PDA

View Full Version : Nutanix Files For $200 Million IPO

Hans
12-23-2015, 04:08 PM
Nutanix is one of the rare unicorns (a startup valued at more than $1 billion), and analysts have expected it to either IPO or be the subject of an acquisition for well over a year. Nutanix has a stellar valuation, but it is not a profitable company.

Nutanix spent $161,829,000 last year, which is more than half of its revenue, on marketing alone. This represents a typical marketing-heavy startup profile, and the company indicated that it does not plan to become profitable any time in the near future.

http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/nutanix-ipo-s1-hyperconverged-vmware,1-3089.html

I don't get it. Some financial wizard has to explain to me how this is making sense and how they can issue stock when they state they do not plan to become profitable any time soon?

I want to issue stock also, clearly stating I will never become profitable!

Anapeg
12-23-2015, 04:33 PM
It all started with some drunken salesman betting he could sell stones to an unsuspecting public and pet rocks were born. Then along came a Parisian huckster who bets he could sell water to the unsuspecting public then the floodgates were opened.