PDA

View Full Version : Muslim leader from CAIR tells CNN America bears some blame for terror attacks

Hans
12-04-2015, 10:47 PM
America bears some of the blame for the bloody wave of Islamic extremism that has brought terrorism to San Bernardino, Paris and locations around the world, according to a spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

In a Friday CNN interview, Hussam Ayloush, of the group's Los Angeles chapter, said American foreign policy has helped fuel the rage that drives Muslim radicals to kill in the name of their faith.

yloush said U.S. support for repressive regimes in the Middle East, including Egypt, “push people over to the edge.”

“Then they become extremists,” said Ayloush. “We are partly responsible. Terrorism is a global problem, not a Muslim problem. And the solution has to be global. Everyone has a role in it.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/04/muslim-leader-from-cair-tells-cnn-america-bears-some-blame-for-terror-attacks/?intcmp=hpbt2

I hope they arrest and deport him, and outlaw that organization.

Barry Morris
12-04-2015, 11:54 PM
Just curious.

You don't believe that "American foreign policy has helped fuel the rage that drives Muslim radicals to kill in the name of their faith." ????

Hans
12-05-2015, 12:12 AM
No. Killing because you disagree with American foreign policy is not the same as killing in the name of faith.

Barry Morris
12-05-2015, 01:15 AM
Odd how the killing didn't start to this degree long before, and only appears to have begun after american foreign policy began to affect them.

BFLPE
12-05-2015, 06:21 PM
No. Killing because you disagree with American foreign policy is not the same as killing in the name of faith.American foreign policy definitely has been a motivating factor for some, like Bin Laden, to convince others to kill in the name of faith.

Barry Morris
12-05-2015, 10:00 PM
American foreign policy definitely has been a motivating factor for some, like Bin Laden, to convince others to kill in the name of faith.

THAT is the truth.

RWGR
12-06-2015, 08:27 PM
...and now we have a part of Soonet siding with the terrorists.

we can shut the site down now. It can't go any lower.

RWGR
12-06-2015, 08:28 PM
So the reason there has been calls for attacks on Canada is because ...Canadian foreign policy over there!

BFLPE
12-07-2015, 10:20 PM
...and now we have a part of Soonet siding with the terrorists.Knowing American educators have such good comprehension makes me feel confident about the future.

Who's siding with terrorists?

RWGR
12-08-2015, 02:30 PM
Your anger is understandable.

BFLPE
12-08-2015, 02:44 PM
Umm, OK.

I can understand you playing the ostrich when it comes to the repercussions associated with foreign policy blunders but how you managed to conclude anyone here is siding with terrorists I can't quite figure.

RWGR
12-08-2015, 02:47 PM
You guys have never shown any proof that terrorism is linked to foreign policy. Someone asks a terrorist why they want to kill us, is it because of US foreign policy over there? The terrorist says, umm, yeah, that's it; then you guys get all giddy, and say "See!! See!!"

So, why do they want to attack Canada? Is it because of your foreign policy over there?

Barry Morris
12-08-2015, 02:48 PM
Umm, OK.

I can understand you playing the ostrich when it comes to the repercussions associated with foreign policy blunders but how you managed to conclude anyone here is siding with terrorists I can't quite figure.

The anger accusations are typical. Projection, I believe.

Barry Morris
12-08-2015, 02:49 PM
So, why do they want to attack Canada? Is it because of your foreign policy over there?

No because, we were stupid enough to support your foreign policy.

There were no terrorists before the USA began to meddle over there.

RWGR
12-08-2015, 02:49 PM
The anger accusations are typical. Projection, I believe.

Awwww, Barry's hoping he has one friend left :) :) :)

RWGR
12-08-2015, 02:50 PM
No because, we were stupid enough to support your foreign policy.

What would your foreign policy be?

And why are you so stupid as to just follow us?

There were no terrorists before the USA began to meddle over there

Source? link?

(here's where he ducks out, folks)

Barry Morris
12-08-2015, 02:55 PM
[B]There were no terrorists before the USA began to meddle over there

Source? link?

