PDA

View Full Version : 500 Years Since Luther

Barry Morris
12-07-2015, 11:16 AM
http://www.germany.travel/en/specials/luther/luther.html

"One decade to mark half a millennium. In the ten years between 2008 and 2017, exhibitions, festivals and concerts across Germany are celebrating the anniversary of Luther nailing his theses to the door of the Castle Church."

RWGR
12-07-2015, 11:21 AM
Jesus prayed for unity.

Luther gave us division.

Satan loves division. He'll be celebrating.

Celebrate away.

Barry Morris
12-07-2015, 11:25 AM
He divided a denomination, but the Body of Christ, has never, and will never be divided.

RWGR
12-07-2015, 11:25 AM
He divided a denomination, but the Body of Christ, has never, and will never be divided.

Is Christianity united?

Nope.

Celebrate away.

RWGR
12-07-2015, 11:27 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/01/1b/f9/011bf9abbd2cba531c57a504982390e8.jpg

RWGR
12-07-2015, 11:29 AM
http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/godandthemachine/files/2015/10/lutherdevil.jpg

RWGR
12-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Barry's attempt to find some common ground with Blue in here.

I'm afraid too much damage has been done, however.

Barry Morris
12-07-2015, 12:32 PM
Is Christianity united?

Nope.

Celebrate away.

Is Christianity united?? On major points, true believers are united indeed. That's why we fellowship together so well, exchanging pastors, intermarrying, working together on evangelical endeavours.

When I assisted on a crusade here in the Sault some years ago, the only non-represented denominations were the RCC and the cults.

I know you would like to believe that Protestantism is a mess, but it isn't that bad. Disagreement on minors, but unity in the true Body.

Barry Morris
12-07-2015, 12:33 PM
Cute pictures.

Imagine having the music in your hymnbooks from a dealer with the devil, as they portray.

The RCC does.

RWGR
12-07-2015, 02:25 PM
Cute pictures.

Imagine having the music in your hymnbooks from a dealer with the devil, as they portray.

The RCC does.

by all means, go on ...

RWGR
12-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Is Christianity united?? On major points, true believers are united indeed.

On some major points. Not believing the Holy Eucharist is indeed the Body and Blood of Christ is a major division point, to name just one.

That's why we fellowship together so well, exchanging pastors, intermarrying, working together on evangelical endeavours.

and why we have thousands of Protestant denominations.

It isn't because you agree on so many things, my friend.

When I assisted on a crusade here in the Sault some years ago, the only non-represented denominations were the RCC and the cults.

The cults didn't know any better, and the RCC does. Good for them for avoiding you and your pseudo-Christianity.

I know you would like to believe that Protestantism is a mess, but it isn't that bad. Disagreement on minors, but unity in the true Body.

Barry, thousands of denominations. Sorry, but that's a mess. A brutally-sad mess.

Barry Morris
12-07-2015, 02:47 PM
That's fine, RW, whatever you like.

RWGR
12-07-2015, 02:49 PM
by all means, go on ...

Barry Morris
12-09-2015, 02:15 AM
Aren't you lucky to live in a place once regarded as a haven for persecuted protestants.

RWGR
12-09-2015, 06:28 PM
Aren't you lucky to live in a place once regarded as a haven for persecuted protestants.

The Protestant Work Ethic was awesome, it helped build this great country.

But their work ethic has nothing to do with their fundamental dogma, which is haphazard and all over the place.

Aren't you glad you live in the West,a West created in large part by the Roman Catholic Church?

And I see you still refuse to back up an earlier assertion. We'll just write that one off as another lie.

RWGR
12-09-2015, 06:30 PM
And my sincerest apologies. You really thought this was the thread that would get some people back with you.

Alas, it's not to be; it's never to be. You blew it. Big time.

Barry Morris
12-09-2015, 09:54 PM
And my sincerest apologies. You really thought this was the thread that would get some people back with you.

Alas, it's not to be; it's never to be. You blew it. Big time.

I feel sorry for someone who has to spout such drivel.

Barry Morris
12-09-2015, 09:55 PM
Aren't you glad you live in the West,a West created in large part by the Roman Catholic Church?

That so many europeans fled?? Partial truths again.

Barry Morris
12-09-2015, 11:00 PM
Is Christianity united?

Nope.

Celebrate away.

Your denomination recognizes no difference between so-called Christianity and the real Body of Christ. Anybody can claim the name "Christian" but God knows the truth. He even says one might do miracles in Jesus name, and not be part of that Body.

Barry Morris
12-09-2015, 11:01 PM
...And I see you still refuse to back up an earlier assertion. We'll just write that one off as another lie.

We?? Who is we??

Kindly point out which assertion, and I'll respond.

RWGR
12-10-2015, 05:48 PM
That so many europeans fled?? Partial truths again.

I made an assertion you claim is wrong, prove it is so.

RWGR
12-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Your denomination recognizes no difference between so-called Christianity and the real Body of Christ..

Okay, now in English ...

RWGR
12-10-2015, 05:50 PM
We?? Who is we??

Kindly point out which assertion, and I'll respond.

Cute pictures.

The RCC does.

Barry Morris
12-10-2015, 06:40 PM
Cute pictures.

The RCC does.

That's the way it is, RW. Explain, how a denomination would use the hymns of a man they consider to be a heritic.

Makes no sense to me.

Barry Morris
12-10-2015, 06:46 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
Your denomination recognizes no difference between so-called Christianity and the real Body of Christ..

