PDA

View Full Version : From Facebook

Barry Morris
01-07-2016, 04:38 PM
"There was a farmer who grew excellent quality corn. Every year he won the award for the best grown corn. One year a newspaper reporter interviewed him and learned something interesting about how he grew it. The reporter discovered that the farmer shared his seed corn with his neighbors. “How can you afford to share your best seed corn with your neighbors when they are entering corn in competition with yours each year?” the reporter asked.

“Why sir,” said the farmer, “Didn’t you know? The wind picks up pollen from the ripening corn and swirls it from field to field. If my neighbors grow inferior corn, cross-pollination will steadily degrade the quality of my corn. If I am to grow good corn, I must help my neighbors grow good corn.”

So is with our lives... Those who want to live meaningfully and well must help enrich the lives of others, for the value of a life is measured by the lives it touches. And those who choose to be happy must help others find happiness, for the welfare of each is bound up with the welfare of all..."

RWGR
01-07-2016, 05:27 PM
phew, I was afraid to click on this after seeing the title!!

The Chronic Liar
01-07-2016, 07:57 PM
So the farmer is using his neighbours to improve his corn? How selfish.

Barry Morris
01-07-2016, 08:18 PM
So the farmer is using his neighbours to improve his corn? How selfish.

I trust you read the article, and realize their corn gets better too??

Barry Morris
01-07-2016, 08:18 PM
phew, I was afraid to click on this after seeing the title!!

I'll just bet you were!!! :) :) :)

The Chronic Liar
01-07-2016, 08:23 PM
I trust you read the article, and realize their corn gets better too??

But he is always slightly ahead. He makes sure of that so that he wins against the competing corn. I hate neighbours like that

RWGR
01-07-2016, 09:14 PM
I find this story a bit corny

It's like BM's farming for something

It's all a bunch of crop

(anyone see what I'm doing here?)

Barry Morris
01-07-2016, 09:23 PM
But he is always slightly ahead. He makes sure of that so that he wins against the competing corn. I hate neighbours like that

I bet you hate it when somebody does something nice for you, because it makes them a better person.

The Chronic Liar
01-07-2016, 09:29 PM
I bet you hate it when somebody does something nice for you, because it makes them a better person.

Not necessarily. I hate when they taint my corn for their own benefit. That really grinds my gears.

The Chronic Liar
01-07-2016, 09:29 PM
I find this story a bit corny

It's like BM's farming for something

It's all a bunch of crop

(anyone see what I'm doing here?)

I'd be a maized if they didn't see it.

Barry Morris
01-07-2016, 09:30 PM
Not necessarily. I hate when they taint my corn for their own benefit. That really grinds my gears.

Oh, I get it, you wouldn't want your crop to be better.

Barry Morris
01-07-2016, 09:31 PM
I'd be a maized if they didn't see it.

I'd be amazed if they cared.

The Chronic Liar
01-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Oh, I get it, you wouldn't want your crop to be better.

My crop is to feed my animals. I don't want peaches and cream corn. Stay out of my business neighbour I would say.

IMHO
01-07-2016, 11:10 PM
My corns are not good to eat.

The Chronic Liar
01-07-2016, 11:27 PM
My corns are not good to eat.

Because they are not cross pollinated with your neighbours corns.

IMHO
01-08-2016, 12:18 AM
Because they are not cross pollinated with your neighbours corns.

I AM GLAD you solved my dilemma.....now I can sleep tonight after I do some "husking".