(here's where he ducks out, folks)

You of anyone should be able to figure it out.

Was the USA heavily involved in protecting their oil supply up to the early seventies?? Was terrorism a big problem??

Then the USA stuck their noses into the Middle East. And today, you pay the price, as your people are terrorized, attacking long time citizens of Muslim origin, and seriously considering a demagogue for president.

This is where RW deflects, ignores points, and generally uses his tactics list to be a "winner".

BFLPE
12-08-2015, 02:58 PM
You guys have never shown any proof that terrorism is linked to foreign policy. Someone asks a terrorist why they want to kill us, is it because of US foreign policy over there? The terrorist says, umm, yeah, that's it; then you guys get all giddy, and say "See!! See!!"Source for the 'giddy, and say "See!! See!!"'?

What do you think motivated Bin Laden?

RWGR
12-08-2015, 02:59 PM
You of anyone should be able to figure it out.

Was the USA heavily involved in protecting their oil supply up to the early seventies?? Was terrorism a big problem??

Then the USA stuck their noses into the Middle East. And today, you pay the price, as your people are terrorized, attacking long time citizens of Muslim origin, and seriously considering a demagogue for president.

This is where RW deflects, ignores points, and generally uses his tactics list to be a "winner".

So your "source" and link" are your anecdotal stories?

Barry, I only win because you can't help but lose. You make grand statements, then totally refuse (or can't) back them up. It's the same thing children do when in an argument where emotions trump all.

Telling, really.

RWGR
12-08-2015, 02:59 PM
Source for the 'giddy, and say "See!! See!!"'?

Hatred of the West and Christianity.

and if you want to take a chunk out of the West, you go after the US., not Canada. because the US is the leading face of the West.

Barry Morris
12-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Source for the 'giddy, and say "See!! See!!"'?

Ol' Binner was a US supported freedom fighter at one time, though RW would never acknowledge it.

BFLPE
12-08-2015, 03:02 PM
You make grand statements, then totally refuse (or can't) back them up. It's the same thing children do when in an argument where emotions trump all.Pretty much how you've responded in this thread.

Barry Morris
12-08-2015, 03:03 PM
So your "source" and link" are your anecdotal stories?

Barry, I only win because you can't help but lose. You make grand statements, then totally refuse (or can't) back them up. It's the same thing children do when in an argument where emotions trump all.

Telling, really.

Ya know, it's an opinion. Better than being totally unbelievable, because "winning" an argument is all you want.

RWGR
Ol' Binner was a US supported freedom fighter at one time, though RW would never acknowledge it.

I sure did acknowledge it.

Welcome to Cold War politics.

RWGR
Ya know, it's an opinion.

If your ego would have let you admit as much it would have saved a lot of posts :) :) :)

RWGR
12-08-2015, 03:04 PM
Pretty much how you've responded in this thread.

Barry Morris
12-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Hatred of the West and Christianity.

What did I just read?? "You make grand statements, then totally refuse (or can't) back them up. It's the same thing children do when in an argument where emotions trumps all."

Figures.

Now, Mr History, explain why this didn't have it's expression in the decades I mentioned. It's not like any Muslim terrorists didn't have access.

Barry Morris
12-08-2015, 03:05 PM

Talking to yourself, it's so obvious.

Barry Morris
12-08-2015, 03:06 PM
I sure did acknowledge it.

Welcome to Cold War politics.

Oh, sure.

RWGR
12-08-2015, 05:09 PM
What did I just read?? "You make grand statements, then totally refuse (or can't) back them up. It's the same thing children do when in an argument where emotions trumps all."

Figures.

Now, Mr History, explain why this didn't have it's expression in the decades I mentioned. It's not like any Muslim terrorists didn't have access.

Well, Mr. Pseudo-Christianity, Islamic terrorism has existed in the Middle East since the early days of Mohamed. Then, after the British moved in after WWI, the radicals could stop killing each other (Sunni-Shi-ite) and focus on the 'imperials powers'. But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter why they hate someone, it's just so they have someone to hate. And the reason for that hate? You don't subscribe to their version of Islam. That is enough to label you "the enemy".

