Barry Morris
12-31-2015, 09:22 PM
"Guidance to unarmed aviation police: Run and hide"

Chicago's O'hare Airport.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/30/us/unarmed-aviation-officers/index.html

Way to advertise, CNN.

Anapeg
12-31-2015, 11:28 PM
(In my best Lilly Tomlin 'Ernestine' voice).We have a direct line ti ISIS for you now sir.

Barry Morris
01-01-2016, 12:11 AM
(In my best Lilly Tomlin 'Ernestine' voice).We have a direct line ti ISIS for you now sir.

Yup.

Next thing they'll put up is "gun-free zone" signs.

Anapeg
01-01-2016, 10:41 AM
Media especially, and government to a point, show the terrorists all weak points etc. to attack. Just in case, they had not been aware on their own.

Official Cat of Soonet
01-01-2016, 11:55 AM
Turn off your TV. There are not mass shooters lurking everywhere

Barry Morris
01-01-2016, 11:59 AM

Of course there aren't.

And there really haven't been that many.

But if you were one, wanting to do as much damage as possible, where would you go??

Official Cat of Soonet
01-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Of course there aren't.

And there really haven't been that many.

But if you were one, wanting to do as much damage as possible, where would you go??

Not to an airport

Anapeg
01-01-2016, 12:01 PM

Pass this message off to ISIS will you. I am not a terrorist.

Barry Morris
01-01-2016, 12:03 PM
Not to an airport

Really?? Why not?? And why not one with lower security??

Barry Morris
01-01-2016, 12:04 PM

Neither am I. But I can think of several ways to be one.

Official Cat of Soonet
01-01-2016, 12:09 PM
Really?? Why not?? And why not one with lower security??

Well if I'm a mass shooter then chances are that something set me off. School shootings are almost always students or former students or know someone at the school. Work shootings are disgruntled workers or former workers. Church/Mosque shooting s are usually religious fanatics. You don't hear about too many random mass shootings at places with no connection to the shooter. A person watching CNN and hearing an airport has no guns is not going to say oh well I should go shoot it up then. That's just pure idiocy on your part.

Official Cat of Soonet
01-01-2016, 12:10 PM

Ya because those ISIS mass shootings are a threat. They watch CNN to find out security at airports

Barry Morris
01-01-2016, 12:15 PM
Well if I'm a mass shooter then chances are that something set me off. School shootings are almost always students or former students or know someone at the school. Work shootings are disgruntled workers or former workers. Church/Mosque shooting s are usually religious fanatics. You don't hear about too many random mass shootings at places with no connection to the shooter. A person watching CNN and hearing an airport has no guns is not going to say oh well I should go shoot it up then. That's just pure idiocy on your part.

True about the connections.

But if some young Muslim is ticked off in general, and now is seeing abuse of his people in the USA, he just might now have an aiming point.

Unarmed police is worse than idiocy, it's sheer fantasy.

Official Cat of Soonet
01-01-2016, 12:19 PM

But if some young Muslim is ticked off in general, and now is seeing abuse of his people in the USA, he just might now have an aiming point.

Unarmed police is worse than idiocy, it's sheer fantasy.

The aviation police don't carry guns. There are also Chicago police stationed there that do carry guns. Stop reading headlines only.

Anapeg
01-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Ya because those ISIS mass shootings are a threat. They watch CNN to find out security at airports

Cool. I see you be a stand back and see type of man. I am with you. Until they kill and maim here we won't be concerned. Recall if you will I side with those of middle eastern decent and see westerners as a blight on their land and believe we should get the Hell out leaving them to it. That does not dispell and concerns I may have for safety in our little patch of wonderfulness.

riggs
01-01-2016, 12:39 PM

But if some young Muslim is ticked off in general, and now is seeing abuse of his people in the USA.

I believe there's a greater chance of seeing abuse of his people in his country of origin.

Barry Morris
01-01-2016, 12:53 PM
The aviation police don't carry guns. There are also Chicago police stationed there that do carry guns. Stop reading headlines only.

Oh, I did indeed read the WHOLE thing.

So, every other airport has armed aviation police (who by the way are trained just like Chicago police).

And which airport would have the worst response time to a threat?? O'hare.

Simple as that.

Simple.

Barry Morris
01-01-2016, 12:55 PM
Cool. I see you be a stand back and see type of man. I am with you. Until they kill and maim here we won't be concerned. Recall if you will I side with those of middle eastern decent and see westerners as a blight on their land and believe we should get the Hell out leaving them to it. That does not dispell and concerns I may have for safety in our little patch of wonderfulness.

This remind me of a quote about americans. "Refuse to learn about parachutes. Know all about splints!!"

Barry Morris
01-01-2016, 12:56 PM
I believe there's a greater chance of seeing abuse of his people in his country of origin.

And this matters how??

Least safe US airport?? O'hare.

The way it is.

Official Cat of Soonet
01-01-2016, 01:14 PM
And this matters how??

The way it is.

Yes because the 231 armed police are not enough on top of the other security measures in place.

Official Cat of Soonet
01-01-2016, 01:23 PM
The busiest airport in the states has 3 more armed officers than the third busiest airport. O'Hare is the third. According to you it's the least safest and that's without you even knowing what other security system they have in place.

Anapeg
01-01-2016, 05:08 PM
My God but you people do run off on tangents so. This point you discuss has naught to do with the OP.

riggs
01-01-2016, 05:14 PM
And this matters how??

The way it is.

Really Barry? You either have a poor memory or you forget what you posted.............your choice

Barry Morris
01-01-2016, 05:16 PM
Probably forgot.

IMHO
01-01-2016, 06:11 PM
Where am I ??

Hans
01-01-2016, 06:53 PM
"Guidance to unarmed aviation police: Run and hide"

Chicago's O'hare Airport.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/30/us/unarmed-aviation-officers/index.html

Way to advertise, CNN.

You should read the link and read between the lines.
There is a regular armed police force and additionally they have the unarmed police aviation officers.

If you read between the lines it sounds like it is a Union related issue, as both forces are under separate Unions.

Official Cat of Soonet
01-01-2016, 08:14 PM
My God but you people do run off on tangents so. This point you discuss has naught to do with the OP.

The original post is an article saying the airport security does not carry guns with Barry saying " way to advertise CNN".

Please tell us what the original post was alluding to then.