PDA

View Full Version : Former Drone Pilots Denounce 'Morally Outrageous' Program

Barry Morris
12-07-2015, 02:07 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/former-drone-pilots-denounce-morally-outrageous-program-n472496

"..the three self-described whistleblowers also wrote a letter to President Obama, Defense Secretary Ash Carter, and CIA Director John Brennan in which they link drone strikes to the rise of ISIS and to the recent attacks in Paris. For terrorists, they wrote, drone attacks are "a fundamental recruiting tool similar to Guantanamo Bay."

Anapeg
12-07-2015, 03:11 PM
Methinks Obama is operating with bad intel. It is either that or he is a better liar than I had given him credit for.

RWGR
12-07-2015, 05:11 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/former-drone-pilots-denounce-morally-outrageous-program-n472496

"..the three self-described whistleblowers also wrote a letter to President Obama, Defense Secretary Ash Carter, and CIA Director John Brennan in which they link drone strikes to the rise of ISIS and to the recent attacks in Paris. For terrorists, they wrote, drone attacks are "a fundamental recruiting tool similar to Guantanamo Bay."

Three "self-described whistle-blowers" ...LOL, that's good stuff, there.

We certainly don't want to use drones to kill ISIS members, that makes them mad. Let's use human pilots all the time, that way ISIS has a fighting chance of getting a stray POW here and there. We really need to stop thinking of ourselves so much, and start thinking about their feelings, too.

Barry Morris
12-07-2015, 05:28 PM
RW, you should have been a politician.

Re-direct, ignore the point, answer another "question", you are a true winner!!!

Barry Morris
12-07-2015, 05:31 PM
""We were very callous about any real collateral damage," said Michael Haas, 29, who worked as both a drone operator and instructor. "Whenever that possibility came p, most of the time it was a 'guilt by association' or sometimes we didn't even consider other people that were on screen."

Didn't I say that??? "Kill'em all, let God sort them out".

Unfortunately for the military hierarchy, some of the drone pilots are human.

RWGR
12-08-2015, 01:26 PM
RW, you should have been a politician.

Re-direct, ignore the point, answer another "question", you are a true winner!!!

So you can't refute my refutation?

Guess I do win, then.

Barry Morris
12-08-2015, 01:57 PM
So you can't refute my refutation?

Guess I do win, then.

Sure. Like your callous military leadership.

No wonder PTSD is such a problem.

RWGR
12-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Still winning!! :) :) :)

RWGR
12-08-2015, 02:02 PM
Barry, in a last gasp effort to try and convince himself he has one friend left here, is trying to gin up a 'Canada v US' theme here, boys...help him out!!

Barry Morris
12-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Still winning!! :) :) :)

Of course you are!!!

Barry Morris
12-10-2015, 08:47 AM
https://www.facebook.com/NBCNews/videos/1259029680783726/?fref=nf

The personal cost.

Anapeg
12-11-2015, 11:35 AM
""We were very callous about any real collateral damage," said Michael Haas, 29, who worked as both a drone operator and instructor. "Whenever that possibility came p, most of the time it was a 'guilt by association' or sometimes we didn't even consider other people that were on screen."

Didn't I say that??? "Kill'em all, let God sort them out".

Unfortunately for the military hierarchy, some of the drone pilots are human.

I seem to recall seeing this ("Kill...sort them out") on a shoulder flash attached to an American group of paratroopers I believe. If it is on a uniform it must be subscribed to, right?

Barry Morris
12-11-2015, 01:08 PM
I seem to recall seeing this ("Kill...sort them out") on a shoulder flash attached to an American group of paratroopers I believe. If it is on a uniform it must be subscribed to, right?

Seems like some soldiers are human.