Now, care to tell me what Canada's foreign policy should be? And, why was Canada SO DUMB as to simply blindly follow US foreign policy in the region?

RWGR
12-08-2015, 05:09 PM
Oh, sure.

Translation: "Damn,didn't know that...better deflect!!"

BFLPE
12-08-2015, 05:32 PM
...and now we have a part of Soonet siding with the terrorists.

...you guys get all giddy, and say "See!! See!!"

So your "source" and link" are your anecdotal stories?......You make grand statements, then totally refuse (or can't) back them up. It's the same thing children do when in an argument where emotions trump all.

Telling, really.Stop digging. :)

Barry Morris
12-08-2015, 05:47 PM

Like you did when told Afghan freedom fighters included Bin Laden!!!

What a comedian!!!

Barry Morris
12-08-2015, 05:51 PM
Well, Mr. Pseudo-Christianity, Islamic terrorism has existed in the Middle East since the early days of Mohamed. Then, after the British moved in after WWI, the radicals could stop killing each other (Sunni-Shi-ite) and focus on the 'imperials powers'. But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter why they hate someone, it's just so they have someone to hate. And the reason for that hate? You don't subscribe to their version of Islam. That is enough to label you "the enemy".

Now, care to tell me what Canada's foreign policy should be? And, why was Canada SO DUMB as to simply blindly follow US foreign policy in the region?

RWGR
12-09-2015, 06:32 PM
"imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

Guess I win again!! :) :) :)

RWGR
12-09-2015, 06:33 PM
Like you did when told Afghan freedom fighters included Bin Laden!!!

What a comedian!!!

LOL. I forgot more about Cold War history than you'll ever know!

Hans
12-09-2015, 07:54 PM
I have to agree with RWGR. You cannot put blame on a foreign policy.

BFLPE
12-10-2015, 12:41 PM

So you don't think foreign policy had anything to do with Bin Laden setting his sights on the US vs somewhere else?

Barry Morris
12-10-2015, 02:52 PM
"imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

Guess I win again!!

Really?? Or did you just stumble over an old tripwire?? :) :) :)

Like clockwork!!!

Barry Morris
12-10-2015, 02:54 PM

Not entirely, I'm sure. But some.

Some people get really mad if you screw them over!!! Especially Arabs!!

RWGR
12-10-2015, 05:52 PM
Not entirely, I'm sure. But some.

Some people get really mad if you screw them over!!! Especially Arabs!!

Good to see racism is alive and well.

RWGR
12-10-2015, 05:53 PM
Really?? Or did you just stumble over an old tripwire?? :) :) :)

Like clockwork!!!

You can tell when you really start to struggle for comebacks.

See above.

Barry Morris
12-10-2015, 06:56 PM
Good to see racism is alive and well.

Really, and yet you'll find me quite supportive of Israel, the same race, not to mention Jesus.

Barry Morris
12-10-2015, 06:56 PM
You can tell when you really start to struggle for comebacks.

See above.

Like clock work!!

Hans
12-10-2015, 10:42 PM
So you don't think foreign policy had anything to do with Bin Laden setting his sights on the US vs somewhere else?

What foreign policy affected Bin Laden directly?

RWGR
12-11-2015, 11:53 AM
Really, and yet you'll find me quite supportive of Israel, the same race, not to mention Jesus.

Congratulations! You don't hold it against Jesus that he is of Arab lineage.

You must be proud of yourself. So enlightened and accepting.

Barry Morris
12-11-2015, 02:11 PM
Congratulations! You don't hold it against Jesus that he is of Arab lineage.

You must be proud of yourself. So enlightened and accepting.

It's what thinking people do.