Okay, now in English ...

I can understand your confusion. Almost seems that your beliefs are at odds with the RCC./

You see, Protestants have been described as "separated bretheren". Now, a brother is a clear relationship, and obviously a member of the family, God's family, and part of the Body of Christ. Are you with me so far??

Consequently, even the RCC admits that the Body of Christ extends beyond her authority. That there is something beyond ANY denominational beliefs that defines that Body. And that is where the true unity lies. Not in our beliefs, but in our relationship, to Christ our brother, and to God our father.

I don't think you can admit that.

RWGR
12-11-2015, 11:51 AM
That's the way it is, RW. Explain, how a denomination would use the hymns of a man they consider to be a heritic.

Makes no sense to me.

Ummm...Luther didn't write the hymns!

You're assuming all Protestantism followed Luther's lead. Hardly. It was fractured right out of the gate.

I know, shocking

RWGR
12-11-2015, 11:52 AM
I can understand your confusion. Almost seems that your beliefs are at odds with the RCC./

You see, Protestants have been described as "separated bretheren". Now, a brother is a clear relationship, and obviously a member of the family, God's family, and part of the Body of Christ. Are you with me so far??

Consequently, even the RCC admits that the Body of Christ extends beyond her authority. That there is something beyond ANY denominational beliefs that defines that Body. And that is where the true unity lies. Not in our beliefs, but in our relationship, to Christ our brother, and to God our father.

I don't think you can admit that.

I can admit you're wrong. Does that work?

Bluesky
12-11-2015, 01:31 PM
Yup. They're still at it. I'll check again in a few days.

Barry Morris
12-11-2015, 02:04 PM
Yup. They're still at it. I'll check again in a few days.

Why bother?

I'm just enjoying what he ignores. :) :) :)

Barry Morris
12-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Ummm...Luther didn't write the hymns!

I'll have to check the Roman Catholic hymn book again. Sure it said Martin Luther.

Unless, like Homer, it was "another greek" of the same name. :) :) :)

RWGR
12-15-2015, 06:03 PM
Why bother?

I'm just enjoying what he ignores. :) :) :)

Blue, PLEASE acknowledge Barry's existence...he's dying in here!!

RWGR
12-15-2015, 06:04 PM
I'll have to check the Roman Catholic hymn book again. Sure it said Martin Luther.

Okay, here we go again...you made the claim, you support it with a source (here's where he packs up and leaves, folks)

RWGR
12-15-2015, 06:05 PM

Okay, here we go again...you made the claim, you support it with a source (here's where he packs up and leaves, folks)

Unless, like Homer, it was "another greek" of the same name.

Speaking of Greek, can anyone translate that last comment to English for me??

Barry Morris
12-15-2015, 06:11 PM
Speaking of Greek, can anyone translate that last comment to English for me??

Sorry, thought you were better read.

Barry Morris
12-15-2015, 06:12 PM

Gee, if I do dig out my RCC hymn book, will YOU pack up and leave??

RWGR
12-15-2015, 06:14 PM
Gee, if I do dig out my RCC hymn book, will YOU pack up and leave??

Are you going to ban me???

Oh, wait ...

:) :) :)

RWGR
12-15-2015, 06:15 PM
Sorry, thought you were better read.

Deciphering some of your posts takes skills few men posses, friend

Barry Morris
12-15-2015, 06:27 PM

A quick look. Check here.

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=127891

Barry Morris
12-15-2015, 06:28 PM
Deciphering some of your posts takes skills few men posses, friend

I have no idea what a posse has to do with this, but when you don't understand something, it's not a concern.

Some tactics get warn out, ya know.

RWGR
12-15-2015, 06:32 PM
A quick look. Check here.

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=127891

and this response says it all

"Truth is truth, whether it's expressed by a Catholic or someone else. So long as a hymn is theologically sound and decent musically, I have no problem using it."

Barry Morris
12-15-2015, 06:35 PM
and this response says it all

"Truth is truth, whether it's expressed by a Catholic or someone else. So long as a hymn is theologically sound and decent musically, I have no problem using it."

There's a change, RWGR ALMOST admitting something!!!

RWGR
12-15-2015, 06:37 PM
There's a change, RWGR ALMOST admitting something!!!

What isn't new is I was able to turn Barry's quotes and words right around to dismantle his argument.

He just makes it too easy

Barry Morris
12-15-2015, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the laugh, winner!!

The Voice
12-16-2015, 07:53 PM
Taking a page out of the SOCK's repertoire I have decided I could watch a couple of Documentaries and do a little reading on Wiki and become an instant expert on Luther.

So far what I have managed to glean is that the rise of Lutheranism was somehow connected to the advent of the printing press.

Barry Morris
12-16-2015, 10:53 PM
Taking a page out of the SOCK's repertoire I have decided I could watch a couple of Documentaries and do a little reading on Wiki and become an instant expert on Luther.

So far what I have managed to glean is that the rise of Lutheranism was somehow connected to the advent of the printing press.

Probably to some extent. Bibles became more commonly available to the common man, at a time when men began to question the church.

Bluesky
12-17-2015, 10:45 AM

The importance of the printing press to the Reformation cannot be underestimated. The Bible was the first book to be published on it, and Luther used it to produce many pamphlets that were quickly disseminated.

RWGR
12-17-2015, 05:44 PM
...soon to be misinterpreted by scores of people, which Luther feared.

http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/exploringourmatrix/files/2014/09/Reformation-translations-denominations.png