PDA

View Full Version : 2015 saw an increase in persecution

Bluesky
01-13-2016, 10:49 AM
The top 50 countries are listed.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/images/66709.png

Anapeg
01-13-2016, 02:42 PM
This may be a good list to remember when planning where to send missionaries. Not to mention many if not most have been helped by missionaries and politicians it would seem it was not received in the way expected. It would seem North American expectations don't coincide with Middle east expectations and our meddling is not wanted. It does no one any good when you try to save those not looking to be saved. We have tried pushing our values on these folks for long enough. It is time we left them alone, politically, religiously, all the way 'round.

Barry Morris
01-13-2016, 03:14 PM
This may be a good list to remember when planning where to send missionaries. Not to mention many if not most have been helped by missionaries and politicians it would seem it was not received in the way expected. It would seem North American expectations don't coincide with Middle east expectations and our meddling is not wanted. It does no one any good when you try to save those not looking to be saved. We have tried pushing our values on these folks for long enough. It is time we left them alone, politically, religiously, all the way 'round.

When you know that God want's you to go, you go.

Just the way it is.

Anapeg
01-13-2016, 04:43 PM
When you know that God wants you to go, you go.

Just the way it is.

Then being surprised when their God tells them to eliminate the people chosen to go is a non sequitur. You already know the outcome.

RWGR
01-13-2016, 05:09 PM
When you know that God want's you to go, you go.

Just the way it is.

The same mindset as ISIS.

Barry Morris
01-13-2016, 08:40 PM
The same mindset as ISIS.

So you either just like to argue, or you thought the Jesuits were idiots.

Mark 16:15 i He said to them, “Go into the whole world and proclaim the gospel to every creature.
(NAB)

Bluesky
01-13-2016, 09:18 PM

These are not missionaries being slaughtered. These are Christians who have lived in these countries for millennia, and it is ISIS that has moved in on them in many cases, not the other way around. For the most part, these are either Coptic Christians, orthodox or Catholic. They are not typically evangelistic - i.e. pushing their values on anyone.

RWGR
01-14-2016, 08:15 AM
So you either just like to argue, or you thought the Jesuits were idiots.

Mark 16:15 i He said to them, “Go into the whole world and proclaim the gospel to every creature.
(NAB)

You make the mistake of believing it's either one or the other. It is not.

There is also the Christian who wrongly believes God wants them to clobber everyone over the head in order to get them to 'see the light'.

Don't have to look far at all to see an example.

And tell me, do you not believe ISIS believes "When you know that God want's you to go, you go"?

Barry Morris
01-14-2016, 08:22 AM
You make the mistake of believing it's either one or the other. It is not.

There is also the Christian who wrongly believes God wants them to clobber everyone over the head in order to get them to 'see the light'.

Don't have to look far at all to see an example.

And tell me, do you not believe ISIS believes "When you know that God want's you to go, you go"?

Your opinions are noted, and not in the least unexpected.

You seem to be pretty handy with the club yourself.

As far as what ISIS people think, you never cared before, you sure don't now.

RWGR
01-14-2016, 08:24 AM
As far as what ISIS people think, you never cared before, you sure don't now.

You know how I feel about ISIS?

Why don't you quit trying to deflect and answer a very simple question?

Do you feel ISIS has a mindset that basically says "When you know that God want's you to go, you go"?

Barry Morris
01-14-2016, 08:28 AM
...Do you feel ISIS has a mindset that basically says "When you know that God want's you to go, you go"?

Nope. Proof is rampant.

The young men involved are in it for the money.

I suppose you think the Jesuits were too, when they did missionary work.

RWGR
01-14-2016, 08:29 AM
So, all ISIS fighters do what they do for money. Interesting.

What is this opinion based on? Is there a source or link you could provide?

RWGR
01-14-2016, 08:32 AM
So because all ISIS adherents are in it for the money, we can wonder why Blue would post this nonsense, an article that claims ISIS is driven by a religious fanaticism to usher in the End Times: http://www.soonet.ca/showthread.php?53380-A-Jerusalem-Post-editorial

Barry Morris
01-14-2016, 08:55 AM
So because all ISIS adherents are in it for the money, we can wonder why Blue would post this nonsense, an article that claims ISIS is driven by a religious fanaticism to usher in the End Times: http://www.soonet.ca/showthread.php?53380-A-Jerusalem-Post-editorial

Wouldn't it be nice if commenters would READ the OP??

RWGR
01-14-2016, 08:57 AM
Your non- answer actually is an answer. Thank you.

Bluesky
01-14-2016, 10:08 AM
EVERY FLIPPING thread, you guys turn into a pissing match.

RWGR
01-14-2016, 11:07 AM
Did you mean to capitalize "every flipping", or do you need a new keyboard?

Anapeg
01-14-2016, 04:14 PM
Did you mean to capitalize "every flipping", or do you need a new keyboard?

What he and the few others still active here need is a new forum where you two are either not allowed or at least not allowed to interact. Your bickering is tedious, distracting and derails virtually every thread.

Anapeg
01-14-2016, 04:16 PM
These are not missionaries being slaughtered. These are Christians who have lived in these countries for millennia, and it is ISIS that has moved in on them in many cases, not the other way around. For the most part, these are either Coptic Christians, orthodox or Catholic. They are not typically evangelistic - i.e. pushing their values on anyone.

I stand corrected. I thought Christians in a Muslim land were visitors.

Bluesky
01-14-2016, 04:36 PM
It happens.

RWGR
01-14-2016, 04:44 PM
What he and the few others still active here need is a new forum where you two are either not allowed or at least not allowed to interact. Your bickering is tedious, distracting and derails virtually every thread.

A heroin addict would have an easier time putitng down the needle than you would ignoring me.

And dats da TRUTH!!! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
01-14-2016, 06:27 PM

And can he ignore us??

Wanna try?? For how long??

RWGR
01-14-2016, 07:46 PM
And can he ignore us??

Wanna try?? For how long??

Awwww. still looking for allies! :) :) :)

Barry Morris
01-14-2016, 10:27 PM
Awwww. still looking for allies!

I already have them. And don't need you for anything.

Valentines Day. A holiday till then from the "winner".

Maybe Blue will be happier!!! :) :) :)

Anapeg
01-14-2016, 10:50 PM
It happens.

All too often anymore. Of all the things I have ever lost I miss my memory the most.

Anapeg
01-14-2016, 10:52 PM
A heroin addict would have an easier time putitng down the needle than you would ignoring me.

And dats da TRUTH!!! :) :) :)

Wanna bet?

Bluesky
01-15-2016, 09:24 AM
All too often anymore. Of all the things I have ever lost I miss my memory the most.

Ha. You and me both! What were we talking about again?