PDA

View Full Version : Liberty University president urges students to be armed

Hans
12-05-2015, 11:56 PM
At a time when most college campuses prohibit guns, Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. thinks the opposite should be the case -- urging his school's students to be armed, especially in light of this week's massacre in San Bernardino, California.

"I always thought that if more good people had concealed-carry permits, then we could end those Muslims before they walk in and kill," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/05/us/liberty-university-urges-armed-students/index.html

And another one they should deport.

BFLPE
12-06-2015, 12:03 AM
Hold on, did you post a cnn story?

I think we're going to see a lot of these now.
ALBANY, N.Y. – An upstate New York sheriff is urging residents of his county who are licensed gun owners to arm themselves when they leave home, citing recent mass shootings in the United States and Paris.

“I urge you to responsibly take advantage of your legal right to carry a firearm,” Ulster County Sheriff Paul Van Blarcum, a Democrat, wrote on the department’s Facebook page less than 24 hours after 14 people were shot dead in San Bernardino, California.
http://globalnews.ca/news/2380131/new-york-sheriff-urges-gun-owners-to-carry-weapons-in-light-of-mass-shootings/

Barry Morris
12-06-2015, 02:00 AM
At a time when most college campuses prohibit guns, Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. thinks the opposite should be the case -- urging his school's students to be armed, especially in light of this week's massacre in San Bernardino, California.

"I always thought that if more good people had concealed-carry permits, then we could end those Muslims before they walk in and kill," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/05/us/liberty-university-urges-armed-students/index.html

And another one they should deport.

The simple question is, would less people have died if a few in San Bernadino had been armed??

If, for example, a couple of police officers had been there, results may have been different.

So why not others??

Anapeg
12-06-2015, 03:47 PM
The simple question is, would fewer people have died if a few in San Bernadino had been armed??

If, for example, a couple of police officers had been there, results may have been different.

So why not others??

Because others lack training in how to gear a deadly response. Ie; crossfire, ricochet, identifying a possible target. Good Lord! Two people firing randomly did that much damage then throw in one, two, or more firing in response and all Hell breaks loose and you have collateral damage in the unth degree. They could, in all honesty, see one another as a threat and then what happens?

Barry Morris
12-06-2015, 04:56 PM
Because others lack training in how to gear a deadly response. Ie; crossfire, ricochet, identifying a possible target. Good Lord! Two people firing randomly did that much damage then throw in one, two, or more firing in response and all Hell breaks loose and you have collateral damage in the unth degree. They could, in all honesty, see one another as a threat and then what happens?

So train gun owners.

Can't really see it being any worse.

Hans
12-06-2015, 06:37 PM
If everyone would have a gun, how would you know who the perpetrators are?
How would law enforcement know that the person running towards them with a semi automatic gun screaming for help is a good or a bad guy?

Hans
12-06-2015, 06:39 PM
The video shows a shirtless man confronted by several police officers.

The man takes a couple steps forward, places his left hand on the front of a parked police cruiser and stops. His right hand can no longer be seen -- it is blocked from view by an officer to his side.

Moments later, the officer fires the rifle -- two shots can be heard -- and the man falls backward onto the street, clutching his chest. A scream can be heard.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/05/us/miami-beach-police-shooting/index.html

And that was just a razor in his hand. If it was a gun they likely would have dropped him right away.

Anapeg
12-06-2015, 11:24 PM
So train gun owners.

Can't really see it being any worse.

How many people with the aching want to try out their new found right to carry and fire guns like a Hollywood hero is too many?

Barry Morris
12-07-2015, 12:26 AM
How many people with the aching want to try out their new found right to carry and fire guns like a Hollywood hero is too many?

"Forty four states' constitutions recognize and secure the right to keep and bear arms in some form, and none of those prohibit the open carrying of firearms." Wiki

Not hearing much.

How do we stop criminals from getting guns??