BFLPE
12-13-2015, 02:50 AM
What foreign policy affected Bin Laden directly?Ask Bin Laden
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A16990-2004Nov1.html

Before I begin, I say to you that security is an indispensable pillar of human life and that free men do not forfeit their security contrary to Bush's claim that we hate freedom. If so, then let him explain to us why we didn't strike -- for example -- Sweden. And we know that freedom haters don't possess defiant spirits like those of the 19. May Allah have mercy upon them.

No we fight you because we are free men who don't sleep under oppression. We want to restore freedom to our Nation and just as you lay waste to our Nation, so shall we lay waste to yours. No one except a dumb thief plays with the security of others and then makes himself believe he will be secure whereas thinking people when disaster strikes make it their priority to look for its causes in order to prevent it happening again. But I am amazed at you even though we are in the 4th year after the events of Sept 11th. Bush is still engaged in distortion, deception and hiding from you the real causes. And thus the reasons are still there for a repeat of what occurred. So I shall talk to you about the story behind those events and I shall tell you truthfully about the moments in which the decision was taken for you to consider. I say to you Allah knows that it had never occurred to us to strike the towers, but after it became unbearable and we witnessed the oppression and tyranny of the American Israeli coalition against our people in Palestine and Lebanon it came to my mind.

The events that affected my soul in a direct way started in 1982 when America permitted the Israelis to invade Lebanon and the American Sixth Fleet helped them in that. The bombardment began and many were killed and injured and others were terrorized and displaced I couldn't forget those moving scenes, blood, and severed limbs, women and children sprawled everywhere. Houses destroyed along with their occupants and high-rises demolished over their residents rockets raining down on our homes without mercy the situations was like a crocodile meeting a helpless child powerless except for his screams. Does the crocodile understand a conversation that doesn't include a weapon? And the whole world saw and heard but didn't respond. In those difficult moments, many hard-to-describe ideas bubbled in my soul, but in the end they produced an intense feeling of rejection of tyranny and gave birth to a strong resolve to punish the oppressors. And as I looked at those demolished towers in Lebanon, it entered my mind that we should punish the oppressor in kind and that we should destroy towers in America in order that they taste some of what we tasted and so that they be deterred from killing our women and children. And that day, it was confirmed to me that oppression and the intentional killing of innocent women and children is a deliberate American policy. Destruction is freedom and democracy while resistance is terrorism and intolerance. This means the oppressing and embargoing to death of millions as Bush Sr. did in Iraq in the greatest mass slaughter of children mankind has ever known and it means the throwing of millions of pounds of bombs and explosives at millions of children -- also in Iraq -- as Bush Jr. did in order to remove an old agent and replace him with a new puppet to assist in the pilfering of Iraq's oil and other outrages. So with these images and their like as their background, the events of September 11th came as a reply to those great wrongs....

Barry Morris
12-13-2015, 09:08 AM
Thanks for that, Stupified. Never saw it before. Our resident hawks will hate it.

I notice no mention whatsoever of religion. Interesting.

I heard this saying about the Arab people many years ago, long before terrorism. "Brother and brother against cousin, but all together against the infidel!" Too bad the west just doesn't seem to get it.

Hans
12-13-2015, 03:56 PM
Ask Bin Laden
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A16990-2004Nov1.html

I am sure that whack job speaks the truth.
Show me a copy of the following policy, or an example where Americans deliberately killed women and children: "the intentional killing of innocent women and children is a deliberate American policy."

Anapeg
12-13-2015, 04:14 PM
Show me a copy of the following policy, or an example where Americans deliberately killed women and children: "the intentional killing of innocent women and children is a deliberate American policy."

Perhaps overstated and designed to highlight the American (coalition) willingness to accept collateral damage?

For further evidence, I would direct you to the post re; the drone pilots.

Hans
12-13-2015, 05:00 PM
And in the end, if you truly believe it is American policy that causes terrorism, than the terrorists should focus their attacks on the military. Not on innocent people who just happen to be in the wrong place.
Many non Americans were killed in the process, but I guess it is ok for a terrorist to do so.

