PDA

View Full Version : please let's not go this way

Bluesky
01-22-2016, 10:40 AM
I totally agree with this author. Do you?

http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/23/a-rape-survivor-speaks-out-about-transgender-bathrooms/?fb_action_ids=10153131978551292&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=.VqABrBoPZI0.like&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B899932296755959%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.likes%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%22.VqABrBoPZI0.like%22%5D

Hans
01-23-2016, 02:45 AM
Something tells me she hates men.

dancingqueen
01-29-2016, 05:22 PM
Don’t they know that predators are known to intentionally seek out places where many of their preferred targets gather in groups?
I would be interested in seeing this statement backed up...

What of my right to do my darndest to insist that the first time my daughter sees the adult male form it will be because she’s chosen it, not because it’s forced upon her?
I wonder if she is suggesting a completely segregated society? men and women separate in all aspects of life?

dancingqueen
01-29-2016, 05:24 PM

Sounds more like she doesn't trust them. And that is her prerogative, It is, however, unreasonable to expect society to take her lead. Perhaps we should consider single stall bathrooms for trigger sensitive people? because women sexually assault women too.

BFLPE
01-29-2016, 05:54 PM
What I am saying is that there are countless deviant men in this world who will pretend to be transgender as a means of gaining access to the people they want to exploit, namely women and children. It already happens. Just Google Jason Pomares, Norwood Smith Burnes, or Taylor Buehler, for starters.I have no idea what those 3 have to do with anything. They all looked like women when entering women only areas. Were all bathrooms transgender they would have done nothing differently.

Though I'm against this silliness of gender being anything other than an anatomical distinction this woman's story does nothing to sway the argument in either direction IMO.

Perhaps the article will help deal with her demons but beyond that I see little purpose to it.

Barry Morris
01-29-2016, 06:11 PM
I have no idea what those 3 have to do with anything. They all looked like women when entering women only areas. Were all bathrooms transgender they would have done nothing differently.

I sure don't understand what you mean by that.

"The L.A. County Sheriff's Department says suspect Jason Pomares, 33, dressed up like a woman to spy on women in a Macy's bathroom.."

Isn't that a problem??

Barry Morris
01-29-2016, 06:14 PM

From the site:

"What I am saying is that there are countless deviant men in this world who will pretend to be transgender as a means of gaining access to the people they want to exploit, namely women and children."

You don't see this as a problem, Hans??

BFLPE
01-29-2016, 06:31 PM
From the site:

"What I am saying is that there are countless deviant men in this world who will pretend to be transgender as a means of gaining access to the people they want to exploit, namely women and children."From the site: an opinion, nothing more.

BFLPE
01-29-2016, 07:42 PM
I sure don't understand what you mean by that.

"The L.A. County Sheriff's Department says suspect Jason Pomares, 33, dressed up like a woman to spy on women in a Macy's bathroom.."

Isn't that a problem??Yes, it could be considered a problem. I don't see how it's relevant though. Someone who appears to be a woman enters a women only bathroom. How is that an example of bad that could come from transgender bathrooms?

dancingqueen
01-30-2016, 12:33 PM
From the site:

"What I am saying is that there are countless deviant men in this world who will pretend to be transgender as a means of gaining access to the people they want to exploit, namely women and children."

You don't see this as a problem, Hans??

That has nothing to do with a person being transgendered.
Do you know what being Transgender is about? Many people do not fully understand it, which is why this would even classify as a debate.

Bluesky
01-30-2016, 04:11 PM
That has nothing to do with a person being transgendered.
Do you know what being Transgender is about? Many people do not fully understand it, which is why this would even classify as a debate.

http://lucianne.com/images/lucianne/DailyPhoto/2016-01-30.jpg

dancingqueen
01-30-2016, 04:22 PM
http://lucianne.com/images/lucianne/DailyPhoto/2016-01-30.jpg

Dressing up as a member of a different gender is very different from identifying as a different gender.

Bluesky
01-30-2016, 05:46 PM
Well how do you know from that drawing that he only dressed up. There could be a whole lot more happenin' under that dress.

Barry Morris
01-30-2016, 05:57 PM
This is not actually about transgender, it's about people abusing the permissive society we are in to take advantage of the opportunity to enter places previously off limits.

dancingqueen
01-30-2016, 08:31 PM
Well how do you know from that drawing that he only dressed up. There could be a whole lot more happenin' under that dress.

You are absolutely right, I am not arguing that.

dancingqueen
01-30-2016, 08:33 PM
This is not actually about transgender, it's about people abusing the permissive society we are in to take advantage of the opportunity to enter places previously off limits.

Because someone who is planning on raping someone else is going to say "never mind, she went into the woman's washroom, guess I won't rape her after all"

I am genuinely trying to understand the line of thought here.

Bluesky
01-30-2016, 10:40 PM
What is it that you don't get exactly?

dancingqueen
01-31-2016, 01:08 AM
That allowing people that have *****es into women's washrooms is going to lead to more violence against women...
It's not like statistically a room where women congregate is a prime place for someone to assault a woman.