PDA

View Full Version : American Anglicans have been 'churched'

Bluesky
01-14-2016, 04:36 PM
http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2016/january/episcopal-church-suspended-anglican-communion-gay-marriage.html

Episcopal Church Suspended from Anglican Communion over Same-Sex Marriage

RWGR
01-14-2016, 05:45 PM
The fruits of Sola Scriptura.

Barry Morris
01-14-2016, 07:08 PM
The fruits of Sola Scriptura.

Be interesting to see Blue's reply to that.

RWGR
01-14-2016, 07:14 PM

Be interesting to see anyone's reply to that.

Bluesky
01-14-2016, 09:17 PM

Nope. Like I say, it takes two to argue. I have learned not to take the bait. Consequently it dies here.
I post items that are newsworthy and not for argument's sake. You can do with it as you like.

Barry Morris
01-14-2016, 11:21 PM
Nope. Like I say, it takes two to argue. I have learned not to take the bait. Consequently it dies here.
I post items that are newsworthy and not for argument's sake. You can do with it as you like.

Iron sharpens iron.

I wouldn't think much of a preacher who spoke every Sunday, but was never available to expand on his offerings.

Bluesky
01-14-2016, 11:44 PM
Yeah, expand on the offerings, Pass the plate around a second time.

Barry Morris
01-15-2016, 12:00 AM
Yeah, expand on the offerings, Pass the plate around a second time.

Just like the winger.

Hans
01-15-2016, 07:19 AM
Iron sharpens iron.

I wouldn't think much of a preacher who spoke every Sunday, but was never available to expand on his offerings.

I believe you would use a stone to sharpen iron.

RWGR
01-15-2016, 09:16 AM
Just like the winger.

LOL, Blue has abandoned you, buddy. You best move on.

RWGR
01-15-2016, 09:18 AM

You were the guy who lamented the fact no one discussed things here a while ago.

Your problem is the same as it's always been: if you cannot dictate the terms, you don't play.

You didn't respond to my comment because, to be truthful, there is no rebuttal. One side, using SS, believes it is right. The other side, using SS, believes it is right. The fruits of SS.

So, either the Holy Spirit has a great sense of humor, and likes to mess with us at times, or He sometimes gets things wrong... or SS is a fundamentally flawed and circular entity.

Bluesky
01-15-2016, 10:23 AM
Discussion is one thing. Crowing about winning and "playing a game" is something you characteristically do.
And your comment was not an invitation to discuss. You ought to know the difference.
I don't dictate terms. I merely avoid arguing. I know that upsets you because it spoils your fun.

RWGR
01-15-2016, 10:26 AM
Character attacks to cover the fact you have no rebuttal.

I expected nothing less.

Anapeg
01-15-2016, 09:51 PM
Discussion is one thing. Crowing about winning and "playing a game" is something you characteristically do.
And your comment was not an invitation to discuss. You ought to know the difference.
I don't dictate terms. I merely avoid arguing. I know that upsets you because it spoils your fun.

Were people not to rise to the occasion he would have nothing to play against and all his bravado would be for naught.

RWGR
01-16-2016, 08:59 AM
Were people not to rise to the occasion he would have nothing to play against and all his bravado would be for naught.

Says the guy who responds to me all the time.