BFLPE
12-15-2015, 01:14 AM
Show me a copy of the following policy, or an example where Americans deliberately killed women and children: "the intentional killing of innocent women and children is a deliberate American policy."You want to see a copy of that policy, umm, good luck with that. Of course there is no policy to target innocent women and children. Indiscriminate bombing does amount to the same outcome though and it's likely Bin Laden really did see it as such. How he saw it is less important than how he used it to convince 'true believers' it was a good idea to fly planes into buildings.

That's nothing compared to the affects of Iraq though. The US and allies went under the pretense that Saddam was a threat with WMD's. None were found. Thousands of innocent people died during the time they were there and then, instead of getting things under control, they left the Country basically leaderless and look what's happened. When they went in and removed Saddam I said I didn't know if it was the right thing to do or not but they better darn well finish the job. And for a while I thought they actually were going to but Mr. Peace Prize winner decided it would be better to cut and run before things were stable. You figure that foreign policy may bring some repercussions?

And what about Syria. Obama says we don't want to get involved but if Assad were to use chemical weapons on his people that would change things. So Assad does so and Obama down plays it. Does nothing. That could easily be twisted to say the US supports Assad using chemical weapons on his people.

So yes, US foreign policy has resulted in the deaths of many innocent people over there. That doesn't excuse terrorist actions but it's not hard to see how it could motivate radical Islamists to attack the west.

BFLPE
12-15-2015, 03:34 AM
Interesting

Many assume that these fighters are motivated by a belief in the Islamic State, a caliphate ruled by a caliph with the traditional title Emir al-Muminiin, “Commander of the faithful,” a role currently held by Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi; that fighters all over the world are flocking to the area for a chance to fight for this dream. But this just doesn’t hold for the prisoners we are interviewing. They are woefully ignorant about Islam and have difficulty answering questions about Sharia law, militant jihad, and the caliphate. But a detailed, or even superficial, knowledge of Islam isn’t necessarily relevant to the ideal of fighting for an Islamic State.........

“The Americans came,” he said. “They took away Saddam, but they also took away our security. I didn’t like Saddam, we were starving then, but at least we didn’t have war. When you came here, the civil war started.” ..........

They are children of the occupation, many with missing fathers at crucial periods (through jail, death from execution, or fighting in the insurgency), filled with rage against America and their own government. They are not fueled by the idea of an Islamic caliphate without borders; rather, ISIS is the first group since the crushed Al Qaeda to offer these humiliated and enraged young men a way to defend their dignity, family, and tribe. This is not radicalization to the ISIS way of life, but the promise of a way out of their insecure and undignified lives; the promise of living in pride as Iraqi Sunni Arabs, which is not just a religious identity but cultural, tribal, and land-based, too.........
http://www.thenation.com/article/what-i-discovered-from-interviewing-isis-prisoners/

Barry Morris
12-15-2015, 09:40 AM
Somewhere in all of this is the truth.

But I don't believe for a second in western media's message, or the politicians rhetoric about their hate for our "freedoms".

Barry Morris
12-15-2015, 09:44 AM
And in the end, if you truly believe it is American policy that causes terrorism, than the terrorists should focus their attacks on the military. Not on innocent people who just happen to be in the wrong place.
Many non Americans were killed in the process, but I guess it is ok for a terrorist to do so.

There was no interaction between the west and Islam for many years while there was easy access for a terrorist to travel anywhere. Can YOU answer the question "Why didn't Muslims begin to come to push their world domination agenda in the forties, fifties, sixties and seventies???"

American foreign policy, protecting their oil interests, that's why.

RWGR
12-15-2015, 06:00 PM
There was no interaction between the west and Islam for many years while there was easy access for a terrorist to travel anywhere. Can YOU answer the question "Why didn't Muslims begin to come to push their world domination agenda in the forties, fifties, sixties and seventies???"

American foreign policy, protecting their oil interests, that's why.

So how does America protecting its oil interests lead directly to radical Muslims pushing for world domination? You assume there is some connection there, but where?

RWGR
12-15-2015, 06:01 PM
So, Paris was attacked because of US foreign policy. ISIS even came out and said they attacked Paris because France is the "leader of the Cross" in Europe.

