straws.

Barry Morris
12-01-2015, 09:58 PM
I agree he needs the help. I have no problem with taxpayers footing the bill.

It's the railing against it while in opposition, AND most especially saying he wouldn't do it, that he would pay it himself!!

Barry Morris
12-01-2015, 09:59 PM
Something of a none issue to me. Those that are still bitter at the loss by the Conservatives are grasping at "Reasons to regret electing Justin Trudeau" straws.

This is just the first.

You are the one who has said politicians are all the same, I believe.

Hans
12-01-2015, 10:49 PM
Well, he get's paid by tax payers money.
If he pays it out of his own pocket, it is still tax payers money.
I don't see the difference.

Anapeg
12-02-2015, 07:04 AM
This is just the first.

This is minor, wait. This is perhaps not the first, rather the first we have heard of. To be honest, I recall nothing of this in the pre-election news.

RWGR
12-02-2015, 08:36 AM

Actually, Barry, that is a mantra you've stuck to quite consistently in here, don't you think?

Lance1
12-02-2015, 10:10 AM
Though not a fan of Mr. Trudeau I don't see this as an issue. I'm not seeing the lie, just an apples to oranges comparison. His job is taxpayer funded, obviously, and has requirements unique to the position.

More disturbing, IMO, is this.

It's about the lie , he said may times that he would not take any tax assistance to raise his kids due to his finical position .

Barry Morris
12-02-2015, 11:11 AM
Actually, Barry, that is a mantra you've stuck to quite consistently in here, don't you think?

Really?? I suggest some research. Our attitudes are somewhat different. I don't think that politicians are bad from the get go, they just get sucked in.

Barry Morris
12-02-2015, 11:12 AM
It's about the lie , he said may times that he would not take any tax assistance to raise his kids due to his finical position .

And that, of course, is my point.

Hypocrisy.

Not in the least unexpected, I'm sure, even by Justin's supporters.

Anapeg
12-02-2015, 04:29 PM
It's about the lie, he said may times that he would not take any tax assistance to raise his kids due to his finical position.

Sounds something akin to the Reform party and their pensions and living accommodations as I recall. They all do it, they will all continue to do it. They start off righteous and end up bellied up to the trough with the best of them. I have said time and again, our system is broken and desperately needs an overhaul.

Nihilistic Heathen
12-02-2015, 07:14 PM

Actually, he said that wealthy families like his shouldn't be recieving the UCCB. One of his platform was to eliminate the UCCB and replace it with a non-taxable progressive tax-credit that would be more beneficial for low income families.

Also, from what I've read, there is going to be the same amount of staff at the PM's residence that PM Harper had. The only difference is the roles will change to suite the needs of Trudeau's family.

BFLPE
12-03-2015, 10:03 AM
Still not seeing the lie.

IMHO
12-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Really...this is such a NON IMPORTANT issue in light of all the problems going on in this world. I consider this childcare cost simply a perk of the job as PM.

Lance1
12-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Still not seeing the lie.

If I say I'm "not" going to do something but then I "do" what I said I was "not" going to do anyways , that's a lie. Not sure what so hard about it.

Nihilistic Heathen
12-03-2015, 01:32 PM
If I say I'm "not" going to do something but then I "do" what I said I was "not" going to do anyways , that's a lie. Not sure what so hard about it.

Like Anapeg said, you are grasping at straws.

Justin Trudeau nanny scandal sounds big, means little (http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/12/03/justin-trudeau-nanny-scandal-sounds-big-means-little-walkom.html)

The prime minister is charged with the sin of hypocrisy for having his child-care needs paid for out of public funds after a campaign in which he appeared to argue the opposite.

I say “appeared” because, during that campaign, Trudeau never promised he would eliminate the domestic staff who service any prime minister’s official residence.

He said that he and other well-to-do parents didn’t need the Conservatives’ Universal Child Care Benefit and that he’d replace it with a program that was means tested.

My own view is that Trudeau’s attack was misplaced. The real problem with the Universal Child Care Benefit is not its universality. It is that it has nothing to do with child care.

Official Cat of Soonet
12-03-2015, 02:11 PM

So you're saying he is still receiving the UCCB?

Bluesky
12-03-2015, 02:28 PM
To illustrate - if Harper had 10 staff members looking after him, Trudeau has 10 staff looking after him.
Trudea just assigned two of them to look after his kids. That in itself is no big deal.
The fact that his wife, kids and nannies all get to travel to Paris and elsewhere to accompany Trudeau on the govt dime - that is the issue.

Barry Morris
12-09-2015, 10:31 PM
More stuff.

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com%2F%2Fnews%2Fcana da%2Fcanadian-politics%2Fjohn-ivison-who-could-have-predicted-these-problems-for-the-liberals-absolutely-everyone

RWGR
12-10-2015, 04:54 PM
Barry, how come it is okay for you to criticize the leader of your country, but when I criticize the leader of my country it is wrong?

Barry Morris
12-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Barry, how come it is okay for you to criticize the leader of your country, but when I criticize the leader of my country it is wrong?

Let's see, have I accused Justin of treason, accused him of being a Muslim, of being disqualified because of his supposed birthplace, put out petitions to have him removed from office etc etc etc.. ????

And those are the polite ones!!!

RWGR
12-11-2015, 10:55 AM
Let's see, have I accused Justin of treason, accused him of being a Muslim, of being disqualified because of his supposed birthplace, put out petitions to have him removed from office etc etc etc.. ????

And those are the polite ones!!!

Can you show where I criticized Obama for any of the above?

whenever I criticize Obama you automatically accuse me of doing so for nefarious reasons.

Barry Morris
12-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Can you show where I criticized Obama for any of the above?

whenever I criticize Obama you automatically accuse me of doing so for nefarious reasons.

Nefarious?? If that includes "winning",, then of course!!! :) :) :)

From my point of view, because of that "need" to win, to "prove" something obvious, I can't completely believe ANYTHING you post.

Sorry.

RWGR
12-15-2015, 04:53 PM
That's rich, coming from you.

And thanks for admitting, yet again, you simply made something up, and hoped it would stick.