PDA

View Full Version : Hope You're Not Surprised

RWGR
01-22-2016, 09:10 PM
Most of your Facebook friends don’t care about you and probably wouldn’t even sympathise with your problems, according to a new study.

Many people have hundreds of Facebook friends. But people can only really depend on four of them, on average, according to new research.

Robin Dunbar, a professor of evolutionary psychology at Oxford University, undertook a study to find out the connection between whether people have lots of Facebook friends and real friends.

He found that there was very little correlation between having friends on social networks and actually being able to depend on them, or even talking to them regularly.

The average person studied had around 150 Facebook friends. But only about 14 of them would express sympathy in the event of anything going wrong.

The average person said that only about 27 per cent of their Facebook friends were genuine.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-friends-are-almost-entirely-fake-study-finds-a6826721.html

The Voice
01-22-2016, 09:18 PM
Most of your Facebook friends don’t care about you and probably wouldn’t even sympathise with your problems, according to a new study.

Many people have hundreds of Facebook friends. But people can only really depend on four of them, on average, according to new research.

Robin Dunbar, a professor of evolutionary psychology at Oxford University, undertook a study to find out the connection between whether people have lots of Facebook friends and real friends.

He found that there was very little correlation between having friends on social networks and actually being able to depend on them, or even talking to them regularly.

The average person studied had around 150 Facebook friends. But only about 14 of them would express sympathy in the event of anything going wrong.

The average person said that only about 27 per cent of their Facebook friends were genuine.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-friends-are-almost-entirely-fake-study-finds-a6826721.html

I don't have any facebook friends so I don't give a rat's ass...

ROFLMAO!!!!

Hans
01-23-2016, 02:27 AM
I have always said, and still say today, Facebook is the evil of the world.

RWGR
01-23-2016, 08:52 AM
It's a monstrosity. It has robbed people of the ability to communicate face-to-face, and it has allowed hundreds of millions of people to create an alter-reality online, which clashes with their real reality.

The Chronic Liar
01-23-2016, 09:18 AM
It's a monstrosity. It has robbed people of the ability to communicate face-to-face, and it has allowed hundreds of millions of people to create an alter-reality online, which clashes with their real reality.

Does this sentiment extend to cats?

Bluesky
01-23-2016, 09:20 AM
I keep in touch with my family, which is spread all across Canada. And I have hundreds of "friends". But FB friends and real friends are two very different things.
I also have my settings to the highest level of prvacy. The public cannot see my posts, and if you misbehave on my FB page, you are unfriended. No mercy.
Facebook serves me well.

But for many, I can see that it can be a monstrosity.

Anapeg
01-23-2016, 11:11 AM
"Robin Dunbar, a professor of evolutionary psychology at Oxford University, undertook a study to find out the connection between whether people have lots of Facebook friends and real friends."

Someone, somewhere actually saw fit to fund this 'study'. That speaks volumes to the state of our society as does facebook.

The Chronic Liar
01-23-2016, 11:23 AM
"Robin Dunbar, a professor of evolutionary psychology at Oxford University, undertook a study to find out the connection between whether people have lots of Facebook friends and real friends."

Someone, somewhere actually saw fit to fund this 'study'. That speaks volumes to the state of our society as does facebook.

Studies such as this are a farce.

IMHO
01-24-2016, 03:05 PM
I do not belong to facebook. Somehow I feel I am not being deprived.....or am I ?