Yup, sure sounds like American foreign policy is the issue here.

Barry Morris
12-15-2015, 07:48 PM
So, Paris was attacked because of US foreign policy. ISIS even came out and said they attacked Paris because France is the "leader of the Cross" in Europe.

Yup, sure sounds like American foreign policy is the issue here.
We love it when you regurgitate the official line!!

Hans
12-15-2015, 08:15 PM
Are you saying they did not attack France because France is "the leader of the cross" in Europe?

Barry Morris
12-15-2015, 09:06 PM
Are you saying they did not attack France because France is "the leader of the cross" in Europe?

There's lots of evidence out there that most of the ISIS people barely know anything about Islam.

It's about being paid to fight, and about their relatives and people being abused.

Unless you believe these rock-star like comments!!

Hans
12-15-2015, 09:17 PM
http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2015/11/the-islamic-state-clams-responsibility-for-paris-attacks.php

I suggest you read it, it might be revealing to you.

Barry Morris
12-15-2015, 09:37 PM
http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2015/11/the-islamic-state-clams-responsibility-for-paris-attacks.php

Don't both sides in most wars call on their God for help??

The article is just pumping the western line.

Barry Morris
12-15-2015, 09:40 PM

On the other hand:

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/11/muslim-leader-isis-people-from-other-religion-wearing-masks-and-defaming-islam

BFLPE
12-15-2015, 10:14 PM

I suggest you read it, it might be revealing to you.So you believe Allah granted victory?

Not sure what point you're trying to make with that article. Putting it into context I will assume you're trying to refute the idea that many ISIS fighters know little about Islam. If so I don't see how the fact that a miniscule percentage of their fighters are willing to perform suicide missions dispels that.

Hans
12-15-2015, 10:46 PM
The argument was why they attacked France. It was said it was because they are considered the leader of the cross in Europe.
That goes against the insistence of some that US foreign policy is the cause for terror attacks.

The link clearly refers to the leader of the cross being France, not the US.

BFLPE
12-15-2015, 10:50 PM
umm, OK.

I'm a bit slow so forgive me for this but just when did anyone insist that US foreign policy is THE cause for terror attacks.

Hans
12-15-2015, 10:56 PM
What has US foreign policy to do with France?

BFLPE
12-15-2015, 11:01 PM
oh Hans.

Barry Morris
12-15-2015, 11:33 PM
Who on earth would take anything a terrorist organization says as complete gospel truth???

Anapeg
12-16-2015, 12:15 PM
Who on earth would take anything a terrorist organization says as complete gospel truth???

I would hold any group, organization or gathering of humans with an agenda as suspect. Humans as a whole when supporting any group are spare where absolute truth is involved.

Barry Morris
12-16-2015, 05:09 PM
I would hold any group, organization or gathering of humans with an agenda as suspect. Humans as a whole when supporting any group are spare where absolute truth is involved.

Add to that the media's desire to get our attention in any way possible, for their own benefit, and it's a wonder the truth comes out at all.

I find it VERY interesting to go to Al Jazeera for a different slant on world events.

Hans
12-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Are you serious? You would go to a news site maintained by a terrorist organization for "the real news" ?

KDawg
12-16-2015, 07:01 PM
Are you serious? You would go to a news site maintained by a terrorist organization for "the real news" ?
You're always better off to go with news outlets outside of North America to get some truth and not just propaganda.

Anapeg
12-16-2015, 07:39 PM
Are you serious? Would you go to a news site maintained by a terrorist organization for "the real news"?

Do you honestly believe the slant that Al Jazeera would put on things truly pales alongside anything from North America? Unless you are watching something happen right in front of you or on live TV chances are it has been through some sort of filtre. Perhaps not quite as obvious but none the less purified.

The Voice
12-16-2015, 07:41 PM
I got news for y'all strife in the middle east is not new.

But seeing as you folks don't have much of a grasp on CURRENT EVENTS let alone HISTORY, I am not exactly shocked that you think that.