Anapeg
12-07-2015, 04:15 PM
"Forty-four states' constitutions recognize and secure the right to keep and bear arms in some form, and none of those prohibit the open carrying of firearms." Wiki

Not hearing much.

How do we stop criminals from getting guns??

I am all for the death penalty. Start killing those who kill others. Texas has it right. Should three credible witnesses see you take a life, your life is forfeit.

Barry Morris
12-08-2015, 06:06 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/20/concealed-permit-holder-stops-attempted-mass-shooting-in-chicago/

Uber driver with concealed weapon stops a shooter.

Another incident is also mentioned, but I sure didn't see it in the media!!!

Barry Morris
12-08-2015, 06:08 PM
I am all for the death penalty. Start killing those who kill others. Texas has it right. Should three credible witnesses see you take a life, your life is forfeit.

Gimme a break. How on earth can this stop a terrorist or criminal???

And three credible witnesses have put people away before for crimes they didn't commit.

Anapeg
12-08-2015, 06:33 PM

And three credible witnesses have put people away before for crimes they didn't commit.

Neither am I intensely against torture. If they fail to eliminate themselves, perhaps we could have some sport with the task.

RWGR
12-10-2015, 05:58 PM

You take a life on purpose? You lose your life.

After all ...

You have heard the law that says the punishment must match the injury: 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.'

Mat 5:38

You can't 'turn the other cheek' if you're dead.

Barry Morris
12-10-2015, 06:53 PM
You take a life on purpose? You lose your life.

After all ...

You have heard the law that says the punishment must match the injury: 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.'

Mat 5:38

You can't 'turn the other cheek' if you're dead.

Sorry, your bible knowledge is lacking, obviously. The context of this commonly known verse is NOT one supporting vengeance, but one cautioning justice. Man tends to vengefully escalate the punishment past what is just. The verses warn, "this much and no more!"

Hans
12-10-2015, 10:44 PM
I hope Trump becomes the next President, he will deport these idiots.
Anybody else would either appease them, or dance around them.

Barry Morris
12-11-2015, 12:28 AM
I hope Trump becomes the next President, he will deport these idiots.
Anybody else would either appease them, or dance around them.

Please identify the idiots.

Hans
12-11-2015, 12:44 AM
President Jerry Falwell Jr. thinks the opposite should be the case -- urging his school's students to be armed.

That guy.

Barry Morris
12-11-2015, 01:02 AM
So, to take a page from RWGR's playbook, you obviously think it's better to die than shoot back.

Thank you. Good day.

Hans
12-11-2015, 07:19 AM
No, but I do suggest you read what President Jerry Falwell Jr said.
Let me highlight it for your convenience: "I always thought that if more good people had concealed-carry permits, then we could end those Muslims before they walk in and kill,"

Observe the use of the word "before" in the above sentence.

RWGR
12-11-2015, 11:55 AM
Sorry, your bible knowledge is lacking, obviously. The context of this commonly known verse is NOT one supporting vengeance, but one cautioning justice. Man tends to vengefully escalate the punishment past what is just. The verses warn, "this much and no more!"

Geez, thanks for the context, of which I earlier provided context.

I can say without fail I truly believe you've never read the Bible, save for more than a passage here and there.

Barry Morris
12-11-2015, 02:10 PM
Geez, thanks for the context, of which I earlier provided context.

I can say without fail I truly believe you've never read the Bible, save for more than a passage here and there.

I know. freedom of speech allows for the most ridiculous of your statements.

Hans
12-12-2015, 09:03 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/12/us/sheriffs-urge-citizens-buy-guns/index.html

More to detain. Can't wait until they get into a gun fight with a bunch of armed citizens. We will see then how well it works out to arm people.

Barry Morris
12-12-2015, 09:31 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/12/us/sheriffs-urge-citizens-buy-guns/index.html

More to detain. Can't wait until they get into a gun fight with a bunch of armed citizens. We will see then how well it works out to arm people.

