PDA

View Full Version : Typical Left Wing Press

The Voice
01-04-2016, 08:25 PM
I doubt very much this would have made the National News if it was a friend of a Liberal Politician.

Plenty of skeletons in the Fiberals Closets.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/former-harper-drummer-sentenced-on-sex-charges/ar-AAglgAA?li=AAggFp5

Anapeg
01-04-2016, 11:46 PM
I doubt very much this would have made the National News if it was a friend of a Liberal Politician.

Plenty of skeletons in the Fiberals Closets.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/former-harper-drummer-sentenced-on-sex-charges/ar-AAglgAA?li=AAggFp5

So now, with being in office what, two weeks and the Liberals are now filtering news and who reports what?

Barry Morris
01-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Yeah, voice, never happened before the other way around. Sure.

The Chronic Liar
01-05-2016, 10:21 AM
So now, with being in office what, two weeks and the Liberals are now filtering news and who reports what?

Left wing press doesn't mean the government is filtering news and telling people what to report.

Barry Morris
01-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Left wing press doesn't mean the government is filtering news and telling people what to report.

It does to a right winger. It must.

RWGR
01-05-2016, 10:35 AM
With proof like that, how does one even begin to argue Barry's point??

Barry Morris
01-05-2016, 10:40 AM
With proof like that, how does one even begin to argue Barry's point??

Why, thanks RW, well said and very kind!!! :) :) :)

Anapeg
01-05-2016, 12:39 PM

The intimation was made, it was obvious, I simply pointed out the folly.

The Voice
01-05-2016, 07:48 PM
The intimation was made, it was obvious, I simply pointed out the folly.

There is no intimation of that at all. Just like the TITLE of the THREAD states The LEFT LEANING PRESS is making this a bigger story than it is. For that matter if Seamus O'Regan was a Conservative they would be dragging him through the Mud for being a Drunk rather than celebrating his courage.

You can believe that or not but it is a FACT.

Hans
01-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Thank YOU for THAT explanation.

Anapeg
01-05-2016, 08:08 PM
There is no intimation of that at all. Just like the TITLE of the THREAD states The LEFT LEANING PRESS is making this a bigger story than it is. For that matter if Seamus O'Regan was a Conservative they would be dragging him through the Mud for being a Drunk rather than celebrating his courage.

You can believe that or not but it is a FACT.

You branding something a fact does not make it one. Who is calling O'regan a hero? Simply admitting you are a drunk carries no ballast, at least not from this quarter. I would rate that right up there with Bruce Jenner getting a set of boobs glued to his chest and becoming a woman being a hero.

The Voice
01-05-2016, 08:44 PM
You branding something a fact does not make it one. Who is calling O'regan a hero? Simply admitting you are a drunk carries no ballast, at least not from this quarter. I would rate that right up there with Bruce Jenner getting a set of boobs glued to his chest and becoming a woman being a hero.

My Nomination for Post of the year 2016. Whether I agree with the politics or not it is still a beauty.

The Voice
01-05-2016, 08:46 PM
I digress it is not a fact, it is my opinion. None the less I will stand on this opinion, I believe it to be true.

Barry Morris
01-05-2016, 08:49 PM
I digress it is not a fact, it is my opinion. None the less I will stand on this opinion, I believe it to be true.

Now cut everybody else the same slack.

Anapeg
01-05-2016, 09:08 PM

I will stand behind your right to an opinion, fiercely and vociferously. Now, your original post says - "I doubt very much this would have made the National News if it was a friend of a Liberal Politician.
Plenty of skeletons in the Fiberals Closets".
This, to myself, at least, speaks to the Liberals holding sway o'er the press. Surely you don't believe this to be true? I would hope no government ever changed, reworded or in any way interfered with a news piece in all of the free world never mind Canada.

The Voice
01-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Nope it's only news because the left wing press say's it is. The guy played in a band with Harper: Ergo it is big news.

To turn the pitbull argument back against you. I read about someone being sentenced for just that thing in the Sault Star in the last month or so. I didn't see That pop up on the CBC now did I?

I am going to have to go back and look that up. I am about 95% sure it was a catholic priest and that would just be icing on the cake.

Anapeg
01-07-2016, 10:19 AM
Nope it's only news because the left wing press say's it is. The guy played in a band with Harper: Ergo it is big news.

To turn the pit bull argument back against you. I read about someone being sentenced for just that thing in the Sault Star in the last month or so. I didn't see That pop up on the CBC now did I?

I am going to have to go back and look that up. I am about 95% sure it was a catholic priest and that would just be icing on the cake.

This reads as true for me, no argument from this quarter.