Bluesky
12-16-2015, 10:46 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/video/the-rise-of-isis-explained-in-6-minutes/vi-BBnDgec?ocid=spartanntp

Anapeg
12-17-2015, 10:23 AM
I got news for y'all strife in the middle east is not new.

But seeing as you folks don't have much of a grasp on CURRENT EVENTS let alone HISTORY, I am not exactly shocked that you think that.

The Middle East has been in a state of flux as long as there has been a Middle East. The difference this time 'round is they are carrying the "war" further afield and involving other, non-Muslim countries.

Barry Morris
12-17-2015, 12:18 PM

Two things, Hans.

I didn't say "real news" They would have their biases too. But it's certainly an interestingly different point of view.

Second, I suggest you see who actually DOES run Al Jazeera. Also check out who kicks their people out, and the reasons. Most interesting.

The Voice
12-17-2015, 01:04 PM
The Middle East has been in a state of flux as long as there has been a Middle East. The difference this time 'round is they are carrying the "war" further afield and involving other, non-Muslim countries.

Thanks for proving my point. I don't suppose you have ever heard of the Moor's?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moors Here is a little reading Material for you.

I am sure most of the posters on here don't realize that the Arabs conquered Palestine from the Christians long BEFORE the Crusades. That is a little Tid-Bit that the Arabs likes to conveniently forget.

Barry Morris
12-17-2015, 02:00 PM
Thanks for proving my point. I don't suppose you have ever heard of the Moor's?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moors Here is a little reading Material for you.

I am sure most of the posters on here don't realize that the Arabs conquered Palestine from the Christians long BEFORE the Crusades. That is a little Tid-Bit that the Arabs likes to conveniently forget.

The Christians had Palestine??

The Voice
12-17-2015, 02:09 PM

Byzantium???

Ever heard of it???

The Voice
12-17-2015, 02:12 PM

You seem to think you are an expert on many subjects of which you show little actual knowledge.

Do yourself a favor and try doing a little research before posting.

Barry Morris
12-17-2015, 03:16 PM
You seem to think you are an expert on many subjects of which you show little actual knowledge.

You make me wonder why you aren't a history teacher.

Of course, the answer is clear in your responses.

RWGR
12-17-2015, 05:52 PM

For an elderly gentleman, Barry's lack of basic historical knowledge is stunning, nothing short of stunning.

Barry Morris
12-17-2015, 11:33 PM
For an elderly gentleman, Barry's lack of basic historical knowledge is stunning, nothing short of stunning.

When you are 45 years out of high school, you won't remember a lot of stuff, too.

The Voice
12-23-2015, 10:56 PM
You make me wonder why you aren't a history teacher.

Of course, the answer is clear in your responses.

I Know, Glorious Revolution you have never heard of it. Ergo it is not relevant???

Industrial Revolution, No pollution happening there???

HISTORY as SB see's it...???...!!! WTH!!!

Barry Morris
12-23-2015, 11:57 PM
I Know, Glorious Revolution you have never heard of it. Ergo it is not relevant???

Industrial Revolution, No pollution happening there???

HISTORY as SB see's it...???...!!! WTH!!!

Poor Voice, always need to be right.

Fine by me if you think so.

The Voice
12-24-2015, 04:49 PM
Poor Voice, always need to be right.

Fine by me if you think so.

What??? I am supposed to let it slide when you say I am wrong and I am not???

As if,,, you can't make that approach stick anymore.

I'd be willing to bet that Little Reality is just killing you.

;)

Barry Morris
12-24-2015, 05:14 PM
What??? I am supposed to let it slide when you say I am wrong and I am not???

As if,,, you can't make that approach stick anymore.

I'd be willing to bet that Little Reality is just killing you.

;)

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to you and yours!!!

RWGR
12-31-2015, 12:48 PM
So just to make sure I'm clear on this with Soonet's foreign policy experts, BM and Hans.

Six people were arrested in Brussels on suspicion of terrorist activities and New Year's Eve fireworks were cancelled in the city due to fear of terrorist plots, and this is due to US foreign policy in the Middle East, correct, BM?