People have been armed in many places. Citizens are already engaged criminals.

I haven't seen a problem yet.

Hope they make it legal here soon.

Anapeg
12-12-2015, 10:24 PM
People have been armed in many places. Citizens are already engaged criminals.

I haven't seen a problem yet.

Hope they make it legal here soon.

Ya, because there is so much gun play in Canada. The last three murders in our area where two with pocket knives and one with a friggin' shovel. Fully armed cops stood and watched the immigrant in White River decapitate Tim McLean. You want things to be like the wild west you are in the wrong country.

Barry Morris
12-12-2015, 11:44 PM
Ya, because there is so much gun play in Canada. The last three murders in our area where two with pocket knives and one with a friggin' shovel. Fully armed cops stood and watched the immigrant in White River decapitate Tim McLean. You want things to be like the wild west you are in the wrong country.

Ya know, I really don't want to have the last laugh. But the way this world is going. I might!!!

Funny you should mention the Wild West. From what I understand,, that is mostly myth. And the reason is that many of those who went west were Civil War survivors. Armed. You really think anybody messed with them??

Nihilistic Heathen
12-13-2015, 02:41 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/20/concealed-permit-holder-stops-attempted-mass-shooting-in-chicago/

Uber driver with concealed weapon stops a shooter.

Another incident is also mentioned, but I sure didn't see it in the media!!!

You didn't see it in the media? What's www.Brietbart.com?

I seem to recall a carjacking victim getting shot in the head recently by a "good samaritan with a gun". If remember correctly the good samaritan picked up his shell casing and fled the scene too. Too bad there wasn't another good samaritan with better aim around to shoot the first one before he shot the carjacking victim by accident. Right Barry? That's what we need more good samaritans with guns to protect the innocent.

Nihilistic Heathen
12-13-2015, 02:46 PM
Ya know, I really don't want to have the last laugh. But the way this world is going. I might!!!

Funny you should mention the Wild West. From what I understand,, that is mostly myth. And the reason is that many of those who went west were Civil War survivors. Armed. You really think anybody messed with them??

I think someone needs to read a history book. I'm pretty sure the U.S. Government was giving the land away to encourage settlers to move west and farm.

Anapeg
12-13-2015, 03:11 PM
The logic for some, people being killed with guns, carry more guns. The blind leading the blind. Black Friday, Macy' at opening. One fool shoots another and all Hell ensues. When the untrained feel law on their side and adrenaline is flowing like water, instead of one dead or wounded imagine the numbers as they could be.

Barry Morris
12-13-2015, 07:43 PM

I seem to recall a carjacking victim getting shot in the head recently by a "good samaritan with a gun". If remember correctly the good samaritan picked up his shell casing and fled the scene too. Too bad there wasn't another good samaritan with better aim around to shoot the first one before he shot the carjacking victim by accident. Right Barry? That's what we need more good samaritans with guns to protect the innocent.

I did mention training, did I not??

Just depends how many dead you prefer to see.

Barry Morris
12-13-2015, 07:44 PM
I think someone needs to read a history book. I'm pretty sure the U.S. Government was giving the land away to encourage settlers to move west and farm.

Yeah, so?? You think they weren't armed, pretty tough people, a lot of them with war experience??

Barry Morris
12-13-2015, 07:45 PM

BTW, I check CBC, NBC, CBS, and CNN almost every day.

Barry Morris
12-13-2015, 07:46 PM
The logic for some, people being killed with guns, carry more guns. The blind leading the blind. Black Friday, Macy' at opening. One fool shoots another and all Hell ensues. When the untrained feel law on their side and adrenaline is flowing like water, instead of one dead or wounded imagine the numbers as they could be.

Train 'em!!!

Anapeg
12-14-2015, 01:39 AM
Train 'em!!!

The cost of this training is to be the responsibility of whom? What happens to an individual who accidentally guns down the wrong individual? Who makes restitution? Who covers collateral damage?