Hans, if a major US city cancelled New Year's Eve celebrations due to fear of a terror plot it would be seen as reactionary, and signs the US is a police state gripped in fear; but, seeing this happened in Belgium it is proof Belgium officials are vigilant, brave, and the Belgian people should be thrilled they have such caring and effective government officials, right?

Barry Morris
12-31-2015, 03:17 PM
Soonet has a foreign policy??

RWGR
12-31-2015, 03:24 PM
Soonet has a foreign policy??

Translation: "I can't defend what I said earlier"

Barry Morris
12-31-2015, 03:58 PM
Translation: "I can't defend what I said earlier"

Oh??

In truth, I don't care what you think about it.

Had a chat just last week down in Toronto with a sewing machine repair guy named Mustafa. He said he came from Baghdad 25 years ago, and visited home in 2014. The changes to his home and the destruction he blamed on the USA.

Truth?? Who knows. What he BELIEVES explains much.

RWGR
12-31-2015, 03:59 PM
Oh??

In truth, I don't care what you think about it.

Had a chat just last week down in Toronto with a sewing machine repair guy named Mustafa. He said he came from Baghdad 25 years ago, and visited home in 2014. The changes to his home and the destruction he blamed on the USA.

Truth?? Who knows. What he BELIEVES explains much.

Well ,there you go, people, Mustafa the sewing machine repair man says the US is to blame.

I guess there's nothing left to debate.

RWGR
12-31-2015, 04:01 PM
Oh, to be a fly on the wall as a sewing machine repair man and stereo installer discussed politics ...

:) :) :)

Barry Morris
12-31-2015, 04:02 PM
Well ,there you go, people, Mustafa the sewing machine repair man says the US is to blame.

I guess there's nothing left to debate.

You missed the point. So you lash out.

Too bad.

RWGR
12-31-2015, 04:08 PM
I know a woman, Hadele, whose father came here from Iraq in the early-90s. Her family is extremely grateful of US policy over there.

Hmmmm, now we're in a real conundrum ...

Barry Morris
12-31-2015, 05:19 PM
I know a woman, Hadele, whose father came here from Iraq in the early-90s. Her family is extremely grateful of US policy over there.

Hmmmm, now we're in a real conundrum ...

You still missed it.

RWGR
12-31-2015, 05:20 PM
You still missed it.

and you're the fastest shopper in the world!!!

Barry Morris
12-31-2015, 05:25 PM
and you're the fastest shopper in the world!!!

It's a small town, honey!!! :) :) :)

RWGR
12-31-2015, 05:27 PM
This is getting creepy

Barry Morris
12-31-2015, 09:31 PM
This is getting creepy

Getting??? :) :) :)

RWGR
01-02-2016, 11:20 AM
Touche'

Barry Morris
01-02-2016, 11:44 AM
Touche'

Something tells me you really don't know what that means.

Anapeg
01-02-2016, 03:49 PM

Touch or more literally "Gotcha". It comes from fencing.

Barry Morris
01-02-2016, 05:00 PM

Hmmmm???

I didn't think he'd be back to correct himself.

Anapeg
01-02-2016, 06:42 PM
Hmmmm???

Touché, sorry.

The Voice
01-04-2016, 08:04 PM

It actually means you got me not I got you.

https://www.google.ca/#q=touche%27

The Voice
01-04-2016, 08:05 PM

There is actually nothing wrong with his usage of this. I am not sure you really know what it means.

Barry Morris
01-04-2016, 08:49 PM
There is actually nothing wrong with his usage of this. I am not sure you really know what it means.

Excuse me??

First you tell him he's wrong, then you tell me???

I'm not THAT confused!!!

The Voice
01-05-2016, 07:51 PM
Getting??? :) :) :)

You made a good point.

The Voice
01-05-2016, 07:52 PM
Touche'

Birdman Acknowledged it.

The Voice
01-05-2016, 07:53 PM

Ergo I think you are the one who does not know what it means.